Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Mook: Break Room  (Read 22460 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mook: Break Room
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2019, 12:35:59 pm »

I mean, so long all that hops bodies is memories.

But yeah they're setting it up so death isn't a punishment.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2019, 01:20:36 pm »

Eh, no sense in pointing it out until someone actually uses it to escape death.
There is definitely some sense in pointing it out before someone actually uses it to escape death. That way no one is butthurt because all their preparations were for nothing and they weren't told. Should always tell someone that what they're doing won't work/is against game rules while they're doing it, not afterwards when they're expecting it to take effect.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2019, 04:13:09 pm »

Alright, I gotta be honest, I did that because I'm lazy and I thought that making a character based on the classic Redshirt would be funny. So if I make a character who keeps respawning, maintaining stats and class, getting the standard issue equipment/stealing it off the back of his fresh corpse, well.
yeah.
Actually, that's how it works. I keep stats, sure, but I only get fresh equipment if my previous edition is irreparably destroyed. Otherwise, I have to retrieve it from whatever situation I died in. Does that sound fair/entertaining?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2019, 04:36:27 pm »

I do like the Redshirt concept, but you should play with the same new character respawning rules as everyone else. Respawn with just the basic skills and class equipment. Keep the exact same starting point, name, appearance, personality, and even memories if you want. You can still act very much like the redshirt character concept while working withing the same rules as everyone else.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:00 pm »

Well now I like the idea of having to constantly get my equipment back from bad situations. I shall start with non-intact items, and have to get everything else back from my corpse. This *does* include implants, although for plot reasons that brain one is determined to stay. No science for Immortal Man.

And when I say Implants, I mean that these suckers still match my character biologically and Omni is willing to reinstall them for a "small" fee, if I drag my corpse back to them.

Note to self- attain legal contract that says that all of Redshirts' corpses' possessions are the property of the current iteration of Redshirt.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2019, 08:50:00 pm »

It's adorable how you're talking about this as if you're the one who gets to decide these things.  I mean, it's totally possible that Piecewise would let you have a special respawning character, it wouldn't be the first time he'd allowed such a thing.  Buuut you're gonna have to ask him for it; if you just respawn without stat loss without asking, someone will point it out to PW, and he'll tell you to stop.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2019, 08:54:27 pm »

...yeah I should ask about the stats. But yes or no, I'm self-inflicting the "Loot your corpse" penalty. It's too good of an idea to not use on a character.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2019, 09:05:58 pm »

No you can't just respawn with the same stats. You can "respawn" in a meta way but In universe you're a new character. We will soon have access to methods to respawn in universe. Make use of those to keep yourself alive thus.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:39 pm »

Okies. Still looting corpse though
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2019, 12:48:24 am »

Yup.  Should be good money in selling your stuff off.  I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Also..

"We will soon have access to methods to respawn in universe"

Welp.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2019, 05:49:38 am »

I assume it's an upgrade over the insurance policy. Pay a fee to keep your skills after a single death, perhaps with some loss depending on quality. Pay another fee to keep your stats after a single death, perhaps with some loss depending on quality. Miss one level up.  Insert a coin to continue. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200$.

Also, since the items we get each time are not the same, those sort of things might not be available every time.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2019, 08:47:24 am »

I love how everyone in mook is hiding behind the janitors.

And also how there's only one janitor currently with teh group at all, so everyone is sort  of crouched behind Edd waiting for him to loot. and Edd's just standing in the doorway kinda waving people along.

Meanwhile Jon is in a closet, with no Apes in sight. Desu?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2019, 12:38:48 pm »

I'm not hiding behind the Janitor. I'm hiding behind WALLS so I can jump any symbiotes that run from lab.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2019, 03:31:01 pm »

"Ah yes." The man says, still apparently unperturbed, "I know the type. Real paranoid bunch ready to gun down their own shadows at the slightest provocation? Say no more. I shall be as silent as the corpse of an angry wife." He does a little 'zipped lips' motion to emphasize this.
I like this guy. He's not like that dithering nerd in the last mission. We've gotta rescue him and make him a recurring character!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2019, 11:39:11 am »

"Ah yes." The man says, still apparently unperturbed, "I know the type. Real paranoid bunch ready to gun down their own shadows at the slightest provocation? Say no more. I shall be as silent as the corpse of an angry wife." He does a little 'zipped lips' motion to emphasize this.
I like this guy. He's not like that dithering nerd in the last mission. We've gotta rescue him and make him a recurring character!
Indeed. That guy is the best. Even if he is secretly a demon, I suggest we rescue him and get him a job. If we can have anime monkeys, why not witty demons?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14