Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76311 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2019, 09:58:11 am »

For the time zone impaired, day ends in 3.5 hours.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2019, 10:06:13 am »

Nobody’s made a case stronger than “he hasn’t posted”? Have you paid any attention? Tric’s case against me is stronger than that, and his case sucks.

D’you maybe want to reconsider?
It was a spite vote as much as anything else. I get pretty annoyed by stuff like "I'm playing but not really lol."

A weak reason to vote, but I try to always participate in lynches and not have a lone floating vote.

I mean, that's true. I also find weird that he attacked me and not NQT if what the others are saying is correct and we both had essentially the same stance. That he later jumped on the bandwagon against someone who isn't even here could also be an attempt to get a non-scum member easily lynched day 1, leaving us at disadvantage.
Same stance, different words. Wording is important.

No, I asked you why you felt that RGU was worth pressuring and NQT wasn't. What difference exactly do you see between making a case and claiming that someone is scummy while voting for them?
Making a case is trying to convince other that "People should vote him, because he is scummy, because X."
I often claim people are scummy, or that their actions are scummy, while voting them to add pressure. I will likely continue to do this in future games, even if doing so were to swing the lynch at me instead of Kit today.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:26 am »

Not dead yet
Dont wanna go on the cart

So, as for Mafia on forums, yes, I have a caustic attention span that will be the death of me. I have no idea what questions have been asked of me, but I will say that I agree with hector on the "this bandwagon isn't to lynch, it's to summon" stance. I would have waited for one more vote on me before I jumped on if I was scum, but Nirur is a bit lynch-twitchy.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2019, 10:29:17 am »

Also, I'm asking you  guys your opinions on who to check, doesn't mean I'm going to do so.

This one, kitrougard.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2019, 11:07:13 am »

I feel off-color about SuperDorf's odd post. Whatever your decision is though I'll cover you!

Either the scum has to kill me first or they kill you and lose one of their own to Night Watchman.

Good times.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2019, 11:07:27 am »

If Nirur is scum like y'all seem to think, tell me the story of how their Max vote was a bus not a genuine vote.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2019, 11:12:55 am »

If Nirur is scum like y'all seem to think, tell me the story of how their Max vote was a bus not a genuine vote.
Since Maximum Spin was a Mafioso Amnesiac, it's probable scum didn't really know he was part of their team either. It could have been scum just voting him thinking TricMagic's report was just wrong.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2019, 11:14:58 am »

Okay that's a good story. And why do people not like Nirur? Did NT kick their puppy, or what?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2019, 11:38:03 am »

Persus:
Deus Asmoth: What are you hoping to accomplish with your back and forth with Nirur Torir?
Well my original post's aim was to ask about what I felt was an inconsistency in his opinion about NQT and RGU doing what I felt was essentially the same thing reads-wise, the following one was setting out why I was voting for him in response to his reply, and the following two were addressing claims that I was deliberately misrepresenting what was said or putting words in his mouth. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.

RGU:
Since Maximum Spin was a Mafioso Amnesiac, it's probable scum didn't really know he was part of their team either. It could have been scum just voting him thinking TricMagic's report was just wrong.
Unless I've misunderstood something, this isn't possible. Scum should have known that Spin was on their team as soon as he became scum, either at the start of the game itself or when his amnesiac trigger happened at the beginning of the day.

NQT:
I'd argue that his initial reaction to the claim shows that more than the vote itself, considering that his first response was to vote for the person voting for Spin and continue bringing up hammering as a bad idea after it was already pointed out that hammers aren't in play.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2019, 11:56:16 am »

and the following two were addressing claims that I was deliberately misrepresenting what was said or putting words in his mouth. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.
You definitely are misrepresenting me though:
NQT:
I'd argue that his initial reaction to the claim shows that more than the vote itself, considering that his first response was to vote for the person voting for Spin and continue bringing up hammering as a bad idea after it was already pointed out that hammers aren't in play.
[/quote]"He intended to stir up a hammer early in D1" is a valid attack, regardless of whether hammers are in the game.
I don't see how you can discredit this as me saying "hammering is a bad idea" with a straight face.

And, as I have repeatedly stated, and been ignored, I was attacking based on the wording, not on the idea of "They're not mafia-aligned because they voted Spin."

Deus Asmoth is scum. After my flip, be sure to go after him. And everyone who's throwing votes into my pile while misrepresenting my questioning.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2019, 11:59:24 am »

I'm mostly fine with his. The day 2 hunt will prove fruitful.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2019, 12:44:19 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(0)TricMagic -
(6)Nirur Torir - Deus Asmoth, hector13, randomgenericusername, Superdorf, Persus13, KitRougard
(0)Persus13 -
(0)hector13 -
(1)KitRougard - notquitethere
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(1)Deus Asmoth - Nirur Torir
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - kingawsume, TricMagic

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2019, 01:05:44 pm »

Voting Max for telling a strange story in the face of a cop claim is something I would do as scum. That doesn't mean NT is scum for doing it, but it does mean the only person in the Max Tric interaction that I'm confident isn't Mafia is Tric.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2019, 01:29:55 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Nirur Torir has been lynched!

Nirur Torir was Rogue Robocop(SK).

kingawsume has been modkilled!

kingawsume was Mercurial Furry (Mafia).

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(0)TricMagic -
(6)Nirur Torir - Deus Asmoth, hector13, randomgenericusername, Superdorf, Persus13, KitRougard
(0)Persus13 -
(0)hector13 -
(1)KitRougard - notquitethere
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(1)Deus Asmoth - Nirur Torir
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - kingawsume, TricMagic

Rogue Robocop

Death Arsonist: You can prime a player at night by dousing them in gasoline. During the day, you may set a fire which kills all primed players. If you die, your fire goes off automatically. Actions: prime, (day)ignite
Shuffler: You may shuffle the setup, exchanging two random players' roles. You don't know whose roles were exchanged. Actions: shuffle
<Paranoid> Cop: You can inspect another player to learn their alignment. Your results are not guaranteed to be accurate. <A paranoid cop always gets mafia results.> Actions: inspect
Robot: Whenever you are targeted by an ability, you gain that ability. It still has its normal effect on you.
Kill-Immune Townie: You are immune to kills.

Mercurial Furry

Crazed Fiend: You can kill other players. Your ability can be used during night or day, but only once. Actions: (x)kill (1 use)
Beta Werewolf: As long as you are alive, the Alpha Werewolf cannot be killed at night. You will show up as 'town' to cops.
<Death Miller> Cop: You can inspect another player to learn their alignment. Your results are not guaranteed to be accurate. <You show up as a mafia version of your role on death.> Actions: inspect
Mason: No description.
Poison Doctor: You can give someone an antidote, curing that player of any poison. Actions: antidote

Night will end in 24 hours, on Friday May 24th, at 1:30 PM Central Time.

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - N1
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2019, 09:58:33 am »

Processing end of N1/beginning of D2.  Please do not post yet.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43