Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99315 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2019, 12:41:07 pm »

Would you rather use a delayed kill or a normal kill on night 1, for example?
Absolutely. The deception value (town reactions such as "hey, the doc hit their mark" or "huh, guess there's no SK") would be a net gain for scum especially in the early game, even if the target gets to act on the subsequent day.
In a game where the possible abilities weren't known beforehand, sure. But I imagine that if no one dies during N1 in this game, people aren't going to be assuming that the kill ability was blocked.

Superdorf
I'm gonna try to calm down. I'm gonna trust the rest of my town to figure out where my alignments lie, and poke at who needs poking.
This is the right idea. Even if you do wind up dead at some point whatever information you have out will help the town afterwards. It sucks to die but you still win if the town does.

Shakerag:
In this specific game? Not much out of the ordinary, to be honest- I don't think you put a lot of value on your votes, and letting someone else pick your vote for you isn't all that much different from just random voting. Now, you could have some plan to see what Tric does after you vote for Spin, but I'd have to wait and see whether that's the case or not.

As regards the number of votes, 3 votes away from hammer is a lot of votes and we're not anywhere near the end of the day yet. A vote without any actual substance behind it wouldn't strike me as applying a lot of pressure.

Do you think I should vote for Maximum Spin as well?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2019, 12:54:20 pm »

I've usually been intimidated from attacking more skilled players. I should do something about that. Let's go, Leafsnail, do stuff.
OK?
Max Spin

Kit... I guess to cut to the end of this, yes, I am, well done.

I’m voting IcyTea for suspected rolefishing; why are you demanding very specific details of my role- engaging in actual rolefishing - and why are you expecting me to be honest about it?
Rolefishing is generally a negative because it helps mafia members pick off powerful roles and makes it easier for them to fabricate claims later. That said I don't think I've ever seen a mafia member deliberately rolefish before - it tends to be way more trouble than it's worth. Regardless of alignment rolefishing tends to be a result of a poor grasp of mafia theory rather than malice.

I find your heavy focus on rolefishing suspicious, hector13. You haven't at any point explained to the people engaging in it why it's poor play or considered that they may be mistaken - rather, it feels like you're using it as an opportunity run up lynches on people.
Frankly, I don't expect much in the way of hard facts. That's why I'm fishing so hard - they seem like the only solid facts I can pull up. And when the other Mafioso keeps their head, well, then it's time to hunt him down like the first one.

In the meantime, aggressive swapping is an anti-town move. As it is, we have probably all figured out what the heck our roles can do. But if they shuffle, then we have to decode the use of our new role, and besides, what if Mafia or SK snag a better skill than they had before? Extremely likely in this case.
Swapping - and indeed almost all actions other than Frame - is good. It's unlikely that a mafia member or serial killer will end up with something better than the Kill they already have, and it provides a lot of information later on that will make things awkward for them. Particularly for night swaps - scum may be put in the situation where they have to use a swap instead of killing.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2019, 12:57:55 pm »

At the moment, I won't explain my reasoning. For the reason behind this, tis simple. The start of the post above this one answers that.

I am finishing Solomon, Today. I have only 4 more battles to go, and plenty of quartz. Then, I'll do BB's event till I run out of AP. And after that, do the bio of my FEF character. Then do BB's event some more.
That's... a lot of stuff you didn't say you'd be doing yesterday. Do you care so little for this game? Why'd you sign up in the first place?

Put simply, expect content from me tomorrow. Including my Reason for voting Maxspin.
I'm going to hold you to that I am.

Maybe try to don't panic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For what it's worth, the last time Starver was online was April 26, 2019, 06:48:31 pm. 

He might need an official proddin', NQT.
Oh. He never was here. That... explains a lot.

But, that aside, what do you think it says about me that I let a random person control my first vote, which just so happens to be pushing someone closer to getting hammered (L-3, by my count)?
Not my question, but this suggests to me that you're looking for a reaction-- from TricMagic, Maximum Spin, Deus Asmoth, or maybe all three of them.

---------------------------

hector13: You accuse KitRougard of rolefishing. As I understand it, he's trying to find the Serial Killer. Is that rolefishing? Does it help town?

Maximum Spin: In a recent game, you vehemently advocated a No Lynch on the first day, speaking at length against the Day 1 lynch. Do you still believe your words in that game to be accurate? Why or why not?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2019, 01:29:06 pm »

What's the mistake?

I read through Max's past games, and realized he tends to be like this as town, and tends to get lynched for it. Then he answered some of my questions, and his answers seem consistent to me with his personality and habits-- strange as those answers may be. He's quite possibly scum, but he's also quite possibly just eccentric, and I'm not sure enough which one it is to lynch anymore.
What? I thought--

Oh? Maybe so. I'm not trying to get you killed yet, at any rate. Just talking. And oh look, you're talking. A lot. Progress!
Which is it?
Were you trying to get him killed afterall (a mistake, you say)?
Or trying to get information on his role? Which .. you're not doing anymore, because he confuses you too much to give a read one way or the other? What?

You missed my point on goals. Scum's goal is to survive until the end. Town's goal is to figure out who is scum and who is town. Scum can pull a lynch and draw aggro, a failure. Town can pull a lynch on someone they think is scum and draw aggro for it, which isn't really a failure.
If you draw a bit of aggro from questioning, you're not doing it objectively wrong.

I'll give a reads list later. For now,
Tricmagic is just doing nothing because, as he says, looking for scum or doing much of anything D1 is at the bottom of his priorities list, and he's rubbing our faces in it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2019, 01:37:26 pm »

He's at L-3. That vote was good to get him talking, but now it's just going to get him killed. Which I don't want just yet. I am trying to get information out of him still, I'm still questioning him, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

You missed my point on goals. Scum's goal is to survive until the end. Town's goal is to figure out who is scum and who is town. Scum can pull a lynch and draw aggro, a failure. Town can pull a lynch on someone they think is scum and draw aggro for it, which isn't really a failure.
If you draw a bit of aggro from questioning, you're not doing it objectively wrong.

This is something my brain knew and my stomach didn't. Thank you for affirming it for me.

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »

Taking this as it comes, one big post today. Will be travelling later, during which I should be able to pay attention and make small posts, and will be travelling tomorrow also. It's weekend anyway, so nyeh.

IcyTea

What parts do you think drew my attention?
Are you asking me to build your case on me for you? Alright.

Nah I wanted to see how you'd present me, and how you'd present me presenting you.

The procgen abilities hold very little information about their holders' alignments.
ERMAHGERD rolefishing won't find alignment

ERMAHGERD Tea doesn't want to find alignment, they must be scum
I can see why you would reach that conclusion, but you're wrong about my intentions. The original Proc Gen Mafia, which I assumed you would have at least skimmed, had a lot of roleswapping on D1. I thought it would be offputting to see that happen in action, so I asked you the question to see how much you're thinking like me today, not to learn about your role. As for me not thinking roles are important: Their effects are, but revealing them in a massclaim is pointless as scum can speak the truth and live. A town powerplay isn't very useful when scum doesn't even need to lie to subvert it.

This part, in particular, being interesting. There were two questions you asked that had an element of role-fishing to them:

hector13: How would you react if your ability was swapped for something useless before the end of this day?

Deus Asmoth: How afraid are you of the delayed-kill mechanics (poison, infection, fire) in play?

These questions could basically be reworded as "do you have a powerful role?", which is an interesting first foray to make into the game, particularly in light of you saying the roles are alignment-independent.

Thus, your conclusion was not quite correct. I don't think you're scum because you're not trying to figure out alignments, I think you're scum because you're trying to figure out who has a powerful role. In other words, who you don't want to be in the game because they might get in the way of your night game.

Also I didn't read any of the first ProcGen game.

RGU

I thought I should probably start with making a list of reads.

IcyTea31: Null, leaning town. Haven't exactly said anything that would make me read them as either alignment, but the recent "bandwagon" makes me feel that he might not be scum at least.
Starver: Null, since they haven't posted anything at all yet and there's just nothing to work with. I think it's too early to say he's lurking,
randomgenericusername: I honestly think I probably appear to be scummy to the rest, because of being kinda inactive and "lurky" like some have said. I really wasn't able to post, and I'll try to post more often whenever I have time and try to be more helpful from now on.
hector13: Slightly reading him as scum after calling out IcyTea for rolefishing. I don't know, but he seemed a bit too persistent on it. And the "bandwagon" reinforced my suspicions. It's not a very strong read, though. It's still too early in the game.
KitRougard: Scum, or maybe someone with a census-type investigative ability? Seems to be certain that hector13 is a SK with a "kill youself" ability, and tried to guess the town's distribution. So it's possible they have insider's knowledge.
SuperDorf: Just Null. For now, anything can be simply attributed to newbie mistakes, and until I see more, I won't be able to differentiate between that and actually being scum.
TricMagic: Null, too. With him, I just never know. Kinda just want to say scum and not bother trying to undestand him.
Nirur Torir: Leaning town for me, at least. Not very sure why, probably just a gut feeling. He just... Seems to be generally townish.
Maximum Spin: Leaning scum, spreading confusing and misdirection is never helpful for town. There's also been some low-content posts from him, which make me feel he might be scum posting to not appear lurky.
Deus Asmoth: A single post. Not much to read at all, so I'll leave him as Null.
Shakerag: I don't think I can even read drunk people. Null.
Leafsnail: Posted only twice so far, so I'm having the same problem as with Starver and Deus Asmoth. Then again, I haven't posted much either. Null I guess?

...Yeah, that's probably not very helpful. I read most of the players as null since I just don't have strong enough reads yet. And I might have missed some important or obvious stuff too. Also, while writing this post, about 6 new replies appeared.

This is one of the issues I talked about before the game. You've not made any effort to refine your reads beyond what you have already, and that's annoying. How will you figure out what questions work the best if you don't ask any? You have 7 nulls on that list, out of the 11 players who are not named randomgenericusername. Da's bad man.

One thing though: you've said IcyTea bandwagoning makes them feel not scum, while my bandwagoning makes me scum. Why the discrepancy?

Also, you said Superdorf being new makes them hard to read, but you only seem to think it's going to affect your ability to determine if they're scum. Why is that?

What are the low-content posts that Max Spin has made?

DA

hector:
IcyTea: you’re doing a lot of rolefishing for someone who doesn’t think roles are all that important.
How much rolefishing is a lot? As near as I can tell he'd only asked one other person a question that could be interpreted as rolefishing at the time you said this.

It's relative. If he hadn't said later on that he didn't think knowing roles would be particularly useful, even in a massclaim... well I'd still have pointed out the rolefishing, just been much less bothered by it.

It'd be like you having dinner with a friend, who's eating a hamburger, and then they say they're vegetarian. That's a lot of hambuger for a vegetarian. IcyTea asked everyone a question, and 18.1% of them were rolefishing.

I was a bit on the fence about the question they asked Starver (whether aggressive role-swapping was anti- or pro-town) but the focus on that wasn't the roles, even if the role swapping and its consequences were an element.

Superdorf

Just keep doing what you're doing, it's all fine. Maybe less panic, sure, but if this is your first (or among your first) game, then you're going to feel out of your depth. Completely normal, just remember to keep posting, 'cause you learn by doing in mafia.

hector13: You accuse KitRougard of rolefishing. As I understand it, he's trying to find the Serial Killer. Is that rolefishing? Does it help town?

I should probably be poking Kit about that more.

I'm surprised nobody has poked me about it. Ah well, free ride.

Anyway, it helps town, sure, but the sk is also aligned against the scum, so it helps them too. What Kit is doing is rolefishing, and just because someone has a kill (or can kill themselves) doesn't mean they're anti-town given the nature of this particular game.

It might imply Kit isn't town because they're not looking for scum though.

Leafsnail

I've usually been intimidated from attacking more skilled players. I should do something about that. Let's go, Leafsnail, do stuff.
OK?
Max Spin

Kit... I guess to cut to the end of this, yes, I am, well done.

I’m voting IcyTea for suspected rolefishing; why are you demanding very specific details of my role- engaging in actual rolefishing - and why are you expecting me to be honest about it?
Rolefishing is generally a negative because it helps mafia members pick off powerful roles and makes it easier for them to fabricate claims later. That said I don't think I've ever seen a mafia member deliberately rolefish before - it tends to be way more trouble than it's worth. Regardless of alignment rolefishing tends to be a result of a poor grasp of mafia theory rather than malice.

I find your heavy focus on rolefishing suspicious, hector13. You haven't at any point explained to the people engaging in it why it's poor play or considered that they may be mistaken - rather, it feels like you're using it as an opportunity run up lynches on people.

I'll accept it looks like my focus is on the rolefishing, but pretty much everything else here is wrong. Poor play is not scum-exclusive, and I have at no point suggested I want other people to vote for IcyTea. Try again?

I could offer examples of why rolefishing isn't necessarily negative but that would be providing IcyTea with an out, and I don't feel like doing that right now.

In saying that, still kinda RVS and I don't like that...

Nah. I'm happy with what I'm doing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2019, 03:41:02 pm »

I should probably be poking Kit about that more.

I'm surprised nobody has poked me about it. Ah well, free ride.

Anyway, it helps town, sure, but the sk is also aligned against the scum, so it helps them too. What Kit is doing is rolefishing, and just because someone has a kill (or can kill themselves) doesn't mean they're anti-town given the nature of this particular game.

It might imply Kit isn't town because they're not looking for scum though.

Hm. I can follow that logic.

Also, consider yourself poked. Have you said something that could be interpreted as "rolefishing"? If so, what, and why did you say it?

klonk
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2019, 04:14:05 pm »

Nah I wanted to see how you'd present me, and how you'd present me presenting you.
You asked me to build your case on me for you.

hector13: How would you react if your ability was swapped for something useless before the end of this day?

Deus Asmoth: How afraid are you of the delayed-kill mechanics (poison, infection, fire) in play?

These questions could basically be reworded as "do you have a powerful role?", which is an interesting first foray to make into the game, particularly in light of you saying the roles are alignment-independent.
Try rewording them as "do you think like I do?" For DA's question, my mind wandered to my pre-game question:
When a player dies, will the method (direct/poison/infect) be revealed? If not, the infect mechanic is getting scarier by the minute for me.

Also I didn't read any of the first ProcGen game.
You should. It gives insight into what kind of chaos this setup can fall to.

If he hadn't said later on that he didn't think knowing roles would be particularly useful, even in a massclaim...
Indeed, I will double down on that: a massclaim in a setup like this will generally help scum more than town. As I've said, the purpose of my question was not to learn anything of your role, but of your way of thinking.

and I have at no point suggested I want other people to vote for IcyTea.
An interesting statement. Is the point of your vote not wanting me to be lynched?

I could offer examples of why rolefishing isn't necessarily negative but that would be providing IcyTea with an out
"My case is weak and I know it."

hector13. You're focusing so much on my RVS questions, it's almost like you find it a problem that I've progressed from it (in the cases of some players) and want me to go back to it. It's also worth noting that you haven't done much to scumhunt today, beyond trying to get me on a one-point-case that you don't believe in yourself. It's clear that we're working from different mindsets. I know mine is a town mindset, so what's yours?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2019, 05:20:57 pm »

Now, I feel like spitting up numbers, so here's what I feel the distribution is...
9 town
3 scum
1 SK
Why these numbers?
Why SK in particular?
Why be so hung up on SK?

In the meantime, aggressive swapping is an anti-town move. As it is, we have probably all figured out what the heck our roles can do. But if they shuffle, then we have to decode the use of our new role, and besides, what if Mafia or SK snag a better skill than they had before? Extremely likely in this case.
Why is this extremely likely? What's your info source, Hector's sarcasm?

I'm currently working on the assumption that there's 3 mafiosos and a serial killer-- so yes, 4 scum. Perhaps I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
Same question: Why SK, of all the possibilities?

I'm sorry if I appear like I'm lurky, the game just started in the worst posaible moment for me, and I'll also probably won't be able to post at all in a few hours as I'll be asleep. I really don't have much to say since the day has just begun and there isn't that much to work with, and I'm just bad at asking questions like the others do.

About my reads, I guess Maximum Spin and TricMagic look suspicious? They have always looked weird to me on all the games I've been with them though, so maybe it's just the way they play. Also, probably not helpful at all as there's apparently already a few who have negative reads on them.
You're complaining that other people haven't done enough for you to have content for you to have reads. Fair enough with IRL stuff, at least you've posted reads.
And then the part I dislike, is the wishy-washy "Maybe I think they're suspicious. But I'm not the only one who sees it, so it's not helpful."
You're paying attention, so surely you can answer this: Who's your top lynch for the day?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Signups Open [10/?]
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2019, 05:27:31 pm »

If there are at least 11 players, there will be at least one serial killer, guaranteed. The last game had 13 players with two serial killers and two scum team members. The exact numbers are deliberately unknown to the players (as there are census abilities which can give this information in play), but you can assume that the game will not be deliberately balanced too far towards any one team.

We have Word of Mod that there's a least one serial killer in our midst, and quite possibly two.

Now you bring it up, I suppose we could wind up with the same distribution as the first proc game. Still-- four scum, at least one of which is not aligned with the mafia.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2019, 05:31:04 pm »

What aspect of Hector's mindset did you intend to learn about with this question?

I could offer examples of why rolefishing isn't necessarily negative but that would be providing IcyTea with an out

Do you have such examples yourself?

randomgenericusername: You've posted a readlist, and you have some suspicions there. How do you intend to confirm (or deny) the veracity of those suspicions, and how do you intend to fill out those null reads?

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2019, 05:32:17 pm »

You asked me to build your case on me for you.

I asked you to look for what I was referring to, actually. You decided that meant I had a case. You then presented that case as though I were an idiot, presumably in an effort to discredit it, and came to a conclusion I hadn’t made.

Try rewording them as "do you think like I do?" For DA's question, my mind wandered to my pre-game question:
When a player dies, will the method (direct/poison/infect) be revealed? If not, the infect mechanic is getting scarier by the minute for me.

You didn’t furnish us with what you thought, though, so how can we determine whether we thought the same as you?

and I have at no point suggested I want other people to vote for IcyTea.
An interesting statement. Is the point of your vote not wanting me to be lynched?

A statement of fact. What is the point of any vote?

“I have no interest in letting my fish off the hook.”

hector13. You're focusing so much on my RVS questions, it's almost like you find it a problem that I've progressed from it (in the cases of some players) and want me to go back to it. It's also worth noting that you haven't done much to scumhunt today, beyond trying to get me on a one-point-case that you don't believe in yourself. It's clear that we're working from different mindsets. I know mine is a town mindset, so what's yours?

You wouldn’t mind furnishing us with a reads list then?

I noted a discrepancy and asked you about it. You’re the one that seems to think I had a case on you, which you were defensive about before I even made one.

Purely from my interaction with you: DA commented on what I asked you; Leafsnail has voted for me and my response will force them to respond again, allowing us to examine how we all relate to each other; you are flailing about like you need a doll to show everyone where I touched you; RGU has made a reads list incorporating what I’m doing as part of their read.

Content is being generated by us being in the spotlight, whether you like it or not. I’m not afraid of it, why are you?

In other news, I also voted MaxSpin, which freaked out Superdorf, and presumably got Shakerag involved in the action, prior to moving it back to you. That’s activity from seven people in only two or three posts. Decent strike rate, I’d wager.

I even left a loose end and pointed it out to everyone(!) but the only person to pick it up was Superdorf, and he asked the wrong questions. Sorry brah.

PPE: those questions are pretty good though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2019, 05:44:46 pm »

I'm glad you like them. Would you care to answer them?

And, as a bonus: I'll be looking for this mysterious loose end of yours, but why do you want us to seek it out in the first place, and why aren't you just outright telling us where you slipped?

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »

RGU

I thought I should probably start with making a list of reads.

IcyTea31: Null, leaning town. Haven't exactly said anything that would make me read them as either alignment, but the recent "bandwagon" makes me feel that he might not be scum at least.
Starver: Null, since they haven't posted anything at all yet and there's just nothing to work with. I think it's too early to say he's lurking,
randomgenericusername: I honestly think I probably appear to be scummy to the rest, because of being kinda inactive and "lurky" like some have said. I really wasn't able to post, and I'll try to post more often whenever I have time and try to be more helpful from now on.
hector13: Slightly reading him as scum after calling out IcyTea for rolefishing. I don't know, but he seemed a bit too persistent on it. And the "bandwagon" reinforced my suspicions. It's not a very strong read, though. It's still too early in the game.
KitRougard: Scum, or maybe someone with a census-type investigative ability? Seems to be certain that hector13 is a SK with a "kill youself" ability, and tried to guess the town's distribution. So it's possible they have insider's knowledge.
SuperDorf: Just Null. For now, anything can be simply attributed to newbie mistakes, and until I see more, I won't be able to differentiate between that and actually being scum.
TricMagic: Null, too. With him, I just never know. Kinda just want to say scum and not bother trying to undestand him.
Nirur Torir: Leaning town for me, at least. Not very sure why, probably just a gut feeling. He just... Seems to be generally townish.
Maximum Spin: Leaning scum, spreading confusing and misdirection is never helpful for town. There's also been some low-content posts from him, which make me feel he might be scum posting to not appear lurky.
Deus Asmoth: A single post. Not much to read at all, so I'll leave him as Null.
Shakerag: I don't think I can even read drunk people. Null.
Leafsnail: Posted only twice so far, so I'm having the same problem as with Starver and Deus Asmoth. Then again, I haven't posted much either. Null I guess?

...Yeah, that's probably not very helpful. I read most of the players as null since I just don't have strong enough reads yet. And I might have missed some important or obvious stuff too. Also, while writing this post, about 6 new replies appeared.

This is one of the issues I talked about before the game. You've not made any effort to refine your reads beyond what you have already, and that's annoying. How will you figure out what questions work the best if you don't ask any? You have 7 nulls on that list, out of the 11 players who are not named randomgenericusername. Da's bad man.

One thing though: you've said IcyTea bandwagoning makes them feel not scum, while my bandwagoning makes me scum. Why the discrepancy?

Also, you said Superdorf being new makes them hard to read, but you only seem to think it's going to affect your ability to determine if they're scum. Why is that?

What are the low-content posts that Max Spin has made?

I mean, I don't know how would I get aaround "refining" these reads, and I know that's bad. I'm honestly not sure what I should be doing right now, seeing that we can't do much since it's the first day. No one has died, and no one has used any ability yet (unless there's someone with a day ability). In the end, there's just not enough evidence to confirm anyone as scum or town yet, so I refrained from saying "this person is mafia/town" and instead opted for leaving people in null. And like I said, I just don't have any strong reads yet.

The difference between both of you was that while IcyTea was the target of a bandwagon, you jumped into one against Maximum Spin. I know I read him as scum, but still, it could be either of you.

That's mainly because I wouldn't be able to difference between what are newbie mistakes and scum behavoir. I wouldn't know if they are doing things by mistake or intentionally.

About Maximum Spin, seems like I just over-exaggerated it. My fault, it's hard for me to keep track of some things and paying attention. The other point still kinda stands, but I think it might be that I just don't really like his playstyle.

I'm sorry if I appear like I'm lurky, the game just started in the worst posaible moment for me, and I'll also probably won't be able to post at all in a few hours as I'll be asleep. I really don't have much to say since the day has just begun and there isn't that much to work with, and I'm just bad at asking questions like the others do.

About my reads, I guess Maximum Spin and TricMagic look suspicious? They have always looked weird to me on all the games I've been with them though, so maybe it's just the way they play. Also, probably not helpful at all as there's apparently already a few who have negative reads on them.
You're complaining that other people haven't done enough for you to have content for you to have reads. Fair enough with IRL stuff, at least you've posted reads.
And then the part I dislike, is the wishy-washy "Maybe I think they're suspicious. But I'm not the only one who sees it, so it's not helpful."
You're paying attention, so surely you can answer this: Who's your top lynch for the day?

Like I said in the other post before, I haven't been exactly active either, but it's because of some IRL stuff like you said. It's very serious and personal stuff, and I have multiple things to worry about too. It wasn't complaining, I just wanted to clarify that I had no idea about them because of the low post count. And the other part was that I just feel that repeating what others were saying wasn't helpful for the town, but I also didn't want to just post nothing at all either so it was that or probably going to bed without saying anything and appearing to be lurky like the others have said.

As for who I think it would be best to lynch right now, I honestly have no idea. But if I had to choose, it would probably be KitRougard. It would be mostly just gut feeling, but he has been acting weird too and I don't have anyone else to pick (other that TricMagic, but that would be just my bias and it would probably be rude.)

randomgenericusername: You've posted a readlist, and you have some suspicions there. How do you intend to confirm (or deny) the veracity of those suspicions, and how do you intend to fill out those null reads?

I would wait and see how they interact. If I see someone who I read as scum defend someone I read as null during the day, then it's probable they're both scumbuddies, for example. Then, when flips happen, they will either reinforce said reads or disprove them. While I might be reading a few as null, I can still see who are they "with" and who are they "against". Every townie lynch will probably have at least one scum member voting for them.

(Sorry for any typos, I'm posting from my phone 100% of the time.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Signups Open [10/?]
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2019, 06:04:18 pm »

We have Word of Mod that there's a least one serial killer in our midst, and quite possibly two.
Oh yes, yes, right.

Reads:
SuperDorf: Playing a townie D1, posting plenty and questioning people. Very fragile under pressure. The bandwagon thing could easily just be a newb-tell. Leaning town, and I'd prefer not to lynch the enthusiastic newbie D1.
hector13: Is tunneling IcyTea, but it doesn't feel superflous. Lightly scum-leaning D1 game.
Shakerag: Got drunk and posted lots of small posts, stirring up activity. Town-leaning D1 game.
KitRougard: His strange obsession with powers continues. Has asked a few questions, mostly about powers and roles. Scum-leaning D1 game, with some slack for newbishness.
randomgenericusername: Isn't active and interacting on his own, citing RL stuff, but is paying attention. Has asked 0 questions, scummy D1 game.
Leafsnail: Has barely posted, but has now attacked Hector for spending the day tunneling. Scummy D1 game.

IcyTea31: He's hard for me to read. He seems to be trying to find scum at least, but Hector's RVS-holdover tunnel has him bothered. Why? Scum lean.
Maximum Spin: An entirely reactive strategy feels scummy, as he's not trying to move the game along at all, and is letting everyone else direct the flow of information. Scum lean.
Deus Asmoth: Doing very little. Has asked a few weak questions. Scum lean.
TricMagic: Wants us to know that he doesn't care about what's going on, because video games. Scummy, unless he puts in serious effort to make up for it tomorrow.

Starver: Entirely absent.

Deus Asmoth: Who's most townie, and who's your top D1 lynch?
Shakerag: What's your reads list? You've been active enough to at least have guesses.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43