Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482181 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3420 on: March 06, 2021, 04:11:34 am »

"That was a terrible flight, and we didn't even get an inflight movie."
Start wondering around with my new camera and film everything that happens, also check the little kitchenette and see if it has anything edible inside it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3421 on: March 06, 2021, 09:04:48 am »

Join Pathos and Burt as the mission's documentary film crew. Be sure to catch the scuffle between Bob and Baldwin and EEEDD.

"World Star!"

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 02:19:58 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: March 06, 2021, 03:27:30 pm »

Seeing everything going on, ED decides to chime up over the internal speakers

"I'll keep the engine running, since I get the feeling there's a good chance we might need to make a getaway. Also, if you're gonna fight, do it outside. You're gonna have to live in here for a while, wouldn't do to trash the place."

As discussed, buy 1 extra box of regular shells and one extra box of high explosive for 130 OMNI
Keep the engine running. While Yagyu does his thing, see if I can't connect to this base's intranet or make contact with the operator on duty, and snoop/ask around a bit for useful info on our surrounding, supplies, or general goings-on.

Also, of any of these jokers start something that damages the inside of the EdPC, have pushbot forcefully evict them.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 06:03:00 pm by Pancaek »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: March 06, 2021, 05:43:48 pm »

((I’m gonna be honest, I don’t wanna get into a knife fight with an alligator. Does anyone want to help stop him from eating the bait. Maybe transfer him or the bait to a different part of the ship? Sam?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: March 06, 2021, 06:02:24 pm »

"Dear passengers, this is your captain speaking. Please keep all interpersonal conflicts inside the EdPC to a minimum. Anyone dealing damage to the interior of the EdPC will be ratted out to HR and will have Pushbot come to either throw their ass out or put a bullet between their eyes. Anyone damaging the EdPC will have their boarding pass revoked, and will be forced to walk into Neo-Detroit on foot. This is not a joke."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: March 06, 2021, 06:15:58 pm »

”The EdPC has spoken! Heed its words, ye of little faith, lest we anger this benevolent spirit of ED! Its commandments must be followed! Let us cast aside all thoughts of violence - save for, of course, opposing Accursed WV - and embrace instead harmonious thoughts of spinal alignment!”

EEEDD begins chanting to appease the spirit of the EdPC, which he hasn’t quite realized is just Edward uploaded into a tank.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: March 07, 2021, 04:04:11 am »

"If anybody starts fighting make sure its in front of the camera, gotta get all this action of film so I can win an Emmy or something!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3427 on: March 07, 2021, 07:20:46 am »

Quietly wait for something of relevance to happen.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: March 07, 2021, 10:20:02 am »

Anya pauses the headset for a sec to look around, after a brief appraisal she decides nothing going on right now is her problem and puts the headset back on.
Well fuck it, time to go loud. Pull out the pistol and shoot the closest bouncer. Then the other bouncer. Then bust through the door to the interior.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3429 on: March 09, 2021, 08:31:22 pm »

Anya pauses the headset for a sec to look around, after a brief appraisal she decides nothing going on right now is her problem and puts the headset back on.
Well fuck it, time to go loud. Pull out the pistol and shoot the closest bouncer. Then the other bouncer. Then bust through the door to the interior.
[8,4v1,1]
Anya snaps the gun back out and fires at the bouncer nearest to her in rapid succession, turning to shoot at the other once the first was half falling, half stumbling back. She's not sure how many rounds she put into either of them, but by the time the gun clicked empty they were both dead on the ground. She steps over them and past the panicked crowd, which is already parting for her like the red sea, into the club. The room inside is a huge cube, split in two by a sort of oversized catwalk that ran around its internal perimeter. There's a bar along the back wall, tables and chairs up on the second floor, and the entire first floor is a dance floor with the DJ over on the left wall. Lights project down from the roof and the entire place is so loud that they apparently didn't hear the gunshots outside. The dancefloor is packed and there are bouncers along the walls and patrolling the second floor. There are doors in the back wall of the first story and, likely, the second.

Quietly wait for something of relevance to happen.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Have a camera drone land on Yagyu to keep an eye on him, just in case they try to kidnap him or something.

Send another drone out to watch the show. If this is a regular occurrence it might be worth knowing more about.

If anyone is around, try to start a conversation in the hopes of learning more about what's going on: "Does this happen often?"

Pathos sends a camera drone after Yagyu and another out into the crazed wilderness above. The second drone is spotty, its footage grainy and its behavior semi-erratic and prone to wandering off or continuing to act without input. The view outside was much the same, though maybe a bit darker and those lightning pulses were coming faster now, separated only by a minute or two. The last soldiers seem to be disappearing into bunkers and the entire place looks tightly battened down. 

EEEDD's fingers dance like sausage-legged spiders in anticipation. This truly was a miraculous place! Without a doubt many revelations of ED would be found here.

"Quickly, fellow employees - let us say a prayer of benediction to the benevolent servant of ED that has generously taken command of our mode of transport, so as to ensure an auspicious start to our vacation!"

Give ritualistic thanks to EdPC, Mechanicus-style. Consult Blessed 888-Ball for ED's guidance on what the best way to the hearts of these soldiers will be. Then exit the vehicle (if the soldiers allow it) and look around for people suffering from back pain or a lack of spiritual fulfilment (the two are somewhat intertwined).

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
The way to a man's heart is through his ribcage.

EEEDD wanders out after the rest of the "Command party" has meandered away. He begins preaching and searching for anyone who has backpain, scooting into the path of any soldier who walks past and demanding if they are in spiritual or lumbar distress. [1] They all give him a wide berth to the best of their ability.

Seeing everything going on, ED decides to chime up over the internal speakers

"I'll keep the engine running, since I get the feeling there's a good chance we might need to make a getaway. Also, if you're gonna fight, do it outside. You're gonna have to live in here for a while, wouldn't do to trash the place."

As discussed, buy 1 extra box of regular shells and one extra box of high explosive for 130 OMNI
Keep the engine running. While Yagyu does his thing, see if I can't connect to this base's intranet or make contact with the operator on duty, and snoop/ask around a bit for useful info on our surrounding, supplies, or general goings-on.

Also, of any of these jokers start something that damages the inside of the EdPC, have pushbot forcefully evict them.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[9]
The EdPC idly wirelessly hacks into the base's communications and begins listening to the chatter and scrutinizing the wireless data transfers. He downloads as much local info as he can get his electronic fingers on for later perusal and begins to get an idea of whats going on outside. The soldiers are calling it various things, "Eruption", "Venting", "Leak", etc.  But the general idea seems to be that whatever is causing the disaster downtown occasionally builds up and then rolls out over a larger area in a sort of storm that amplifies and exacerbates the effects.

Since Yagyu forgot to take the fishfood or Bob with him, demonstrate what happens when one fails the Fox, Hen, and Seed river crossing puzzle. Eat all the fish food Yagyu just bought. All ten pounds of it.

Edit: naturally, Bob has no idea what Baldwin is saying so he will bite his attacker. Attempt to grab him with the tentacle first, of course. Once his attacker is pacified, Bob will continue on his quest for snack.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Threaten Bob with my occult ceremonial knife. Attack him if he continues to try to eat the fishfood

"Hey! If you step any closer to that, I'll gut you with this. Sure, there's only a 1 in 4 chance that it will actually do anything to you, but are you feeling lucky? You might have a H.E.L.L of a time..."

"Besides, you don't want to eat that crap."

Baldwin shows off his brand new fishing rod, covered in various bells and whistles.

"With this baby, I'll be able to catch all sorts of wonderful fish for you. But I'll only be able to do that if you leave the bait intact. Otherwise, they won't swim anywhere near us. I know you're just a gator, but you understand how to fix computers, surely you can understand this?"

If he complies, pat him on the head.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

((Have not added new items to inventory yet. Will edit in later))

[1,2]
Baldwin attempts to reason with and otherwise talk Bob out of...well, being Bob. Bob has no earthly idea what is being said to him, but the insistent noise and gyrations of the man speaking is enough to distract his tiny reptile brain. He sits and stares Baldwin with his undecipherable  reptilian attention. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3430 on: March 09, 2021, 08:31:59 pm »

"That's you they're talking about Yakitor Frenchguy."

Scrap the floof to get Flesh back, SAM will never be pettable. Then ask the solider if they have any burgers lying around.

Edit: Bite off Rob's leggies if he attacks Bob, us pets have to show solidarity to each other

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sam reabsorbs the hair (+1 Flesh)
"Well, at least we showed up at the right time." Yagyu said as he climbed out the top of the EdPC.

"Allright gents, I'll go see what the brass has to say, the rest of you... play nice and make friends, don't run off too far, I'll be back in a jiffy. Maybe see if you can help with something before whatever has them up in arms comes crashing down on us."

Follow the soldier to wherever he's taking me. Also observe their reaction to the strange form of the auditor, do they seem surprised?

By the way, can I fire the EdPC shells using the ferromagnetic accelerator? What about things like grenades and such? If yes, how does their damage change compared to what it is normally?

((Note: I’ll be keeping a link to the annotated map, as well as Paris’ amazing interactive one, in my char sheet for easy reference.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
If I’m allowed to talk to them yet, ask if they have any spare ammunition they can part with. Any kind of ammunition. Varmit rounds, mortar shells, odds and ends they don’t use, maybe uneven amounts that need rounding off.

Also, it’s a long shot, but are they willing to part with any antitank weapons that are small enough for me to use? If not, are there any other weapons they’d be willing to lend us or trade for?

Edit- also go sit on Bob’s mouth until Yag gets back

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"That was a terrible flight, and we didn't even get an inflight movie."
Start wondering around with my new camera and film everything that happens, also check the little kitchenette and see if it has anything edible inside it.
[/quote]
Join Pathos and Burt as the mission's documentary film crew. Be sure to catch the scuffle between Bob and Baldwin and EEEDD.

"World Star!"

Yagyu opens the rear hatch and steps out, half bent at the waist so he doesn't hit his head. As he steps out Sam lopes around to his side and starts bark-growl shouting about hamburgers. On the other side Ji begins demanding whether or not there is spare ammo available.  Meanwhile Burt and Edward wander straight past the soldier, recording everything and shouting excitedly.   The soldier is silent for a moment, taking this all in, but then blinks and grunts out a laugh.

"You all look like you've been here before."  He looks between everyone for a moment before focusing on Yagyu, "You look like you're probably in charge or something like it right?  Follow me. Others can come too, if they want."

He turns and takes off at a light jog and Yagyu (along with anyone else who wants to) follows along behind. Their path takes them several floors down, though even after descending at least 30 or 40 feet the hall still occasionally vibrates and shakes a thin shower of concrete dust down on top of them. Eventually the soldier shows them into a room where a man in plain fatigues is sitting at a desk, typing away. He looks up after a moment and gestures for the soldier to leave. After the man is gone the commander- who else could it be? - addresses the "Command staff".

"Lets just get this all out of the way up front. You aren't the first conglomerate strike force to come through here and not the first who paid off a senator to get official military aid. So lets get a few things clear: This is a military base, not your personal armory, not your goodie box, not your piggy bank, and not your baby sitter. We are not here to outfit you, we are not here to give you expendable soldiers with which to protect your fancy suits and gear, and we're not here to entertain you.  Here is what your governmental bribe bought you:"

He begins counting things off, raising a finger with each one to illustrate it.

"1. Lodging in the barracks, if you require it. We'll include sheltering you here against the elements as well. But if you go and piss off some warlord and come back here wanting us to fight him off, we're locking you out.

2. Medical aid. We will patch you up if you need it, just like we do for anyone who comes here. Don't take advantage of it or try to scam pills out of us, or we'll revoke that privilege.

3. Information. We will provide you any non-classified information we can. Be aware it is not always current, nor always correct. Things outside change fast.

Now, you probably want to ask me two things: What's going on outside and what can I give you.  The answer to the second question is jack shit; if you want something from me you buy it. And not with those useless company store bucks you probably have. Or with dollars for that matter. Around here, we barter. Supplies are hard to come by, so we only trade them for something equally valuable or something we can sell out there for enough to buy things.  Useful artifacts, Weapons, ammo, valuable info, etc. Talk to Hardacre in the supply station for more info, he handles our trading. Now, in response to that first question, the eggheads got some long name for it but most here call it a 'Leak'. Because its the disaster taking a piss on you. Every so often that thing gets extra angry and the effective boundaries of the zones start shifting outwards temporarily while phenomena become more prevalent. That means that right now we are probably sitting somewhere in the  effective Yellow Zone, with all that entails.   Down here in the bunkers you'll likely be fine but if you get caught in one up topside I suggest finding the best cover you can and waiting it out.  They usually only last about an hour or two at full strength and then die out."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: March 09, 2021, 08:42:48 pm »

Get back on the EdPC and eat those fish flakes, SAM didn't go to college to get laughed at by a bunch of marines, she'll make her own burgers, SAMburgers

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:45:32 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: March 09, 2021, 09:09:33 pm »

look for the girl in the crowd, and keep a mental note of all the bouncers I see and their locations.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3433 on: March 10, 2021, 12:04:36 am »

All's well that ends, I suppose. Bob will settle in and relax, sending SpiderNotCatHat to tap into the EdPC's plumbing and flood the rear compartment with .... one (1) foot of water.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: March 10, 2021, 05:17:25 am »

"Would a rifle and a spare magazine be enough to buy me a laptop?"
Stand in the commander's office while keeping the camera somewhat hidden so he doesn't know I'm filming everything that's going on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:15:11 am by King Zultan »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 334