Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483514 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2505 on: August 17, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »

"I wonder how long I should wait for them to stop stumbling in the dark. Oh well."

EDIT: See if I can get Wilfred that murderbot from the previous section he likes so much.

Once I finish playing robotic matchmaker, use my Limited Omniscience to make a map of this sector based on my teammates' previous movements. Provide guidance for those that haven't been swallowed up by the darkness. If Wilfred lets me know of the sector exit he found, make my way over to him while spraying a trail of glowpaint behind me so we can find our way back. Use the motion detector to maintain some awareness of things moving around me.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:00:18 am by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 17, 2020, 11:54:08 pm »

"Hey, you idiots, I found the way out already!  It's..." Wilfred pauses.  "Actually, you know what, fuck you guys.  Isn't one of you a medic?  I've been literally dying here for like an hour and none of you have done jack for me!  Pathos, Ji, and Yagyu, you three I'll send a text.  The rest of you selfish bastards can rot.  Have fun dying to whatever nightmares Derp put in this place."

Send a text to Pathos, Ji, and Yagyu, telling them how Wilfred got out and the path he took.  Don't tell anyone else.  Add a part to Pathos' message stating that it would be awfully swell if he could go back to the last sector and retrieve the heavily armed guardbot Wilfred managed to hack.

Oh yeah, and figure out how to open the sector exit.  Then open it, while immediately opening fire on whatever is on the other side.  Continue shooting until Wilfred is either 100% sure there is nothing alive on the other side, or Wilfred is certain he's made everything alive not-alive.  And don't worry about spacetime distortions putting allies on the other side either, even if there's teammates back there they can just weather the bullets.  Because someone needs to fucking get shot.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 18, 2020, 04:10:02 am »

"Why did I take this job, everything about it is awful."
Follow the group and shoot anything that isn't a part of the group, also push the button on that remote to see if anything happens.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 18, 2020, 05:11:29 am »

Use infrared vision to help navigate back to Wilfred.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2509 on: August 18, 2020, 07:04:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
While Bob eats, make sure nothing comes at either of us, by shooting whatever comes towards us, unless it’s a teammate, in which case don’t shoot unless attacked

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 20, 2020, 10:05:51 am »

Keep sticking with Yagyu. See if my echolaction is less susceptible to the current reality bendy stuff going on. If yes, use it to guide Yagyu and the others.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2511 on: August 20, 2020, 10:53:26 am »

While Bob eats, make sure nothing comes at either of us, by shooting whatever comes towards us, unless it’s a teammate, in which case don’t shoot unless attacked
BIG SNACK
Eat Big Snack.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
[5]

Tara sits and waits while Bob eats, keeping watch. After a few minutes of not much happening other than Bob noisily crunching away at flesh meat, starts to relax.  Bob finishes the fish shortly after and is immediately surprised that this is possible. That was the BIG SNACK! The BIG SNACK! How could it be gone so fast? He pounds a crocodile claw on the ground and finds that instead of homey stone and damp its metal again.

Somewhere nearby, they hear Wilfred yelling. They can tell its Wilfred because he's yelling about everyone abandoning him despite him staying behind.

"Hey, you idiots, I found the way out already!  It's..." Wilfred pauses.  "Actually, you know what, fuck you guys.  Isn't one of you a medic?  I've been literally dying here for like an hour and none of you have done jack for me!  Pathos, Ji, and Yagyu, you three I'll send a text.  The rest of you selfish bastards can rot.  Have fun dying to whatever nightmares Derp put in this place."

Send a text to Pathos, Ji, and Yagyu, telling them how Wilfred got out and the path he took.  Don't tell anyone else.  Add a part to Pathos' message stating that it would be awfully swell if he could go back to the last sector and retrieve the heavily armed guardbot Wilfred managed to hack.

Oh yeah, and figure out how to open the sector exit.  Then open it, while immediately opening fire on whatever is on the other side.  Continue shooting until Wilfred is either 100% sure there is nothing alive on the other side, or Wilfred is certain he's made everything alive not-alive.  And don't worry about spacetime distortions putting allies on the other side either, even if there's teammates back there they can just weather the bullets.  Because someone needs to fucking get shot.

Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?

Wilfred attempts to contact Pathos, Ji, And Yagyu but his messages are bounced back as lacking a proper recipient. Thats...an unsettling response.

The sector door is a little hard to work, what with everything being solid impenetrable black, but he figures it out after a few minutes of jabbing. He expects to immediately open fire on anything beyond the door, but his plans are foiled when all that lies beyond the door IS fire. Seriously. Just a burning room and fire consuming everything. Hmm. Pleasantly bright through.

He's also starting to feel less sick. Not 100% but better.

"Don't worry my fellow co-workers. To escape this we only need to use our skills in lucid dreaming to escape into the real world, reality is often easier to manipulate than putty in the parts. Through it's not really the "real" world since we ourselves are softboned mega-anthropoids living in our own little cognitive born reality, in a certain way that is."

Larry attempts to use his lucid dreaming skills to make himself a way out, all the while ignoring his softboned friends. After all only one of them needs to get out, so what if a few co-workers get stuck in a 3 googolplex long loop of death, torture, rebirth and nightmares?

[3]
Larry smiles, nods, says his piece about lucid dreaming and then closes his eyes.  And with a rather comical *POP* vanishes from existence.

He steps calmly out of the darkness around Wilfred a moment later, yawning.

"The dark parts of your psyche make for a lovely day trip, but on to more pressing matters for the moment."

"I wonder how long I should wait for them to stop stumbling in the dark. Oh well."

EDIT: See if I can get Wilfred that murderbot from the previous section he likes so much.

Once I finish playing robotic matchmaker, use my Limited Omniscience to make a map of this sector based on my teammates' previous movements. Provide guidance for those that haven't been swallowed up by the darkness. If Wilfred lets me know of the sector exit he found, make my way over to him while spraying a trail of glowpaint behind me so we can find our way back. Use the motion detector to maintain some awareness of things moving around me.

[7]
Pathos connects to the previous sector and calls the big robot friend over.  As it trundles over, he attempts to map out the sector. However this goes poorly as he has very limited data points. Namely, he has data points for himself, Tara, Bob, and Wilfred. Everyone else is "Out of range".  Oh wait, Larry just popped up with the rest of them. Hmmm. This isn't normal darkness. This is advanced darkness...

Elen had a mental purgant with her. Does it seem like this would be enough to counteract the effects of whatever this is? If yes, does one person getting out mean the others get to escape as well (or at least have an easier time) because that person can act as their anchor back to normal reality?

If yes, take it and just concentrate on getting back to normal reality. Then try to snap the others out of it as well.

If not, Using both the glowspray and the high visibility flares try to help us get 'proper visual stimuli ' again (aka spray a bunch of paint on the nearby walls and floor and light some flares to make light to bounce off of them).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[6]
Yagyu thinks that this might indeed counteract the current negative effects of the area. 

He attempts to take it only to realize he lacks the physical capacity to swallow pills and his mind is some sort of artificial duplicate of a dead man's. The sudden realization of his own existentially perilous nature so distracts him from his surroundings that he ends up standing next to Wilfred. He ignores the proximity of his teammate and instead stares into the darkness, both literally and figuratively.

Keep sticking with Yagyu. See if my echolaction is less susceptible to the current reality bendy stuff going on. If yes, use it to guide Yagyu and the others.

Use infrared vision to help navigate back to Wilfred.
"Why did I take this job, everything about it is awful."
Follow the group and shoot anything that isn't a part of the group, also push the button on that remote to see if anything happens.
The three remaining in the darkness do their best to escape, but echolocation, infrared, and buttons do nothing to save them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

The sound is closer now, larger. They can no longer feel or sense the walls. There is nothing but an open plain of damp stone.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 20, 2020, 12:19:55 pm »

Waddle along with Tara toward the isolation suit that is Wilfred. Give him a big, toothy grin in greeting. Look at the inflamed room and see if it has a fire suppressant system or an extinguisher or such, and what the state of such basic safety devices is.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 20, 2020, 02:40:27 pm »

((Prediction was correct, I will head toward Wilfred))
Head towards Wilfred, make sure he isn’t injured, if he is injured, attempt healing
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:52:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 20, 2020, 02:45:27 pm »

"Hey yo Wil, I see you found some fire, Too bad there's no Icons to go along with it, let me tell you a spit-roasted Icon of Depravity seasoned with some Wailing Sand and Ichor of the Fallen tastes great! It's just the right blend of salty, succulent and evil, if you want to I can bring some along to the company picnic, try to eat something new for a change, widen your horizons-Oh right, where were we again? Oh yeah, fire."

Larry searches for anything that would help with putting out the fire, that or lucid dreaming a fire extinguisher. It worked the last time.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 03:44:04 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 20, 2020, 05:14:15 pm »

Oof. Take a moment to recollect myself.

Then consider whether goop could be used to smother out some of this fire. Or would the goop just burn?

Also consider how long it seems this fire should last at the current rate. And is there some sort of access panel nearby that could grant us access to the vent system (maybe if we can close the vents and then close the door we can deprive the fire of oxygen, then do that hallway by hallway)?

Oh, and is there anything at all we could do for those still stuck in there? Or are they on their own?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 04:56:56 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 21, 2020, 02:54:58 am »

Wilfred glares at Larry, though the effect is lost since his isolation suit does not actually allow his face to be seen.  "Fuck you!  I don't understand any of what you just said, and that makes me angry!  Today has just been neverending shit, with us just marching right through deathtrap after deathtrap set by Derp, and I'm just--AGH FUCK THIS!"

Shoot the fire.  I know it probably won't kill it, but it's cathartic.  And if bullets aren't good for catharsis, what are they good for?

After shooting the fire, decide whether it would be safe to walk into the sector.  Maybe the isolation suit gives fire resistance?  Or maybe teammates put it out already?  In either case, forge ahead and search for the sector control center.  And continue shooting any speakers or screens seen along the way.  Also any people who aren't allies.  Maybe allies too if they get annoying, or attempt severe malpractice.  You know what I'm talking about.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 21, 2020, 04:55:49 am »

"There's no place like home..."
Close my eyes and think of home, maybe click my heals together while I'm at it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 22, 2020, 07:50:37 pm »

"This place is weird as heck. Symbi-chan, do you know how we get out of here?"

Ask the HELL symbiote inside of me if it knows what to do to get out of this predicament. If it has a suggestion, try and follow it as best I can.
If it doesn't, try and rack my brain for occult knowledge. Maybe I have knowledge about this sort of thing or something similar.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 23, 2020, 02:00:37 am »

Sit down and close my eyes for a moment.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 334