Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64575 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Slipping Away
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2019, 07:32:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you happen to know what organization that is? The one Southwest of here? Also when did you form? There was nothing like you before I was frozen, is it ok if I learn a bit of history about you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2019, 08:45:29 am »

Arena -> Stepping Stones
Travel SW and cross the river with Helen, leaving the doctor behind.
[El Tigre rolled 4+3+2body+1helen=10]
The pair head over to the half flooded bridge. El Tigre leads the way, hopping along the roofs of the cars. On the last one he lands and slips on the wet roof, but Helen catches him with an outstretched limb. She coils herself slowly from car to car and they continue on their way.

"It should just be along the river from here..." she whispers, beginning to move south.

Residential Sycamore Wood
Do you happen to know what organization that is? The one Southwest of here? Also when did you form? There was nothing like you before I was frozen, is it ok if I learn a bit of history about you?
[Sandra rolled 6+6+1empathy+1eyesofgaia=14]
The robot takes a moment. "Hmm, I wasn't sure before but searching now it's clear. They're members of a church called the Church of the New Millennium. They think their immortal, or near enough. When I've gathered up more of my friends, we'll drive them from here.

"My name is Sable. I'm a part of The Eyes of Gaia. We watch over the ecosystem. After most people left Earth we built our robots to protect the wilderness that was growing up, to prevent a new industrial civilisation from rising up here. We're called the Eyes because we watch over from above, you see." Sable points a claw up to the overcast sky. "My mind is up there in a satellite high above us. I'm controlling this metal body from there.

"You say you were frozen? You'll have to tell me more about that. Like cryogenics? How long were you out?"

(Belatedly) Sandra loses 1 rep with Church of the New Millenium (now -2) for destroying their beacon.

Sandra gains +1 tally for uncovering mystery: the Eyes of Gaia aren't in their robot bodies, they control them from satellites far above.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2019, 09:01:14 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"That thing we face...it sounds like you know about him? Who or what was he, and what does his organization want?"

Follow Helen South, trying to follow in the path she makes so as not to disturb the wildlife too much.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2019, 09:45:26 am »

The Fox
"Hold on," says Frog, as he watches Doctor Amoretto's meterstick being washed downstream.

He takes off his jacket and takes a running leap and dives into the stream. A few moments later he kicks back and drags himself back onto the road. He throws the stick to Amoretto.

"You might be a freak, but you saved our lives twice today. It's the least I can do. They don't call me frog for nothing."

Cass rolls her eyes. "Come on, we're wasting daylight out here."

Amoretto gains a meterstick.

Stepping Stones -> County Council
"That thing we face...it sounds like you know about him? Who or what was he, and what does his organization want?"

Follow Helen South, trying to follow in the path she makes so as not to disturb the wildlife too much.
[El Tigre rolled 3+3+1empathy+0eyesofgaia=7]
"Oh he was just a Hunter," says Helen as the pair walk through the streets adjacent to the river. "We don't usually come into direct conflict. They form groups called guilds and they run around the Earth like its a playground, but they mostly don't build things here. Though we don't like that they take animal bodies to make their morphs."

The river splits and spreads out before them. A giant building dominates the skyline here. A moss-covered sign says its Norfolk County Council. Helen leads El Tigre behind the building a street over to where a mechanics garage is. The roll-up door is open and a great spidery robot with gossamer wings is welding a leg onto itself.

"Who are you and why are you travelling with that asshole!" the robot hisses. "That creep destroyed my last morph!"

El Tigre gains +1 tally for exploration.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2019, 09:49:50 am »

:)
"Thank you, Frog. So much."
Alright, let's get moving.
(By the way, is my bruised foot good now? If not, just make sure to let me know when it is.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:00:55 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2019, 09:52:25 am »

(Lets say resting in the cart for the last four miles has eased off the pain and you no longer have the condition.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2019, 09:57:20 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

El Tigre puts his face in his hands.

"I...I must have. Everything is so confusing after coming out of that weird machine. I believed this was a dream and the metal insect was a foe. Forgive me señor, is there anyway I can repay you for the damage I caused?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:01:14 am by Wozzy »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2019, 10:00:38 am »

(Lets say resting in the cart for the last four miles has eased off the pain and you no longer have the condition.
Thanks. Editing my sheet now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 18, 2019, 10:14:45 am »

Break into a building, and check the insides for less soggy wood.  Either something will be left open, or there will be something to cut or bite through, so there should be some way inside.  Inside, look for something easily burnable, and if it fails, try to cut small pieces off something with the razor tail, including possibly some of the soggy wood, as it could be left out to dry.

Once that's done, if wood is acquired start a fire, bite off the top of the can of beans, and set them to cooking.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 18, 2019, 10:39:14 am »

”Thank you Sable. I will head west now to deal with the Hunter-Snatcher. Unless you want me to help disassemble the tractor to possibly help make another robot body for you to control. Plus tractors can pollute, so making it unable to do that should help preserve the environment” Exit the tractor and try to break parts off. Then head NW and search for the hunter.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2019, 11:35:54 am »

The Fox -> Roughton
Alright, let's get moving.
Amoretto kicks back in the cart and watches the miles pass. Over an hour later, with countryside and tiny hamlets and little streams fading into view, they arrive at a village. A huge forest lies ahead of them, a lake off to one side. The main road snakes into the woods, while overgrown smaller roads lead northeast and southwest.

"We've made Roughton so Cromer is about three miles north of here," says Cass, peering into the trees.

"Let's be direct, speed up the main road and hit quick and get out of here," says Frog.

"Too risky. We should take the smaller road in and scope things out," says Dell. "It'll be slower but worth it."

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Spoiler: Road Map (click to show/hide)

County Council
El Tigre puts his face in his hands.

"I...I must have. Everything is so confusing after coming out of that weird machine. I believed this was a dream and the metal insect was a foe. Forgive me señor, is there anyway I can repay you for the damage I caused?"
[El Tigre rolled 6+3+1empathy+0eyesofgaia=10]
"I vouch for him!" Helen says, her voice almost reaching normal volume. "This man rescued me from a Terraterror fight, Natrix."

Natrix keeps attaching his arm. "So you can fight, huh? You want to make it up to me, you can help put Helen here back together. Those weird hands of yours can bend the metal back into place, like so..."

He projects an image on to the wall, a blueprint showing how Helen's tentacoiler morph should fit together, side-by-side with a breakdown of her current damage.

Break into a building, and check the insides for less soggy wood.  Either something will be left open, or there will be something to cut or bite through, so there should be some way inside.  Inside, look for something easily burnable, and if it fails, try to cut small pieces off something with the razor tail, including possibly some of the soggy wood, as it could be left out to dry.

Once that's done, if wood is acquired start a fire, bite off the top of the can of beans, and set them to cooking.

[Sandeep rolled 2+1+0body+1tail-1hunger=3]
[Sandeep rolled 2+5+1weird+1hunger=9]
[Sandeep rolled 6+2+1wits-1hunger=8]
[Sandeep rolls 5+6+1weird+1hunger=13]
Sandeep tries to use the tail to lever off the boarding over the bingo hall, but it won't budge. Out of the corner of his eye, he thinks he spots something moving between the crumbling houses. Probably nothing. He begins to use his teeth instead, his hunger spurring him on. After all that, he has splinters in his mouth, but a lot of chewed up chipboard. The way into the bingo hall is still barred with a metal door behind the boards, but these boards will make a fine fire.

He uses the lighter to spark some twigs and leaves and set a fire. As he does, he occasionally hears a creak from the nearby ruins. Something is definitely out there. He tears off the lid of the beans with his teeth and sets it on the fire to cook. They cook up fine and he chows down. They're not the best he'd ever had, but the hunger from the day's work makes it very satisfying. As he finishes his meal he spots through two broken windows, through the corner of a house, a huge cyberrhino sneaking round towards him. It doesn't know that Sandeep has seen it.

Sandeep is no longer hungry.

Residential Sycamore Woods
”Thank you Sable. I will head west now to deal with the Hunter-Snatcher. Unless you want me to help disassemble the tractor to possibly help make another robot body for you to control. Plus tractors can pollute, so making it unable to do that should help preserve the environment” Exit the tractor and try to break parts off. Then head NW and search for the hunter.
[Sandra rolled 6+5+1body+1sable=13]
Sable uses it's powerful claws to tear off parts of the damaged tractor while Sandra helps. Together the two of them open up the engine and rip parts out. The tyres are left alone as apparently they explode if burst. Soon though, the machine is ruined.

"The weather and plants will do the rest," Sable says. "Thank you. These old parts aren't useful for us, we need special receptive metals for our bodies."

With Sable's blessing, Sandra walks northwest to find the Hunter...

Park Sycamore Wood
Sandra finds herself in a clearing among some rusting children's play park equipment. There are toadstools here, some of which appear recently picked, the grass around them somewhat trampled. The woods continue southwest, while northwest Sandra sees the towering buildings of the city.

Spoiler: City Map (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2019, 11:48:21 am »

You know, there's another way into large buildings like these..

Look for a ladder leading up onto the bingo hall, for access to the roof air conditioners.  Run for it, or around the building if it isn't on this side.  Then climb up.  I should be able to get inside the building by biting through the bolts that hold the air conditoners onto the roof ductwork, and then tipping the conditioner over, freeing up access to the ceiling ducts.  From there, climbing down and getting in should be possible, if tricky.

Also, Rhino probably can't climb.

(I'll level up when I think I'm facing a succeed or die situation, or hit an amount of tallies that I've chosen arbritrarily.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2019, 12:07:41 pm »

Five tallies exchanged for profession: Traveler.
"Why would the main road be too risky? We've been travelling on it for a while now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 18, 2019, 12:14:10 pm »

(Forgot to add the tally last turn so I added it this turn)
Head SW and continue searching for the hunter. As I’m walking, write what I’ve learned in my notebook

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 18, 2019, 03:51:36 pm »

Bingo Hall
Look for a ladder leading up onto the bingo hall, for access to the roof air conditioners.  Run for it, or around the building if it isn't on this side.
[Sandeep rolled 4+2+0body=6]
Sandeep starts running towards the side of the building, eyes peeled for a fire escape. The cyberrhino veers round the corner and catches sight of him. Then it charges. Sandeep's legs feel like treacle as the moment seems to slow down and he just can't run fast enough. The huge armor-plated beast is almost upon him in an instance, its razorsharp horn angled ready to gore the architect.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Roughton
"Why would the main road be too risky? We've been travelling on it for a while now."
The others look at each other. "You know we said we learned that there was an aid delivery?" says Dell. "Well we intercepted that transmission. We don't know who it was sent to, or from... we're hoping its general aid for survivors like us hanging on out here. But..."

"It could be for the Church, it could be a Hunter drop. It could be anything," says Cass, adjusting her crossbow. "Whether it was meant for the likes of us, or for someone else, we've got a castle full of needy people."

Head SW and continue searching for the hunter. As I’m walking, write what I’ve learned in my notebook
[Sandra rolled 2+2+2=6]
The crumbling terraced houses gives way to a huge overgrown field next to a sprawling academy. Rolling hills and sand banks spread out southwest. The river runs off to the south. The city spreads out north and northwest.

Sandra writes up her note book everything that happened, and she looks for clues. She finds a fat lot of nothing. Worse still, the sun begins to sink on the horizon. It will soon be quite dark.

Sandra gains +1 tally for exploration.
Sandra gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44