Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn --)[Hiatus]  (Read 14559 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn 9)
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2019, 02:26:59 pm »

That would be a yes. Closer to 11 FP. Also the difference between seeds and fruits.

Reelia uses 711 FP to make a geyser on D3. The water from the geyser neutralizes and reverses the effects of the poison. FruitsSeeds watered with the water from the geyser will grow into non poisonous variants of the plant, the fruits watered with geyser liquid produce the antidote to the toxins in the fruit. This Artifact is called the Curative Geyser.
If this would cost more FP let me know and I will edit accordingly

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2019, 02:31:19 pm »

Reelia uses 11 FP to make a geyser on D3. The water from the geyser neutralizes and reverses the effects of the poison. Seeds watered with the water from the geyser will grow into non poisonous variants of the plant, the fruits watered with geyser liquid produce the antidote to the toxins in the fruit. This Artifact is called the Curative Geyser.
How is this!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2019, 02:45:23 pm »

Fine.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2019, 04:14:04 pm »

Gilbert spends 10 FP giving A1 the Fishy, Highly Fishy, Very Fishy, Extremely fishy, and Impossibly Fishy modifiers, causing an abundance of fish to live in the frigid waters of A1, but just enough to prevent another turn 9. 1 FP is given to Gen'iak because of the fact this is a better idea on paper than on forum thread, but it'll be hilarious to see unfold.
it's over

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2019, 04:15:10 pm »

Something fishy is goin' on here...  :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2019, 04:25:25 pm »

Gilbert spends 10 FP giving A1 the Fishy, Highly Fishy, Very Fishy, Extremely fishy, and Impossibly Fishy modifiers, causing an abundance of fish to live in the frigid waters of A1, but just enough to prevent another turn 9. 1 FP is given to Gen'iak because of the fact this is a better idea on paper than on forum thread, but it'll be hilarious to see unfold.

This is going to go badly in the future... Not turn 10, but certainly at some point.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2019, 04:26:13 pm »

Question: How much would it cost to change a ordinary worker into something else and is that a thing I can do?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2019, 04:33:18 pm »

Question: How much would it cost to change a ordinary worker into something else and is that a thing I can do?

Depends, though I have been waiting for someone to ask something like that.

Effectively, 2 FP is usually enough to bless a worker with a minor effect. Something like Discipline for example. That will cause effects when they're working. Likewise, certain artifacts can be made to grant that effect for 5 FP, so long as you've done it before.

It's also possible to curse a worker, though blessings and curses can't really be connected. So something like Stump of the Mainstream isn't an effect that can be applied this way. It's also imposible to remove a blessing or curse from a worker.

As for something like changing a worker into something they're not, depends on what you're doing. This effectively kills them though.

I've linked this post to the OP. Stacking them on a single person can get expensive, so be careful. Likewise, too much can cause strange things to happen~

OP updated.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:42:32 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2019, 05:07:56 pm »

Gen'iak the wise watches over the world...

Usually, Gen'iak refuses to speak to anyone. But watching the rather intense FP investments that originated in large part due to one of his own actions, he decided to present an offer to the Hests.

"I find your efforts to be... Satisfactory. If you ask me to make it so, I will put an end to your poisonous fruit problem permanently. But know this! My method involves doing what those who wish to curry your favor refuse to acknowledge as an answer..."

Gen'iak also takes notice of a certain Hairfolk... This might have been the first time a mortal tribe actually attempted to curry his favor deliberately. Gen'iak supposed that was worthy of some kind of commemoration. Gen'iak focuses his power upon the now injured worker to transform them into... The Dismal Prophet! This so called "Dismal Prophet" will have the ability to come up with a solution to any problem... But the solutions that they come up with will always be an absolutely terrible idea to actually do! This worker would henceforth serve as an example of what not to do for the rest of the Hairfolk, or help decide the best course of action by pointing out the worst one. When given a role that does not require intense thought or leadership, the Dismal Prophet would probably be no worse than a regular worker. If he tries to research the Stupid Dance again he will surely perish.

Gen'iak also takes note of Gilbert. What the actual fuck is Gilbert doing?

Gen'iak feels uncertain about Promethia
Gen'iak feels somewhat insulted by the Hairfolk
Gen'iak feels concerned about The Kitties
Gen'iak feels satisfied with the Hests
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about the Lupine Jarldom

Gen'iak feels uncertainty about Dr. Bob
Gen'iak feels disturbed about Gilbert, God of Cats
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about MonkeyLord
Gen'iak feels pessimistic about Reelia
Gen'iak feels smug towards himself.

Gen'iak grants a Hairfolk worker with the Blessing/Curse "Dismal Prophet" (-4 FP)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:30:43 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2019, 05:09:53 pm »

Gen'iak also takes note of Gilbert. What the actual fuck is Gilbert doing?
Generic copied and pasted excessively reused god sheet character things.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2019, 05:14:47 pm »

Blessings, such as the ability to come up with a solution to an idea, are positive. Something that tends to be completely horrible to attempt, is negative. So 4 FP. It will certainly be effective though. So Dismal Prophet comes to 4 FP.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile

The Lupine Jarldom
Aspect: Viking
2 workers forage/raid/C3
4 workers research tool use
1 new worker is born.

Fus Ruf Bork!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2019, 09:01:17 pm »

Promethia:
3 workers forage at B5 with 3 primitive foraging tools
3 workers research Wood Gathering
1 worker researches Fire
1 worker researches Primitive Farming
1 primitive foraging tool is made
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2019, 10:17:25 pm »

MonkeyLord is satisfied with how the remaining tribes are fairing. Tho he realizes that the Lupine Jarldom could use more land. So MonkeyLord creates a forest at D2 as well as adds the modifiers Fertile Soil and Abundant Food to B3.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:32:52 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2019, 06:43:41 am »

Dr. Bob creates a ocean at E1, a beach at D1, and a Swamp at D2.
(Changed my mind about the swamp especially if its just going to get destroyed next turn, might as well save the FP.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:27:50 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21