Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60514 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2019, 11:35:31 am »

I don't want to interrupt you, but there is maniac trying to kill the world with flaming sword
“So there is.  If any of your Dustwalkers are still on the world, and wish to return to you, let me know. I’ll attempt to have them lifted to you, free of charge. Consider it payment for teaching my employees Weaving.”

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2019, 03:43:40 pm »

I don't want to interrupt you, but there is maniac trying to kill the world with flaming sword
“So there is.  If any of your Dustwalkers are still on the world, and wish to return to you, let me know. I’ll attempt to have them lifted to you, free of charge. Consider it payment for teaching my employees Weaving.”

I am fine with it, if any dustwalkers feel like getting jolly ride to great net

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2019, 10:40:39 pm »

(oof three 1's in a row, my lucks gotta rebound now  ;))

Ira can feel it's hold on the physical world weakening, Ira is closed to being absorbed back into the nothingness, back into her hell. Ira tries pushes through the Archdemons barrier with every fiber of it's being.
(oof three 1's in a row, my lucks gotta rebound now  ;))

Ira can feel it's hold on the physical world weakening, Ira is closed to being absorbed back into the nothingness, back into her hell. Ira tries pushes through the Archdemons barrier with every fiber of it's being.

Shoot web and spit poison into archdemon

weavers of dustwalkers the time has cometh for you to use what you were taught in weaving, entangle the demon in spiritual webs and unravel its spirit

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Ira batters down the Nonexistent barrier surrounding the Archdemon's mind, but to her horror, finds that the dragon has created a second layer of defenses underneath it. Her spiritual form is pierced by whirling blades of Emptiness, which the demon is using to tear her spirit apart in much the same way this it is currently destroying her physical body. It roars in triumph as the World-Eater's essence spills out into the aether, not realizing that this contest of wills has distracted it from the real battle back in reality.

Droplets of venom spatter its head as Nazir attacks it from a perch on the lower reaches of the Great web. The liquid corrodes even the dragon's obsidian flesh, burning its way into the glassy rock like acid. Small tendrils of sand rise from the ground to dig the venom from its wounds, but the Sand's attempt at medical attention is cut short by a second volley from Nazir's students. The newly-minted Dustwalker Weavers use strands of webbing to entangle its spirit, jamming the blades which tore Ira's into Ira's essence just a moment ago.

Instead of counterattacking, the dragon abandons the fight altogether. The Empty's champion untangles itself from Ira and flies away, towards the glass crater where Gyaweft is trying to split the world apart.

The battle for the bone tree is won, though mostly by a technicality. Ira's physical body lies on the sand, in a puddle of her own blood and organs, while her barely-coherent spirit hangs in the air beside it. The Dustwalkers also appear to have incurred casualties while she was distracted, although the sand stopped focusing on the battle before it could take full advantage of the opening it created.

melt the sunship and turn it into the Dawn Axe.
Then jump inside the fissure and cut the world in two.

The Sunship is broken, its body cracked and its engine leaking the Smelter's lifeblood out into the sand. Gyaweft was also injured by the crash, as result of the lost essence, but he musters the strength to make what remains of his internal flame grow brighter and brighter. It flares, burning with a heat ten times greater than any that the primordial has produced before, and even the reinforced glass of the Sunship melts into a puddle around him. Gyaweft feels the flames dimming, his energies exhausted, but he continues on anyway. The Smelter reaches down with trembling gauntlets to shape the glass into a weapon.

The last drops of essence in his body run out, and there is an explosion of light which splashes up towards the heavens. Gyaweft feels himself spreading beyond the confines of his body, expanding until he fills the molten pool of glass, and the crater beyond it, and the realm of the primordials, and the infinite expanses of sand and sky. For one single, glorious moment, he is spread so thin that he suffuses everything. Then the light fades, and his life fades with it.

A suit of armor clatters to the ground like an empty shell.

"Archdemon, please withdraw. There is a more immediate threat to the sands now.
Fragments of Emptiness, I ask you to assist me. Save our home."

Awaken. Locate the source of this fissure. And FIX IT.
BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

5 , 5

The Emtpy calls, and its allies respond. The sand is already trying and failing to hold itself together, but the Archdemon rushes join it, accompanied by the newly-awakened fragments of Nothingness. Gyaweft bleeds out before they can arrive, having used the last of his energies to sculpt an axe from the Sunship, but the fissures he created remain. They grow wider, already threatening to tear the world apart, and the various creatures of Nothingness do their best to fill the gaps.

The archdemon uses its control over Nothingness to reinforce the sand and the various Fragments do their best to pull the sides of the fissures together, but neither is strong enough to address the underlying cause of the damage. They are mere pieces of a primordial, too weak to do anything other then delay the inevitable fragmenting of the sands. The Empty isn't whole either, but it is stronger than its fellows. It concentrates itself at the fissures' origin point, just below the craters, and forces the broken pieces of sand together.

The ground fuses, and gradually the fissures become mere fault lines. They remain buried beneath the earth, like old scars, but for now they do not threaten the sand's existence.

Hynsyr attempts to complete the creation of Einyar. Manipulating a piece of his soul to both fuse with the Sea of Light and connect his being with it. The Golden Realm of Einyar must be complete for even in death the spirits of his creations shall continue the Cycle. The Sacred Einyar where all beings created by him will return to either enter the Cycle of Rebirth or to pay their final tribute by becoming one with Hynsyr again.

Hynsyr pulls out a fragment of his own soul, and holds it beneath the surface of the sea. The two fuse, and the sea becomes connected to both the Titan and his creations, but something about the bond has been twisted. Maddening, eldritch thoughts pulse outwards through Einyar, cascading through Hynsyr and taking hold of the Lightfolk. Those who listen are driven into a murderous rage, killing their fellows so that the sea can absorb their souls. Only a few succumb to the insanity at first, but more will surely follow. Even Hynsyr himself has intrusive urges.

Harden a part of the slime around me to create a new sphere body, then harden more spheres from the rest of the ooze

The ooze AJAMA is inhabiting shapes itself into a perfect sphere, much like their original body. While it has become more durable and relatively solid, it also retains the black goop's ability to assimilate sand. Learning to control this assimilation might take practice, but AJAMA imagines that it could devour sand to heal their new body, or to grow larger, in much the same way that the ooze did before they became one with it.

The Demiurge also creates more, similar spheres from the remaining ooze, leaving behind only a small sample of the original substance. These feel similar to their current body when mentally examined, but unlike AJAMA or the sphere of nothingness, they do not have any spirit or guiding intelligence to command them.

"Aw fuck its all gone wrong."
Quickly put out the fires before it burns down the web, then help the deer men if their injured.

6 , 3

It is vital to put the fire out before it spreads to the rest of the web, but Dr. Bob is at a loss for what to do. He has no access to water, the sand is hundreds of feet below him, and even if he knew what a fire extinguisher was, he might not have time to make one. Without any other way to contain the blaze, he simply rips away the burning strands of webbing and hurls them to the ground. They fall until they are out of sight, leaving a small gap in the web where the star once was, but the remaining strands do not catch fire.

Some of the Deer-Men are heavily burned, but a quick head-count confirms that nobody has died. Dr. Bob sets to work bandaging their wounds, while his children work out a contract with Gral to improve their manual dexterity. The ones who are still conscious promise their creator that they will capture another star and use it to build an even better ship for him.

Gral flies over to the deer-men, and offers some of them a Pact: greater dexterity for their hands, in exchange for help on one project , to be determined in the future, leaving the Winged Spiderlings to further pursue the powers of Bargain.  The Brass Buzzards are sent to the Star  settlements closest to the fissures,  to propose a Pact: In exchange for  building one of the most basic temples to Bargain, a market, the Buzzards will teach them how to endure pain and hardship, and rise despite it.

4 , Deer-Men: 4+1

Gral circles above the crowd of Deer-Men and proposes a pact which will improve their craftmanship. They accept eagerly once Dr. Bob has reassures them, and marvel at their newfound dexterity when the contract takes effect. A few test the effects of the deal by weaving strands of Spiderling silk into nets, and find their capabilities to be greatly improved.

Meanwhile the Brass Buzzards fly to other nearby stars, to carry news of the Bargain to the Spiderlings and propose that a marketplace be built. The star-dwellers also accept the deal, but it becomes clear that something is wrong when work on the temple begins. The Buzzards are, technically, teaching the workers to endure pain and hardship, but they are doing it by acting as cruel taskmasters. Any that move too slowly are clawed and pecked until they overcome the torment and continue.

The Scarred Spiderlings gain preternatural endurance and strength as a result of their experience, and a sprawling market is built in record time, but their relations with the Buzzards have soured.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

-------------------

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:41:39 pm by Whisperling »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2019, 11:09:48 pm »

Ira deposits its soul back into its wounded body.

"I want to make a deal Gral; you heal me and I will owe you 3 favors that you can call upon at any moment.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:11:30 pm by MrThrowaway »
el basurero

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2019, 11:18:23 pm »

Hynsyr will attempt to use his bond with Einyar to reclaim control of his rogue fragment. Nothing shall be permitted to tarnish the light of the Cycle. Einyar will be one with Hynsyr or it shall be destroyed and reforged into it's proper glorious form.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2019, 11:31:48 pm »

"I want to make a deal Gral; you heal me and I will owe you 3 favors that you can call upon at any moment.

"Why, certainly! All you had to do was ask."

Using the power of Bargain, Gral  heals Ira's astral injuries,  changing them into fresh, immaculate soul-grafts. At the same time,  the Winged's best Weavers are sent to stabilize the  wounded worm, sealing the bleeding wounds, adhering organs to their proper places, and excising what cannot be fixed, Weaving the body back into its proper position all the while.

"My apologies, Nazir. It seems the Brass Buzzards are better at inflicting pain then learning from it. "
The Brass Buzzards attempt to intercept the wounded Archdemon,  seeking to shred its wings and cast it down to earth.

Hynsyr pulls out a fragment of his own soul, an holds it beneath the surface of the sea. The two fuse, and the sea becomes connected to both the Titan and his creations, but something about the bond has been twisted. Maddening, eldritch thoughts pulse outwards through Einyar, cascading through Hynsyr and taking hold of the Lightfolk. Those who listen are driven into a murderous rage, killing their fellows so that the sea can absorb their souls. Only a few succumb to the insanity at first, but more will surely follow. Even Hynsyr himself has intrusive thoughts.
"Deer-man, we may have to rethink our agreement. I'd rather not have that irrigating this world's crops."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2019, 12:28:15 am »

"Fragments, please heal the Archdemon. Excise that spider's poison so that it can continue to fight for us.
Meanwhile, I will create bodies for us."

The Empty trembles with anticipation. Things had been going too well. The next disaster would surely show itself soon.

Craft new bodies for me and the fragments. If they want them, of course. Fused obsidian like the archdemon, but smaller and humanoid. A form for living in, in the hopes that someday we can escape conflict...
These bodies will be called simply Shardforms. If shattered, each substantial piece can regrow itself into a fully sized Shardform with the help and permission of the sand, which provides the mass. Each descendant Shardform holds only a piece of the Empty Essence, but remains an individual living being.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:21:55 am by Egan_BW »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2019, 02:22:45 am »

Find the crack and expand it in any way possible, consume the sand around it, push the glass axehead if it's still there and have some of the spheres break into blades to push the sand apart.
"For us to live the sand must die!"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:59:59 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2019, 02:53:09 am »

Spit poison at brass buzzards who were most opressive, use assistance of order of stands and new kind of stronger and more enduring spiderlings in this

It seems, that creations of yours need to learn lesson of suffering themself

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2019, 02:55:48 am »

"If you leave us alone I see no reason for us to fight. But if you refuse I will kill you, Demiurge."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2019, 03:59:33 am »

"Well, I will give you the opportunity to build your bodies, but if the sands will fight us on their change and consumption, they will have to die, and I would like to get my old body back"
Help Ira and the dustwalkers fortress by having me and all the ooze spheres consume attacking sand.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2019, 08:28:13 am »

Spit poison at brass buzzards who were most opressive, use assistance of order of stands and new kind of stronger and more enduring spiderlings in this

“Oh, I’m sure they’re well aware of it. I wasn’t the one who created their poisoned attitudes. Still, it’s best we know of their nature now..”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2019, 08:32:31 am »

"Hey kids lets wait on building a ship for now, especially sense when we tried to make one it exploded and the one that Gyaweft made slammed into the ground and blew up."
Get the deer men follow me to the glass tower and see if I can get inside, then once inside see what items are around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2019, 10:10:00 pm »

"Why, certainly! All you had to do was ask."

Using the power of Bargain, Gral  heals Ira's astral injuries,  changing them into fresh, immaculate soul-grafts. At the same time,  the Winged's best Weavers are sent to stabilize the  wounded worm, sealing the bleeding wounds, adhering organs to their proper places, and excising what cannot be fixed, Weaving the body back into its proper position all the while.

"My apologies, Nazir. It seems the Brass Buzzards are better at inflicting pain then learning from it. "
The Brass Buzzards attempt to intercept the wounded Archdemon,  seeking to shred its wings and cast it down to earth.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Ira follows the lifeline back to its body, where it once again allows her flesh and spirit to merge. Sensation returns violently, causing her muscles to spasm as waves of pain run through her nerves and up into her newly-reconnected mind. The injuries she is currently suffering from are far greater than anything she has felt before, from the claw-wounds inflicted by the demons to the first obsidian spikes that were rammed through her. She calls out to Gral as the agony threatens to overwhelm her and the steel vulture descends from the web to make a deal.

The Contractor pulls lost essence out of the air, then uses it to fill the holes in Ira's spirit. The grafts take easily, and soon the World-Eater's soul is covered in patches of tender, unbroken skin instead of the astral pockmarks which littered it just moments ago. Gral's Aetherweaver servants also work to heal her, by repairing and reincorporating the viscera that surrounds her physical body. They tie pieces of flesh together with both silk and Aether, creating magical framework that seals Ira's wounds and heals the internal damage. When they finish, silk runs through the sandworm's body like a second set of veins.

-----------------------------------------

The Brass Buzzards fly away from the newly-built market. They dive to the bottom of the web, but before they can swoop down onto the Archdemon, they are confronted by a giant spider, larger than the Spiderlings that they have been abusing. Nazir spits webbing at the birds to hold them in the air, while behind it two groups of Spiderlings take aim at the cruel birds. The Order of Strands wraps barbed aetheric wire around the Buzzards' spirits, but they only leer at the Weavers. Those looks only transform into expressions of fear once the Scarred Spiderlings approach.

When the Buzzards make it to the glass crater, they are missing eyes, feathers, and large volumes of blood. They harry the Archdemon by swooping down and clawing at its eyes, but are too badly hurt to engage it more seriously.

Hynsyr will attempt to use his bond with Einyar to reclaim control of his rogue fragment. Nothing shall be permitted to tarnish the light of the Cycle. Einyar will be one with Hynsyr or it shall be destroyed and reforged into it's proper glorious form.

4 v 2

Hynsyr retaliates against Einyar by pushing his own will back into the sea. He seizes control of the soul-fragment at the source of the madness and suppresses it, forcing it to conform with his will. The sea of light trembles as it tries to sever its connection to the primordial, but it is only a small piece of Hynsyr's own might. The Titan overpowers it easily to keep the channel open, and soon the consciousness of the sea is within his grasp. The malicious part of the being shudders, cursing its creator's name, and retreats to the depths of the light. Its whispers of madness continue, emanating from somewhere beneath Einyar, but it is crippled, and afflicted Lightfolk regain their senses as the rest of the Golden Realm begins operating as intended.

"Fragments, please heal the Archdemon. Excise that spider's poison so that it can continue to fight for us.
Meanwhile, I will create bodies for us."

The Empty trembles with anticipation. Things had been going too well. The next disaster would surely show itself soon.

Craft new bodies for me and the fragments. If they want them, of course. Fused obsidian like the archdemon, but smaller and humanoid. A form for living in, in the hopes that someday we can escape conflict...
These bodies will be called simply Shardforms. If shattered, each substantial piece can regrow itself into a fully sized Shardform with the help and permission of the sand, which provides the mass. Each descendant Shardform holds only a piece of the Empty Essence, but remains an individual living being.

Several Fragments swirl around the Archdemon, tending to the wounds it received while fighting Ira. They find it easy to sweep away the aetheric webs hampering its spirit, and to repair what little spiritual damage the World-Eater inflicted while trying to possess it, but the incorporeal shards find it more difficult to tend to the acid burns littering its neck and head. Their control over the Nothingness does not seem to extend to manipulating physical objects, no matter how strong they may be in other respects.

The Empty decides to rectify this issue by creating humanoid Shardforms out of obsidian, similar in nature Archdemon's own body. Forming and shaping the black stone is a simple matter, with the sand's cooperation, but when the Empty transforms them into vessels they start soaking up Nothingness indiscriminately. It finds its own essence being sucked into the bodies, which expand like obsidian fractals as they feed on emptiness.

"Well, I will give you the opportunity to build your bodies, but if the sands will fight us on their change and consumption, they will have to die, and I would like to get my old body back"
Help Ira and the dustwalkers fortress by having me and all the ooze spheres consume attacking sand.

5 v 5

AJAMA joins Gral and Ira at the bone tree, which has already grown into the foundation of a fortress. The sand is currently inert, and both Ira and the Dustwalkers are currently busy tending to their wounds, but AJAMA attacks the sand anyway, in order to prevent it from returning to the fight later. The primordial brings its swarm of ooze spheres down to the ground, where they begin assimilating sand rapidly. The sand is slow to engage, but when it brings its attention back to the scene of the battle, large hands rise from the Dunes. They smack spheres back into the air before the hardened ooze can do any more damage.

"Hey kids lets wait on building a ship for now, especially sense when we tried to make one it exploded and the one that Gyaweft made slammed into the ground and blew up."
Get the deer men follow me to the glass tower and see if I can get inside, then once inside see what items are around.

Dr. Bob leads his children across the great web and towards a spire of glass that is only barely visible in the distance. He catches the Deer-Men eyeing a few of the larger stars that they pass, but they reluctantly stand down when he tells them to wait. They follow their creator to the highest part of the web, where empty sky finally becomes visible between strands of silk. The tower itself is the only other structure which rises to this altitude, and the group can navigate towards it by sight.

The spire's walls are smooth and unbroken, but for a Primordial gaining entrance is still a simple matter. Dr. Bob leads his group onto a thread that intersects with the glass, then punches a hole directly into one of the upper levels. Silicate shatters beneath his hands, creating a door that is functional, albeit somewhat jagged. Inside there is a spiral staircase that leads from the base of the tower to its top floor.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

-------------------

Spoiler: Daily-ish Tip (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2019, 10:41:07 pm »

Hynsyr will dig further to extinguish this madness for he will not suffer this stain upon his Light. Einyar must not be separate from his will in any way. Einyar is an extension of Hynsyr so no impurity must be allow upon the Sea of Light.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35