Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Imperator: Rome - Paradox in Togas?!  (Read 25936 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Imperator: Rome - Paradox in Togas?!
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2020, 02:21:31 pm »

Thanks, I'll have to check it out sometime.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2020, 06:51:40 pm »

Just wanted to mention that a new DLC is coming out tomorrow with a free update.  While its questionable whether or not the DLC is worth it, the update to religions should be nice (although needs ironing out from the review that I read).

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2020, 10:26:12 am »

Just wanted to mention that a new DLC is coming out tomorrow with a free update.  While its questionable whether or not the DLC is worth it, the update to religions should be nice (although needs ironing out from the review that I read).
I think the DLC is definitely worth it if you want to play one of the nations it improves, and not if you don't. Like a lot of the EU4 DLC.

The important question about the update, though, is if it makes Imperator worth playing over any other Paradox game yet. Seems like not so much, but I'll give it a try anyway. Still thinking about as whom.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2020, 11:44:08 am »

Looks like the game is free for the next few days too, good time to check it out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2020, 03:42:22 am »

I have a nasty habit of playing as a barbarian tribe that exploits the migrating tribe mechanics to glob up tons of land, then uses said power-base to crush my enemies.  Who is everyone that my mission says is on land that it says I need to get Mission Completion.  Actually, missions tend to get me into more trouble than I feel they are worth, but some are vital, as its the only way to change from tribal to some sort of government that can actually do research.

I'm loving the new religion mechanics: they've really done a good job of fleshing out that screen, although for some reason it doesn't really click as something to guide my play style more than its something to exploit.  Hopefully now that they have a religious system framework, they can make the character really care about the religions.  Then again, maybe not-generic barbarians might have more there.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2020, 10:16:53 am »

MY impression of I:R is that it might make a decent platform for a good mod or fourty.

But I still havent played yet, so idk
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2020, 11:10:15 am »

MY impression of I:R is that it might make a decent platform for a good mod or fourty.

Problem is, nobody wants to mod a game where the base experience isn't that interesting.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2020, 12:43:37 pm »

It's buggy.  I've had several crashes to desktop.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2020, 01:30:08 pm »

It says a lot about a game when it's free for a few days and I still hesitate to try it because I have better stuff to play

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2020, 02:59:29 pm »

Problem is, nobody wants to mod a game where the base experience isn't that interesting.
Not coincidentally, the wiki is also pretty sparse and out of date.

It says a lot about a game when it's free for a few days and I still hesitate to try it because I have better stuff to play
I like the game, but this is indeed the gold standard for screwing up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2020, 08:56:08 am »

Not coincidentally, the wiki is also pretty sparse and out of date.

I like the game, but this is indeed the gold standard for screwing up.

In Imperator: Rome's defense, it was offered for free when a lot of really good games were being released or were on sale or offered for free, most notably Mount & Blade: Bannerlord.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2020, 03:08:19 pm »

Watching Imperator's playerbase explode on launch is a cautionary tale on how far you can dilute your own product before the captive addict market stages a revolt
Well this was absolutely fascinating to watch.

Notably, it's interesting that the last few ck2 DLCs have failed to provide much boost, while Stellaris DLCs and/or the patches accompanying them appear to briefly explode the playerbase again. I:R DLC/patches appear to have stably doubled the player count as well, that's just not very impressive when it's jockeying with Surviving Mars as a baseline.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2020, 03:18:30 pm »

CKII is also the oldest game on the list regularly getting over 1000 players a day, so that might also be a factor.

Honestly the most interesting thing to me was realizing that HoI4 is the most popular Paradox game of the past year or two. I had assumed EUIV or Stellaris still had that title.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12