Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482923 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I can only imagine what Mr. Friend is thinking of all this.
« Reply #3090 on: January 11, 2021, 08:07:14 am »

Yagyu, do you think fire will work against it?

"Well if those demons from before are any hint fire seems to still work against most things, but I don't know jack shit about all this occult bullshit so I honestly can't tell for sure! Let's just get some distance first and then we can deal with this."
Right, distance...that thing turned everyone else into cards...what happended when we were at the door?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3091 on: January 12, 2021, 09:01:07 am »

"Oh fuck, I should've gotten those supernatural debugging certs they offeren in college. Pushbot, let's bounce."

Escape to safety together with Pushbot. Let the professionals handle this supernatural shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ozarck
Waddle down the hallway into the control center and demand negotiations. If all goes well, eat negotiations. If all does not go well, eat the negotiators.

Bob knows when to walk waddle away. Bob waddles away.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

and then Sir Anya bravely ran away
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Run
((I think we’re authorized, Pathos authorized us, not just deactivated it))
Just fucking run. Hopefully since the actions were all canceled Yagyu isn't near those defenses in case they are reactivated. Don't run into that hallway if possible as well.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Ed,Bob, Anya, Tara and Yagyu all initiate the "Let someone else deal with it" maneuver and make a swift advance to the rear. They only stop advancing away from the threat when they run up against that big final vault door and find themselves unable to advance straight through it.

It was time for Sam to leave, she has seen everything.

Use special new age medicine techniques to wiggle free of you know what grasp and run away.

"Guess I got greedy..."
Hold for now, and run away if I can.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
EEED, having been momentarily distracted by varying thoughts of existential origin, comes back to himself upon being swept up by what can only be an enemy of ED. The following might or might not happen since I’m not sure if he can actually act at present, but if he can:

”ENEMY FACE! This is unholy in the sight of Sacred ED! Set us down and disperse at once, or the wrath of the holy will descend upon thee! Behold, the sacred mantras!”

Begin chanting and enunciating phrases from any and every piece of media I can recall that bears the Holy Letters in an attempt to draw the personal attention of my possibly-made-up god. Let the grace of EDdescend upon this atrocity of jazz!

That is, if I’m capable of doing anything at all.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Wh-what?  I didn't even do anything related!  Aaa, fucking occult shit!

If Wilfred can do anything, swap his d12 in guns to occult, and use those good old ghost god powers to... fix this.  Somehow.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.
"Well shit, this has gone poorly."
Try to get away from the thing.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[3]
Sam mentally consults her vibrational healing chart and then vibrates herself at 417 hertz, slipping through the...rectangular cardboard play aid creature's fingers. She scrambles away to join the others at the end of the hall.
[1]
Ji squirms for a few moments and then can squirm no more.
[4]
EEED shouts the name "ED" and then seems to physically tear his way free without any assistance. He drops to the ground but doesn't run away, instead he stands firm and starts sermoning at the...you know what.
[1]
Wilfred struggles against the invisible grasp of the...fella...attempting to reach up to his head and activate the helmet. But his arms are held tight to his sides and all his wriggling stops after a few seconds.
[4]
Burt Burt drops out of the thing's grasp seemingly for no reason. He just kind of drops to the ground, landing on his feet, unharmed. He's so taken aback that he just stands there, looking the thing in confusion.

>Ignore the chaos and just play some Solitaire.
The sheetless mysteryman plays solitaire, right at the base of the...you know what...seemingly without a care in the world.

The creature gets a little bigger.

Pathos knows when to hold them too.

Reactivate the corridor defences. Suffer not the horror to live. Purge this affront to the order of the machine.

[8][5]
The...creature...is still mostly in the antechamber room before the hall, but it is just far enough in that the quarantine cannons have a clean shot. A near solid wall of high caliber lead tears into the thing's face and...well doesn't do much. The bullets seem to pass through the thing as though it wasn't there. But they do seem to draw its attention. Its eyes move from the people in its invisible grasp to the cannons.

KNOW WHEN TO FOLD EM

The cannons squeal and spark, metal wrenching as the entire gun folds in half. The ruined remains of the weapons retract back into the ceiling.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 12, 2021, 10:01:21 am »

Keep Squirming away.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 12, 2021, 10:56:32 am »

"Hey Will, now would be a good time for you to do that thingie. Since we're all going to die horribly if you don't and all."

Bang on the door to spell out "LET ME IN" in morse code. Also, shoot anyone who continues to play any you-know-what related games.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:42:55 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3094 on: January 12, 2021, 11:14:02 am »

Bob goes into ambush predator mode, settling into the murky depths of the brightly lit, arid hallway. a vaguely fond, yet ultimately unsatisfying memory of a dark room and a large meal drifts into his mind. This thing is noisier than BIG SNACK, but it feels somehow the same. Bob is restless, the dissatisfaction with how little BIG SNACK filled him making him more irritable.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 12, 2021, 02:31:03 pm »

>Continue playing Solitaire.
it's over

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 12, 2021, 09:02:02 pm »

"You can't get me here!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #3097 on: January 12, 2021, 09:37:40 pm »

eyy Yagyu, can you hand me my things?
Stay as far away from the thing as possible
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:15:25 am by m1895 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 13, 2021, 03:40:18 am »

"Holy shit I got away from it."
Go find something far from the thing to hide behind.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3099 on: January 13, 2021, 03:48:31 am »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Aim foam gun at the creature, hold lit blowtorch in front of it, then shoot at the creature. The idea is to shoot flaming foam at it

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:42 am »

eyy Yagyu, can you hand me my things?

"Yes of course, take it."

Anya's stuff back to Anya. EDIT: check if there's a surprisingly unattended laundry cart full of our crap lying around near us. If yes, give Anya's stuff back, then take my own stuff back as well.

Quickly goop that one guy who insists on engaging in the activity that is making this entity stronger. I'd like to try and do this before he can do it again this turn.

Consider whether fire should still affect this entity, seeing as how bullets don't.

Consider whether us saying something like "we fold em" would make the thing leave us alone or if that would just give it an excuse to pull us into the shadow realm.

If none of that gives me any ideas for how to deal with this thing, try scanning it with the environment scanner to hopefully find something to go on.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 04:10:50 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:29 am »

((Hey, you! Yagyu gave all Anya's stuff to Ed for safe keeping. Yagyu never took his stuff back from Ed. You cannot simply give it back without going through the proper inventory management channels!))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 13, 2021, 01:18:11 pm »

((here we go, further down the rabbit hole))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 13, 2021, 06:32:50 pm »

EEED exults in the moment. ED must be smiling upon him! Now is time for all who blaspheme the incomprehensible decrees of his god to tremble!

Continue evangelizing at Señor Singing Face with all my might and questionable sanity. Display more exuberance than a pedophilic Pinocchio at an elementary school - ED shall drive this demon out more thoroughly than the ancient god of the Americans exorcised random appliances.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 13, 2021, 07:08:01 pm »

((Hey, you! Yagyu gave all Anya's stuff to Ed for safe keeping. Yagyu never took his stuff back from Ed. You cannot simply give it back without going through the proper inventory management channels!))

((Well blast, you're right, didn't post an explicit action to retrieve my inventory after that turn!

Is Ed near the rest of us you think, so Anya can get her stuff back at the very least?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 334