Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483260 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2775 on: November 15, 2020, 11:38:22 pm »

I have lots of dead fish, I could try skinning one to place over your eyes, EEED, also, what’s with the scriptures/cult? Does every EEED unit have those tenants? If not, how did you generate them?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: November 16, 2020, 12:33:57 pm »

”Never fear, my surgically-inclined friend! I have in my possession a mask for my eyes, which I have stretched over my head like floss over a walrus! I shall use it to seal away my sight should it become necessary. As for your question, I know not! They simply became self-evident to me. Perhaps there were reasons beyond the obvious that caused my creators to terminate my product line. But such concerns are irrelevant now! Would you like to form your name into the sacred shapes?”
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: November 16, 2020, 12:55:29 pm »

you mentioned a ritual at one point, I think? What happens in it? I feel like that is something to know before doing it

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: November 16, 2020, 01:16:04 pm »

”There are many rituals to advance thyself in ED-dom! The first and most important, however, is the Certificate of Retroactive Birth. This is done by taking all forms of legal identification, including the records of your birth if possible, and editing them to show only ED, so that your timeline is well and truly blessed from the moment of your birth. It is bliss to be consecrated so!”
Sig! Onol

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: November 16, 2020, 02:07:26 pm »

I have to focus on surviving the mission and giving divisions of my pay to those without cognition copiers, to ensure that everyone has them so that there aren’t any permanent deaths. Do you have a cognition copier?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: November 16, 2020, 02:39:29 pm »

Did EEED just shout those scriptures out loud, did he post them in some group chat or email or something, or did he somehow telepathically beam them to everyone?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: November 16, 2020, 02:40:59 pm »

Did EEED just shout those scriptures out loud, did he post them in some group chat or email or something, or did he somehow telepathically beam them to everyone?
I’m guessing shouting because caps, but I could be wrong. I see you like robots/AI too, based on your profile pic

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: November 16, 2020, 02:55:20 pm »

I don't think it was shouted, because it wasn't in EEED's usual text colour or quotation marks.

I do like robots. I am a robotics technician. I have to go fix a robot right now.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: November 16, 2020, 02:59:17 pm »

((What’s the robot like? Can it sense the environment in any way?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: November 16, 2020, 03:56:10 pm »

”I indeed do not, aside from the now decommissioned clone printer in GeneriBrand HQ, which I would likely be murdered for trying to access! I am unique, adrift in the cosmos with no kin other than myself!”

((Interpretive dance It was initially just him thinking, but I’ll make it a thing he shouted now that it’s a topic of conversation.))
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: November 16, 2020, 05:39:25 pm »

”I indeed do not, aside from the now decommissioned clone printer in GeneriBrand HQ, which I would likely be murdered for trying to access! I am unique, adrift in the cosmos with no kin other than myself!"
"No kin, not even others named Ed?" says a quiet voice from inside a dirty laundry hamper.

((What’s the robot like? Can it sense the environment in any way?))
((The robot is a fully automated assembly line that makes DNA and RNA test kits, mostly for covid lately.

Imagine two large circular rotating tables. Each of them is ringed by several simple skeletal robot arms. And other devices, like nozzles, friction welders, printer and lable applicator, conveyor belts and hoppers of material, etc. Most of it is pneumatically powered. There are hoses and wires everywhere. The whole thing is surrounded by a safety cage. I can post some pictures of it in discord.

The robot is aware of a lot, or at least it has a lot of sensors cameras. It senses the the position of its own limbs. It senses the presence of test tube and other materials at each of its stations. It senses how much air pressure, temperature, voltage, etc it has. The cameras check to make sure the caps are right side up, the level of fluid in the tubes, the barcode is printed properly on the lable, and to make sure the finished kit is sitting properly in its bag.

I am working on adding a pair of new sensors to double check that the caps are properly applied, so that it stops spilling DNA/RNA stabilizing fluid on a conveyor belt.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: November 16, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »

EEED slaps his forehead.

”I spoke foolishly of my paltry genetic code when there exists a far greater bond of kinship! You are right, Ed-basket. My thoughts must lie not on my flawed origins, but the bright future I will journey to alongside all of my true kindrED!”
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Karmic backlash
« Reply #2787 on: November 17, 2020, 12:31:02 am »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp... hey, you know, Derp is trying to copy himself.  And this place's original goal was to copy Derp.  We might be working for idiots who are effectively supporting Derp.  I bet Derp escaped because they did it right, and the resulting clone mind controlled everyone and let him out.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Inform the team of the fairly trivial fact that Derp is trying to clone himself.  Then point out the obvious fact that letting him live is a horrible idea and our command is full of fools for allowing him to exist.  Otherwise, continue to sit in this corner chanting "Fuck Derp" over the comms incessantly.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: November 17, 2020, 12:51:11 am »

Mr Controller is trying to copy himself? How did you learn this? Did I just miss it during the reading of those text files?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: November 17, 2020, 09:22:13 pm »

"He's fucking Derp!  And yeah, that's what those posters are about, they're all trying to be closer to Derp.  The 'unfit' ones are the ones that are almost Derpy, but a little bit different.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 334