Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483463 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2565 on: September 07, 2020, 12:11:44 pm »

Awake and in control. That’s good Mr. Controller hasn’t gotten to any of us, that’s a lot of people. Hi. What happened while I was out?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 07, 2020, 12:49:28 pm »

Ask the people what is contained within sectors G, D, B and A. Also, what the last known state of these sectors was. Also ask if they know of any shortcuts or bypasses. And finally, ask what the last status of Friendly was, and what is currently known about his forces and resources.

After that's done, search the sector for threats and loot.

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 12:55:08 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2567 on: September 07, 2020, 04:23:21 pm »

Bob will start banging or rubbing his gun against a doorframe trying to get it detached. The longer this is necessary, the more aggressive and crocs ... cross ... angrigator Bob will be.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 07, 2020, 05:35:29 pm »

Bob will start banging or rubbing his gun against a doorframe trying to get it detached. The longer this is necessary, the more aggressive and crocs ... cross ... angrigator Bob will be.
Help Bob detach the gun, figure out if I can wield said gun assuming detachment is successful
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 07, 2020, 05:52:24 pm »

Larry will search the room for any loot with mojo now that the human who knows how to human better than he does is awake. He'll also use W I C K E D W O R L D to help the cooler Bob with his gun problem.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: September 08, 2020, 02:16:44 am »

"Oh good they aren't going to shoot us."
Look for loot that doesn't belong to anyone.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 08, 2020, 02:41:47 am »

Ask them to explain what happened to them and what the current situation is.

Then help with the exploration of this sector (assuming the locals don't put up resistance, if they do dive for cover and goop 'em). Also search for the door to the next sector, don't open anything yet.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 07:34:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 09, 2020, 01:20:38 pm »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Continually chant the above while switching from the security rifle to the metalstorm pistol.  Disable five-second framerate.  Do not disable any other anti-sensory measures.

Analyze how threatening these people are.  How many guns?  Less than ten?  More than twenty?

Are any of the guns of a large enough size to pose a threat to a giant metal-armoured guardbot?

Do any of the people appear to be wearing anti-sensory apparel?

Are there any visible speakers or screens in this area?

If anyone on either side opens fire, scream for the robot to attack, and join in with it--prioritizing shooting those with the biggest guns.  Empty the pistol's magazine--that should allow at least three attacks.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Sensory deprivation suit internal video screen, currently set to full speed.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And sensory deprivation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under a sensory deprivation  suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing a sensory deprivation  suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And sensory deprivation suit.

((I changed all instances of "isolation suit" above to "sensory deprivation suit", because I looked back and that was the actual name given.  Also, isolation suits are actual equipment which isn't as nice.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2573 on: September 10, 2020, 12:54:08 pm »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Continually chant the above while switching from the security rifle to the metalstorm pistol.  Disable five-second framerate.  Do not disable any other anti-sensory measures.

Analyze how threatening these people are.  How many guns?  Less than ten?  More than twenty?

Are any of the guns of a large enough size to pose a threat to a giant metal-armoured guardbot?

Do any of the people appear to be wearing anti-sensory apparel?

Are there any visible speakers or screens in this area?

If anyone on either side opens fire, scream for the robot to attack, and join in with it--prioritizing shooting those with the biggest guns.  Empty the pistol's magazine--that should allow at least three attacks.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Sensory deprivation suit internal video screen, currently set to full speed.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And sensory deprivation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under a sensory deprivation  suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing a sensory deprivation  suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And sensory deprivation suit.

((I changed all instances of "isolation suit" above to "sensory deprivation suit", because I looked back and that was the actual name given.  Also, isolation suits are actual equipment which isn't as nice.))

Wil "teamkiller" fred  analyzes the situation.  8 guns, 2 pistols, 6 rifles. The rifles might damage the robot, but not majorly.  No anti-sensory gear. Visible speakers and video, but its damaged and likely is inoperable.

[5]
Bob removes the gun from his back. Comes off easier than he imagined and doesn't even take all his back scales with it.  Just a few.

Help Bob detach the gun, figure out if I can wield said gun assuming detachment is successful
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit

Tara wanders over to where Bob has already removed his gun and attempts to pick it up. [3] She can drag it around but can't get it off the ground. It might weigh more than she does.

Ask them to explain what happened to them and what the current situation is.

Then help with the exploration of this sector (assuming the locals don't put up resistance, if they do dive for cover and goop 'em). Also search for the door to the next sector, don't open anything yet.

"Oh good they aren't going to shoot us."
Look for loot that doesn't belong to anyone.
Larry will search the room for any loot with mojo now that the human who knows how to human better than he does is awake. He'll also use W I C K E D W O R L D to help the cooler Bob with his gun problem.

Ask the people what is contained within sectors G, D, B and A. Also, what the last known state of these sectors was. Also ask if they know of any shortcuts or bypasses. And finally, ask what the last status of Friendly was, and what is currently known about his forces and resources.

After that's done, search the sector for threats and loot.

The murderball attempts it normal methods: talking to the locals while also stealing everything that isn't nailed down while attempting to find a way out.  The ol' Greet, loot, scoot.  The following things are learned.

1. This area is apparently some kind of testing facility for people. Ie it tests their physical abilities. Stuff like running speed, swim speed, pain tolerance, strength, all that. There's very little here of value to a murderball unless they want to punch people with barbells.

2. Even so, the locals would rather you not steal it. 

3. Apparently they used to be under Mr. Friend's control but whatever he was using (probably the speaker system) shorted out or failed or something along those lines and they came back to themselves a while ago. They've been holed up here ever since.

4. They're not sure what's in the sector beyond this, only that they heard banging on that door a while back. They've kept the doors sealed and were awaiting rescue. Which you apparently are, much to their chagrin. They don't hate you or anything but...well...you don't seem like the most competent group.

5. They say there might be a way to bypass several sectors and get to sector B. It would involve moving along the superstructure outside this combined section though. And they're not sure whats out there.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 10, 2020, 03:47:57 pm »

Hmm. Do I have any idea what the super structure might be like? Are we talking space walk, or maintenance tunnels?

In any case, see if I can lift that giant gun. Also if I have any idea what it might do

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2575 on: September 10, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »

Now that I'm buoyant again, pool.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 10, 2020, 04:27:40 pm »

Impress the muggles via foreseeing the exact day and hour of their deaths while waiting for the murderball to find a way into the superstructure, not only it's a good way to kill time but also a nice party trick for demo-Humans, yes, humans, a good trick party trick for humans.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:26:32 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 11, 2020, 02:52:27 am »

How would we get to that superstructure exactly?
And if we got there, how would we get back into sector B?
Also, does this superstructure give access to any other sectors or areas?

Do we have any idea of what was in sectors G and D? Or what the sectors were used for?

Oh, and if Ji has trouble lifting the giant gun, search for a handcart or something to carry it with.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 11, 2020, 05:47:11 am »

Use my engineer powers to figure out how to get to the superstructure and what its like in the superstructure.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: September 11, 2020, 05:54:59 am »