Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76307 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2019, 11:18:39 pm »

Out of curiousity, what do the folks who want to lynch Kit thing of Kingasume, who has 0 posts?

Hard to say. He was last on the forums around noon today, so he's around... but I can only chase one lurker at a time, and King's probably gonna get modkilled soon anyway. That activelurk thing Kit had going was weird.

I’m calling bullshit on this being a deliberate ploy of his. Since in’ing for this game he’s posted three times on the entire forum, once here and twice in another forum game.

The fact that he has posted three times makes me suspicious of itself. He's here, he has internet (at least sometimes). He may not have sufficient time to prepare Mafia posts right now, but he's showing some activity. Why wasn't he doing more with that activity?

If you can explain to me how that’s somehow dishonest lurking (which means what, exactly? How would honest lurking be better?) and also how that’s deliberate, and how all this makes him scum, I’ll abandon my objections and vote with you.

I begin to doubt my own reasoning, but I'll explain what's been going through my mind today:

- After the Tric/Max thing, I'm left mistaken and confused; my gut reads are all messed up and I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Unsure how to insert myself into the existing discussions (many of which kinda resolved themselves after the daykills), I decide to poke our lurkers.

- Kit's not responding, at all. So far, I'm OK with this-- after all, he might not be able to access the forums for whatever reason. RL is like that sometimes.

- Kit responds... with a non-response. Rather than vindicating him, his words at this point imply to me that he's here, but doesn't care enough for the game to attempt a proper scumhunt. Why? I keep my vote where it is; "don't kill me please" does not satisfy me one bit.

- Kit disappears again. He makes no attempt to defend his inaction. I settle into my case, awaiting either a vindication or a lynch.

Kit's here now, though. He's still not weighing in on any of our squabbles, which isn't great, but he's participating. I want to give him a chance to prove himself, and lynching him won't do that. This isn't worth it anymore.

Unvote.

Now I have to try and put together a readlist before the Day ends on me. Urg.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2019, 11:26:26 pm »

I've noticed a worrying habit in my townplay lately.

When I'm scumhunting, I've been looking for the lynches that will make me look least scummy, rather than trying to lynch scum. This is bad. It didn't work in the Proc Gen game, and it's not gonna work here. Why am I doing this? Do I still have some leftover panic to work out? Maybe. Regardless, I don't like it, and somehow I've got to shift paradigms. Dunno how yet. Too many emotions to sort out.

It's very late, and I'm very sleepy, but I'm pretty sure I won't be around  for the lynch tomorrow. Gotta cast my final words now. Gotta step back, and stare at this whole mess again, without the panic, without the worries, without the hesitation, and try to make something of it. Anything. Anything.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2019, 12:10:44 am »

Wait wait wait, Hector?

However, beetlejuice had to be recited three times before he would appear, so

KitRougard

So yeah, your vote is in the wrong place. Activity is not alignment indicative (and it’s been a goddamn long time since I’ve got to pop that maxim in a game) else I’d be town 100% of the time.

What changed?

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2019, 12:30:21 am »

It's 1:30 in the morning. Words have come out of my fingers, and I don't know how. I suspect I made some of my decisions at random. I hope not. I'll have to read my own writing sometime tomorrow.

Superdorf: Me. Town. Confused town. Sleepy town. Panicky town. ::)
IcyTea31: Dead. Confirmed town.
-------------------------
TricMagic: Town. Nutty as a squirrel he may be, but his information is sound. The SK possibility is worrying, but baseless at the moment.

Persus13: Slight town. Scumhunts, in an unobtrusive sorta way. I'll have to study him to get a better read than that.

Deus Asmoth: Slight town. Was quick to chase down Max Spin, and he put some solid reasoning behind his vote. Is hard for me to read otherwise.
kingawsume: Null. Absentee.

randomgenericusername: Null. Talking mechanics again. Votes me (with good cause), then unvotes because WIFOM? I don't geddit.

notquitethere: Null. That push for a quickhammer was weird, but the target was sound, and NQT's said himself he's playing this game fast and loose. He's being awfully shifty about something, tho. He'd better explain himself come D2.
hector13: Slight scum. Startlingly quick to defend Kit, despite an earlier vote? Now he's chasing somebody else entirely. If Nirur flips town, I know where I'm going next.

KitRougard: Slight scum. That was some bizzarre lurky behavior he was pulling, and he vindicates himself with... a roleclaim? Weird. But he's moving now, so I s'pose we'll see where he goes with this...

Nirur Torir: Slight scum. Didn't poke people all that much early on. Jumped on the Max Spin wagon at some point, but did so late enough for that to be a bus of some sort. Went on to chase down RGU in a strange way, while not chasing NQT? Then he squabbled with Deus for a bit, and shifted targets entirely.
Maximum Spin: Dead. Confirmed mafia.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2019, 12:34:00 am »

And now to cast my vote.

Unfortunately, I just don't have much to go on-- I still don't trust my reads, and I'm far too sleepy to refine the reads I have any further. I've gotta vote somebody tho, and so I'm gonna cast my vote on Nirur Torir. He's just erratic enough to merit suspicion, he's active enough to lend us some information if he flips town, and if he does flip town... well, I know who I'll be chasing next.

Good night morning all.

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2019, 06:50:54 am »

Wait wait wait, Hector?

However, beetlejuice had to be recited three times before he would appear, so

KitRougard

So yeah, your vote is in the wrong place. Activity is not alignment indicative (and it’s been a goddamn long time since I’ve got to pop that maxim in a game) else I’d be town 100% of the time.

What changed?

Y’don’t think that vote was an effort to make Kit appear rather than an effort to lynch, which was heavily implied by the wording around it and the distinct lack of a case?

That when it became clear Nirur was abusing the wagon to get an easy lynch I decided that Nirur is scum, especially with his very lazy justification for it?

It appeared you were voting Kit before to get him to post, then NQT popped in to help, and so did I. NQT not being around to change their vote is bothersome, but I can deal with that later.

You think I’m slight scum but are perfectly happy to vote for Nirur, the same person I’m voting for, even though you seem to expect Nirur to flip town. Why is that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2019, 07:18:52 am »

It’s unlikely I’ll be able to post before the deadline, given I work ‘til 30 minutes prior and it takes me that long to get home.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2019, 07:39:56 am »

Nirur
So your case on RGU and lack thereof on NQT rests on what you think they actually meant while saying the same thing, and also the fact that RGU didn't say he thought you were town while NQT did?
I wasn't making a case, don't put words in my mouth. I was trying to be pressuring on someone I thought acted strangely, and seeing how he responded. And you, apparently, get offended by attempted pressure on RGU.
No, I asked you why you felt that RGU was worth pressuring and NQT wasn't. What difference exactly do you see between making a case and claiming that someone is scummy while voting for them?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2019, 08:00:00 am »

You think I’m slight scum but are perfectly happy to vote for Nirur, the same person I’m voting for, even though you seem to expect Nirur to flip town. Why is that?

I don't trust either of you. Nirur looks a wee bit worse in my eyes than you do, so I'm throwing my vote his way. If he flips scum, great. If not, I'll be looking your way next. Also, I'm tired and I don't know what to do anymore.

KitRougard: Yes, very nice roleclaim. Now would you care to maybe scumhunt a little? Throw some reads around, find a reason to vote somebody. You've got maybe five hours left in the day. Use them.

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2019, 08:15:53 am »

Shakerag, can we get a votelist update?

Given everything, lynching hector at this point regardless of alignment is not happening. Mostly cause I can always check. Unvote

As for the rest, it seems to come down to Kit and Nirur Torir. But as a last question for day 1, who should I check and why?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2019, 08:38:54 am »

I guess right now Nirur Torir strikes me as the most suspicious. He's playing reasonably well, but there's some weird passive-aggressiveness that I've noticed in his posts (specifically with me and DA) that I find weird. Of the other players, I'm a little suspicious of Superdorf and DA, but I'll need to go back and look at their posts again to have anything more concrete than a gut feeling. Kit and Kinga are a blank slate, so I'd prefer to not waste a lynch on either of them.

Yes this is what I do. Normally.

I'm built for 30 min to 1 hour games. Not DAYS.

You complain as though it’s a surprise to you that forum mafia lasts this long. This is probably going to be the quickest and most ToS like game you’ve played so far, man.
To be fair, there are forums where Mafia is a lot faster paced than Bay12.

As for the rest, it seems to come down to Kit and Nirur Torir. But as a last question for day 1, who should I check and why?
No one should answer this question until after N1. Scum already know you've got an invest. They don't need to know more than that.

Deus Asmoth: What are you hoping to accomplish with your back and forth with Nirur Torir?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2019, 08:57:56 am »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(0)TricMagic -
(5)Nirur Torir - Deus Asmoth, hector13, randomgenericusername, Superdorf, Persus13
(0)Persus13 -
(0)hector13 -
(2)KitRougard - notquitethere, Nirur Torir
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(0)Deus Asmoth -
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - KitRougard, kingawsume, TricMagic

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2019, 09:11:45 am »

If there was a hammer, that would be 5/10..

Also, I'm asking you  guys your opinions on who to check, doesn't mean I'm going to do so.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2019, 09:16:04 am »

Welp, I'm probably not gonna be around for the lynch this afternoon, so... last post of the day, I guess.

Also, I'm asking you  guys your opinions on who to check, doesn't mean I'm going to do so.

Regardless, it's probably best to save such considerings until after the first Night. No need to give scum any idea of what we're thinking until it's actually time.

Anyway. I'm gonna strap in, and hope to survive the night. I've got a town thing here and... well, I need to survive the night. Happy hunting y'all!

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2019, 09:16:58 am »

EBWOP: Wait.

Wait I shouldn't have said that.

Gahhh. I'm bad at this.

I'm gonna die.  :-\

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43