Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482677 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fixer upper
« Reply #3645 on: April 28, 2021, 04:17:10 am »

"Oh god I'm dead and I'm in the car, oh shit what am I gonna do."
See if there is some way for me to interact with the outside world, that doesn't involve shooting it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: April 28, 2021, 08:59:27 am »

"Oh god I'm dead and I'm in the car, oh shit what am I gonna do."
See if there is some way for me to interact with the outside world, that doesn't involve shooting it.

"Hey, calm down, you'll be ok. We can put your consciousness back into something else if you want some more agency, or you can stay in the APC together with Ed. What would you prefer? "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 28, 2021, 09:36:42 am »

Consider

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:41:42 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3648 on: April 28, 2021, 01:49:41 pm »

Operation: Mile-High Recon[/b]

Phase One will involve two us getting in the dragonfly and flying around central Anne Harbour to take in the sights. Our altitude should be high enough such that we will only look like a small dot in the sky. Key things to look out for will include military vehicles, guard patrols, large clusters of Smiles members, anti-air defenses (I don't expect them to have such a things since I expect aircraft to be a very rare occurrence here), training camps, and seemingly safe places to land that are near the hospital. I also have an interest in seeing their farms and how their society is run along the river. And the hospital obviously.

Phase two will involve hacking into their communications and other electronic data stuff. We need as much info as possible. That mean's we're going to need to bring a tech guy on board our flying machine. Do we have anybody like that? In a perfect scenario, we'd be able to hack into some device in the hospital and be able to communicate with our guy directly though that, but I doubt Piecewise will make it that easy. Be on the lookout for any gliders as well.

Now this isn't a complete plan, but hopefully after this we will have everything we need to come up with a proper one.))

((This is a good plan, and Wilfred has the tech to try hacking.  It sounds like he can be carried as cargo in the silverfish, and the hardsuit doesn't need a parachute due to possessing jump jets.  Unfortunately, you seem to have decided to leave with the airport team, so...  ::) ))

"Ugh, alright.  I can't fit in that thing to fly it, so whichever two of you chucklefucks decide you want to help scout, fly it over towards the hospital once you're ready.  We'll rendezvous by radio."

Does the hardsuit have built-in binocular abilities?  Oh, and snag the second anomaly detection watch from Yagyu before he leaves.

Start skimming towards the hospital, by way of M14.  Keep an eye on the anomaly watch, and scan for radio signals of any kind.  Basically just keep alert for danger while traveling.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 28, 2021, 01:56:43 pm »

((I'm sure you can run the plan without me. I'm still wary of a lack of parachutes, but I guess the human pilot can cling onto you as you use your jets to land safely. I get the feeling that there's going to be some funny retconning this turn.))

EDIT:  Regardless, it seems to be night time at the moment so I doubt we'll get that good of a view from the air. We can do recon and hospital rescue after we check out the airport.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:13:57 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 28, 2021, 02:09:13 pm »

"I didn't major in no tech shit, so I guess I'm just gonna cling to ya Wilfried Chicken. When we get to the hospital do you'll think they'll have any bodies in there? I'm starving man."

SAM will jump on top of Wilfred's head like a cat, a horse-sized chitinous swiss wet dream cat, but a cat nonetheless. a cat who doesn't want to walk while there's a perfectly good clanker around to carry her

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 28, 2021, 02:17:34 pm »

((To be clear, the intention was to leave the silverfish with team nerdsnatch, not to leave it on the EdPC. Unless you guys decided you wanted to keep it there for whatever reason. :v ))

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3652 on: April 28, 2021, 02:46:34 pm »

"Eh, I'd rather not fly that thing alone."
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:49:24 pm by m1895 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 28, 2021, 04:51:58 pm »

"Y'know, I'm not all that bad at piloting. At least I've played enough flight sims to know the basics. If you nerd snatchers really really need someone to help copilot the thing, I guess I could join them."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 29, 2021, 04:09:07 am »

"Hey, calm down, you'll be ok. We can put your consciousness back into something else if you want some more agency, or you can stay in the APC together with Ed. What would you prefer? "
"I guess I'll stay where I am, just having a hard time coming to grips with being killed by a beam, is there any chance for me to get a hold of some kind of body withing the next few days?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 29, 2021, 05:55:32 am »

"I guess I'll stay where I am, just having a hard time coming to grips with being killed by a beam, is there any chance for me to get a hold of some kind of body withing the next few days?"

"I think we can arrange something, but it'll depend on what you'd like. If one of the corpo drones is good enough that should be easy to get. If you want a more conventional robot body then I heard there might be some around from some of the old factories but we'd have to look around for it."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 29, 2021, 03:09:33 pm »

((To be clear, the intention was to leave the silverfish with team nerdsnatch, not to leave it on the EdPC. Unless you guys decided you wanted to keep it there for whatever reason. :v ))

((Wilfred gains the least utility from the silverfish, and the only other person who's specifically traveling towards the hospital is a fleshorror that will probably do more good on the ground (plus it lacks both tech and gun).  It seems more reasonable to leave it with the airport team, so someone from there could choose to switch teams--or try and be a hero if something goes wrong in Smiles territory.  If anyone wants to be the pilot for plan scout, I'm happy to oblige, but someone has to volunteer.))

EDIT:  Regardless, it seems to be night time at the moment so I doubt we'll get that good of a view from the air. We can do recon and hospital rescue after we check out the airport.

((Nope, I'm not gonna follow anomaly poker team, and the only other particularly useful goal right now is scouting the hospital.  There's a decent chance we can get useful information even at night, and as a bonus we'll likely be nigh-invisible in the air.  I'd much prefer scouting at night really; the silverfish isn't armored, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to knock it out of the sky if they see it.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 29, 2021, 03:30:07 pm »

((Okay, here's what I'm thinking then. After Piecewise processes the results of my action, I'll take the silverfish and fly it towards you and pick you up. Then we do the scouting. As long as nothing funny happens, I won't have to do any tech rolls, so there isn't anything wrong with me being the pilot.))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 30, 2021, 04:58:26 am »

"I think we can arrange something, but it'll depend on what you'd like. If one of the corpo drones is good enough that should be easy to get. If you want a more conventional robot body then I heard there might be some around from some of the old factories but we'd have to look around for it."
"Drones seem to fragile so I guess I'll wait until we find something sturdier."
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 334