Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64465 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Strange discoveries...
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2019, 04:33:02 pm »

Sycamore Park
"Jesus Christ!"
Attempt to staunch the bleeding, then look at the dried blood. Does it emit light outside of my body?
The small cut dries very quickly. The glowing in the blood is only noticeable on very close inspection. Ed might be visible close-up in perfect darkness, but otherwise it isn't very bright.

Timmy and Theodore finish gathering up mushrooms and talk about heading on northwest.

Eeeeexcellent
(Indeed! Now the others want to head north-- you going with them?)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2019, 04:38:33 pm »

Note: My action seems to have been skipped.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2019, 04:46:09 pm »

Note: My action seems to have been skipped.
(Not skipped, but pending! I'm waiting to see if all three of you are going north before processing it. I prodded Failbird in my last post to this end.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2019, 04:59:35 pm »

Ah, by the way. I have a Discord specifically for Bay12 forum games. If anyone’s interested in having a quick and easy place to discuss stuff for this game, you can feel free to join. I can set up a channel.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2019, 05:03:23 pm »

Ah, by the way. I have a Discord specifically for Bay12 forum games. If anyone’s interested in having a quick and easy place to discuss stuff for this game, you can feel free to join. I can set up a channel.
Do go ahead! I'm on Discord often anyway.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2019, 05:44:25 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)
Tim Tam looks at the slight mark from the syringe for a moment and blinks... a first as far as anyone in this building is concerned. Pocketing the syringe, they head over to the remains of the dogs.

Observe the dogs remains for a time, until the others move on at least.

(Haha, nice to see the awkward squad sticking together.)
(Does intimidation count as empathy, because if not than if Tim Tam is ever making empathy checks something is fucking wrong)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2019, 09:53:37 pm »

Grab some junk that looks value and continue on with the group. Try to get a conversation going with Timmy, and learn more about him.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2019, 11:42:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Great! Now we just need to find a way to boil these. I knew watching documentaries wasn't a waste of time."

To the Northwest!.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2019, 05:32:55 am »

There is now a Discord Channel for the game. If you want to ask me a quick question about anything, talk ooc, or whatever else, feel free to do so there.

Castle
Current plan is to explore northwards.
Issac figures that food should probably be his next objective. Barring any better ideas, Issac decides to go along with Dr. Amoretto to the north.
Observe the dogs remains for a time, until the others move on at least.
The dogs smoulder longer and the acrid smoke begins filling up the labs. Tim Tam watches a while longer, but not wishing to be choked by the fumes, she too leaves with the others. The scientist Dr Amoretto and the shifty lawyer Isaac lead the way north. All about there are hulking office buildings towering up, wrapped in ivy and vines. The roads are littered with buddleia in bright purple bloom. Bees buzz from flower-to-flower. The three of them find themselves walking up hill. As they turn a corner, they see a great mound, upon which is a vast stone castle! The castle is a curiously blocky building. There are no separate towers or barbicans, just one huge imposing square wall topped with tooth-shaped merlons. Around the castle upon the hill, a make-shift wall of cars has been assembled, all piled upon one another. Atop this outer scrap wall, standing behind metal barriers, are about five men and women carrying a mismatch assortment of rifles. One has a crossbow. They don't seem to have noticed the three mutants yet.

Amoretto, Isaac, Tim Tam: +1 tally for exploration

(Does intimidation count as empathy, because if not than if Tim Tam is ever making empathy checks something is fucking wrong)
It could do... it depends how you were were intimidating someone!

Mall
To the Northwest!.
Grab some junk that looks value
[Ed rolls 1+4+0wits=5]
Ed looks about for anything of value, but there are no real ruins here and nothing to loot. As he looks about, his stomach begins to grumble.

Ed now has wound: Hungry
Ed: +1 tally for critical failure

and continue on with the group. Try to get a conversation going with Timmy, and learn more about him.
Ed, Theodore and Timmy walk on northwest. Ed tries strike up a conversation as he pushes his bike along.
[Ed rolls 6+1+1empathy-1hungry=7]
"I wanted to see the shining grand future that awaited us," Timmy says. "I had hoped for flying cars, at the least. The body warping... well that was a surprise. I can take it in my stride. It's everyone missing that's a surprise. Where the hell is everybody? It's not clear what happened... just everything is looted and overgrown. If anyone knows anything, it's one of those Walt scientists. But who knows where they've gone..."

They are deep in conversation as they leave the woods and head through a gaping opening into a large building complex. It's clearly an indoor shopping centre. They pass boarded-up shop after shop. Incomprehensible graffiti is scrawled across the sidings. This place was clearly in long decline before whatever pushed the world over the end. Straight ahead of them, the three hear a great whooping.

Stepping out of one of a discount hardware shop is a huge man, or what was once a man. He has a great mass of tentacles, several holding weapons: a hockey stick, a butcher knife, a sledgehammer, and several holding bottles of vodka. His face is red. His three eyes are bloodshot. A long beard flows from the warped ruin of his face, coated in crumbs and dried vomit.

He bellows to them, "MORE HEARTY HEARTS FOR THE LAST MAN IN THE WORLD? WHAT STRANGE SECRETS LIES IN YOUR BEATING CHESTS?"

Ed and Theodore: +1 tally for exploration.

(Waiting to see what Keiko does before processing Kateryna's action)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:55:05 am by notquitethere »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Lots of new friends?
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2019, 06:48:13 am »

"I seem to be in a safe spot for the moment."
Search the house I'm in for anything of use,  while being as quite as possible.[/b\]
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2019, 07:48:53 am »

Issac takes a bit of time to observe these people from a distance to learn about them before attempting to interact with them.

Spoiler: Isaac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2019, 08:36:00 am »

Dr. Amoretto checks for an area from which he and the group could potentially pass by the castle unseen to go northwards, and if he finds one, he will try to observe and assess the castle’s inhabitants from it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2019, 09:28:34 am »

Castle
Issac takes a bit of time to observe these people from a distance to learn about them before attempting to interact with them.
Dr. Amoretto checks for an area from which he and the group could potentially pass by the castle unseen to go northwards, and if he finds one, he will try to observe and assess the castle’s inhabitants from it.
[Isaac rolled 3+4+2wits=9]
[Amoretto rolls 6+3+1wits=10]

Isaac and Amoretto eye up the fortified position. The people are dressed in a mix of jeans and padded shirts and jackets. They're armed and looking out at the streets, clearly anticipating some kind of hostile force. In other respects they look like regular people. Around the hilltop where the castle stands, there's a big loop of a road. This gives the people at the castle a great sight line on the surrounding part of the city. As Isaac is looking, one of them climbs down in a hurry, disappearing behind the big car wall.

Amoretto waits until the other sentries are looking the other way and moves across a street. There he stands beneath some scaffolding outside an old office building somewhat southeast of the castle, an alley runs northwards behind the building, out of sight of the castle. From here he could climb up and spy on the castle from the safety of the office rooftop, or move down the alleyway on northwards. He can also see, glimpsed through the space between buildings, there is clearly a river running very close by to the east.

Residential Sycamore Wood
Search the house I'm in for anything of use,  while being as quite as possible.[/b\]
[Burt rolled 6+3+2wits=11]
The house had clearly been emptied out at some point. There is no furniture. Dr Goldstine finds a bag containing six zip ties which he slips into his pocket. On the front doormat there's a flyer which reads:

Don't be left behind!
Uplox today with WALT-NORCOM.
Full Custo Ops.
Call 765252 for a quote.
0K nec!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2019, 10:09:50 am »

Indicate to the others that we should move east and check out the nearby river.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2019, 11:58:33 am »

What in the Hell kind of newspeak is this?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44