Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99518 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote
Okay wow that was a crazy thing to wake up to.

If I'm seeing it right, a no lynch hinges on having a role blocker, and on them not getting stopped in the night, followed by playing chicken with the scum over who kills Hector.

This is too many 'ifs', and my vote goes for just killing him now.

So deadline is 1:45 PM CST tomorrow.  hector13 is L-1  Let's keep this open until the time limit for conversation's sake
Indeed. I'm voting in spirit.
Hector.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

PFP.

1. I don't think the role hector13 is describing can be generated by NQT's code. I'll have another check, but I don't think it can generate an ability that is both two targets and one-use.
2. I strongly suspect this is a gambit. There's no downside for a mafia member making up an outrageous lie when they're about to die. A 5% chance of the town believing you and sparing you is better than just waiting for the deadline and dying for sure. You don't get lynched any harder for making a crazy claim.
3. 3 mafia members + double killing serial killer would be a wonky as hell setup. If I'm wrong about 1 and hector is telling the truth (this doesn't necessarily follow, incidentally) then there really should be just 2 mafia members. The mafia should not really be able to win after one mislynch and one scum lynch, especially when two kills are delayed so it looks like town is safe.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

OK I think the role might technically be possible. I suppose he could have been given a regular Infect as his "serial killer" harming ability, and then happened to roll another Infect with both the "once per game" (1 in 10) modifier to phase and "two targets" (1 in 12) modifier to target. I still do not believe the claim, and even if I did I still think a guaranteed scum lynch is better than going after someone who could be town. At the very least he would have to claim his targets for me to give any credence to his claim, fudging that part screams "bullshit".

I've realized there's a pretty fundamental issue in what hector13 is claiming too - if his claim is true and he believes there are 3 mafia members, then he should've made it his priority to target them last night. Being left in a 3v1 as a serial killer is really bad, and killing two townies would lead him a lot closer to that point. Yet he's acting like the two people he supposedly targeted last night are definitely town for the purposes of his plea.
Did RGU actually request a replacement?  No?  Then quit being a bitch, Leafsnail.  If said guy hasn't officially withdrawn, then what the fuck are you doing with your thumb up your ass?
Are you suggesting you can't fire off questions to someone who isn't your top target after day one?
The thread title says "replacement slots open" so I assumed he'd privately asked for one. I didn't see the value in throwing questions at someone who probably couldn't respond when I had scum to reel in.
I'm actually a little shocked you think I'm legit chainsawing for hector13.  Forgive me for thinking that y'all have not exactly terribly good arguments for lynching him.  And, you know, it seems like you're just all TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL CHUNNEL, as our dear old friend Jim would have said.

But, then, do tell me later on what you think of Nirur Torir's game.  I'm very curious about your analysis.
I am very sorry for correctly identifying a scum player and successfully prosecuting a case against them. Next time I will post a bunch of waffle about people I have no opinions on instead.

I still think it's highly likely you are partnered with hector13, but we can discuss that after his roleflip.
Please explain to me how scum claims SK as a gambit to avoid a god fucking lynch.  THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHAT THE WHARRGARRRBL.
He was almost certainly going to die anyway. There's no downside to having one last throw of the dice with a wacky claim, and it's also pretty fun to make one up.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did RGU actually request a replacement?  No?  Then quit being a bitch, Leafsnail.  If said guy hasn't officially withdrawn, then what the fuck are you doing with your thumb up your ass?
Are you suggesting you can't fire off questions to someone who isn't your top target after day one?
The thread title says "replacement slots open" so I assumed he'd privately asked for one. I didn't see the value in throwing questions at someone who probably couldn't respond when I had scum to reel in.
Well, I'm now here. Didn't ask for a replacement, I should have but I didn't. Since hector13 is going to get lynched and we still have time before the day ends, why not ask some questions now? I mean, you did have me as an alternative day 1 lynch while I was active, and didn't ask any questions if I remember correctly.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

As the season of Granite drew to an end, it was time to boot someone from the server...

- IcyTea31
- randomgenericusername
- hector13 - Leafsnail, KitRougard, randomgenericusername, IcyTea31 [4]
- KitRougard - Tricmagic, Shakerag  [2]
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail - hector13 [1]

Day ends 7.45pm 9/5/19 BST or on majority lynch of 6.

Everyone: two hours until end of day. Let me know if I've misread the votes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I’m about to be lynched, mate. This is the best time for honesty.

Honesty is my thing, not yours hector13.

Still, are you being honest about being SK?

This would be more dramatic if I could still hammer.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Well I don’t know if who I targeted on N1 is scum ‘cause they haven’t flipped yet :p

Equally so, they will pass on the infection if they act during the night, meaning it doesn’t really matter if tomorrow is MyLo, you’ll probably still lose N3 when the kill triggers, even if there are only two mafia.

You can lynch me and wish for good luck, or you can spare me (whether lynching someone else or no lynching) and guarantee the game continues and hope scum hit me, ‘cause I’ll be looking to hit them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day Two - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2019, 12:35:29 pm »

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Hector
Actually, that's a hammer.
I can confirm that it is not a hammer, though I can see why you'd think it was.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hector
Actually, that's a hammer.
I can confirm that it is not a hammer, though I can see why you'd think it was.
I guess that confirms someone stole his vote? Scum probably has a member with a vote stealing ability.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

I'm almost certain hector is lying about his role claim. To confirm that I need to ask if anyone used an action to give me an ability at any point during day 1.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, for all Dorf says about not hammering, isn't that a bit weird? Other than the initial burst of talk, nothing else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Would’ve thought IcyTea thinking anything from before my claim being relevant would be much more interesting, but sure, go after the guy everyone thinks is town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2019, 02:01:26 pm »

DAY 2 END

"It was I who let loose the zombies into the plump helmet field!" cried hector13, "but I wasn't responsible for pumping magma into to the alpaca pen and so you should keep me around on the server until we find out the real culprit! Also, I've corrupted a bunch of save files, mwhuhahahah!!!"

Everyone else wasted little time in pressing the kick button (after first travelling through seven sub menus using three different key mapping systems to find the option).

Votes
- IcyTea31
- randomgenericusername
- hector13 - Leafsnail, KitRougard, randomgenericusername, IcyTea31, Tricmagic [5]
- KitRougard - Shakerag  [1]
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail - hector13 [1]
- No Vote

hector13 was lynched.

hector13 was a Serial Killer.

Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)

It is night. You have until 7.45pm 10/5/19 BST to submit your actions. If you don't intend to submit an action, please tell me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 03:15:19 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2019, 02:51:57 am »

After a chaotic spamming of action reports, the players began to slowly trawl through the logs which dwarf interrupted which action under whose aegis to try to figure out who had launched the doctor off of the tower (the one which was once carved into the shape of a hammer). In the ensuing conflict over the mechanics of retractable drawbridges, IcyTea31 logged off for good.

N2 has ended

IcyTea31 was killed.

IcyTea31 was Town.

Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Day Three

- randomgenericusername
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail

5 to lynch.

Day ends 9AM 13/5/19 BST or on majority lynch.

Note: I sent some false reports due to a mistake in the action processing which I picked up half-way through. Please do not quote these reports or try to overtly rely on them for your lines of attack.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:54:00 am by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43