Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76355 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D3
« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2019, 09:14:39 am »

I'm more interested in why my Myopic Peeping Tom failed N1 and worked N2. Because right now the only person who claimed targeting me N1 is DA. I also targeted Kit N1 with a night action, so either Kit and Tric are both telling the truth, both lying, or I got blocked. So I'd be much happier with a DA or Superdorf lynch than either Kit or Tric.

Hold on, doesn't that confirm that they're both cultists? The only way the couldn't be part of the cult would be if KitRougard had the secret green goo role. If you really did target Kit during N1 and didn't become a green goo, then that means both KitRougard and TricMagic did visit hector13 and lie about what happened during that night.
Or I targeted Kit and didn't become a Green Goo because Tric used his Mimic ability on Kit which meant I targeted Tric instead. Y'know, like they claimed yesterday to have done. Or I just got blocked.

My mistake, I had forgotten that Mimic did that. Also, day ends in 3 hours, so I think you should vote and break the tie to avoid having a nolynch and giving the scum another night to kill.

About that, we haven't even confirmed the existence of said scum. I mean, no one has been nightkilled during the entire game and I doubt scum (or possibly a serial killer) would fail to kill for 3 consecutive nights.

Also, I fotgot to mention that I gained the revive during the first night, so there's someone that has a power to to gift abilities to other players. If so, it's possible the kill Deus Asmoth claimed was the result of a gift. The Satan role, for example, seems to stay hidden to those who have it, so maybe Deus was targeted by someone who had that role and didn't know. Deus might have even gained the role and wasn't informed of it, as it stays hidden like the sanity modifiers on cops.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2019, 09:38:47 am »

So do you think Kinga was a death miller on the Mafia team?

I'll vote soon, but I'll definitely be taking my time in doing so.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 31, 2019, 09:46:55 am »

Dues, not Mafia can turn out to have no kills at all in this game on Role Generation. And Town can have kills. While having a Kill ability doesn't make you mafia, claiming you suddenly gained it doesn't clear you as town either.
This would be a great point if it didn't completely ignore everything else I said about the kill that I gained and my reasoning for why it only makes sense if it came from a mafia player.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2019, 09:48:51 am »

Also, I fotgot to mention that I gained the revive during the first night, so there's someone that has a power to to gift abilities to other players. If so, it's possible the kill Deus Asmoth claimed was the result of a gift. The Satan role, for example, seems to stay hidden to those who have it, so maybe Deus was targeted by someone who had that role and didn't know. Deus might have even gained the role and wasn't informed of it, as it stays hidden like the sanity modifiers on cops.
Satan and Santa both give one-shot actions. The kill I gained isn't one-shot, so it can't have come from those roles. Plus if there is a targeted action that grants permanent abilities I should have also gained a copy of that action.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 31, 2019, 10:00:55 am »

While having a Kill ability doesn't make you mafia, claiming you suddenly gained it doesn't clear you as town either.

Yeah, OK, but see, it's things like this that convince me my vote's in a good place. You still haven't answered my old question to you: why is Deus scum? Because he's attacking you? Not good enough. You're making plenty of snide remarks in Deus' general direction, but you do nothing to actually convince us to lynch him. Why? Why this apathy?

At this point, I'm inclined to believe your vote on Deus is a knee-jerk reaction to his aggression towards you, made in spite more than anything else. Prove me wrong.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 31, 2019, 10:06:22 am »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Friday May 31st, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(3)TricMagic - Deus Asmoth, Superdorf, randomgenericusername
(0)Persus13 -
(0)KitRougard -
(1)randomgenericusername - Persus13
(3)Deus Asmoth - TricMagic, KitRougard, notquitethere
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting -

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 31, 2019, 10:09:03 am »

Shakerag: What happens if the vote's still tied at the end of the day?

klonk
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 31, 2019, 10:46:19 am »

- A tie vote at the end of the day results in a no lynch.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 31, 2019, 10:58:16 am »

...Right then. We need to break this up somehow. I'm still solidly in favor of giving Tric the noose, for reasons I've mentioned already, but maybe somebody can convince me otherwise...

TricMagic, KitRougard, notquitethere: Why should I be voting for Deus Asmoth right now? (Especially you, Tric.)

Persus13: Is RGU scum? If so, why?

klonk
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 31, 2019, 11:45:49 am »

I've been looking at this post for like half an hour now trying to make a decision. I just don't trust Deus Asmoth, but if we don't lynch Tric all y'all will be worrying about the cult for the rest of the game.

Deus Asmoth: Have you made a decision about who you will be targeting tonight?

About that, we haven't even confirmed the existence of said scum. I mean, no one has been nightkilled during the entire game and I doubt scum (or possibly a serial killer) would fail to kill for 3 consecutive nights.
The main reason I'm convinced that there's still a scum player is because no one's been able to explain why my track failed N1, and the Mafia usually have more than one player on their team.

Persus13: Is RGU scum? If so, why?
I've answered why I'm voting RGU already. And I've made it fairly clear I don't intend to vote him at day end.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 31, 2019, 11:53:04 am »

I'm waiting to see what Persus chooses. It'll be instructive. I think a cult is a bigger risk than scum, but if it's a goo cult they're actually hard to spread. I think Deus's last post made a lot of sense, but if Deus is a mafia Cyborg he'll be difficult to handle if he's night-action immune. Still, if he's town we're shooting us all in the face if we kill Deus and he can NK mafia. But if he NK's a cult member, then he'll turn cult through goo and we'll be back where we started.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 31, 2019, 11:56:12 am »

I'm waiting to see what Persus chooses. It'll be instructive. I think a cult is a bigger risk than scum, but if it's a goo cult they're actually hard to spread. I think Deus's last post made a lot of sense, but if Deus is a mafia Cyborg he'll be difficult to handle if he's night-action immune. Still, if he's town we're shooting us all in the face if we kill Deus and he can NK mafia. But if he NK's a cult member, then he'll turn cult through goo and we'll be back where we started.
From something Shakerag said I was under the impression that the cult couldn't spread now that Hector's dead.

Kit: You said day 1 you had a total random failure, right? What was that role called?
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 31, 2019, 12:03:32 pm »

Twas called Warp. Let me scroll through the Big List...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 31, 2019, 12:04:51 pm »

Hip

Quote from: Warp
Warp (town, survivor; super-rare; 4+ players): Each night, you will cause all actions targeting a random player to fail. You don't learn who that player is. Actions: (auto)shield
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 31, 2019, 12:13:48 pm »

Hip

Quote from: Warp
Warp (town, survivor; super-rare; 4+ players): Each night, you will cause all actions targeting a random player to fail. You don't learn who that player is. Actions: (auto)shield
Well that means that my Peeping Tom is either on Superdorf or Tric.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43