Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64736 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Reversals
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2019, 08:07:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when a person enters, tell them “I don’t understand why you are burning trees. From what I’ve seen of who you call the Eyes of Gaia, they just want to live in and protect what remains of the forest. The reason I attacked the man in a flamethrower vehicle is because I thought he was going to kill me. He seemed to think I am possessed, wh3n in reality I just want to help them unfamiliar the signal and stop the burning. I don’t know what you want from me. Where did you take me? Who are you? Why are you burning places and blocking the inhabitants from their land?”

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2019, 08:58:05 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"¡Aiya! Señorita, not so tight. My name is El Tigre. This group, Terraterror offered me medicine and food if I fought for their entertainment. Do you recognize these robots surrounding us? Perhaps we should try to get away from these drones so we can talk, it sounds like I was able to fix...something inside of this robot that allowed you to have control again."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2019, 09:00:30 pm »

"¡Aiya! Señorita, not so tight. My name is El Tigre. This group, Terraterror offered me medicine and food if I fought for their entertainment. Do you recognize these robots surrounding us? Perhaps we should try to get away from these drones so we can talk, it sounds like I was able to fix...something inside of this robot that allowed you to have control again."

OOC are you talking to Sandra? Or someone else?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2019, 09:14:45 pm »

OOC are you talking to Sandra? Or someone else?
((I fear not; El Tigre is currently pleading with the sexy squid who has him wrapped up.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2019, 09:15:04 pm »

(El Tigre is in the arena.  I'm not sure where your character is, but I think you were on the scorched road.  Different locations.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2019, 09:17:35 pm »

(El Tigre is in the arena.  I'm not sure where your character is, but I think you were on the scorched road.  Different locations.)
Ok thanks. Sorry about that

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2019, 09:25:48 pm »

Gated Community
Issac decides to sit down and read one of the old bibles. Issac was never really the churchy type, but he did recall it being possible to express pretty much any viewpoint by selectively choosing verses in the bible back in the old day. This was information that Issac could potentially be useful if he were to spend an extended amount of time in this place.
[Isaac rolled 5+5+3=13]
Isaac sits back in the chair and flicks through the bible. He finds several choice lines and sets them to memory, knowing they'll be useful when he needs to speak from a firmer theological standpoint.

Isaac learns biblical quotes.

when a person enters, tell them “I don’t understand why you are burning trees. From what I’ve seen of who you call the Eyes of Gaia, they just want to live in and protect what remains of the forest. The reason I attacked the man in a flamethrower vehicle is because I thought he was going to kill me. He seemed to think I am possessed, when in reality I just want to help them unfamiliar the signal and stop the burning. I don’t know what you want from me. Where did you take me? Who are you? Why are you burning places and blocking the inhabitants from their land?”
[Sandra rolls 2+1+1empathy+1teacher-1church=4]
Two men, the one with dark glasses, and a new man, old with a dog collar, come into the room. Sandra tries to explain her position as clearly as she's able, but the men ignore her.

"She attacked my tractor," says the first man. "She was sounding off about how great the Eyes are."

"She's babbling... delirious," says the priest. "They must have taken an innocent woman and corrupted her with their foul doctrine."

"I think they may have found a way to literally possess her," says the first man.

The priest frowns. "Hmm. I should contact the Bishop about this. Let's let her sweat it out. If her senses return to her, then we can help her ascend like any other."

The two men leave the room. Sandra is alone with her memories once again.

Sandra gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Boundary Road
He then gets on the proffered bike and begins pedaling when it comes time to do so.
[Amoretto rolls 5+2+0body=7]
Amoretto pedals hard, following the lead north along the old Cromer Road. It's an old highway, raised from the surrounding countryside. Old fields are slowly turning into woodland on either side of the road, but the heavy tarmac and concrete sidings has kept the road remarkably clear. It's tough going, but Amoretto manages to keep pace with Cass and soon gets into the rhythm of it.

After about a mile of riding they come to a spot where an articulated lorry has jackknifed across the road.

"Oh! I know where we are. There's a shortcut..." says Cass. She steers the bike cart right, across a gap in the mid-barrier and through a tear in a fence on the road side. A few moments later they find themselves on a huge airport runway. A vast empty stretch of cracked, barren land. In this corner of the runway there are dozens of ancient planes sitting on deflated wheels, slowly degrading.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Amoretto gains +1 tally for exploration.

Arena
[El Tigre rolled 5+2+1empathy+1damagedtentacoil-2eyesofgaia=7]
The tentacoiler drops El Tigre, who lands some feet down on the ashen ground.

"You do seem to have fixed their hold on my morph," Helen whispers. "These drones are TT property. We run into them from time to time, they often film our fights. This is the first time I've heard of them catching one of us. I would speak with you more..."

"IN A SURPRISE TWIST, EL TIGRE PICANTE AND THE TENTACOILER HAVE TEAMED UP FOR THE SECOND BOUT..." the drones blare at once. From the blimp, another huge crate is lowered down, this one twice the size.

"WEIGHING TWO METRIC TON OF PURE MUSCLE AND STEEL, A MONSTER OF THE NORTHERN WASTES, IT'S RIPALBION39, FROM THE SNACKYBOIS GUILD!"

The crate bursts open and out steps a twelve foot high furred giant, looking for all the world like a silver yeti, its flesh riven and twisted with thousands of glowing wires.

"The Spicy Tiger? More like the Mild Pussy Cat!" RIPAlbion39 smack talks. "I can't wait to pick bits of you from my teeth!"

"Ugh. These guys are the worst," Helen whispers. "Let's ruin his day."

El Tigre gains +1 rep with the Eyes of Gaia (now -1).
El Tigre is no longer bound.

Cow Tower
Try to find a way into the tower.
[Sandeep rolled 3+4+2wits+1architect=10]
The doorway to the tower is heavily rusted- one small kick and it falls in. Sandeep wanders through and the centre is opened to the elements. It's tricky to figure a way up, as there are many stairwells, some of which are blocked off, others poorly maintained, but eventually Sandeep figures a way up to the top. From so high up, he can see the cathedral tower,to the southeast, and south beyond that he can see a castle. On the top of the castle he can see the glint of solar panels. Across the river to the north he can see a vast landscape of ramps and rails: an enormous skate park. To the northeast across the river, the high heath, now mostly wooded over, he sees a herd of deer grazing in a clearing. South of the heath, there's a hill covered in hulking gas holder towers, their empty cylindrical frames lined with birds.

From up here, he can see the blimp is emblazoned with the words TERRATERROR. There are tiny dots (birds? balloons?) swarming around the blimp. A huge box emerges from the bottom of the blimp and is lowered out of sight below.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:25:36 am by notquitethere »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2019, 09:42:10 pm »

"What was I looking for.. some docks?  Not sure where those might be.  Probably keep heading north, and follow the river downstream after crossing that bridge over there."

Rest up a bit and scrounge around for food and supplies.  (matches, firestarter, stuff to make into a small pack.)  Does anyone live here?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2019, 09:47:38 pm »

Use Eidetic Memory to think back to when she saw the tractor. Try to figure out if there are any weak points on it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2019, 10:05:24 pm »

With nothing in particular he needs to be doing, Issac looks around the room for anything worthy of note while he waits.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2019, 10:14:15 pm »

"¡Ho ho! A worthy opponent, and a worthy ally to tag team him with."

Charge the yeti, and slide between its legs. Climb up his hairy legs and back, and put him in a choke hold. Pray that his swoleness puts him at a disadvantage when trying to remove him.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2019, 10:19:38 pm »

Seeing little else to do, Kam will look around for notes or books that don't seem ancient. He'll also check the cupboards where the tea and biscuits came from to see if there are more and also if they appear poisoned. If they seem safe, chow down.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2019, 10:25:32 pm »

I looked at the most recent map, how is boundary road completely surrounded by ?s? If someone got there, shouldn’t there be a path of named areas?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2019, 10:37:52 pm »

(Maybe it's where you are, and you didn't explore the route to there as you were knocked out and taken there.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2019, 10:39:48 pm »

(Maybe it's where you are, and you didn't explore the route to there as you were knocked out and taken there.)

It showed my turn in Gated community, though
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44