Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (SG) A second chance  (Read 1924 times)

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) A second chance
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 10:30:16 pm »

Without hesitating you shout out to Simon and Napoleon: "Get out of the water! There is another one!".
At the same time, you throw your improvised fishing spear at the shadow, even though you are not convinced it would even slow the beast down.
Your spear hits the shadow and disappears into the water, the shadow weirdly convulsing at the spot it must have been hit.

Simon reacts quickly and jumps towards the river bank, but Napoleon is too slow.
The shadow closes the distance in a matter of seconds and...

...darts right through him?

You watch dumbfounded for a moment before realization hits you.
It's not one big fish - it's a school of fishes!
You facepalm as you watch the school flow around Napoleon. His own shocked look slowly turns to understanding and then amusement as he begins to laugh.
"So that is the big bad river monster! I really thought this was it. There I get a miraculous second chance when I should be dead and I waste it by getting eaten by a fish! Ha!",
You and Simon grin and help him out of the water.

The fishes are gone, only one stayed behind. You really did hit with your spear. It is floating on the water, sticking out of a decently sized fish.
Together with the few fishes Simon and Napoleon caught, this should make for a nice dinner.

By now, the sun is almost gone. What do you do?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 11:43:52 pm »

Start a fire, set up camp
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 05:58:20 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 09:54:20 am »

The most logical thing to do would be to start a fire, so you get to doing exactly that.
While Napoleon prepares the caught fishes as good as he can, you and Simon gather some firewood and tinder in the forest.

Just as both of you prepare to head back with your hands full of wood, you hear a twig snapping to your left.
Alarmed, you turn your head and try to see what made the sound, but it's already quite dark and the trees make it impossible to see further than a few meters.

What do you do?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 10:00:11 am »

Caution Simon,then walk back to camp slowly 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 10:21:21 pm »

You nod towards Simon and then towards the direction you heard the snap.
"Pssht, something's nearby. Let's better head back." you whisper.
The two of you start heading out of the forest. You only stayed at the outskirts, but who knows what lives in this strange world?

A few minutes later, you arrive back at the spot you woke up.
Napoleon prepared the fishes by skewering them onto the improvised spears and while he's setting up the firewood,
you use a short stick and rub it along a broader piece, generating wood dust and eventually heating it up enough to light the tinder.

You gather around the cozy fire, holding the fishes into the flames, and talk about the events of the day.

"So... does anyone of you know how we ended up here?" you ask.
"I am just as confused as you are. All I know that we should all be dead but somehow are not." Napoleon responds.
"I remember waking up in a strange metal room. There were other people, more than just us three." you say.
"I don't recall anything like that... but I think it's more important what's ahead of us. Are we stuck here? And where is here? I've never heard of blue grass before." Simon adds.

After that, you grow silent, each lost in their own thoughts.
After you finished your share of the meal, you say: "Well gentlemen, I think we should get some rest for now. Who knows what awaits us tomorrow."

The other two agree and you lie down, trying to find some sleep.

The night goes by uneventful.

The warm light of the morning sun wakes you up. You stand up and stretch before taking a look around.
Nothing has changed since yesterday. It seems to be pretty peaceful around here at the moment.

What do you do now?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 06:31:47 pm »

Explore the area around us see if we can find any traces of civilization.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 01:16:24 am »

Throw the spear-stick at the shadow!
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 05:52:23 am »

You decide to spend the morning exploring your surroundings more thoroughly.

You went North and found a clay pit with weird, pretty big bugs living in it.
They are almost white in color, about as big as a duck and have heads like shovels with wich they dig through the clay dirt, searching for smaller insects to eat.
You wonder if there are other insects that large...
You bring back one of them. They don't seem to be agressive and don't seem to mind you picking them up at all.

Simon and Napoleon went further into the forest, carrying some improvised wooden spears with them.
They went as far as the mountains and found a cave entrance. They only explored the first few meters but didn't dare to go deeper.
They didn't encounter any larger animals, but managed to hunt down some smaller ones.

-A couple birds, about 30cm big. They are dark gray and fly through swarms of what seems to be mosquitos, using their trumpet-like bills to catch as many of them as they can.
-A rodent as large as a dachshund, looking like a mix between a ferret and a horse. They surprised it when it was digging for roots underneath a bush. It's fur has a golden color.
-Another, smaller rodent, looking kinda like a black and very fat squirrel.

At noon, you are all back at the camp, roasting your meat.
The bug has surprisingly much meat on it and it doesn't look too bad.

"Is that a bug?" Simon asks you.
"A pretty big one, yes. I wonder if it is edible..." you answer.
"Well, this fat squirrel here at least smells tasty. I can't wait to try it!" he responds.

While you and Simon prepare the food, Napoleon draws a map into the dirt.

Do you eat the bug? Do you eat the other animals? What are your next plans?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 06:15:38 am »

Eat a little piece of each and see if we get sick, then if there safe we can eat more of them.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 08:20:02 am »

While you didn't really wait and think before eating the fish, this time you decide to be more cautious.
This is an unknown world with unknown animals and who knows what surprises awaits you - culinary or otherwise.

You volunteer and try a bite of each animal.
The birds appear to be edible. They taste almost like chicken, but a little sweeter.
The big rodent's meat became dry rather quickly and is very tough to eat. It tastes somewhat like a very bland kind of beef.
The small rodent doesn't have a lot of meat on it, but it is very tender and juicy and tastes wonderful. If you had to compare it, you would say turkey comes closest.
You save the bug meat for last. It tastes... weird, but not that bad. It is kinda slimy and very soft, you almost don't need to chew it.
From what you can tell, all four are edible. You'll find out later if there are any negative effects, but for now it seems save to eat - and even if you can't be sure yet, you need to eat something.

Simon and Napoleon are relieved and begin to feast. All on all, you miss some spices or herbs, but you are sure you will find some sooner or later.
Simon even tries the bug meat and likes it, while Napoleon prefers to avoid it. "Never ever will I eat flesh from a bug! Just looking at that slimy goo makes me retch..."

Now that you had lunch, you think about what you will do in the afternoon.
You could explore the cave, or try and set up some kind of shelter, in case it starts raining suddenly. And who knows what that will do to you.

What are your plans?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 04:27:21 am »

Lets explore the cave while using small rocks to help us get back out, then make camp at the mouth.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 10:33:06 pm »

By the time you reach the cave, it is early afternoon.
You took the rest of your stored firewood with you and begin to prepare a campfire at the cave entrance.

When you are about to head into the cave, Napoleon interrupts: "So... once we are in there, it will be quite dark. Shouldn't we get some light source first?"

Even though he's right, you don't have anything to make torches from, so you decide to go as far as you can without light and lay a trace of stones to find the way back.
You also decide that one of you should stay at the entrance, and Napoleon happily volunteers.

And so you and Simon head into the cave, the darkness around you deepening.
A few minutes you wander deeper. The light falls into the cave to your advantage and you can go a while before it gets too dark.
Just when you are about to turn back, you see something glimmering in the darkness.

Do you take a closer look?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 12:56:13 am »

Go towards the glimmer carefully and continue to leave stones behind to mark the path back.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 06:06:08 am »

You approach the glimmer carefully, spears ready.
You quickly realize though that you won't need them. What glimmers in the dark appears to be the mycelium of a colony of small, white mushrooms.
The glimmering seems to be more intense the thicker the mycelium gets.

Right next to the mushrooms, there is another tunnel deeper into the caves which you couldn't make out before.
The mycelium grows around the corner, and when you take a look around it, you can see it filling the whole tunnel, lighting it up perfectly.
You can hear water in the distance - maybe there is a subterranean river down there!

What do you do?
Pages: 1 [2] 3