Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn --)[Hiatus]  (Read 14530 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll give the rest of 24 hours for another civ to oppose. Otherwise, they Vikings will be entering.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The scent of dead Potato has attracted some wolves, who promptly decide to stop being Predators, and start being Vikings! And Such, The Lupine Jarldom is born!
Aspect: Viking
Tile C2
Application BTW

As there are no other applicants, The Lupine Jarldom has been born. Discussion of the Gods did not trigger, due to there being only one applicant. Also,you'll need to pick another color. The Kitties already have that one.

Turn 8-2: The Lupine Jarldom is Born.

With a race gone from the world, another rises, as is only natural.

Read Spoiler Below. In addition, they won't be affected by the next Event.

Spoiler: The Lupine Jarldom (click to show/hide)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile

The Lupine Jarldom
Aspect: Viking
2 workers forage/raid/C3
4 workers research tool use
1 new worker is born.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:16:17 pm by TheRedwolf »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Push

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pushes back.

I'll have some free time tomorrow to process everything.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Push
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I blame my internet just deciding to cut off in the middle of the day.

In other news, F/GO 1 10 Roll nets me a 5 star. My luck is always good, then bad. I did spend the time offline to set some of it up since I was in the middle, so just rolls left for tomorrow.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This thread empty, YEET

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Who still needs to post?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me, since my luck struck again. Something good, then internet cuts out again...

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Push 2: electric boogaloo

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Update when you say you'll update, or people will lose faith in your game.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn 9)
« Reply #252 on: August 01, 2019, 01:33:01 pm »

Turn 9: Tales of Civilization: Divine Disaster Averted.

By now it is known that Gen'iak the wise Has a lot of FP. The death of the Tates made him decide to be a bit more proactive, so the same fate does not befall another tribe. Using 7 of his FP, he obliterates the Ice Sheet at B1, before shaping it anew into a temparate grasslands, and fills them with long-living fig trees.

Gilbert, in response to this, uses 6 FP to add three abundance modifiers to a tile. The Plants grow and grow, reaching deeper and deeper into the ice sheet, and cracks begin to form.

Dr.Bob meanwhile uses 3 FP to create a Forest at E4.

MonkeyLord is Furious, and tree leaves shudder in the wind.

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Hairfolk
2 workers forage for food at A-5, finding 5 food. MonkeyLord gains 1 FP
2 workers forage for food at A-4, finding 7 food. MonkeyLord gains 1 FP
1 worker & the Mad Scientist research Stone Knapping, making strides with a breakthrough. Dr. Bob, God of Science gains 1 FP from this unique idea, plus 1 FP from the breakthrough.
1 worker researches... the Stupid Dance. They end up breaking a leg, literally. On the other hand, Gen'iak the wise, God of Stupidity does gain 3 FP from this, if only from the sheer stupidity involved in injuring yourself. No progress made.

Promethia
2 Primitive Spears are made for 2 Logistics.
3 workers make 3 primitive houses.
3 workers forage for food at C4 with 3 primitive foraging tools, bringing in 9 food. Also, one Primitive Foraging Tool was lost.
1 worker researches Fire. No danger trigger
1 new worker is born for 3 food.

Hests
6 Hests research Plant Breeding. They make another breakthrough. See Story Section below.
1 new worker is born for 3 food.

The Kitties
1 worker prays to Gilbert. Gilbert, God of Cats, gains 1 FP.
2 workers research Fire.
4 workers forage for food at A1. See Story Section Below.

The Lupine Jarldom
1 workers researches Tool Use.
4 workers forage C3 for food. They find the Grasslands rather overgrown, and find much food there, bringing in 9 Food.
The Grasslands have evolved to the Overgrown Grasslands. MonkeyLord gains 5 FP, as well as 2 additional FP from the Jarldom's first foraging.

Tales of Civilization

Hests
The Study of Plants

The Poison Plants continue there spread, as the Hests are locked in discussion and study. Through effort, they make a breakthough, but realize they have far too much to learn still. They have managed to identify the Poison Plant's reproductive cycle. Of which it has none. New plants are born from the same tree and seed. They don't interact with pollen, nor produce it. The fruits simply drop to the ground and root where they fall, producing ever more, and poisoning the land around them. Eventually, it is predicted they will die out naturally. But the land will be a barren, poisonous place, where no plants can ever grow.
There are few things that can be done now. They've rooted too deep, and the tools they need to destroy it are not with them. At best, they can restrict their growth to an area, but by this point, it's expected to be too late to stop them from affecting the Land.

Due to reaching the 1/3 point in this tech, you've unlocked the ability to Interact with trees and plants. This usually only costs Logistics, but workers can also be assigned for more effective Interaction. The Logistics used determine how effective it will be.
Example: 1 Logistics can be used as an Order to collect any Poison Tree Seeds you see lying on the ground. This will make workers in the area pick them up or note where they are, allowing you to prevent any more from growing outside the orchards of them by gathering them over the course of a turn. Thankfully, the seeds don't harm the skin, unlike the fruits.
Dr. Bob gains 5 FP. Reelia gains 5 FP If it were currently possible, MonkeyLord would lose FP from this. But it's not.

The Kitties
Water, Food, and Observation

A great blessing falls down from the sky, bringing all sorts of things to root and grow in this ice sheet. Over the course of the days, The Kitties gather much, and are overjoyed. However, one humble researcher, who dedicated an entire Cycle to studying Wood Gathering, notices something. The plants grow, and their roots reach deep into the ice. Yet.. They also notice that cracks seem to be appearing in the ice. Informing their Tribesmembers of this, they succeed in convincing them, and The Kitties become cautious.

Low and behold, as time passes, an unequivocal change occurs as the plants continue to grow. The outer edges begin to die off in growth, while some begin growing even faster. Rather than move their foraging inward, they remain at home, content in their gains. This pays off, as entire sheets begin to collapse, sinking into the water. The cracks go so far as to come near their den, but stops just short of reaching it. The wind blows, and the Kitties get their first look at the water of the sea they've lived on for so long, the cliff stretching down the rocky ice to the shore.

The Kitties have successfully survived a Divine Disaster, brought about by overuse of a Blessing. Not only that, but they've thrived, collecting 24 Food! Beyond this, one of The Kitties have completed a Feat, and can be Named. They single-pawedily alerted the tribe and saved them from a watery grave brought about by greed.
The Tile has evolved to a Broken Ice Sea.
All Gods gain 5 FP. Furthermore, Gilbert, MonkeyLord, and Gen'iak the wise gain an additional 3 FP.

The Lupine Jarldom
The Overgrown Lands

The Wolves of the Jarldom are new to civilization, but upon arriving at C-3, they find the grasses tall, and the food ripe for the taking. While there is much to gather here, it initially appears that no trails of anyone before can be found. It's as if barely anything has been taken, though wild animals can still be seen here and there. While being wolves is simple enough, the cost of intelligence is high for a new civilization. But the rewards are sweet.

Spoiler: Promethia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hairfolk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Kitties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Lupine Jarldom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divine Beasts (click to show/hide)

Yay I suppose. Turn is up, feel free to point out any errors if you see them. This only took 2 & 1/2 hours, thankfully; because I had the rest of the turn ready. Just needed to sit down, and do rolls.

Also, congrats to The Kitties on having the first Named Tribemember. And effectively completely avoiding that disaster.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:34:44 pm by TricMagic »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 01, 2019, 01:42:59 pm »

Right then!

Hairfolk
3 workers forage at A-4
2 workers forage at A-5
1 Mad Scientist researches Stone Knapping
A Primitive Spear is made
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:47:14 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 01, 2019, 02:19:46 pm »

Reelia uses 11 FP to make a geyser on D3. The water from the geyser neutralizes and reverses the effects of the poison. Seeds watered with the water from the geyser will grow into non poisonous variants of the plant, the fruits watered with geyser liquid produce the antidote to the toxins in the fruit. This Artifact is called the Curative Geyser.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:31:52 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21