Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64710 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Not Alone!
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2019, 10:37:39 pm »

Issac asks Kam where this gate is, as Issac saw no gate on the north side, which is where they came from.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2019, 11:15:18 pm »

(Misread that) Your right. Let's walk around and if we don't see one, maybe look somewhere else? It's just odd to find a thriving community like this right? This is supposed to only happen at the end of the movie, ya know?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2019, 05:46:14 am »

Flooded School
Tim Tam hardly even blinks before beginning to move. Vanishing into a blur to sweep around the lunging wolfs side and slam into it at full force with their pipe.
Use my magic power to bite the cyberwolf.  See if I can like take huge bites, or just normal bites that are very strong.
[Tim Tam rolled 6+2+2weird+1ironbar=10]
[Sandeep rolled 2+2+1weird=5]
With immense alacrity, Tim Tam zips out of the way of the cyberwolf, before double-backing and slamming into the chrome creature's side. The wolf splashes through a puddle before jerkily dragging itself back to its feet, its camera eyes swivelling on Sandeep. Sandeep runs straight at the wolf, mouth wide open. He tries to grapple the beast, to sink his teeth in, but the beast snaps its own razor teeth at the man. The teeth slash Sandeeps arm, gouging deep cuts and tearing his sleeves.

Sandeep gain +1 tally for critical failure.
Sandeep gains wound: cut arm.

Gated Community
Issac takes a moment to see if there are any walnut trees on the outside of the gated community.
(Misread that) Your right. Let's walk around and if we don't see one, maybe look somewhere else? It's just odd to find a thriving community like this right? This is supposed to only happen at the end of the movie, ya know?
[Isaac rolled 6+4+wits3=13]
Isaac sees the walnut trees are all inside the fence, and indeed it's the wrong time of year for walnuts anyway. But as he's looking around, he finds a large gooseberry bush growing outside the fence. Kam walks to the corner of the long fence and sees a road, cleared of most weeds, leading to a huge gate. A sign on the outside of the fence reads:

WELCOME TO THE MILLENNIUM OF OUR LORD
WELCOME TO TUCKSWOOD

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2019, 06:26:04 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Eat some grub, see if the doc can treat my wounds.

((Did I get the correct answer for the TerraTerror mystery?))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2019, 06:32:42 am »

Eat some grub, see if the doc can treat my wounds.

((Did I get the correct answer for the TerraTerror mystery?))
El Tigre begins to scoff down the fruit and nuts while he waits for medical aid.

El Tigre is no longer hungry.
El Tigre gains +1 tally for discovering that the TerraTerror blimp is a part of an entertainment brand, related to putting on filmed fights.

(Thanks for the reminder.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2019, 07:28:16 am »

"If this is for entertainment where are the crowds or is it just being filmed, and if your filming it were are you broadcasting it to?"
Use the provided medical supplies to patch up El TIgre.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2019, 07:57:12 am »

It’s now been 24 hours since my last post.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2019, 10:30:22 am »

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Edited stat fix, my mistake.)

Well, I say we knock. What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:09:33 pm by Roboson »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2019, 10:42:56 am »

Arena
"If this is for entertainment where are the crowds or is it just being filmed, and if your filming it were are you broadcasting it to?"
Use the provided medical supplies to patch up El TIgre.
[Goldstine rolled 5+1+2wits+1doctor+1supplies=10]
[Goldstine rolled 4+2+0empathy=6]
Dr Goldstine takes the spirit and cleans El Tigre's wound and then wraps clean bandages securely around him. The luchadore is going to be just fine.

As he works he asks the drones questions but they busy themselves getting into place for filming, ignoring him. He had barely finished patching El Tigre up when a huge crate is lowered down from the blimp into the centre of the arena.

"TAKE YOUR POSITION CONTENDER!" the drones blare.

Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.
El Tigre no longer has the wound: slashed shoulder

(Realized I had 3 XP, took a level in empathy.)
It's 5 tallies for +1 stat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2019, 11:35:45 am »

Use the wrench and just try to hold off cyber-wolf this turn.  Hopefully my ally can finish it.

(If there is no help, try for another bite.)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:53:46 am by Devastator »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »

El Tigre is always ready, since he is always in character. Nonetheless, when the cameras are on, he turns it up to 11.
El Tigre runs up to a drone that is near ground level, and yanks it from the air. He starts screaming into its camera in Spanish, amping up his fans, and himself. He brandishes the metal insect's wings, holding it up like a championship belt, and with a final primal yell, releases the poor drone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2019, 12:39:03 pm »

Name:Sandra
Appearance: (you can choose to fill this in after you get your mutation if you like)
Profession: Teacher

Stats: Stats start at -1. Distribute 7 points across them, ranging -1 to 2
Body (using your physicality): 0
Wits (using your mind): 2
Empathy (dealing with people): 1
Weird (using your mutant powers): 0

Mutation: (this is randomly assigned to you, there are 1000+ permutations. If you like, you can start with 2 mutations at a cost of -1 to a stat of your choice)
Signature Gear: A notebook I use to write down what I learned
Big dream: Learn as much as I can about the world so I can teach people here.
Conditions: None
Relationship: Naomi. Naomi was left behind. She was one of the few students who actually wanted to learn what I was teaching
Experience Tallys: None

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2019, 12:58:50 pm »

Arena
El Tigre is always ready, since he is always in character. Nonetheless, when the cameras are on, he turns it up to 11.
El Tigre runs up to a drone that is near ground level, and yanks it from the air. He starts screaming into its camera in Spanish, amping up his fans, and himself. He brandishes the metal insect's wings, holding it up like a championship belt, and with a final primal yell, releases the poor drone.

[El Tigre rolls 3+2+1empathy+1luchadore=7]
El Tigre can almost the excited cries of fans and fans-to-be as he whips himself into a frenzy, roaring at the drone!

The walls of the crate come away revealing a ten foot high roiling mass of coiled metal tentacles. In the centre is a smooth round metal body with a single camera eye.

A voice booms from all the drone as a simultaneous surround-sound.

"WELCOME TERRATERROR FANS TO THE FIGHT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN UPVOTING. THE MASKED MYSTERY MAN, FOUND WANDERING THE DEEPEST WILDS OF ENGLAND, LOOKING FOR A FIGHT. HE'S ALREADY DESTROYED A GAIA INSECTOID III WITH HIS BARE HANDS! GIVE IT UP FOR EL TIGRE PICANTE!"

There's a pause for cheering (somewhere but not here) before the drone continues.

"PLUCKED FROM THE THAMES RIVER WHERE IT WAS TERRORIZING THE IRON TOWER. GIVE IT UP FOR AN ORIGINAL GAIA TENTACOILER WITH SEVENTEEN CONFIRMED KILLS! WHO WILL PREVAIL?"

Flooded School
Use the wrench and just try to hold off cyber-wolf this turn.  Hopefully my ally can finish it.
[Sandeep rolled 3+4+0body-1wound+1wrench=7]
Sandeep smashes his socket wrench into the face of the cyberwolf, destroying one of its camera eyes and bending some of its razor teeth. He goes for a second sweep, buying Tim Tam some time. The wolf snaps its jaws, grabbing the wrench out of Sandeep's hands and with a toss of its chrome head, it flings the wrench across the playground.

Sandeep no longer has a socket wrench.

Cathedral
Keiko, Agasha and Kateryna leap into the cart moments before Amoretto blasts it forward. It hurtles northbound...

High Bridge
...across a high bridge, still intact. They see the river below and the whole city stretched out around them.

"We just need to get clear of the city and then it'll be plain riding on the open road," says Cass, aiming her crossbow at the pack of cyberbeasts that stalk after the travellers. The bike has a good lead on them, but the beasts are untiring.

As they cross the bridge, Cass indicates a pile of old rifles in the back of cart. "They hate getting shot at, they should flee if we get a good hit on them."

As she speaks the cyberrhino begins to charge towards them. A great chromeplated beast, his horn a halberd blade, his tail a morning star. Cass lets loose her crossbow and the bolt pings harmlessly off the cyberrhino's armour, the beast continuing undeterred.

Keiko, Kateryna and Amoretto gain +1 for exploration.

A Note On Fast Travel
When travelling in a vehicle, you can get places much quicker, but when travelling through areas without threat, you don't get exploration tallies for every hex passed through. You learn the colour of the hex, and travel stops when there are particularly interesting features.

Walt Labs
Name:Sandra
Meanwhile, back at Walt Labs, a teacher named Sandra has awoken and is stumbling around the now abandoned building.

Sandra gains the mutation:

Eidetic Memory
Sandra can, with concentration, re-experience her memories with perfect clarity, even seeing things she didn't notice the first time around. With luck, she can bring to mind insightful experiences to help her with problems she faces.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Fight or Flight
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2019, 01:07:11 pm »

"Dios mío, look at all those limbs to throw you around by!"

First things first, look for any highground.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2019, 01:18:11 pm »

Use my new whiskers to get a feel for the terraces through the air currents, and explore for something interesting.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44