Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483900 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2175 on: May 10, 2020, 09:02:27 pm »

Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

Helene is talking as if she where a complete loon on drugs for all we know she very well might be thought she did pass a drug test maybe she is just unstable, she sounds way too enthusiastic about the concept of hitting things, she is smiling eyes darting around the room looking at her new fellow help, with her hand holding a null rod in her twitching palm.

Helene examines her syringe and the waifu bot Ji and covers her eyes when she enters a new room gun at the ready, she looks for pipes if she finds any, she attempts to rip it out and take it or a similar object as long as she thinks it won't kill her.

"Huh so this is the type of work we do dangerous how exhilarating...wait did they mention how much we get paid for this?

I forgot oh no matter, there be money to make I'm sure things to bash and a good time. I still miss the farm was wonderful, damn I heard of corporate goons but damn corporate fanatics I...feel my time here will be interesting and hopefully profitable."

From my experience of 2 missions, we get paid varying amounts based on things we did. Like I was paid a bit more in the first mission for being resourceful and helping fix an elevator. Payment isn’t discussed up front, but survivors will get paid. You mentioned a farm? What kind of things did you do on the farm?

Leslies is simply put standing up straight as a board, with a sickeningly saccharine smile, the corporate drone, dear Leslie lets a small flush cross her face, accepting a syringe, just a bit clumsily, gracelessly. Before turning towards the youngling, towards Tara with a nod of the head, hair swaying about, it certainly seemed as if she was happy to see them! Happy to know that one of Omnitechs youngest was still alive and kicking, serving as a true inspiration to them all, of how child labor laws were pointless and unneeded.

Her lips move, barely breaking the somewhat perhaps unnerving almost slasher-Esque cheery smile, to reveal an old voice that hasn't changed a bit, from the bubbly way too cheerful voice she's always had!

"Beloved Omnitech employee Tara! Our youngest little go-getter! It's been a few standard Omnitech cycles indeed! I've been servicing my betters, helping increase company productivity, the like. It's truly wonderful to see today's youth employed at so tender an age.

Would you perhaps like to as all the kids say, hang out at an Omnitech approved location, to improve and create company bonds together, whether through intoxicating beverages or otherwise?

I think it'd be swell~"

Glad you’re so happy to be here. It’s very dangerous, dealing with Mr. Controller. He can control people who perceive him in any way.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:06:17 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 11, 2020, 05:31:02 am »

"Sorry about fucking up and putting your limbs back in the wrong place."
Have my gun at the ready and follow the rest of the group into the next section.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 11, 2020, 06:58:31 am »

Onward! To the next sector or something!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 11, 2020, 11:54:12 pm »

Leslies is simply put standing up straight as a board, with a sickeningly saccharine smile, the corporate drone, dear Leslie lets a small flush cross her face, accepting a syringe, just a bit clumsily, gracelessly. Before turning towards the youngling, towards Tara with a nod of the head, hair swaying about, it certainly seemed as if she was happy to see them! Happy to know that one of Omnitechs youngest was still alive and kicking, serving as a true inspiration to them all, of how child labor laws were pointless and unneeded.

Her lips move, barely breaking the somewhat perhaps unnerving almost slasher-Esque cheery smile, to reveal an old voice that hasn't changed a bit, from the bubbly way too cheerful voice she's always had!

"Beloved Omnitech employee Tara! Our youngest little go-getter! It's been a few standard Omnitech cycles indeed! I've been servicing my betters, helping increase company productivity, the like. It's truly wonderful to see today's youth employed at so tender an age.

Would you perhaps like to as all the kids say, hang out at an Omnitech approved location, to improve and create company bonds together, whether through intoxicating beverages or otherwise?

I think it'd be swell~"

Glad you’re so happy to be here. It’s very dangerous, dealing with Mr. Controller. He can control people who perceive him in any way.

Spoiler: I love you Omnitech! (click to show/hide)

Leslie's posture faintly slackens, an eyebrow gently raises, a frown flickering across, her tone cheery, but...almost faintly scolding, the pitter-patter of boots growing a bit louder and the grip of black gloves around their weapon just a bit tighter, a glint in brown eyes, as shoulders roll in a jumpsuit masquerading as something proffessional.

"Beloved Omnitech© employee Tara. Do you doubt my ability to listen and consume information that comes in a standard Omnitech© briefing? I am fully aware of the threat this asset of the company is meant to provide and it's refusal to abide.

The Asset known as Mr.Friend shall be seized and brought back to their rightful place and used properly in conjunction with whatever Omnitechs needs are. Despite it's...disrespectful nature shown to Omnitech personnel."

A detached steelyness in the tall drones face as it stares down at something it sees as just potential, as a lifelong new worker, eyes soften and that cheery smile drifts back across.

"Beloved Omnitech© employee Tara, I hope we will be good friends."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MemesItIs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 12, 2020, 12:23:27 am »

From my experience of 2 missions, we get paid varying amounts based on things we did. Like I was paid a bit more in the first mission for being resourceful and helping fix an elevator. Payment isn’t discussed up front, but survivors will get paid. You mentioned a farm? What kind of things did you do on the farm?

Helene sounds absolutely over joyed, her face lights up & she is litterly shaking with excitment

"Well it was potatos plus livestock, it's was a huge farm and what I did wel-I fixed things and I helped with the harvest you know farmwork, oh glorious farmwork. It was the life also good place to bury bodys though I would not know that from experienc-flesh makes great fertilizer and ashes from bones. Helps to-I loved the farm, I still love the farm I hope ommnitech is at least half as fun. Oh yeah, I also did the butchery, my favourite part of my job."

One gets the distinct feeling, this person doesn't speak the best english.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: May 12, 2020, 02:26:30 am »

Spoiler: Gabe Toots (click to show/hide)
Onward to the next sector! Also, try to eat the zip tie if I have one.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 12, 2020, 09:10:45 am »

Spawn in. wherever seems like interesting. Bite something. I don't care what.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2182 on: May 12, 2020, 10:30:42 am »

I didn't realize Ji gave Wil her rifle, but sure, she can have it back.  As long as it isn't Wil's.

Before I forget, loot that guy who had his circulatory system punched out.  It was just a pistol, toolbox, and some flares.  Then drop the corpse and follow along with the group.  Continue to shoot anything suspicious, continue to mutter about torturing Derp.  Maybe by injecting things into his long bones?

...Mentally debate whether or not the corporate drone that appeared suddenly might be compromised.  If so, emergency cranial lead supplements might need to be administered.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 12, 2020, 11:03:28 am »

Leslie's posture faintly slackens, an eyebrow gently raises, a frown flickering across, her tone cheery, but...almost faintly scolding, the pitter-patter of boots growing a bit louder and the grip of black gloves around their weapon just a bit tighter, a glint in brown eyes, as shoulders roll in a jumpsuit masquerading as something proffessional.

"Beloved Omnitech© employee Tara. Do you doubt my ability to listen and consume information that comes in a standard Omnitech© briefing? I am fully aware of the threat this asset of the company is meant to provide and it's refusal to abide.

The Asset known as Mr.Friend shall be seized and brought back to their rightful place and used properly in conjunction with whatever Omnitechs needs are. Despite it's...disrespectful nature shown to Omnitech personnel."

A detached steelyness in the tall drones face as it stares down at something it sees as just potential, as a lifelong new worker, eyes soften and that cheery smile drifts back across.

"Beloved Omnitech© employee Tara, I hope we will be good friends."
I'm sure we will be friends, so long as we remain in control of our bodies

Helene sounds absolutely over joyed, her face lights up & she is litterly shaking with excitment

"Well it was potatos plus livestock, it's was a huge farm and what I did wel-I fixed things and I helped with the harvest you know farmwork, oh glorious farmwork. It was the life also good place to bury bodys though I would not know that from experienc-flesh makes great fertilizer and ashes from bones. Helps to-I loved the farm, I still love the farm I hope ommnitech is at least half as fun. Oh yeah, I also did the butchery, my favourite part of my job."

One gets the distinct feeling, this person doesn't speak the best english.
Oh, butchery, interesting. Part of fixing the elevator was having to use stomach acid to dissolve the corpse in the elevator gears. It's not butchery but it is dealing with carcasses. After this mission, you could buy axes or knives. Onto sector Q, I think?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 13, 2020, 11:08:44 am »

Use maggot demon to check how manifesting a layer of armour over my squishy parts would work.
Also follow Yagyu.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
[/b]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2185 on: May 13, 2020, 12:08:37 pm »

"Well done gang, that should hold them for a while. Now, let's get out of this godforsaken sector. Oh, and Ji, nice to have you back in one pie-... Well, nice to have you back."

To the next sector! Close the door behind us just in case so no demons can follow us (don't weld it, just regular closing). Make sure to walk in a wide arc around the stranded monster fish, just in case they have some fight left in them.

If I get a chance, try to craft that signal jammer I collected the parts for before, use a toolkit charge. Do not yet enable it so paris can have his bants.

5. Considered building a wall plug for a military laser. Calculated charge times as somewhere in the "several months" range and decided instead to investigate alternative fuels; an adaptor is a more likely solution.
To build this adaptor, what would we need to scavenge? And where could we find these parts? (assume we'd use a toolkit charge to try and build it)

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[5]Yagyu creates his signal jammer out of various garbage! Good for him.
[1] He considers what he would need to create the power adapter. Hmmm. Gallon of milk, loaf of bread, dozen eggs...

@Yagyu: "Note that the signal jammer will only disable micromanagement of enemy units in its radius. Our opponent can still send vague directions to his thralls even without a direct line of communication. Before activating the jammer, would you be willing to attempt to triangulate his position? Though he has shown no indication of lying so far, it is best to be certain we are going the right way. Just because he is a psychopath and a narcissist who thinks he is so much better than us, it doesn't mean he'll keep his word."

Speak to the guy we're supposed to capture some more.
"We are approaching your sector now. Assuming you were truthful in your statement. Will you honor your word and return with us without trouble should we reach you? If not, perhaps you would be open to the discussion of... alternatives?"

Do we have the equipment necessary to track him down based on his transmissions? Just to make sure he is where he says he is. Maybe with a computing cube? Or would we need to find/build specialized tracking equipment?

[11]
Pathos checks the origin of the transmissions. It seems to be coming from where Mr.Friend says he is, at least as close as is possible to tell.

I am a man of my word. Though you interest me as to your alternative; what is it you purpose?
Follow Yagyu to the sector
Tara noticed one recruit she’s seen before, and one new one
Hi Leslie, it’s been a while. Hi to the new ones too. My name’s Tara
She turns to the guy who helped her
Thank you for helping heal Ji, I don’t think I got your name. If we find any corpses, I might be able to make blindfolds for you
She then puts on her blindfold for the new sector

I think it'd be swell~"

Leslie will generally follow along, trying to fill out paperwork, she'll make sure to keep her gun handy and when they enter the room, put her computer away to indeed put on her blindfold, she'll make sure to steal some earplugs off a corpse/hopefully get some from teammate's who are good people if none on corpses and put them in as well, steal some organs off said corpses if easily done.

((And it feels good to be back))
We shall assume that Yagyu gives Leslie a pair of earplugs. Mostly because if he doesn't she'll probably stuff organs in her ears or something similar and that might sent a very dangerous precedent about the use of company property for personal reasons.

[2] Leslie attempts to repossess company property in the form of the organs of currently deceased employees. However, her lack of suitable tools...and knowledge...and time mean that the best she can do is grab a chunk of exposed circulatory system and pop it like a water balloon. She jogs after Yagyu, wiping gore from her hands as she does.

Helene is talking as if she where a complete loon on drugs for all we know she very well might be thought she did pass a drug test maybe she is just unstable, she sounds way too enthusiastic about the concept of hitting things, she is smiling eyes darting around the room looking at her new fellow help, with her hand holding a null rod in her twitching palm.

Helene examines her syringe and the waifu bot Ji and covers her eyes when she enters a new room gun at the ready, she looks for pipes if she finds any, she attempts to rip it out and take it or a similar object as long as she thinks it won't kill her.

"Huh so this is the type of work we do dangerous how exhilarating...wait did they mention how much we get paid for this?

I forgot oh no matter, there be money to make I'm sure things to bash and a good time. I still miss the farm was wonderful, damn I heard of corporate goons but damn corporate fanatics I...feel my time here will be interesting and hopefully profitable."

Helene examines her syringe. It is...a syringe. It is a small plastic tube with plunger that is used to inject whatever substance is in here into someone. Likely against their will. She has been told it is a tranquilizer. She reflects on the fact that a bullet to the head is also a tranquilizer, of sorts.

[6] She comes across a metal conduit piece that works for her definition of "Pipe". Its about 2 feet long and made of what seems to be tin? Shiny silver metal, like so many others.

Welp, it could be worse.

Pass out zip ties to everyone, get my rifle back from Wilfred, and proceed forward with the rest of the team.

EDIT- It was actually Yagyu who borrowed the rifle, I think.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji passes zipties out to everyone. She doesn't specifically state why...so who knows what everyone is gonna make of this weird hand foot robo-lady handing them packing supplies.

Spoiler: Gabe Toots (click to show/hide)
Onward to the next sector! Also, try to eat the zip tie if I have one.
[1]...Gabe apparently takes the gift of a ziptie as some sort of invitation to dinner as he immediately attempts to eat it.  And immediately drops to the ground and starts turning blue as he chokes to death.

I didn't realize Ji gave Wil her rifle, but sure, she can have it back.  As long as it isn't Wil's.

Before I forget, loot that guy who had his circulatory system punched out.  It was just a pistol, toolbox, and some flares.  Then drop the corpse and follow along with the group.  Continue to shoot anything suspicious, continue to mutter about torturing Derp.  Maybe by injecting things into his long bones?

...Mentally debate whether or not the corporate drone that appeared suddenly might be compromised.  If so, emergency cranial lead supplements might need to be administered.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Yagyu appears to have already looted that body, if memory serves. He seems to have deputized himself as the unofficial storage locker for all the stuff that corpses happen to drop.

[1] Wilfred, without warning, spins on his heel and shouts "DOPPLEGANGER!" at Leslie before opening fire on her for some reason. [10,2v4][1] (reduce use die). Leslie drops into a crouch as the rifle comes to bear and the rounds tear through the space where her head used to be.

"THIS IS GOING ON YOUR PERMANENT DISCIPLINARY RECORD!" She shouts, already typing away on her pad as she commando rolls into cover.

Use maggot demon to check how manifesting a layer of armour over my squishy parts would work.
Also follow Yagyu.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
[/b]
[reduce maggot to d6][7]
Richter succeeds on producing thick layers of rubbery maggot flesh over his body by layering the skin of the creature dozens of times and compressing it. It ends up with a consistancy like that of a tire. Its not exactly super great armor, but its definitely better than bare human skin.

Follow Yagyu to the sector
Tara noticed one recruit she’s seen before, and one new one
Hi Leslie, it’s been a while. Hi to the new ones too. My name’s Tara
She turns to the guy who helped her
Thank you for helping heal Ji, I don’t think I got your name. If we find any corpses, I might be able to make blindfolds for you
She then puts on her blindfold for the new sector
Kenneth prepares to repeat the maneuver he used to defeat the Founder as he enters the next sector, Kenneth will call it the Kenneth Underhanded Maneuver.

"Sorry about fucking up and putting your limbs back in the wrong place."
Have my gun at the ready and follow the rest of the group into the next section.
Onward! To the next sector or something!
Spawn in. wherever seems like interesting. Bite something. I don't care what.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

The venerable murderball rolls into the next section, presumably leaving behind the man choking to death on packing material and the two teammates attempting to murder each other because of paranoid delusions.  Immediately past the door is something that the murderball almost immediately opens fire on. Its an Aligator; not an uplifted humanoid aligator or something along those lines. Just an aligator. An aligator in the remains of a jump suit, wearing a name tag on his nose that signifies him as "Bob the Biter".  Someone has also helpfully attached a laminated note to his back explaining that this aligator is apparently a liscened mechanic and that his favorite food is raw chicken. Bob the Biter makes some sort of gutteral noise and starts slowly walking off into the sector. The murderball follows, somewhat confused.

This sector appears to have been some kind of aquatic research labratory. All the water that used to be filling it up came from giant tanks that have been smashed open and allowed to flow out into the rest of the sector. Everything is completely ruined, waterlogged and thrown about by the currents. The place is an absolute mess. They find 2 corpses, both of which seem to have drowned. They have the ear bud transmitters just like the others, but they've been ruined by the water.  There are a LOT of dead fish around here. Some still squirming.  None of them are familiar, most look like the sort of "Mother nature on acid" crap that you'd get from early earth. Cambrian explosion sort of stuff.  Judging by the tanks, they're also used to much higher pressures and colder temperatures. There's ice on the inside of the tanks and the cooling systems are still running, filling the entire sector with freezing currents of air, layers of frost, and fragments of ice. The water has almost entirely drained at this point, only remaining about ankle high were it was too low to drain into the previous sector.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2186 on: May 13, 2020, 04:30:09 pm »

To Syvarris

Leslie's heart is hammering that of an Omnitech© lovers heart, pressed up against a classical Omnitech© brand wall. Faint beads of sweat gleaming on down, from such a daunting exercise, her three-piece "suit" crumpled and smothered in just a bit of the blood that had been all over one of her hands. That bloody hand messes with her collar, letting her throat take in just a bit of a deeper breath.

Finally, her voice comes forth, Leslie's voice is tense even if cheerful, a little bit of a stunned stammer to that voice.

"B-Beloved Omnitech employee, you are greatly mistaken! I can assure you that indeed, I have not been compromised by the Asset known as Mr.Friend. Leslie Omnitech©under legal guardianship of Omnitech© and faithful go-getter employee is your staunch ally currently and would indeed prefer not to use the patented OMNITECH Gauss Mini-cannon, which comes in many different colors on demand-different colors may not actually be available.

I hope this was just a misunderstanding, I would not want your record to be grievously stained by the death of an Omnitech Employee unnecessarily! Beyond the confines of your job as security of course."

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:56:08 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: May 13, 2020, 05:06:27 pm »

Make choking noises and gestures for help and regret my life choices.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 13, 2020, 05:42:48 pm »

"Kenneth does not trust the water, he has seen many horror movies and they tell him a bg thing will jump out and eat one of us. If only there was someone on Kenneth's team who has experience in water environments...BOB!" Kenneth exclaimed in sudden realization and approached Bob (The reptile one, not the lame one) "Bob, do you think the other Bob knows anything about swimming, Kenneth thinks he looks like a swimmer but he's not quite sure."

MemesItIs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 13, 2020, 05:46:48 pm »

"Seems pretty solid water pipes usually are, this will work wonders so what's with the alligator-wait you're a mechanic how are you a mechanic when you dont have thumbs or hands? Also, can you understand me, nod if yes."

Heleen seems to be both genuinely curious and outraged in equal measure regards to the alligator.

Helene attempts to rips the pipe out of the wall & double-checks the alligator's name tag.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 334