Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481920 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4620 on: February 15, 2022, 06:07:23 pm »

Get to the door next to the room full of gimps, and arm my squirrel-bot with the syringe from Pelican.  Then put the VR headset on.

"Here's the new weapon Jack.  Can you get the door for my squirrel-bot?"

Jack sighs and gets up from his chair "Yeah sure one second madam."

Open the door real quick for the squirrel bot then close it.

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4621 on: February 16, 2022, 05:32:25 pm »

((Does the arm change anything about my stats or is it purely ascetic?))
With just the one arm, no difference in stats yet. Replace the other and maybe. Doesn't bleed and can't be traditionally injured though so there's that.

"Oh god this is embarrassing."
Go try and pull the pipe off my head, if that fails have my robot friends help.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
You get the pipe off with some grease that one of your friends apparently got from within themselves. Huh...

Get to the door next to the room full of gimps, and arm my squirrel-bot with the syringe from Pelican.  Then put the VR headset on.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
Syringe attached to bot, headset on, sitting in the hall, ready to go!

Jack sighs and gets up from his chair "Yeah sure one second madam."

Open the door real quick for the squirrel bot then close it.

We'll assume you shove it into the room...if thats what Summer actually wants.

Get some painkillers or opiates while at Med HQ then go test my arm out.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Your new arm is...well mechanical from about the shoulder down. Looks kind of like a skinless arm, all the muscles replaced with bundles of black tubing of some kind. Moves like the old one, but can't feel pain. It can sense pressures ok, but not as precisely as before. Sort of like its half asleep.

Take the PE into a side corridor. Fully charge my Tesla gauntlet (if possible) and punch the PE with it
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gauntlet (click to show/hide)
Assuming its been charging the whole time (should probably track that as "charge 1/5, 2/5, etc) it deals 5d4 damage. [14] You punch the pain elemental square in the chest and are actually tossed back by the explosive force of your own attack. You sit up and see all thats left of the Elemental is a charred lower body and several blackened chunks of bone and meat.

Some time passes, when Baldwin kicks open the door before nonchalantly strolling in, dressed in a suit and carrying the gun. Hopefully the gas had dispersed by then.

He takes a puff from his pipe and clears his throat.

"Err-hm. Gentlemen. I come with an opportunity and a request."

He presents the weapon.

"What you see here, is no ordinary firearm but an artifact from a mythical place called the Neo-Detroit exclusion zone. Notice the fleshy bits growing out of it. As you can tell, Neo-detroit is not your typical run-of-the-mill city, but unlike H.E.L.L, Neo-Detroit has no rules, at least none that are set in stone. It is a dream-like realm powered by the imagination of a god-like maniac and as a result, anything can happen."

Baldwin Saunter's over to a computer in the office and then boots up a Powerpoint presentation he made before-hand.

"You can be walking down the road, and then suddenly be transformed into a creature that by no means should be able to walk."

Baldwin presses a button and an image of a 12 foot tall metal abomination that seems to be made of braided lamp posts and stop lights appears on a projector (this is an office room, of course it's got a projector). Baldwin presses unpause and the clip plays, showing the giant in motion, fighting against people.
Spoiler: From Here actually (click to show/hide)

"You can be admiring a beautiful sunset, up until the sky erupts into a hellscape before before personally coming down to attack you"

Baldwin plays footage he finds online of a "leak". Ideally something dramatic that aligns with what he is describing above.

Spoiler: source (click to show/hide)

"And sometimes, you have no idea wtf is happening to you at all. I mean look at this my friend, do have any idea what's going on? Imagine how it must FEEL!"

Baldwin plays appropriate footage from the red zone, certainly there must be something he found.

"If you're looking for new avenues of pursuing sensation, then you'll be hard-pressed to find a place that can beat Neo-detroit. You've got plenty of variety. From minor disturbances (Yellow zones) to realms of utter madness (the red zone). The red zones may push even your tolerances to the limits."

Baldiwn smirks as if to challenge them

"Does that sound interesting to you guys? If so, you can have it, and if you act now, I'll even throw in a massive civilian population you can experiment on entirely free of charge."

"Such a valuable offer does not come easily though. Since command is a bit uppity about creating portals, we'll have to move an existing one to the proper location instead. The portal you created here is the most convenient one for our purposes. We just need you guys to decouple it from the wall and allow us to shuttle it to Detroit where we can then install it in a nearby building."

"If you have any doubts about neo-Detroit's power, then I want to show you a little taste of what this city has to offer."

Baldwin points the occult gun "Fragile Darkness" at the massive mound of gimp flesh.

"Neo-Detroit changes those who visit it. It changed this gun, it changed myself" he says as he gestures to his bloody wings. "And it will most certainly change you. This weapon comes from a realm of dreams and has never been fired, so we will both get to see something new."

*dramatic gun cock*

"Are you ready to change your life?"

Before Baldwin enters the room, he finds a suit to change into and gathers footage to create a PowerPoint presentation that is as close to the above ideal scenario as possible (using internet, my cable subscription, or company files). He may need to wheel in a projector as well. He's gonna pitch Neo-Detroit BABY!!!

As for the gun, aim it at the mass of Gimpflesh, but position it in such a way that it will head towards the Pain portal if the shots over-penetrate. Only shoot it if the Gimps actually request me to or they seem unenthusiastic.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
The Gimps do seem fairly interested in this place known as "Detroit" but they wonder if your superiors would actually allow them to have an unregulated portal on the surface of this world.

"They have been rather against such things before." The Gimpball says.

"Heeey, guys, Wilfred here.  Just want to warn you, in a few minutes I'll be handing over a portal to the pain dimewnsion over to that old bastard Derp.  It's probably not gonna have any negative consequences for any of us, but just in case, you might want to be somewhere the pain elementals aren't.  And mute me and Kora too.  Just in case.  Don't worry, I've already accepted all the consequences this might result in!  Fuck Derp."

In local speech, he says the following: "Kora.  Ride's over, the fun part starts now.  Give me all your explosives, put on the blindfold, and wear those earplugs.  Or maybe just start running, though I want one of those frags first.  I'll buy you two replacements if I have to use it.  Oh, and stand behind me, unless you want me to shoot you.  Should probably stay still, too."

I didn't specify to leave inventory behind when fetching the TTS gear, but I'm gonna say almost all of Wil's inventory was left behind at his apartment.  Kora has been brought along.  Wait for, oh, three or four minutes before opening the door, and get some stuff ready during that time:

First, I recall Wil programing his robot body in the Derp mission to fire on anything that moved, without his input.  Hilariously, it resulted in him shooting allies as well.  Anyway, dig that program up, and have it run on the hardsuit.  If that's impossible, oh well, nevermind.

Second, prepare a speech-to-text message which states in a robotic voice: "Movement will be fired upon.  Remain still."  Make sure this begins to play on repeat as soon as the door is told to open.

Third, ensure the TTS earplugs are functioning, and set all cameras to 0.2 FPS, updating at the same time.  Ensure the hardsuit is locked.  Ensure the atmosphere is self-contained.  All senses should be accounted for.  In the hardsuit's right hand, hold the generic pistol.  In its left hand, the pain portal box, and a frag grenade.  If the hardsuit's hand isn't large enough to hold both, sit down first and make sure both are in easy reach.

Once the wait is over, trigger the door to open, while the pistol is held at the ready.  Further action depends on what is seen.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)
Give Wil a frag and an rpg.
"Be sure to use it then, I want more of 'em."

Suppress my senses using the provided equipment and prepare for the show. Or the audiobook version of the show, at least.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
After all preparations are made, Wilfred triggers the door and waits for both the door to open fully and for his cameras to catch up. The room beyond is a cube, with solid walls on all sides except the floor, which is a deep pit. Deep enough he can't see the bottom despite all the spotlights pointing around the room. In the center of this room is the cell, hanging from a single long cable. The cell itself is a metal frame holding windows on all sides. However, those windows are made out of some manner of glass that heavily blurred and distorted the light passing through it. As a result, the figure within was only visible as a hazy shadow with no distinct features.

Directly in front of the door is a small platform and an extending bridge along with its control panel. According to the speech to text program there's a great deal of white noise being played in this room...or perhaps the air is being rapidly circulated? Its impossible to tell from what the program displays.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: February 16, 2022, 06:35:40 pm »

The Gimps do seem fairly interested in this place known as "Detroit" but they wonder if your superiors would actually allow them to have an unregulated portal on the surface of this world.

"Who says it'd be unregulated? When I offered you Detroit, I was only offering Detroit and not a centimeter of land outside of it. The place is massive, but it's surrounded by a wall that is 'fuck-off' levels of tall, and manned by the army and several automated defenses. Though you may not be able to be killed permanently, you'd have to repeat a several miles-long treck from the portal to the wall each and every time one of you got blown into sufficiently small smithereens. And that's not counting if the hostile landscape kills you first.

"Even if you did have the capabilities to breach the wall, that would be a violation of the terms of service and all of our previous agreements would be rendered void. No more annual stubbing of the toe, or any of the other escalations you made us do. I heard you created quite a madhouse in here. Do you really want to throw all of that away?

"Anyway, I was under the impression that you were creatures of honour. I don't know why you would have agreed to close the door the first time, just for a handlful of stubbed toes if there wasn't some principal behind it.

"Trust me, command agreeing is not an issue."

Reassure the Gimps about command's possible reluctance. Once we come to an informal agreement, go to command and tell them about how the Gimps agreed to let us move the door to a place in neo-Detroit of our choosing. Then tell them about the massive flesh portal we saw a while back and make the argument that dumping the door in the pocket dimension there technically counts as dumping it in neo-Detroit (Baldwin may not know what's inside the portal, but I'm sure Tara informed command during the debrief. Command can figure out the details such as what to do about the portal's inhabitants).

EDIT: Changed the location for containment from the Xeno's paradox chamber to the new one.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:01:59 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: February 17, 2022, 05:06:59 am »

"Thanks guys for the assist, also can we refrain from using our internal lubrication for stuff outside our bodies."
Since I can't really think of anything to aid in the situation I shall instead push the button on the mysterious remote a few times and see if that does anything.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: February 17, 2022, 11:41:11 pm »

Proceed into the pain dimension with the chemically-armed squirrel-bot.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: February 19, 2022, 04:52:19 am »

Well, now that negotiations have started I am outside my wheelhouse. In lieu of something better to do, search the remains of the various dead PEs for any trophies, keepsakes, or otherwise useful loot.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4626 on: February 19, 2022, 04:51:23 pm »

Hrm.  Well, try and shut down the main door before proceeding.  No reason to give him a chance to run past.  Then extend the walkway, and go up to the main cell cube.  If there's a simple "open door" option, repeat the prior procedure while opening that door.  Automated "shoot on move" warning.  Pistol, doomcube, and grenade all ready.  0.2 FPS.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4627 on: February 19, 2022, 05:00:21 pm »

Stay behind the hard cover of a big exosuit. Listen in through TTS earbuds.

"So what are we looking at here, Wil?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: February 20, 2022, 11:49:33 am »

They seem to want a portal into HELL rather than just a single citizen of it.
[2]
You attempt to convince command that HELL is the perfect place to send pain obsessed immortals. It honestly does make sense. Command is very non-committal though: they seem to worry that giving the Pain elementals access to hell might come back to bite humanity in the future.

Hmm. I didn't really intend to put 'offer portal to HELL' on the table, or at least not yet.

Try to negotiate down into them accepting one or more HELL citizens this time rather than the full portal.
As a carrot, imply that maybe next time they can negotiate up to full access, but for now it's too much. We'll deliver them right to this door, no effort on their part.
As a stick, point out that some of our teammates have more and stronger anesthetics they might want to test on them, but if we go grab those demons for them they'll be too busy to do that.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:55:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: February 20, 2022, 12:03:52 pm »

Jack sits back in his chair and gets comfortable once more "It aint much but its honest work."

Chill in my chair and watch out for any shenigans

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: February 20, 2022, 06:24:08 pm »

Keep observing how my teammate's plans work out.

Meanwhile, see if the Omniscient Network can find any info and/or footage or camera feeds on the torture core

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4631 on: February 20, 2022, 09:18:04 pm »

"Who says it'd be unregulated? When I offered you Detroit, I was only offering Detroit and not a centimeter of land outside of it. The place is massive, but it's surrounded by a wall that is 'fuck-off' levels of tall, and manned by the army and several automated defenses. Though you may not be able to be killed permanently, you'd have to repeat a several miles-long treck from the portal to the wall each and every time one of you got blown into sufficiently small smithereens. And that's not counting if the hostile landscape kills you first.

"Even if you did have the capabilities to breach the wall, that would be a violation of the terms of service and all of our previous agreements would be rendered void. No more annual stubbing of the toe, or any of the other escalations you made us do. I heard you created quite a madhouse in here. Do you really want to throw all of that away?

"Anyway, I was under the impression that you were creatures of honour. I don't know why you would have agreed to close the door the first time, just for a handlful of stubbed toes if there wasn't some principal behind it.

"Trust me, command agreeing is not an issue."

Reassure the Gimps about command's possible reluctance. Once we come to an informal agreement, go to command and tell them about how the Gimps agreed to let us move the door to a place in neo-Detroit of our choosing. Then tell them about the massive flesh portal we saw a while back and make the argument that dumping the door in the pocket dimension there technically counts as dumping it in neo-Detroit (Baldwin may not know what's inside the portal, but I'm sure Tara informed command during the debrief. Command can figure out the details such as what to do about the portal's inhabitants).

EDIT: Changed the location for containment from the Xeno's paradox chamber to the new one.

[2]
The response back from command is "No".

Thats it. When you try to call them back they don't pick up.

"Thanks guys for the assist, also can we refrain from using our internal lubrication for stuff outside our bodies."
Since I can't really think of anything to aid in the situation I shall instead push the button on the mysterious remote a few times and see if that does anything.
Can ya remind me where you got that? I honestly forget and I can't find it when searching the thread. Apologies.

Proceed into the pain dimension with the chemically-armed squirrel-bot.

You send the squirrel bot into the pain dimension. Someone has to.

I'm not gonna describe the occurrences in the pain dimension because we're trying to keep this PG-13 around here. And needless to say the shit happening through there would [Redacted] a slippery [Redacted] with a [Redacted] on [Redacted] like the neck of a goose. The bot is in there though. Kind of floating? Doesn't seem to be ground in the way we'd describe it.

Well, now that negotiations have started I am outside my wheelhouse. In lieu of something better to do, search the remains of the various dead PEs for any trophies, keepsakes, or otherwise useful loot.
Dead PE's seem to melt almost immediately into a puddle of blood and leave nothing behind, not even any clothing or piercings they have.

They seem to want a portal into HELL rather than just a single citizen of it.
[2]
You attempt to convince command that HELL is the perfect place to send pain obsessed immortals. It honestly does make sense. Command is very non-committal though: they seem to worry that giving the Pain elementals access to hell might come back to bite humanity in the future.

Hmm. I didn't really intend to put 'offer portal to HELL' on the table, or at least not yet.

Try to negotiate down into them accepting one or more HELL citizens this time rather than the full portal.
As a carrot, imply that maybe next time they can negotiate up to full access, but for now it's too much. We'll deliver them right to this door, no effort on their part.
As a stick, point out that some of our teammates have more and stronger anesthetics they might want to test on them, but if we go grab those demons for them they'll be too busy to do that.

[2]
A few denizens of anywhere is all fine and good but they want something....more. Something more permanent. If not a direct portal, at least a relatively constant supply of...new friends. When you threaten Anesthetics they simply smile and nod politely, as though speaking to a slightly slow child.

"Yes, I'm sure you do. Your superiors tried many such things on us before. They make sensation fuzzy but, that is a new sensation all its own! Though, I must admit, it isn't our favorite."

Jack sits back in his chair and gets comfortable once more "It aint much but its honest work."

Chill in my chair and watch out for any shenigans

*yawn*

Watching for threats. Big job and all. Really wish this place had some rocking tunes or something to pass the time. All this talking to masochists is kind of dragging on. You prefer just shooting and worrying about things later.

Keep observing how my teammate's plans work out.

Meanwhile, see if the Omniscient Network can find any info and/or footage or camera feeds on the torture core

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[2]
The thing freezes and needs to be rebooted.

Stay behind the hard cover of a big exosuit. Listen in through TTS earbuds.

"So what are we looking at here, Wil?"

Hrm.  Well, try and shut down the main door before proceeding.  No reason to give him a chance to run past.  Then extend the walkway, and go up to the main cell cube.  If there's a simple "open door" option, repeat the prior procedure while opening that door.  Automated "shoot on move" warning.  Pistol, doomcube, and grenade all ready.  0.2 FPS.

Wil slowly finds the panel to close the outer door and does so. Then he slowly walks to the panel to extend the pathway and does so.  The walk across this pathway is pretty nerve-wracking honestly, considering it was apparently not made with armor suits in mind and diverging too far one way or another would result in him falling blindly into the abyss...something his sense dampening might hide from him for the first few precious moments. Eventually he makes it to the cube exterior and there's a keypad next to the door. He activates it with the code given to him by command and then moves in. The area inside the cube is...something like a rather nice apartment, all things considered. Very spartan, but he's got a desk, dresser, a bed, a book case with books, even a tv. The man himself is standing beside the desk, apparently having just stood up. He's wearing what look like pajama pants.  He looks significantly older than before, with a beard and graying hair. He's missing one arm and has several large surgical scars on his chest and abdomen. He's staring at you, but since you haven't shot him he must not have moved. The Earplugs don't say anything either.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: February 20, 2022, 09:48:24 pm »

[2]
A few denizens of anywhere is all fine and good but they want something....more. Something more permanent. If not a direct portal, at least a relatively constant supply of...new friends. When you threaten Anesthetics they simply smile and nod politely, as though speaking to a slightly slow child.

"Yes, I'm sure you do. Your superiors tried many such things on us before. They make sensation fuzzy but, that is a new sensation all its own! Though, I must admit, it isn't our favorite."

Hmm. Maybe we can work with this.

Get back to command, and ask if it would be possible to set up a one-way portal from HELL (or equivalent) to the pain dimension, so that any demons wandering into the portal get sent to the pain dimension for the gimps to do with as they please, but which prevents the gimps from getting into HELL themselves.

If this would be possible, check if they are ok with this, and if yes inquire what it would take to set this up.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 09:55:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: February 21, 2022, 04:36:56 am »

Can ya remind me where you got that? I honestly forget and I can't find it when searching the thread. Apologies.
(I'm not sure anymore I think it was from the mission before the Detroit one.)

Ask the ghost fox to find something that'll get rid of the gimps, then while the fox does that I guess I'll play cards with my robot friends.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: February 21, 2022, 05:02:27 am »

Al goes to find Jack "Aye ye feck'n see this shite?" hoists robotic arm "Cannae ye do feck'n something about those gimps after what the shite eaters did nay teh me arm?"

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 334