Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (SG) A second chance  (Read 1926 times)

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(SG) A second chance
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:20 am »

Darkness...
This is the only thing you see.
Are you dreaming? Are you dead?

Voices...
That probably means you live and are conscious.
You can't make out a single word, but it sounds wrong, somehow.
How they talk. You've never heard anything like it.

Black turns to gray...

Beeping, humming, rattling. And the voices. You don't understand what they are saying.

You try to open your eyes and are rewarded by a bright light, making your head hurt.
You close them.
You open them again.
A few more tries and you manage to keep them open and take in your surroundings.
Not that they make any sense...

The light isn't that bright. Your eyes just must have been closed for a long time.
Blank metal walls, tables with tools you can't name around you.
People - too tall and too thin - are standing nearby and talking in that strange - in that somehow wrong - language.
There are more beds with more people.
There is a door with a panel next to it.
There is a machine next to you. It's producing the sounds. The beeping, the humming, the rattling.

The strange people turn towards you, watch you.
You just stare back as one of them shakes their head.
They say something you don't understand.

You feel a prick in your neck.

The voices become silent...

The world disappears...

Darkness...

Soft wind on your skin. That's the first thing you feel.
You can hear it, together with twittering birds and creaking wood.
You feel awake, energized, as if you have slept better than ever in your life.

You open your eyes.
The sky looks different. Not blue. Teal.

Are you dreaming? Are you dead?
You have a slight feeling of déjŕ vu.

You sit up and look around.
The grass around you is blue.
There are two other people lying beside you.
They seem to be waking up as well.
You ask them where you are. They tell you they don't know.
You ask them who they are.

Who are they? And who are you?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:00:58 am by Asgarus »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: (SG) A second chance
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:15:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 04:53:30 pm »

You are PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON. Beside you are GENERAL SIMON BOLIVAR and FIRST CONSUL NAPOLEON BONAPARTE.

Viva.

Avanti!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 10:31:30 pm »

While you indeed feel energized and refreshed, your memory doesn't seem to benefit from that yet.
You try to think of who you are, but you are not quite sure yet, as if your thoughts have to awake on their own, wading through a thick mist inside your head.
You keep thinking about it for a bit longer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 07:14:14 am »

You are PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON. Beside you are GENERAL SIMON BOLIVAR and FIRST CONSUL NAPOLEON BONAPARTE.

Viva.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:37:46 am »

After thinking about it for a while, you are pretty sure that you are George Washington, former and first president of the United States.
The last thing you clearly remember is how you were lying in your bed after a very bad sickness. Martha was sitting with you - oh, beautiful Martha.
Her face is the last thing you see before...
Before what?

You have vage memories of metal walls and beeping sounds, but other than that, you have no idea what the hell happened and how you got here.
You don't feel sick anymore -  or old.
Your body feels like you were in your thirties again!

You turn back to your two companions and tell them: "I am George Washington. May I ask who I have the pleasure with?"

One of them, a Spanish looking man, looks at you surprised: "George Washington? President George Washington? I've heard about you. We both fought for independance of our countries! I am..."
He clears his throat and takes a long breath before continuing: "Simón José Antonio de la Santísima Trinidad Bolívar Palacios Ponte y Blanco. But you can call min Simňn."
That said, he looks around before asking: "My friend, do you know where we are? I remember having tuberculosis. I was supposed to die! Is this paradise?"
Clearly confused, the seemingly young man, looking like he's only in his twenties, turns away to take in his surroundings, trying to find anything familiar.

The other person takes their chance to introduce themselves: "Mister President, it's a pleasure to meet you! I am Napolčon Bonaparte. Former ruler of France."
He looks a bit arrogant, but otherwise just as confused as you and Simňn.
"As far as I know, you died more than twenty years ago. I don't know how, but you look pretty alive to me. I think I should be dead as well. Those damn Britains held me prisoner under horrible conditions on some god-forsaken island."

"Ah yes, the British... I know very well what they are capable of - and what not." you respond with a wink.
He lets out a laughter before abruptly turning to your other companion. "Hey, Simňn! Found anything?"
"No, not really. I have no idea where we are. Do you have any idea, George?"

Well, do you? Maybe you should look around for a bit as well.
Your direct surroundings include a few strange trees to the South, a small river to the West and blue grass almost as far as the eye can see to the North and East, with some mountains in the distance to the East.

What do you do?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:03:12 am »

Rip out some of the blue grass and inspect closely
"What matter of foliage is this?!?"
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 12:20:27 pm »

Investigate the river, and if it's drinkable.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 12:34:28 pm »

Go take a closer look at the trees.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 01:05:02 pm »

Investigate the river, and if it's drinkable.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »

"Gentlemen, I think it would be a good idea to find out if the water in that river is actually drinkable." you tell the other two while ripping out some of the weird, blue grass.
>What matter of foliage is this?!?< you think to yourself.

"Good idea, George.", Simňn replies. "I'm going to give it a taste!"
Meanwhile Napolčon is already heading towards the trees, calling towards you "I'm going to check the trees. They don't look too different from our oaks back home."

"Take care! Who knows who or what might lurk nearby..." you tell them before following Simón to the river.

The river looks fine enough. It's about five meters wide and one and a half meters deep in the middle if you had to guess.
The current doesn't seem too strong and you think you saw the shadow of some kind of fish darting by.
Simňn steps into the water and takes a cautious sip.

You wait a minute and then another minute.

After five minutes of silence, he is still standing and looking healthy and you decide it's drinkable enough.
You bow down and take a sip, enjoying the cool, fresh feeling of the water running down your throat.
You really needed that!

You think about what you should do next.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 05:25:19 pm »

Break some branches off the tree. Take one with a pointy enough end and go spearfishing in the stream

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 12:56:36 am »

Cautiously, Napolčon breaks some branches off the first tree he reaches.
The wood is surprisingly flexible but should be good enough as weapon material for now.
This kind of tree seems to be the only one growing here, but he is pretty sure he saw different trees deeper inside the forest when he was looking from further away.
He gathers a few sticks pointy enough to try and go spearfishing with them and heads back to you and Simón.

Meanwhile, you and Simón are pretty sure that the water is safe and so the both of you are standing in hip-deep water, trying to catch fish with your bare hands.
Just as Napoléon approaches with the sticks, you glimpse the shadow of something large a few meters away under the water.
Alarmed, you pull yourself and Simňn out of the water - just in time to see a large fish, at least 4 meter in length and a mouth large enough to swallow you whole,
dash through the water where you were just standing.

Apparently the river isn't as harmless as you thought, and the three of you decide to take better care in these surroundings from now on.

While the size of the fish makes it a danger, it also means that it can't turn around in the river and come back, so you might be able to go spearfishing for a while before it comes back or another one decides to visit and so you do.

You agree on yourself staying out of the water and watching for anything unusual while Simon and Napoleon try their best to get you something for dinner.

The sun slowly begins to set as you are busy hunting for food - something you would have never thought you'd had to do in your life.

Lost in thought, you suddenly see another shadow, alarmingly close, dashing through the water.
There is barely time to warn the other two!

What do you do?

Spoiler: author's note (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 06:08:51 am »

Yell at them, let them know of the danger.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 09:26:23 am »

Throw the spear-stick at the shadow!
Pages: [1] 2 3