Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483047 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK:All Hail the Lowest Bidder
« Reply #3045 on: December 31, 2020, 12:55:56 pm »

Take care of all Yagyu's junk for him. Load it up in that laundry cart, because I don't have a literal spine of steel.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 31, 2020, 02:04:58 pm »

>Look around and see if there's anything I should worry about.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:54:01 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3047 on: December 31, 2020, 03:18:25 pm »

((Hey, 0cra, despite what the OP says, security rifles have d8 mags.  It was changed when the armory got made (or adjusted?  I don't recall), but the OP wasn't edited.))

"Anyone wanna form a squad to go outside, crawl around the superstructure, and see if we can't find another entrance in to murder Derp?  I don't really wanna try the doom corridor again."

Give a name to the rifle that has seen its last two owners die: "Cold Comfort".  Seems appropriate.  Otherwise, sit around.  Idly take the pistol out, and start playing a better card game: throw cards into the air, then shoot them.  Punctuate each shot with a bored "Fuck Derp."

Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3048 on: December 31, 2020, 03:41:15 pm »

Waddle down the hallway into the control center and demand negotiations. If all goes well, eat negotiations. If all does not go well, eat the negotiators.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: December 31, 2020, 05:03:07 pm »

((Hey, 0cra, despite what the OP says, security rifles have d8 mags.  It was changed when the armory got made (or adjusted?  I don't recall), but the OP wasn't edited.))
((Fixed))
it's over

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 31, 2020, 06:02:32 pm »

If Bob makes it to the control room, follow him. If not, try to make sure opening the superstructure won't blow us all into space, and if so, prevent anyone from accessing the superstructure yet.

If I end up waiting around one more turn, try to test the experimental gun far away from the rest of the team. No one has been keeping track of the ammo for it, so can we assume I managed to obtain it somewhere along the way?

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 31, 2020, 08:56:49 pm »

((Yagyu got himself one of the prototype guns before and like 10 rounds. If it's the same type of gun and ammo and if you don't have a round, you can have one of mine for testing if you want.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 31, 2020, 09:53:22 pm »

Begin using my dominant position in the card games to try to win the souls of others, offering massage services as incentive. Also, keep an eye out for anyone that might run into situations where they need actual medical attention, since the closest thing we have to a genuine medic is about to commit science.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 01, 2021, 12:42:40 am »

((It's the big brick gun. Last I remember Bob had the ammo for it. but Oz doesn't remember what happened to it.))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 01, 2021, 07:15:03 am »

"You've fallen into my trap as YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD BITCH SLAP, and it ignores all your shitty cards and directly attacks your life points or some shit."
Use that big human hand I just got to slap whoever thinks their winning the card game and declare myself the winner.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3055 on: January 01, 2021, 08:59:29 am »

Thanks for authorizing us Pathos
Since we’re authorized now, go through the door and continue across the corridor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3056 on: January 01, 2021, 11:43:11 am »

"Anytime!"

Check any video or other data I can find in the servers (using still frames to avoid being mind controlled) to see if I can find any clues about what happened here, how our target got free and if he is here right now and what other surprises he has prepared for us.

Download all the data I can from the servers. It might be worth something.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 02, 2021, 02:38:57 pm »

Try to complete the brainscan procedure to bring Anya back. We already have a harddrive with her brainscan, right? If not, try to procure one. There should be something suitable in this place.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3058 on: January 05, 2021, 11:36:14 am »

>Look around and see if there's anything I should worry about.
(Bold your actions for me in the future. Helps me see them. The light in this basement I'm currently imprisoned in is quite dim.)
Expendaclone 01 looks around.  To his left a large number of security personnel are playing cards. They appear to be using a standard deck of cards in addition to sports cards, gift cards, greeting cards, Uno cards, various trading cards, bits of shrapnel, and of course human body parts. They say "Go Fish" a lot but he doesn't notice them trading cards very often. Indeed one of them appears to be building a tower of cards while another continuously draws and then lays out hands of cards while shouting poker terms. There is a crocodile rolling around in the discard pile. Alligator?  Expendaclone isn't sure.

"Hmm."

Nearby a full synthetic man, who who is carrying a backpack larger than he is, is staring at a scanner and muttering to no one in particular. At his feet another man is fiddling with a clone body and consciousness injector. Down the hall a young woman and a robot spider are sneaking surreptitious looks out of a doorway.

"Mhmm."

The crocodile rolls out of the card game and starts waddling down the hall.

"I see."

Sam puts on her glasses as she starts filling the form. "Let's see... "Gender". Flesh-fluid "Cause of parents' death." Wanted to see how much LSD I could put on heart medicine before people noticed. "Do you have a history of substance abuse?"...No...."

Fill the form, continue playing the game, those fools don't know Sam is about to put her UNO Reverse Card in attack mode.

"You've fallen into my trap as YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD BITCH SLAP, and it ignores all your shitty cards and directly attacks your life points or some shit."
Use that big human hand I just got to slap whoever thinks their winning the card game and declare myself the winner.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Begin using my dominant position in the card games to try to win the souls of others, offering massage services as incentive. Also, keep an eye out for anyone that might run into situations where they need actual medical attention, since the closest thing we have to a genuine medic is about to commit science.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)

"Anyone wanna form a squad to go outside, crawl around the superstructure, and see if we can't find another entrance in to murder Derp?  I don't really wanna try the doom corridor again."

Give a name to the rifle that has seen its last two owners die: "Cold Comfort".  Seems appropriate.  Otherwise, sit around.  Idly take the pistol out, and start playing a better card game: throw cards into the air, then shoot them.  Punctuate each shot with a bored "Fuck Derp."

Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.
I have been told, by the skeleton that keeps me chained to the radiator and forces me to narrate this, that I am not allowed to talk about the card game anymore. He says its become too self aware and may actually become a sapient entity if keep drawing attention to it.  So um, don't talk about the card game. Or think about it either. Otherwise it might...I dunno what a sapient card game would be like but he assures me it would be dangerous.

"Hey there, vent crew, there are shaped charges at the end of that shaft, so maybe don't meddle with that particular grate. Seems like you're in the clear otherwise though. Just FYI. 

Also, nice one dealing with the defenses, guess we're about ready to go finish this ordeal. Finally."

There is indeed superstructure access here! Yagyu tells Ji this and then explains that all she'd have to do to reach it is pry up a few metal plates.  And force open a door. And cut off a metal seal.

Remind me, was this superstructure pressurized, or would creating an opening lead to problems for the oxygen-breathers among the team? And can we see any way to go from the superstructure into the command center proper according to the schematics?

Either way, give my stuff aside from the goop thrower, scanner and some sort of poking stick to Edward for the moment. Then inch forward carefully to test if the defenses are indeed disabled, use poking stick liberally, and scoot back quickly if it seems some might not be.

If that doesn't lead to my imminent and chunky demise, go closer slowly till I can see the door to the command room proper (make sure I'm in low FPS mode) and observe, also use scanner along the way to try and detect ambushes before they jump me. Does the command room seem locked or barricaded from what we can see? Any more cultists lying in wait?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
The superstructure has ambient pressure but low oxygen. Not instantly fatal low oxygen, but too low to survive on for extended periods. As per a way from the superstructure to the command center, there is a way. Though it would require cutting through a wall.

Yagyu hands his massive sack over to Edward.

Take care of all Yagyu's junk for him. Load it up in that laundry cart, because I don't have a literal spine of steel.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Edward receives Yagyu's massive sack and places it in a laundry cart.

"Anytime!"

Check any video or other data I can find in the servers (using still frames to avoid being mind controlled) to see if I can find any clues about what happened here, how our target got free and if he is here right now and what other surprises he has prepared for us.

Download all the data I can from the servers. It might be worth something.

[6]
Pathos lacks anywhere near the databanks to download even a small fraction of all the data on the servers, but he skims a bit and gets what he things is relevant.

He checks the video data as well. The feeds are still active currently but a large section of the recorded footage is damaged. Scrambled and artifacted beyond recognition. He might be able to fix it, but as is it provides little help. This might have been intentional, or it might have been part of why Mr. Friend managed to escape. Maybe he just took advantage of some sort of technical glitch?

Try to complete the brainscan procedure to bring Anya back. We already have a harddrive with her brainscan, right? If not, try to procure one. There should be something suitable in this place.

[6][3]
Edward finds a thumbdrive and loads Anya's mind onto it before sticking it in the injector.  He activates the scanner and it "reads" the drive with a dull explosive thud.  The single use wires hiss as information is transferred down them, burning them away in the process. In the hiss, Edward hears distant voices. 

The clone body stirs and then sits up; electrodes popping off the head as it does. Anya 2.0 looks around in confusion.

Waddle down the hallway into the control center and demand negotiations. If all goes well, eat negotiations. If all does not go well, eat the negotiators.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
If Bob makes it to the control room, follow him. If not, try to make sure opening the superstructure won't blow us all into space, and if so, prevent anyone from accessing the superstructure yet.

If I end up waiting around one more turn, try to test the experimental gun far away from the rest of the team. No one has been keeping track of the ammo for it, so can we assume I managed to obtain it somewhere along the way?

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Thanks for authorizing us Pathos
Since we’re authorized now, go through the door and continue across the corridor
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Bob, Ji, Tara, and Yagyu walk down the corridor. Yagyu does this with much apprehension and stick poking, while Bob and Tara just barrel straight down towards the door at the end.  Regardless of their methods, all four make it to the end of the corridor unmolested. At one point a pair of quarantine cannons do extend from the ceiling, but after tracking the group for a few seconds they retract with a quiet click of metal. The door to the command center is obviously locked down tight and its quite a door. Its in the style of the quarantine doors: a giant vault door which looks like its designed to stop a nuclear bomb.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Don't think about the card game.
« Reply #3059 on: January 05, 2021, 12:01:39 pm »

Bob, Ji, Tara, and Yagyu walk down the corridor. Yagyu does this with much apprehension and stick poking, while Bob and Tara just barrel straight down towards the door at the end.  Regardless of their methods, all four make it to the end of the corridor unmolested. At one point a pair of quarantine cannons do extend from the ceiling, but after tracking the group for a few seconds they retract with a quiet click of metal. The door to the command center is obviously locked down tight and its quite a door. Its in the style of the quarantine doors: a giant vault door which looks like its designed to stop a nuclear bomb.

How would one normally open this door, are the locks physical or digital (or both)? And do we have the keys and whatnot to open them from outside?

Would the defenses kick in if we start tampering with the doors despite our current access status?

Do those grates from before extend into the command structure?

The superstructure has ambient pressure but low oxygen. Not instantly fatal low oxygen, but too low to survive on for extended periods. As per a way from the superstructure to the command center, there is a way. Though it would require cutting through a wall.

What would we need to cut through this wall? Do we have the tools on hand to do so right now, and if not, could we cobble together something using what we have in this sector or at most 2 sectors ago?

Can I see any more defenses that would cover the superstructure?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:05:56 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 334