Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482550 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3855 on: June 30, 2021, 09:48:51 am »

((Splitting up from previous post for PW's sake.))

1) Upload transcripts and recordings of our convo with the doc (and the airport stuff, but I think we already did that) to the network.

2) No response from the doc regarding the samples we found at the airport? They don't ring a bell or remind him of anything?

3) Can you tell us where that secondary shipping center was located, maybe put it on the map if you get the chance?

4) Ask our guide and the doc if he knows of any other spooky places that might be of interest to us now that we know what we know.

5) Ask command if they have access to a list of these test subjects and/or the inner circle, if yes download the list and send it out to our various contacts to see if they have spotted any of them recently.

Should we notice Bob's antics while talking:
"Oh, uhh, please don't mind him too much, I think he's getting hungry again. You, uhh, got any snacks on you?

Hey Bob, look, there's a river just outside the hospital! Fishies Bob, fishies! Go get 'em boy!"

Yagyu said futilely while making vague hand gestures that could be anything from "I am drowning what is swimming" to "I am swallowing a whole hippo head first".

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: June 30, 2021, 10:32:17 am »

Bob will notice and focus on Yagyu's hands momentarily, but, since tehy do not appear to have snacks in them, he will disregard them and continue his search.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: June 30, 2021, 11:40:25 am »

"Ahoy there ya' bastard," Al meandered for awhile deciding to head over to the hospital, eventually finding Yagyu "Now what are we dealing with?" he asks Yagyu.

"Oh, are you that guy who got drunk and was napping in the EdPC? Hope you slept it off then. You're lucky we're on vacation.

We're following our leads, right now we're interviewing the good doctor here to see what he knows about what happened to create this place. You did read you missio- ah, vacation leaflet, didn't you?"

((In case not: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8253875#msg8253875))

Then he turns back to the scientist and says: "Ok, so what we should do now is to-"

[BEEP BEEP]

"Excuse me for a moment doc, I gotta take this."

He steps into the hallway for a moment away from the old man.

"Wilfred darling, long time no see, what's up?"
snippety

"Oh good so you managed to... Wait, what do you mean you deleted their... How many stories? OH GOD THEY'RE ALL DEAD?!?

...Ok, ok, so are you positive we can still talk to him then? How long do these 'ghosts' stay, ah, 'fresh' exactly? If you're not sure, you can interrogate them right now perhaps, I'll upload the transcripts of what we found so far to the network as well. Or I can talk to them through you I guess. Do ghosts have wireless? Is that what the 'G' in 5G stands for?

And sure, if you guys want you can gallivant around a bit before you head back since you got what we need, but honestly if it's food you want we can just trade for it back at the bazaar as well.

We are quite a bit away from where you guys are at, after we're done here we're quickly stopping by an old factory to get a new battery for Burt, then we're heading to a shipping center the institute used to use. We can meet at one of these once you guys are fully done with your stuff.

Oh, and uh, good work you two. I guess. Sort of. Technically."

"Apparently the factory makes maid robots and shit, are parts from those things still helpful for what we want to do?"
See what other kind of interesting things I can find on the internet about the area. 

"Honestly, for me the main thing I want is to find that better battery for you. We've already lost too many people to space dementia so I need all lucid hands to be up and about rather than shackled to the EdPC. If you want to play around with your robot friends and make them new maracas or whatever that's fine, go wild, but I'd like you to be back to full mobility asap."

Following Yagyu out into the hall Alec waited a moment for Yagyu to finish speaking into the communicator before answering his prior question "Ye see I was a bit sloshed during the brief, so details are a wee bit fuzzy." Al shrugs before continuing "Anyways I'm ere' an ready teh assist, pleasure working with ye by the way me names Alec but ye can call me Al"

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: June 30, 2021, 01:27:31 pm »

"Interrogating him soon sounds good, honestly these ghosts are kinda creepy fucks.  And I don't know how long they'll stick around, or... anything, really.  Just tell me what we're supposed to be asking?  I totally forgot, I just know you wanted me to kidnap a nerd, all the rest of it sounded like it was above 'ambassador' paygrade."

Wilfred sighs.

"...I need a fuckin' raise."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: June 30, 2021, 01:50:15 pm »

"Apparently the factory makes maid robots and shit, are parts from those things still helpful for what we want to do?"
"Honestly, for me the main thing I want is to find that better battery for you. We've already lost too many people to space dementia so I need all lucid hands to be up and about rather than shackled to the EdPC. If you want to play around with your robot friends and make them new maracas or whatever that's fine, go wild, but I'd like you to be back to full mobility asap."

"Well, you heard the man. He's going to be busy gabbing with that doc for a while anyway, let's head over to that factory and see what's up.

All aboard for destination waifubot factory!"

Let everyone on board who wants to come, then head over that that factory Burt found and check the place out. Insofar the EdPC can do that.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: June 30, 2021, 04:32:07 pm »

"Well, you heard the man. He's going to be busy gabbing with that doc for a while anyway, let's head over to that factory and see what's up.

Let everyone on board who wants to come, then head over that that factory Burt found and check the place out. Insofar the EdPC can do that.

"Roger that, happy hunting. I'll rejoin you guys as soon as I'm done here."

Following Yagyu out into the hall Alec waited a moment for Yagyu to finish speaking into the communicator before answering his prior question "Ye see I was a bit sloshed during the brief, so details are a wee bit fuzzy." Al shrugs before continuing "Anyways I'm ere' an ready teh assist, pleasure working with ye by the way me names Alec but ye can call me Al"

"Well then Al, you came in at just the right time, seems like the lads outside could use an extra pair of hands! Why don't you head over to EdPC and hitch a ride to that factory? Help Burt look for the stuff he needs to construct his roboharem or whatever it is he's planning. "

"Interrogating him soon sounds good, honestly these ghosts are kinda creepy fucks.  And I don't know how long they'll stick around, or... anything, really.  Just tell me what we're supposed to be asking?  I totally forgot, I just know you wanted me to kidnap a nerd, all the rest of it sounded like it was above 'ambassador' paygrade."

Wilfred sighs.

"I would start with asking what his role in the institute was, what did he do for them and why.

And yes, I agree. We all deserve a bloody pay raise after this delightful company picnic."

« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 04:36:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: June 30, 2021, 05:13:03 pm »

"Roger that, happy hunting. I'll rejoin you guys as soon as I'm done here."

"Well then Al, you came in at just the right time, seems like the lads outside could use an extra pair of hands! Why don't you head over to EdPC and hitch a ride to that factory? Help Burt look for the stuff he needs to construct his roboharem or whatever it is he's planning. "

Wilfred sighs.

"I would start with asking what his role in the institute was, what did he do for them and why.

And yes, I agree. We all deserve a bloody pay raise after this delightful company picnic."

"Oh, guess'n ye ave things covered ere'?" Alec shrugs yet again "Aye-aye then, I'll see that the others don't get themselves killed." with that the surly sun-of-a-bitch wandered away and out of the hospital.

"Ahoy there, make room for one more." Alec says getting aboard the transport "Helluva feck'n day aye?" he jokes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: June 30, 2021, 11:56:38 pm »

Cut myself free with my occult knife. I'm bound to get a good roll eventually. If that fails, call for help.

"Hey Guys! I think this thing is still alive!"

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: July 01, 2021, 03:31:42 am »

"My idea was to fix them and make it to where we could use them as potentially disposable soldiers if needed or as replacement bodies in case someone else dies."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3864 on: July 02, 2021, 02:41:01 pm »

((Checked and nope, nada.))

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'M DROWNING I'M DROWNING-Wait a minute, oh Silly SAM, you don't have lungs! Boy, do I look like a fool. Hey Kaiser Wonkfrederick of the Holy Roman Empire, you need a hand or you okay with playing the role of Costa Concordia down here while I swim back to the relative safety of dry land?

Depending on the answer SAM will help Castaway movie star Wilson walk like the Hippo he is to dry land or just swim there herself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(add one then)

((Twelve and a one in the last turn.  Yeah.  Xan's ghost is here, probably attracted by SAM's fleshorror nature meeting with Wilfred's ghost powers.))

"I think... I think I'm good.  Unless they've got fucking rebar sharks or some shit in this river.  Fuck Derp...  You get out, I'll be right after you in a minute..."

Call up Yagyu and report mission success.  Technically.

"Hey.  Hey, Yagyu, is this fucking thing on?  Uhh.  Well, stealth mission was a succcess, I think.  We deleted their intranet, blew up the hospital, and then I summoned a fifteen-story skeleton in the wreckage.  I think it's still fucking up the survivors?  Hard to tell, I'm at the bottom of a river right now.  But, uh, yeah.  I don't think we have to worry about the Smiles any time soon, and I bet the ratings just exploded for whatever shows recorded that.  Uhh.  That's the good news.  I know we were kinda supposed to do a kidnapping, but uh, no plan survives contact with the enemy, right?  Hehe...  Well, I captured the scientist too, I think.  Technically.  I kinda killed him first, actually, but it's okay!  It's okay, I have his ghost right here.  I think.  There's six of 'em, one of them should be the right guy?  It'll be fine, this way he can't lie, I don't think.  Anyway, uh, where should we meet up?  And is it okay if we go hunting a few Smiles stragglers just as a little side trip?  Sammy could use some more meat, and I'd like a new gun."

...Then start heading back towards the shore.  Hopefully we can find where the hell we left the silverfish.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
SAM is quite literally tossed out of the river and onto the shore, with Wilfred stomping is way out a minute later half coated in mud and very damp. He checks over his shoulder to see the colossal skeleton looming over the hospital, slowly smashing buildings as rockets and bullets pierce uselessly through it. Wilfred shrugs as best he can in the suit. Not his problem anymore.

The the comedy duo scampers into the woods and searches around for several minutes before coming across the hidden silverfish.

Use spiderbot. Climb on desk, begin rummaging through drawers, cabinets, refrigerators, and pockets for snacks and scientific secrets, but only as a bonus).
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
The doctor tosses Bob a candy bar before Bob can start ransacking the place too badly. It bounces off Bob's reptilian noggin and into the corner of the room. Bob gives chase and begins death rolling it as a method of removing the wrapping.

((Splitting up from previous post for PW's sake.))

1) Upload transcripts and recordings of our convo with the doc (and the airport stuff, but I think we already did that) to the network.

2) No response from the doc regarding the samples we found at the airport? They don't ring a bell or remind him of anything?

3) Can you tell us where that secondary shipping center was located, maybe put it on the map if you get the chance?

4) Ask our guide and the doc if he knows of any other spooky places that might be of interest to us now that we know what we know.

5) Ask command if they have access to a list of these test subjects and/or the inner circle, if yes download the list and send it out to our various contacts to see if they have spotted any of them recently.

Should we notice Bob's antics while talking:
"Oh, uhh, please don't mind him too much, I think he's getting hungry again. You, uhh, got any snacks on you?

Hey Bob, look, there's a river just outside the hospital! Fishies Bob, fishies! Go get 'em boy!"

Yagyu said futilely while making vague hand gestures that could be anything from "I am drowning what is swimming" to "I am swallowing a whole hippo head first".

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

1) Ok!
2)No. He says he wasn't really involved with the technical side of things. But those parts you found do seem to be familiar. They were probably used by the project, even if he can't tell you their purpose.
3)Added in H,13.
4) They say the thing they've heard about which most fits with what you're looking for was "Ghostly" sightings on the detroit industrial expressway that runs just north of the airport. I,14 is where I marked it.
5. The best they have is a list of the board of directors of the company along with the heads of their various departments. In terms of subjects, they have no information. They do get back to you about the crystalline things you got from the airport. Apparently they're similar to what are used in neuro tissue simulation, albeit older that what is  currently available.

See what other kind of interesting things I can find on the internet about the area.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
[2]
Apparently this place sucks and is very boring.

Cut myself free with my occult knife. I'm bound to get a good roll eventually. If that fails, call for help.

"Hey Guys! I think this thing is still alive!"

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
[1]
Baldwin stabs himself right in the arm. He doesn't cut himself trying to slice away the wood. Nope. Just stabs himself straight in the arm.

"I see.

HELP! HELP! TREE AND TERRIBLE LUCK ARE HARASSING ME!"

So far one person is on board...another is outside losing a fight to a tree. Someone might wanna help him out before you get going.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: July 02, 2021, 06:24:46 pm »

"Oh for feck' sake, hold on." Alec steps off the transport going over to Baldwin "Aye ye yuts, try not to fight trees." he remarks as Alec gets to work patching Baldwin up.

Use a charge of the OMNITECH Medical Kit to expedite bandaging Baldwin up and healing him.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: July 02, 2021, 08:23:27 pm »

"Thanks, but can you actually help me GET OUT OF HERE!"

Baldwin's normally calm exterior is nowhere to be seen as he struggles with the tree.

KEEP TRYING TO CUT MYSELF FREE WITH MY OCCULT KNIFE!

When I've accomplished my job, keep a sample of the ever-growing wood in a containment jar. Also advise the cult to burn the tree titan before it regenerates
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: July 02, 2021, 11:09:00 pm »

"Hoo... alright.  Richard, you can go do... whatever.  Take the silverfish if you want.  Might be fun to track down a Smiles patrol and take their shit.  I'll be along shortly, just gotta interrogate the ghosts real quick."

Right, ghost interrogation.  Demand their names, first.  Then check for which name is the one we actually came here to kidnap (send the rest of the names along to Yagyu in case he recognizes one or something).  Once the target ghost is distinguished, interrogation begins.  Demand to know what his role in the institute was, what he did for them, and why.  Forward all this information to Yagyu, for him to peruse at his leisure.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: July 03, 2021, 02:25:56 am »

"Don't worry I'll cut you free."
Get out of the vehicle and go cut the guy free of the tree with my Katana.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: July 03, 2021, 10:39:06 am »

"Don't worry I'll cut you free."
Get out of the vehicle and go cut the guy free of the tree with my Katana.

"Aye just don't feck'n kill em'!" Al remarks standing back a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 334