Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482160 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4560 on: January 31, 2022, 11:44:00 pm »

Whack on Ji's limbs until they bend the right way. Use a toolkit charge. Have my remaining zombie chickens assist by holding the subject still, buffing and polishing the subject, checking the subject's wiring, and in general doing zombie chicken technician things.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4561 on: February 01, 2022, 05:47:11 am »

"Well that was anticlimactic."

"Could somebody please repair my body. Burt, if nobody repairs my body, could I borrow a animal robot for little bit?"
"If you want to you can use the frog, I'm sure he wont mind."

Deactivate the shield belt and go see what the robots think of the situation.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: February 01, 2022, 06:18:45 am »

If Bob fixes my body, re-inhabit it. Otherwise possess the Frog bot Burt offered me.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: February 01, 2022, 08:21:43 am »

"Agreed. Not that I'm complaining. Happy to discover this is such a good bit of cover though!" He said, slapping the mechsuit on the robobutt. "You can fit so many wimps behind this bad boy."

"Oh?" The increasing number of Gimps respond, "What exactly is your proposition?"

If it can be done without a (tech) roll, disable the cognition copier for a bit (in the sense it doesn't make backups until turned back on). If not ignore this step.

Yagyu walks to the gimps and starts talking.

Well then, with that distraction out of the way, if I may lay out my proposal?

Then, he motions for any of them that have wandered off to get closer to the main group again. He then slowly starts gooping the group together, starting at the feet and working his way up while he continues talking.

"So, as it relates to pain, the difference between shattering a rock and a man's femur is, of course, that the former has no nervous system to register it, no perception to appreciate the agony. However, for the latter it is not the nerve sending up the signal that encodes the pain per se, but rather the mind that accepts and processes this input."

"If we now take into account that there are many people who would prefer suffering great physical damage over, say, the loss of a loved one, we can see that there are more types of distress we can account for than just the physical. This then reminded me of a old quote by some forgotten philosopher, that 'all of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone'."

"And you know what, I think there is a great truth to this! And so, this is my hypothesis: more than any horrific sensation, the mind abhors the lack of input. I think that, should this state of sensory deprivation continue for long enough, the inexorable passage of time will ablate the mind harsher and more painfully ​than any hook or knife could. Time will grind you down, and you will beg for something, anything to distract you, but nothing will come."

"Are you a bad enough gimp to accept this challenge?"

So, the goal is to try and trick them into leaving us alone. Hopefully, even if they reject, they will still be distracted long enough to get gooped together so that it'll be easier to deal with them.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 03:37:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: February 01, 2022, 12:50:34 pm »

Forcefield back off.

Head down to medical and try to beg some supplies for this mission.  I mean "Requisition", by saying it's for someone higher-up on the food chain.

Ideal would be something like knockout gas grenades, but I'll take any items useful to numb someone, down to simple injectable local anesthetics.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 01:09:57 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4565 on: February 01, 2022, 01:14:54 pm »

Do whatever Wil is doing. And drink more.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4566 on: February 01, 2022, 05:09:41 pm »

"Wow, awesome!  Thanks, myan!  You pain elementals are total bros!  It's been fun, seeya 'round later, I've got an old friend to send a delivery to."

Wave goodbye to the gimps in a friendly manner, then leave.  Though, not before picking up Kora and throwing her over one shoulder.  Oh, and remove her camera and position it so it's watching the doorway to the pain dimension; might as well get her paid more.  Maybe she'll buy more shit from Wilfred.

Aaaanyways, go send a message to someone with some level of authority.  Tell them that, to solve the pain portal problem, Wilfred needs to utilize the asset known as Mr. Friend.  Specifically, he needs a package sent to the asset; no individuals should be connected to the anomaly, obviously.  It's very important that this happen soon.  Also, while doing this, write down the instructions of how to manipulate the cube (without explaining what it does), and maybe, like, gift wrap it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: February 01, 2022, 07:25:29 pm »

((Wil, do you really want to bank on the PE’s being immune to Derp’s Friendliness?))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:53:00 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: February 01, 2022, 07:51:11 pm »

((Sometimes risks must be made in the name of glory.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: February 02, 2022, 04:27:51 am »

(I'm sure this will end well.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: February 02, 2022, 04:54:04 pm »

((Wil, do you really want to bank on the PE’s being immune to Derp’s Friendliness?))

((I'm sure it'll be fine!  And hey, even if it does make the pain dimension go all Derpy, screwing up reality on a metaphysical level is totally something Wilfred would do.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: February 02, 2022, 07:31:00 pm »

Well, We did have a character suicide last mission in order to create a Kaiju battle responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands, so it'd totally be in line with our team's motto: "Let's outdo Jon I. Tor in terms of reckless disregard!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: February 04, 2022, 03:44:58 am »

The team seems to have this all under control quite well, so I'll keep trying the omni-scient network observer to find more info on these gimps. Maybe see if this thing has a setting that lets me search for past pain elemental incursions, and how those were solved?
If not, maybe try and look through the OMNITECH Employee Standard Solution Database on the intranet. Surely since we have a door specifically to the Pain Dimension, we must have protocols in place for this kind of thing, right?

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: February 04, 2022, 06:10:00 am »

They are clearly looking for new pain sensations. Either satisfy their curiosity, or bore them into leaving. They'll probably leave of their own will one of those two ways, and offering experiences seems more reliable than trying to bore them. Also, they seem intelligent, rational, and cooperative, so trades and agreements would have an effect if properly offered.

That's probably about all we need to know about them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4574 on: February 05, 2022, 05:23:46 pm »

Jack gets up and scratches his helmet "In hindsight fellas coming in here was probably a bad idea so I'm just gonna go guard that entrance... for our safety ya know?"

Go guard that entrance no one shall leave or enter without going under my watchful eye!
You stand in the hall, intent on not letting anyone in or out.

"Ah, that's nice." :D

STAB!!!!

*the gimpflesh. Also turn off my shield.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[3]
You jab the flesh. It...doesn't really react.

Whack on Ji's limbs until they bend the right way. Use a toolkit charge. Have my remaining zombie chickens assist by holding the subject still, buffing and polishing the subject, checking the subject's wiring, and in general doing zombie chicken technician things.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
[8,7]
Bob swats Ji's limbs back into their normal positions. Pretty good for just wildly whacking with a tail.

"Could somebody please repair my body. Burt, if nobody repairs my body, could I borrow a animal robot for little bit?"
"If you want to you can use the frog, I'm sure he wont mind."

Deactivate the shield belt and go see what the robots think of the situation.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
You turn off the shield and ask your robuddies about their opinions.

They respond with a variety of folksy sayings about jackrabbits, rattle snakes, canoes, and hen houses. The gist seems to be that they think the gimps are weird. You think...

If Bob fixes my body, re-inhabit it. Otherwise possess the Frog bot Burt offered me.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
You drop back into your old body without even having to roll!

"Agreed. Not that I'm complaining. Happy to discover this is such a good bit of cover though!" He said, slapping the mechsuit on the robobutt. "You can fit so many wimps behind this bad boy."

"Oh?" The increasing number of Gimps respond, "What exactly is your proposition?"

If it can be done without a (tech) roll, disable the cognition copier for a bit (in the sense it doesn't make backups until turned back on). If not ignore this step.

Yagyu walks to the gimps and starts talking.

Well then, with that distraction out of the way, if I may lay out my proposal?

Then, he motions for any of them that have wandered off to get closer to the main group again. He then slowly starts gooping the group together, starting at the feet and working his way up while he continues talking.

"So, as it relates to pain, the difference between shattering a rock and a man's femur is, of course, that the former has no nervous system to register it, no perception to appreciate the agony. However, for the latter it is not the nerve sending up the signal that encodes the pain per se, but rather the mind that accepts and processes this input."

"If we now take into account that there are many people who would prefer suffering great physical damage over, say, the loss of a loved one, we can see that there are more types of distress we can account for than just the physical. This then reminded me of a old quote by some forgotten philosopher, that 'all of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone'."

"And you know what, I think there is a great truth to this! And so, this is my hypothesis: more than any horrific sensation, the mind abhors the lack of input. I think that, should this state of sensory deprivation continue for long enough, the inexorable passage of time will ablate the mind harsher and more painfully ​than any hook or knife could. Time will grind you down, and you will beg for something, anything to distract you, but nothing will come."

"Are you a bad enough gimp to accept this challenge?"

So, the goal is to try and trick them into leaving us alone. Hopefully, even if they reject, they will still be distracted long enough to get gooped together so that it'll be easier to deal with them.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

You turn off your immortality for the moment.

[4][2]
The Gimps all gather around and watch patiently as you cover them in goo. They seem mildly interested until you finish covering them in gunk and then talk to each other for a while, seemingly discussing your speech. I say "Seemingly" because a lot of them lack the capacity to speak in normally so a fair amount of it is just squishy meat noises. However, when they do finally finish they all turn to you. The one nearest you speaks for the group.

"It is an interesting proposition, however we believe it lacks some fundamental understanding of our natures. We are not masochists' seeking ultimate pain, we are explorers of sensation. If we just wanted pain we'd activate our nervous systems to just feel constant agony forever. Simple.

Your analysis is right to a degree though: context matters a great deal in sensation. A lick from a beautiful woman and a lick from a camel may have similar outcomes but very different sensations. The mind is a wonderful filter through which all sensation may be given extra depth.  As such, lack of sensation is not what we would classify AS sensation."

"The dark is not a new color of light." One of the others interjects.

"Yes, quite. So while you do make an interesting point I believe it is fundamentally flawed from our perspective."

The Gimps don't seem to be struggling against the goo, by the way. They seem a lot more interested in talking the philosophy of sensation seeking.

Forcefield back off.

Head down to medical and try to beg some supplies for this mission.  I mean "Requisition", by saying it's for someone higher-up on the food chain.

Ideal would be something like knockout gas grenades, but I'll take any items useful to numb someone, down to simple injectable local anesthetics.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
[5]
You find the nearest first aid kiosk and bullshit the attendant into giving you a large tank of anesthetic gas with a quick release valve. Its not a grenade, but its close.

Do whatever Wil is doing. And drink more.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[3] Kora groans and comes out of her coma. Still unconscious though.

"Wow, awesome!  Thanks, myan!  You pain elementals are total bros!  It's been fun, seeya 'round later, I've got an old friend to send a delivery to."

Wave goodbye to the gimps in a friendly manner, then leave.  Though, not before picking up Kora and throwing her over one shoulder.  Oh, and remove her camera and position it so it's watching the doorway to the pain dimension; might as well get her paid more.  Maybe she'll buy more shit from Wilfred.

Aaaanyways, go send a message to someone with some level of authority.  Tell them that, to solve the pain portal problem, Wilfred needs to utilize the asset known as Mr. Friend.  Specifically, he needs a package sent to the asset; no individuals should be connected to the anomaly, obviously.  It's very important that this happen soon.  Also, while doing this, write down the instructions of how to manipulate the cube (without explaining what it does), and maybe, like, gift wrap it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)
You grab Kora, set her camera in an advantageous position, and then head off.

[3]
You, very surprisingly, manage to actually get hold of...someone in management who funnels you up to someone else, and up to another someone else. You tell them you have to give the box to the man to finish the mission. They listen quietly and then ask how giving the box to that individual -if he's still alive or even existed in the first place- would fix the current situation. They ask this quite flatly.

The team seems to have this all under control quite well, so I'll keep trying the omni-scient network observer to find more info on these gimps. Maybe see if this thing has a setting that lets me search for past pain elemental incursions, and how those were solved?
If not, maybe try and look through the OMNITECH Employee Standard Solution Database on the intranet. Surely since we have a door specifically to the Pain Dimension, we must have protocols in place for this kind of thing, right?

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[7]
There were several past incursions of the pain elementals after the accidental creation of the "Door to the Pain dimension" 32 years ago. In the first case the entire area was walled off with 10 foot thick tungsten plates and encapsulated in a faraday cage. This worked for a short period until it became obvious the "dimension" was spreading and engulfing the area. After this the standard violence was tried at varying levels. This also failed because the elementals are, of course, immortal to some degree. Forcibly closing the door also failed. In that first incursion and every subsequent one they elementals eventually left of their own accord after binding agreements were signed to force the employees of the company to engage in some kind of "Ritual of Sensation".  The initial agreement was the "Annual stubbing of one toe" but the severity of the injuries have been increasing every time.

Analysts believe the elementals are "Working up to" something horrible.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 334