Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What Comes After [SG] - Day 2, 10:30 AM  (Read 3873 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Comes After [SG] - Day 1, 9:00 PM
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 09:18:26 pm »

Do your best to set something up so that if anything enters the workshop, it’ll create a lot of noise doing so. Then, go to sleep, with the hunting knife in hand.
+1
+1 I think we should also try making a door

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Comes After [SG] - Day 1, 9:00 PM
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 10:09:20 pm »

Do your best to set something up so that if anything enters the workshop, it’ll create a lot of noise doing so. Then, go to sleep, with the hunting knife in hand.
+1
+1 I think we should also try making a door
+1ing all that
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: What Comes After [SG]
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 03:33:34 am »

[Previous] Day 1, 9:00 PM

You realize you've been staring at the night sky for a while now. It's a nice reminder that the world keeps on moving despite the best attempts of those inhabiting it. You note the weather before continuing with your plans.
The season is unknown to you. You don't think it ever was a familar concept. From the stories you've gathered in past travel, sounds like there was one society particularly fond of weather-based magic. Predictable events happen, and now unpredictable weather becomes the norm. It will definitely get cold at night. Something you can endure, but not comfortable nor conductive to a good rest. Probably not great for long-term health either, now you think of it.

Rigging together a primitive security system takes up a good part of the night. The noise-making bits are easy. A lot of broken things in this workshop -- not great for moving through. Achieving comprehensive coverage of the original building entrance and the giant hole in the wall is the harder part of the job. In the end it gets done. Though even with only you moving around, it won't last more than a day or two before needing more attention.

Before going to rest, you realize that having the open doorframe -- while the giant hole does present something of an issue too -- just sitting there without anything in it isn't great. So, you use up 1x Simple Construction Material (Wood) fixing that. Mostly. The resulting door is... a door. In most definitions, when being generous. It closes, and (with effort) opens. When closed, it covers the frame. When open, you can walk through it. So yes, a door. You have a door now. One step further to restoring this place, you suppose.

Relatively satisfied, you gently lower yourself onto your "bed". One of the less-jagged parts of the flooring with the canvas cloth and your cloak providing both warmth and comfort. Relative warmth and comfort, at least. Knife held firmly in hand, it doesn't take long to drift away.

Day 2, 10:30 AM
You feel like you flirted with a formidable enemy here -- exhaustion. Getting up is no easy task. Especially with the state of your "bed". But you mostly manage. A bit late for the morning, but you still have plenty of time to do... whatever it is you plan on doing. You're not sure about that yet.

Nothing seems to have passed the perimeter of noise set up the night before. Just need to remember to get it back in shape before you sleep again.

Spoiler: The Workshop (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Day 2, 10:30 AM
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Comes After [SG] - Day 2, 10:30 AM
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 08:22:48 am »

Lets gather some fallen branches and try to cover the large hole in the building with them, or at least make a wind block.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 08:27:18 am »

Lets gather some fallen branches and try to cover the large hole in the building with them, or at least make a wind block.
+1

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 10:15:16 am »

+1
Sure, +1. Also make sure to keep an eye out for any that are particularly flexible, and would be suitable for making a crude bow.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 12:25:33 am »

+1
Sure, +1. Also make sure to keep an eye out for any that are particularly flexible, and would be suitable for making a crude bow.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 2 [3]