Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482091 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Detroit has a beach
« Reply #3375 on: March 03, 2021, 10:45:20 am »

"Not giving your employees the proper resources they need to complete the objectives you set out for them in the pursuit of lucrative R&D opportunities is called being penny wise, pound foolish. I’ll have to make a spreadsheet sometime to prove it. But, so be it."
"Just buy some yourself and quit complaining. The Edmobile's got some rations in it anyways if we really need them."
"It's a great opportunity to go fishing, just saying. Just fill the Tour Bus with fresh fish. It'll be great for trading."

Do fish actually exist in this world? I mean free fish roaming the oceans that are free to catch without needing to purchase a fishing license from OMNITECH.

Take a loan of 20 OMNI to buy 20 units of Nutrient Paste. Maybe we could sell it to the locals. Or maybe we can give it to the flesh horror and have it transform the nutrients into human flesh and trade that to the cannibals.

Spoiler: Pathos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:52:36 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: March 03, 2021, 11:06:26 am »

"Not giving your employees the proper resources they need to complete the objectives you set out for them in the pursuit of lucrative R&D opportunities is called being penny wise, pound foolish. I’ll have to make a spreadsheet sometime to prove it. But, so be it."
"Just buy some yourself and quit complaining. The Edmobile's got some rations in it anyways if we really need them."

"Your suggestion has been noted and filed for review."

((Also, just to be clear OOC'ly, this is about what I expected the outcome to be, I'm not actually annoyed with this. But might be a nice avenue for future character development, in case I ever follow up on that supposed backstory. Was gonna ask about food prices in discord not to slow things down, but might as well add it now to the turn itself.))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:14:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: March 03, 2021, 11:27:38 am »

I wish I had some more money honestly. I’d totally buy a fishing rod.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: March 03, 2021, 12:08:35 pm »

"Vandalizing? Improving, more like. People have no appreciation for art these days."
"Well you could have at least vandalized my other flank too. Now I gotta constantly keep in mind how I'm parked so people can see my colourful, fancy side."

Wait until everyone is on board (with or without prodding from our robot overlords) and then set off to Ann Harbor. Play some fitting music to commemorate the maiden voyage of the EdMobile.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 03, 2021, 12:17:38 pm »

((Are you at the limit of what you can borrow from the NPC? How much would you need for a fishing rod?))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: March 03, 2021, 01:12:19 pm »

((Are you at the limit of what you can borrow from the NPC? How much would you need for a fishing rod?))

As far as I'm concerned yes. I borrowed 500 and I don't trust myself to borrow more without paying with flesh. Dunno the price. Ask piecewise. I still think fishing is a good idea though, just for the sake of having a sample.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: March 03, 2021, 01:15:30 pm »

((If you really want one I could loan you the omni if it's not too much, no interest but do pay me off after the mission. But you'll have to ask him the price yourself, I already bother him too much to chance it! :p

That said I don't think they'd let you take the sample out of the zone though, judging by what the briefing says.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: March 03, 2021, 01:19:46 pm »

So make a darn fishing rod. Don't need to buy one. Its not too hard. Doesnt need to be fancy. Just tie some string or thread to yer null-rod. Bend a nail or beer can tab or something into a hook. Dig up a worm or use a bit of flesh horror or something as bait. Catch fish.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: March 03, 2021, 01:24:27 pm »

I've got a d4 in mechanics unfortunately. It's a good idea though.

Piecwise, how much OMMNI would a fishing rod cost?
Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 01:26:44 pm by heydude6 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3384 on: March 03, 2021, 04:56:04 pm »

Question: How much heat do the warlords pack? In a level of 1 to small megacorp.

Open up a window and poke head out, then put tongue out when the EdMobile starts moving.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It varies. They have less access to major weaponry than those in the Orange zone, as weapon drops aren't given to them. What they have they got via scavenge of the city, stolen from raiding parties, or found its way in somehow. I would consider them akin to paramilitary gangs; better armed and coordinated than your average street punk but by no means level with a trained soldier.

The EdPC has no opening windows. Its only windows are two small slits at the front for the driver to use if all cam feeds are blocked.

Get a cup of instant coffee. Find a nice comfy spot next to the flesh horror blob.
"Ready to go."

Edit: Is it too late to run and buy some nutrient paste? 10 portions for 10 omni? Might come in handy for trading with the locals.

Assume you have them.

Rob watches the streams for a while, clicking around between the drones looking at the various events occurring.

"Looks like the orange zone has a pretty wide variety of manifestations. Impossible diseases, mutations, transmutation of materials, strange weather, nightmare beings, prolonged physics anomalies, shifting of physical “parameters” like size, age, speed, etc. I mean see this guy?"

Rob points to a 12 foot tall metal abomination that seems to be made of braided lamp posts and stop lights that is currently swatting blood coated cannibals down the road.

"I don't think that's normal."

"So, is there anything protecting us from turning into that? Seems like we're at the whims of fate here."

Baldwin takes another nervous puff. The smoke ring has become increasingly erratic and the colours are flashing quickly enough to give someone a seizure.

"I think I have an idea though. If we can get access to cable in the EDPC, we'd be able to see a live feed of most of the things going on in the orange zone. That way, if there are any dangerous folk near us, we'd be able to see them coming. Sometimes..."

What do the technologically minded think of the idea?

((added the extra stuff and changed the nickname again. He goes by his last name now))
If there is a protective system for such things, we do not have it.

pick up the handgun and select that game I guess?
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
The handgun does nothing until the trigger is pulled, at which point you suddenly find yourself standing outside the doors of a fancy night club. One of those night clubs with so much obvious money behind it that it cannot be strictly legally funded. Pulsing neon lights depict a pink and teal serpent squirming above the bright purple doors. Crowds of scantily clad women and men with gel'd hair and white powdery noses shuffle around near the entrance, held at bay by huge black clad bouncers in sunglasses. You're standing a good 30 feet back, across the street, looking at all this. In your hand is a pistol, an exact match for the one you fired to get in here.  Neon letters suddenly flash in your face.

FIND THE GIRL

I’m GTG. For now monitor the feeds to see if anything interesting is happening around Ann Arbor, and if there have been any supply drops nearby.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
There are no feeds of Ann Arbor. No fun over there, just poor people and regular depressing street crime.

Get into the vehicle and start looking around and see what kind of things are inside.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The EdPC is broken into two general areas: The "Command" front half and the "Auxiliary" second half.  The command half has the armored cockpit, which can be completely closed off from the rest of the vehicle, and several substations with computers, turret access, and systems to allow use of the Launcher's camera pods and the like.  The rear section contains a storage area, a few tightly packed bunk beds mounted to the wall, tiny kitchen, a built in toilet, and a fold out surgical theater. 

1) For the Biorhythm tracker, is there an equivalent for the DNA 'sampling method' but for robots, like an electromagnetic fingerprint or something?

2) For the Weakness Analysis protocols, how does this work mechanically?

3) Can I have a go at repairing my scanner?

(Got some more stuff I could ask for the mission, but since most people seem ready let's just go and figure it out later.)
Eh screw it might as well. Is uncontaminated water scarce in the zone? If yes (or unsure) then try to scrounge some jerrycans and such and fill them with tap water. If none can be scrounged buy a few for 5 omni.
Use 10 omni to buy as much food and/or medicine in bulk as possible. Shop around for the cheapest option. It just needs to be edible and not need refrigeration, nothing fancy (guessing nutrient paste isn't the cheapest there is, if it is somehow then get that).
Finally use 5 (or 10 if I didn't have to buy the jerrycans)to buy one (or a few) bottle(s) of really nice liquor. In case we find a bigshot with fancy tastes. 

7. We're not a charity here, Mr. Yagyu.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
1. Not as is.
2. If you're fighting a creature for more than one turn, you gain, in order by number of extra turns fighting, 1. Increase damage dealt by 1 die level, 2. Gain advantage on to-hit, 3. Gain advantage on Damage roll as well.
3. Sure. [1] Scanner destroyed.
4. Depends where you are. Ann Arbor water is fairly ok. Kind of like the water you'd find in any third world nation. Ie might make you sick or give you cancer after 30 years exposure but its not full of cyanide. Water in the deeper zones is a crap shoot because what looks like water might actually be liquid oxygen that explosively boils when you touch it. We'll assume you grab 30 gallons of water and put it in the EdPC
5.You buy 10 lbs of bulk dehydrated kelp flakes. Its technically fish food and marked not fit for human consumption but...it is calories.
6.You buy 3 bottles of pretty good booze. Nothing amazing, but better than any swill they have in there, likely.

"It's a great opportunity to go fishing, just saying. Just fill the Tour Bus with fresh fish. It'll be great for trading."

Do fish actually exist in this world? I mean free fish roaming the oceans that are free to catch without needing to purchase a fishing license from OMNITECH.

Take a loan of 20 OMNI to buy 20 units of Nutrient Paste. Maybe we could sell it to the locals. Or maybe we can give it to the flesh horror and have it transform the nutrients into human flesh and trade that to the cannibals.

Spoiler: Pathos (click to show/hide)

Yes. In fact god knows what kind of horrible fish might live in Detroit. Might be able to fish up a 3 headed shark.

Ok.

"Vandalizing? Improving, more like. People have no appreciation for art these days."
"Well you could have at least vandalized my other flank too. Now I gotta constantly keep in mind how I'm parked so people can see my colourful, fancy side."

Wait until everyone is on board (with or without prodding from our robot overlords) and then set off to Ann Harbor. Play some fitting music to commemorate the maiden voyage of the EdMobile.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
Give it a sec.

I've got a d4 in mechanics unfortunately. It's a good idea though.

Piecwise, how much OMMNI would a fishing rod cost?

Cheap? 2 Omni. Good? 8 Omni.

IF YOU NEED TO PEE OR BUY ANYTHING OR DO ANYTHING OR ASK ANYTHING, NEXT TURN IS THE LAST. WE LEAVE AT THE END OF IT, HELL OR HIGH WATER YOU TALKATIVE CRITTERS.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #3385 on: March 03, 2021, 05:24:12 pm »

"Well this sucks, where am I supposed to drool fluids now? Oh well, can you put some fleshpunk songs on the radio, Car Ed?"

SAM will try to grow sharp hedgehog-lie spikes all over her body to ward off hungry mutants and fisherman. Then start chewing on one of the seats to pass voyage time if her songs aren't played.

EDIT: BITE OFF HANDS OF ANYONE WHO TRIES TOUCHING THE DOGGO WITHOUT CONSENT THEN CHEW THE HANDS AND SPIT THE BONES BACK AT THEIR FACE FOR DARING TO TOUCH THE SAM

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:09:15 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: March 03, 2021, 06:26:32 pm »

Ok. I need 8 OMNI for a good fishing rod. Are you willing to spare that Yagyu?

Also, do you guys have any thoughts on getting access to a live feed of the orange zone violence in our EdPC? It would be useful if we could stream snipe the gangs in there. What is the state of the communications equpiment on the EdPC? Is there anything in there that could theoretically intercept the signals of drones?

Watch the TV broadcast again. This time, make note of the groups who seem the most organized or have the most-powerful weaponry. Note where they were last seen on the map.

EDIT: Action moved to aggregated post.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:17:33 pm by heydude6 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: March 03, 2021, 06:31:05 pm »

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Rob..." SAM Said as she slithered towards the cultist, "I see you don't have any armour, how about we make a deal? flesh horror to person."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: March 03, 2021, 06:41:55 pm »

”Errr... What are the terms?”

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: March 03, 2021, 06:56:38 pm »

"You give me any organic stuff you find, including artefacts, I also get exorcism privileges, and you also have to retrieve my body if I end up dying or going mad and try to eat everyone's faces off. In return, I'll give ya 400 bucks for some armour, and one free operation. Along with not eating your kidneys if we end up stranded and alone together for more than 2 hours."
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 334