Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116992 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2019, 05:33:55 pm »

Follow Esme's lead. She seems to have a pretty good idea of how to properly gear up a skeleton.
+

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2019, 08:19:27 pm »

I just worry that padding piecewise down will make him less effective. His main strength isn't physical power or speed, but machine precision. Gunking up his joints with heavy cloth will muck that up.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 21, 2019, 09:03:32 pm »

I just worry that padding piecewise down will make him less effective. His main strength isn't physical power or speed, but machine precision. Gunking up his joints with heavy cloth will muck that up.
What if we just don’t pad the joints, but pad non joints

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2019, 10:16:12 pm »

Oh. That's true. Mm...

Do the armor thing. Maybe avoid the padding thing, if it encumbers Piecewise unduly.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2019, 05:51:42 am »

Oh. That's true. Mm...

Do the armor thing. Maybe avoid the padding thing, if it encumbers Piecewise unduly.
+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2019, 06:22:15 am »

I say keeping the clothes/armor and the skeleton in separate containers and then moving them to the place we'll ambush the patrol and putting them on Piecewise there is best. That way there'll be even less chances of it being spotted and anyone who does see him might just mistake him for a weird homeless man.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2019, 06:31:25 am »

I say keeping the clothes/armor and the skeleton in separate containers and then moving them to the place we'll ambush the patrol and putting them on Piecewise there is best. That way there'll be even less chances of it being spotted and anyone who does see him might just mistake him for a weird homeless man.
+1 rescinding previous +1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2019, 06:49:42 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2019, 12:19:24 pm »

Any reason we can't make a core like..... literally covered in iron going forward? Like it seems that biological core components = better minions from what we've checked. Can't we like..... I don't know, cast a brain in iron and use that? Not literally on account of the melted brain matter but you understand.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 22, 2019, 12:49:58 pm »

Completely surrounding the core might introduce latency.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 22, 2019, 12:57:41 pm »

Completely surrounding the core might introduce latency.

Yeah I guess that's the concern.

If it were attached to the being itself, like say, fused to the ribcage or some other less-than-mobile structure on the being itself, it shouldn't matter.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2019, 09:36:18 am »

+1

"Alright" Esme says, standing up and straightening her skirt for a moment before walking towards the door.  "You have papers now so you should be able to walk around relatively safely. Pack up that skeleton and anything else you got and we'll head out.  First we'll get some clothing, then I know a guy who might be able to handle the armor. He's a boiler maker, not an armorer but he should be able to make fitted metal sections regardless.  Maybe a theatrical supply shop too, so we can build a false face for the skeleton, unless you were set on the ski mask?

Anything else we need? You intending to have that skeleton just use a knife or did you want him to have a gun? A knife is silent so it does have its advantages."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2019, 09:49:52 am »

I'm not real set on the ski-mask; a false face could prove useful-- but only if it's sufficiently convincing. How good are the false faces around here?

Piecewise is pretty devastating with that knife of his, but a gun could be worth looking into.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2019, 09:58:31 am »

Scarf and glasses, perhaps?

Nothing we do is going to really conceal him under close scrutiny. The goal should be to avoid close scrutiny.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2019, 02:51:13 pm »

Knife good. But, no reason we couldn't get a revolver or something as backup. Piecewise only uses what we tell him to, and a pistol hidden away in a pocket makes no noise.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 94