Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482002 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4575 on: February 05, 2022, 05:56:12 pm »

"Does anyone have a welding torch? Perhaps we should just cut out the doorway and carry it out of the room. Maybe we can throw it in a sun then."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: February 05, 2022, 06:11:10 pm »

"What, and have them infest the sun?  Nah, I think we just need to bore them to death.  Or go to the other side and cause problems so that they cut us off willingly."

"Although.. maybe not the sun?  Deep space somewhere might work."

"Although.. vacuum exposure is another sensation.  Gah, this is hard."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 06:20:52 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: February 05, 2022, 07:10:40 pm »

"I mean.. if I knock some of them out, do you think any of you can destroy their minds?  That'll cause casulties."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: February 05, 2022, 07:19:34 pm »

Ed, staying back and somewhat out of sight, sends a message through either the team's radio or via mail.
((I'm not sure if we all have earpieces/headsets. I just don't want the gimps to hear))

There were several past incursions of the pain elementals after the accidental creation of the "Door to the Pain dimension" 32 years ago. In the first case the entire area was walled off with 10 foot thick tungsten plates and encapsulated in a faraday cage. This worked for a short period until it became obvious the "dimension" was spreading and engulfing the area. After this the standard violence was tried at varying levels. This also failed because the elementals are, of course, immortal to some degree. Forcibly closing the door also failed. In that first incursion and every subsequent one they elementals eventually left of their own accord after binding agreements were signed to force the employees of the company to engage in some kind of "Ritual of Sensation".  The initial agreement was the "Annual stubbing of one toe" but the severity of the injuries have been increasing every time.

Analysts believe the elementals are "Working up to" something horrible.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: February 05, 2022, 09:52:19 pm »

"Okay, got some gas here.  Good to see you've got them trussed up."

Move the anaesthetic gas bomb into the gimp room.  Then, leave the room and have the squirrel-bot open the valve from a distance.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 10:13:17 pm by Devastator »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: February 05, 2022, 10:02:34 pm »

Drunkenly drag myself to the medical department of HQ to get shit done about my arm.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4581 on: February 06, 2022, 12:35:58 am »

((Thank you for sharing in-character, Pancaek.  I love these pain elementals, kinda wish my char were more appropriate for having a nice discussion with them.))

Respond to management for why we should give the cube to Derp:

"It's a deal with the pain elementals.  Kinda like the contracts we've made in the past, but this time no employees have to be part of those experiencing mew sensation.  It's a win-win."

Dev suggested I remind you of the context around this action.  I don't really see why it's necessary, but hey whatever.  Wilfred really hates Derp, and spent so long forcing himself to think about how to hurt Derp and repeatedly voice these sadistic fantasies that he's ended up with something like PTSD over it.  Occasionally breaking out and insulting Derp at random, and generally just having an overriding fear and hatred of the man--who he never actually got to hurt, and who he knows is now under protection and largely unharmed.  Thus, he chatted about his sadism with the pain elementals, and they offered a way to show Derp true unadulterated pain unlike anything Wilfred himself could really inflict... which sounds awesome to Wil!  So he's trying to get the pain cube to Derp in order to inflict that agony.  He hasn't really thought about the possibility of Derp mind controlling the pain dimension (I have.  I think it'd be funny).  He's not against the concept of this maybe helping contain the PEs, but it's not why he's doing it.  Note how he's not explicitly saying the PEs will go away after this deal.  He's just saying it is a deal (it is; they agreed to hurt Derp for him), and that it's kinda like the contracts made in the past--which it is, there's an agreement for someone to suffer pain.

Also, Wilfred is drunk right now.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4582 on: February 06, 2022, 12:37:36 am »

Wake up and add:

"And it'd be sicknasty."

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: February 06, 2022, 04:09:04 am »

"You guys sure do have a strange way of talking."
Since I can't think of anything that'll help the situation I'll just ask my robo friends how they think we should get the gimps to go back home.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: February 06, 2022, 08:21:19 pm »

Jack looks around fidgeting in place for a couple of minutes before going to grab a chair
My legs are getting tired im going to go grab a chair then continue guarding the entrance

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: February 07, 2022, 12:04:08 pm »

Now we're getting somewhere. See if I can't find what subsequent "ritual fo sensations" demanded. Or at least what the last known one was, to see how close these pain elementals might be to the "something terrible" they're working up to. Send an e-mail to the analysts who worked on this back in the day if need be.

Besides that, keep monitoring the room via both regular camera's where available and via the Omniscient Network. Pay special attention to Summer's ploy with the gas.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: February 07, 2022, 01:54:32 pm »

Leave the room to avoid the obviously bomb-shaped object Summer placed down. Use this time to go search for a detour that can get me to the other side of the wall the Pain-Dimension (PD) door is placed-on (ie. try to access the space the PD door would have lead to to if it was a physical door rather than a dimensional one)

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: February 08, 2022, 04:23:56 am »

[4][2]
The Gimps all gather around and watch patiently as you cover them in goo. They seem mildly interested until you finish covering them in gunk and then talk to each other for a while, seemingly discussing your speech. I say "Seemingly" because a lot of them lack the capacity to speak in normally so a fair amount of it is just squishy meat noises. However, when they do finally finish they all turn to you. The one nearest you speaks for the group.
"It is an interesting proposition, however we believe it lacks some fundamental understanding of our natures. We are not masochists' seeking ultimate pain, we are explorers of sensation. If we just wanted pain we'd activate our nervous systems to just feel constant agony forever. Simple.
Your analysis is right to a degree though: context matters a great deal in sensation. A lick from a beautiful woman and a lick from a camel may have similar outcomes but very different sensations. The mind is a wonderful filter through which all sensation may be given extra depth.  As such, lack of sensation is not what we would classify AS sensation."
"The dark is not a new color of light." One of the others interjects.
"Yes, quite. So while you do make an interesting point I believe it is fundamentally flawed from our perspective."
The Gimps don't seem to be struggling against the goo, by the way. They seem a lot more interested in talking the philosophy of sensation seeking.

"Aah, I see! This has been most enlightening, thank you.

Now, if you agree that the nature and disposition of a mind matters greatly for how it processes, and thus experiences, sensations, would it stand to reason that very different minds and bodies alien to our own would have some unique perspectives to offer? Hell, there are creatures out there with completely different senses than what we have acces to, that can see colors or hear sounds that we could only ever crudely approximate, just to give an example.

Because, and don't take this the wrong way, it does seem like all of you still adhere to a fairly basic humanoid body plan and memeplex, so I think there is much more we could learn if we expanded our horizons!

How about this: if we can find you an interesting creature with which you can plunge new depths of perception and feeling, you will in turn go back to your home, take your stuff with you and and let us close that door. Our janitors can't do the scheduled cleaning of this room while it's in use and they are getting antsy about it. Union regs, you know how it goes.

Do we have a deal?"

More diplomancing.

Should they be open to our proposition, start researching what our options are for finding a suitable strange creature that'd meet their requirements. Some sort of alien species? Maybe a weird animal of some sorts? Or perhaps the lab boys could cook something up? Or, as you mentioned in the discord, a denizen of HELL? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 04:26:13 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4588 on: February 08, 2022, 02:51:58 pm »

Drunkenly drag myself to the medical department of HQ to get shit done about my arm.

Getting to the Medical department proves easy enough. They want 200 omni to sew your arm back together.

((Thank you for sharing in-character, Pancaek.  I love these pain elementals, kinda wish my char were more appropriate for having a nice discussion with them.))

Respond to management for why we should give the cube to Derp:

"It's a deal with the pain elementals.  Kinda like the contracts we've made in the past, but this time no employees have to be part of those experiencing mew sensation.  It's a win-win."

Dev suggested I remind you of the context around this action.  I don't really see why it's necessary, but hey whatever.  Wilfred really hates Derp, and spent so long forcing himself to think about how to hurt Derp and repeatedly voice these sadistic fantasies that he's ended up with something like PTSD over it.  Occasionally breaking out and insulting Derp at random, and generally just having an overriding fear and hatred of the man--who he never actually got to hurt, and who he knows is now under protection and largely unharmed.  Thus, he chatted about his sadism with the pain elementals, and they offered a way to show Derp true unadulterated pain unlike anything Wilfred himself could really inflict... which sounds awesome to Wil!  So he's trying to get the pain cube to Derp in order to inflict that agony.  He hasn't really thought about the possibility of Derp mind controlling the pain dimension (I have.  I think it'd be funny).  He's not against the concept of this maybe helping contain the PEs, but it's not why he's doing it.  Note how he's not explicitly saying the PEs will go away after this deal.  He's just saying it is a deal (it is; they agreed to hurt Derp for him), and that it's kinda like the contracts made in the past--which it is, there's an agreement for someone to suffer pain.

Also, Wilfred is drunk right now.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)
Wake up and add:

"And it'd be sicknasty."

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[4][10]

Through some sort of drunken charisma and intense insistence Wilfred somehow convinces the higher ups that the box MUST be delivered to Mr. Friend less some sort of horrible devils bargain will be the only alternative. They make one condition for this: Wilfred himself must deliver it and bear any consequences there of.  Kora groggily wakes up to add it would be "Shickp Nasptsy".

"You guys sure do have a strange way of talking."
Since I can't think of anything that'll help the situation I'll just ask my robo friends how they think we should get the gimps to go back home.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
They recommend tricking them. Making them think they're getting something good and leaving of their own accord.

Also something about a turkey and a hollow stump. Couldn't follow that part.

Jack looks around fidgeting in place for a couple of minutes before going to grab a chair
My legs are getting tired im going to go grab a chair then continue guarding the entrance

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
You drag a chair from a nearby office and sit down in the hall. You start sitting upright and attentive but quickly start spinning out of boredom and then just laying as far back as you can.

Leave the room to avoid the obviously bomb-shaped object Summer placed down. Use this time to go search for a detour that can get me to the other side of the wall the Pain-Dimension (PD) door is placed-on (ie. try to access the space the PD door would have lead to to if it was a physical door rather than a dimensional one)

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
The room behind the pain dimension door is a supply closet. It contains no pain elementals or anything of the sort, sadly. Damn impossible space.

Now we're getting somewhere. See if I can't find what subsequent "ritual fo sensations" demanded. Or at least what the last known one was, to see how close these pain elementals might be to the "something terrible" they're working up to. Send an e-mail to the analysts who worked on this back in the day if need be.

Besides that, keep monitoring the room via both regular camera's where available and via the Omniscient Network. Pay special attention to Summer's ploy with the gas.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[2]
Can't find nothing boss.

[4][2]
The Gimps all gather around and watch patiently as you cover them in goo. They seem mildly interested until you finish covering them in gunk and then talk to each other for a while, seemingly discussing your speech. I say "Seemingly" because a lot of them lack the capacity to speak in normally so a fair amount of it is just squishy meat noises. However, when they do finally finish they all turn to you. The one nearest you speaks for the group.
"It is an interesting proposition, however we believe it lacks some fundamental understanding of our natures. We are not masochists' seeking ultimate pain, we are explorers of sensation. If we just wanted pain we'd activate our nervous systems to just feel constant agony forever. Simple.
Your analysis is right to a degree though: context matters a great deal in sensation. A lick from a beautiful woman and a lick from a camel may have similar outcomes but very different sensations. The mind is a wonderful filter through which all sensation may be given extra depth.  As such, lack of sensation is not what we would classify AS sensation."
"The dark is not a new color of light." One of the others interjects.
"Yes, quite. So while you do make an interesting point I believe it is fundamentally flawed from our perspective."
The Gimps don't seem to be struggling against the goo, by the way. They seem a lot more interested in talking the philosophy of sensation seeking.

"Aah, I see! This has been most enlightening, thank you.

Now, if you agree that the nature and disposition of a mind matters greatly for how it processes, and thus experiences, sensations, would it stand to reason that very different minds and bodies alien to our own would have some unique perspectives to offer? Hell, there are creatures out there with completely different senses than what we have acces to, that can see colors or hear sounds that we could only ever crudely approximate, just to give an example.

Because, and don't take this the wrong way, it does seem like all of you still adhere to a fairly basic humanoid body plan and memeplex, so I think there is much more we could learn if we expanded our horizons!

How about this: if we can find you an interesting creature with which you can plunge new depths of perception and feeling, you will in turn go back to your home, take your stuff with you and and let us close that door. Our janitors can't do the scheduled cleaning of this room while it's in use and they are getting antsy about it. Union regs, you know how it goes.

Do we have a deal?"

More diplomancing.

Should they be open to our proposition, start researching what our options are for finding a suitable strange creature that'd meet their requirements. Some sort of alien species? Maybe a weird animal of some sorts? Or perhaps the lab boys could cook something up? Or, as you mentioned in the discord, a denizen of HELL? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

[3]

"We are always looking for new explorers in the realm of sensation! New lands to conquer, as it were."

They listen to your explanation about HELL

"Ah, interesting. They seem rather uncivilized, but they do also seem to have their hearts in the right place."

"Yes! Removing the entire skeleton from someone all in one instant! What wonderful skill".

"Rowdy is just another word for enthusiastic."

They seem to approve of the idea of spreading their ideas and practices in HELL.

"Okay, got some gas here.  Good to see you've got them trussed up."

Move the anaesthetic gas bomb into the gimp room.  Then, leave the room and have the squirrel-bot open the valve from a distance.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Summer twists open the valve and rolls the tank of gas into the room before slamming the door.  Any  team member still in the room and with lungs and tissue to be effected by the gas almost immediately passes out.  The Gimps, whose anatomy is clearly very different from humanity considering the fact that most should be dead from their injuries, seem mildly annoyed by the gas but not rendered unconscious. They complain it makes their sensations "Fuzzy".

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: February 08, 2022, 05:44:53 pm »

Blubber something about "Damn fat cat bluecoats" or whatever and give the two-hundred omni but also see if I can convince the med staff to improve my arm as well, maybe for a bit more omni.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 334