Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60499 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2019, 10:34:52 pm »

WHAT IS BROKEN MAY BECOME WHOLE ONCE MORE. AND YET-
No, I like myself the way I am. ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH chose to die. It would be pointless to kill what I am now to revive what I once was.
But these fragments remain, drifting unharnessed. Perhaps rather than absorbing them, I can do something else. Once again breathe life into something dead.

Sing out to my kindred, calling to them to wake up as I have. We who were once one shall become many.

Within its dream, the Empty grows a mouth to call out to the other fragments of itself. Many of the smaller shards remain inert, too scattered or weak to begin thinking again, but some of the larger pieces of nothingness are awakened by its voice. They form identities for the third or fourth time since ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH orginal manifestation, and these new forms become reflected in the Dreamscape. Essence grows, congeals, and compacts into a wide variety of new shapes, each bearing only vague similarities to the Empty itself. They vanish when their transformations are complete, leaving the barren sands of their mind so that they can once again enter the waking world.

The Empty is left alone, with only a few of the weakest, least distinct blobs of Nothing for company. With the air cleared, it can see the imaginary desert stretching off into infinity. Then fissures appear, and the Empty feels burning pain that is not the least bit imaginary.

Ira realizes it could not beat the Archdemon, Ira was too wounded, and the Archdemon too strong. Ira searches for some way to stay alive, to not become nothingness, and has an epiphany. The Archdemon is empty inside, it lacks a true soul. Ira attempts to transit her soul into the Archdemon, filling the emptiness and taking control of it's body.

Ira: 1 v Archdemon: 1+2
Dustwalkers: 1 v Sand: 3

Ira's projects her soul out of her body. There is a moment of complete nothingness when her sensory organs are stripped away, followed by the slow return of awareness as the World-Eater's essence collects itself into an astral form. The disembodied spirit is a mirror-image of Ira's sandworm body, and remains connected to it by an extremely thin strand of aether. The physical world is dim here, as if seen from a great distance, but the soul has no trouble locating the Archdemon. Sensing its mind is jarring, like slithering into a gap in reality.

Ira throws herself towards that hole, but the Demon's essence is stronger than she thought it would be. It rebuffs her easily by creating a barrier of Nothiness around itself, then focuses on the physical world so it can continue mauling Ira's body. The thread connecting it to her spirit grows thinner by the second.

The goo create a sphere from itself and I transfer my soul and essence to it, it will be my new body as this one is consumed by nothingness.

AJAMA: 6
Nothing: 3

AJAMA throws itself out of its own body. The Demiurge's jettisoned essence skips across space too quickly to become a spirit, but it can sense the Emptiness taking control of the black sphere body. Waves of nonexistence ripple across its surface as Primordial substance is overwhelmed by the non-flesh beneath, which shrugs it off like a cocoon. The thing emerging from the shell resembles AJAMA superficially, but it is actually a kind of shadow, made from Nothing rather than Something.

The original lands in the Ooze, which it gathers around itself to create a new vessel. The black goo is easy to manipulate, having already been accustomed to obeying AJAMA's commands, and moving it feels almost effortless, but its nature is not as flexible as raw sand. Instead of transforming into another generic black sphere, the Demiurge's new body remains as it is: a living mass of slime that is largely buried in the ground.

"Hay kids I need you guys to help me with this thing."
Get the deer men to help me make this star into a vehicle.

1 , 1

The deer-men have no idea how to turn a star into something else, and the thought probably wouldn't have occurred to them at all if Dr. Bob hadn't suggested it. Nonetheless, they do their best to help their creator, in their own naive way. This generally means punching the star as heard as they can, and hoping they carve it into the right shape before their hands are sliced to ribbons. Their first major innovation as a species is to use their antlers instead, but that strategy backfires when one of them wedges his horns in the preexisting crack. The head-shake he uses to dislodge himself splits the star open instead, allowing the fiery essence inside it to gush out. The explosion throws deer-men in every direction and sets a few of the nearest strands of webbing on fire.

Gyaweft examines the feeling for a few seconds then he flies at the maximun possible speed towards the ground.

The objective is hitting the ground at such speed that when combined with it's own power it will break the world into 9 worlds one for each, eliminating conflict bettween the great souls.

4 v 2

The feeling is new and strange, but not unpleasant. It reminds Gyaweft of when he first recognized his own existence.

It's a difficult sensation to process, and he is forced to abandon it while he focuses on tilting the Sunship downwards, but the armor can still feel an unformed thought echoing in the back of his mind. It stays with him as he descends, even though he is using his full attention to stoke the ship's engines. It falls faster and faster, pushed back towards the sands with every scrap of force that Gyaweft can muster. The sun descends from the sky like a blazing meteor. Armageddon begins when it strikes the ground.

Parts of the ship break apart, spintered by either the massive G-forces of the descent or the impact of a singularly traumatic reentry. Gyaweft's fire leaks through the hull and splatters across the sand like spilled blood, burning with enough intensity to turn sand into glass for miles around. The sky turns red with reflected light, then black with smoke and ash. The Smelter struggles to raise his head, but is rewarded by the sight of fissures spreading through the desert. The living world groans as it desperately struggles to hold itself together.

All is determined by the Bargain,  and  the Bargain is powered by the deals made within it. Using the skill of the Bargain,  Gral transfers the venom on its wing, infusing it within the recesses of the Shifting Bog. In exchange, it grants this land to the Steel Maggots , as part of a contract for ending hostilities.

The Winged that had not attended the conference of Nazir will continue tending to the wounds they made, binding the wounds in woven silk.  Those that did shall conference with the Brass Buzzards, in an attempt to awaken the power of Bargain within the Weavers. Any intrigued Weaver from the other tribes is welcome to attend, in exchange for an oath to never use their powers against Gral and those contracted to it.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Gral tears away the poisoned flesh of his wing and tosses it down towards the shifting bog. The chunk of hide sinks to the bottom, and the venom tainting it seeps into the swamp as well. Nazir's poison coalsesces as acid in the bottom of the marsh, and boils up to the surface as marsh gasses and foul algae. Then the Contractor offers the Steel Maggots a Bargain, shouted so loudly from his place in the Silken Nest that they can hear it on the sand, thousands of meters below. They may claim the bog as their homeland, if they accept the vulture's offering of peace. After a brief period of negotiation the larvae crawl into the marsh willingly, and vanish into its waters.

While Gral negotiates a ceasefire, its servants are busy with more practical matters. The winged Spiderlings which removed the maggots bandage their master carefully, with strands of silk tight enough to stop bloodflow, carefully positioned so that they do not impede Gral's flight. Despite the new, throbbing wound on its wing, the Contractor feels healthier than it did before.

Under the Buzzard's tutelage, the Winged Aetherweavers learn how to access the power of the Bargain. The first Weaving they develop is a Pact: a carefully-constructed lattice of aether which enforces a binding agreement between two consenting parties.

Gather all spiders adept in aether weaving to grant them lesson they should be prepared for now - weaving  own spirit to great web to be able to continue existence as spirits after demise, achieving immortality

As the sun falls from the sky and the world is enveloped in chaos, Nazir continues to speak to their gathered disciples. Fittingly, the next technique is one which will allow them to outlive the apocalypse to come, if they should die while the Nazir's Web still stands. It is a unique binding that will tie their spirits to the Web, allowing them to live on as immortal guardian spirits even after their bodies have died. While the Weaving is a difficult one, each student does their best to commit it to memory. This is not just a ward for keeping demons at bay, or a destructive spell to smite enemies. It is a solution to death itself.

No ascension has succeeded yet, although several members of the Order have tried and failed to become spirits as a means of overcoming the frailty of their bodies. Their fellows mourn their deaths, but the work continues, tirelessly. The assembled Spiderlings are driven to crack the secret. They feel they have no other option, now that the world is collapsing around them.

Hynsyr begins to pull his great light inwards. He attempts to use his power of creation and his connection to his children to carve a section of his being into The Sea of Light Einyar! Einyar would be the part of his soul that would automatically take in the spirits of all his creations that died and housed them until they could either be reborn into the world or merged back into his being.

Hynsyr allows his light to spread out into the desert, and crafts it into a Sea in the same way that he molded the Lightfolk. Radiance spreads across the sand like golden liquid, shining brilliantly even after the sun crashes into the earth and smog rises into the air, but it does not become Einyar. The vital aspect, which should connect the sea to the mortals to the Titan himself, is simply missing. The soul fragment which Hynsyr had hoped to add remains inside his body, and so the sea remains a mere sea. And so, when fire splashes across the ground and fissures appear in the earth, the souls of a few dead Lightfolk are lost.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2019, 11:00:51 pm »

(oof three 1's in a row, my lucks gotta rebound now  ;))

Ira can feel it's hold on the physical world weakening, Ira is closed to being absorbed back into the nothingness, back into her hell. Ira tries pushes through the Archdemons barrier with every fiber of it's being.
el basurero

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2019, 11:37:29 pm »

Hynsyr attempts to complete the creation of Einyar. Manipulating a piece of his soul to both fuse with the Sea of Light and connect his being with it. The Golden Realm of Einyar must be complete for even in death the spirits of his creations shall continue the Cycle. The Sacred Einyar where all beings created by him will return to either enter the Cycle of Rebirth or to pay their final tribute by becoming one with Hynsyr again.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2019, 05:16:43 am »

melt the sunship and turn it into the Dawn Axe.
Then jump inside the fissure and cut the world in two.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 08:13:06 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2019, 05:45:50 am »

(oof three 1's in a row, my lucks gotta rebound now  ;))

Ira can feel it's hold on the physical world weakening, Ira is closed to being absorbed back into the nothingness, back into her hell. Ira tries pushes through the Archdemons barrier with every fiber of it's being.

Shoot web and spit poison into archdemon

weavers of dustwalkers the time has cometh for you to use what you were taught in weaving, entangle the demon in spiritual webs and unravel its spirit

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2019, 05:53:30 am »

Harden a part of the slime around me to create a new sphere body, then harden more spheres from the rest of the ooze
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2019, 06:53:09 am »

"Aw fuck its all gone wrong."
Quickly put out the fires before it burns down the web, then help the deer men if their injured.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2019, 06:42:24 pm »

Have a bunch of work to do, so I think I'll need to delay today's turn.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2019, 09:41:05 pm »

"Archdemon, please withdraw. There is a more immediate threat to the sands now.
Fragments of Emptiness, I ask you to assist me. Save our home."

Awaken. Locate the source of this fissure. And FIX IT.
BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2019, 11:53:43 pm »

Gral flies over to the deer-men, and offers some of them a Pact: greater dexterity for their hands, in exchange for help on one project , to be determined in the future, leaving the Winged Spiderlings to further pursue the powers of Bargain.  The Brass Buzzards are sent to the Star  settlements closest to the fissures,  to propose a Pact: In exchange for  building one of the most basic temples to Bargain, a market, the Buzzards will teach them how to endure pain and hardship, and rise despite it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2019, 07:56:35 am »

"Hey kids ignore the bird, the "Future project" probably involves some bullshit that'll get you killed or something that'll take away your freedom."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2019, 09:34:40 am »

"Hey kids ignore the bird, the "Future project" probably involves some bullshit that'll get you killed or something that'll take away your freedom."
" Do you hate irrigation that much? Look, the way I see it, this is something that benefits both of us. You need that starship built, and I need people with hands in order to build my project. If it comforts you, I'll add a stipulation that won't force any unwanted Bargains on them."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2019, 10:37:08 am »

"Okay kids don't ignore the bird I was being paranoid, but how are we gonna irrigate stuff if there's no plants and the sand hates us?"

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2019, 11:07:37 am »

I don't want to interrupt you, but there is maniac trying to kill the world with flaming sword

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2019, 11:23:13 am »

“Fair point. I was initially planning on channeling a section of that glowing sea down to the Shifting Bog, creating a river.  That way, it could get a new influx of water, allowing for the creation of plants that could properly sustain itself. Given my relationship with the current inhabitants of the bog, convincing them of its value wouldn’t be as hard.  As for the sands,  so long as we do so incrementally, I doubt things will be a problem. All the workers on the ground can be airlifted out via myself, the Winged, or the Brass Buzzards, should thujngs get too hot down there. Of course, we’ll need something a little more substantial to make the system perpetual, which is where your kids  would come in. Do you think they could construct a machine that would cycle water to and from the ground?  Think of it as a reclaimed. When water would otherwise get too hot and leave the world , this machine would catch it, combine it into clouds, and then send it back down as rain.”
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:26:27 am by WyrdByrd »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35