Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 485065 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Void where Prohibited
« Reply #900 on: June 17, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »

go to the barracks! and buy the insurance.
"I am Blake Johnson, mildly useful security guard."
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 17, 2019, 01:29:11 pm »

"Hi, my name's Lucy"

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 17, 2019, 11:22:27 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Buy me a pair of robofeet for 200 (As stated in this post.), 3 generic security rifle magazines for 90, and a fire ax for 150.

Test out my robo feet by running full bore to the barracks, in the most threatening and hazardous manner possible.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 18, 2019, 08:41:38 am »

"Hi, my name's Lucy"
"oh, hi. you look familiar. are you related to Lyra by any chance?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 18, 2019, 09:03:35 am »

"Yep, I'm her sister. I'd watch her do her experiments. I heard she ended up dying on her first mission, I came here hoping to do some experiments of my own and hopefully not making fatal decisions. What bought you here?"

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 18, 2019, 10:21:14 pm »

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

Leveling Fate and Guns. Can't find price for generic security rifle, where that?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 19, 2019, 04:14:50 pm »

The discription of the janitor's incinerator backpack mentions that: "Can also be set to spray flame, though doing so is technically against regulations and highly dangerous." Do I know what exactly makes it dangerous? If not, try and figure it out. I want to try and come up with a modification that turns this danger down to acceptable levels and turn it into an usable weapon.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #907 on: June 19, 2019, 04:54:21 pm »

Head back to the barracks. I wanna meet up with our old friend as soon as possible.

"Bets! Y'all start betting on what kind of mission we're gonna have next, how big a disaster it will be, and how many of us die during the mission! Buy in is low, payout is probable!"

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Head to the barracks. Ask Pathos about the worm
Rezel slowly sneaks into debriefing (?) after the others enter, trying not to look suspicious.  He giggles quietly, then writes down his mission accomplishments:
>Did not die.
>Did not irreparably fuck anything up.

(Guns to d12, Will to d8)

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
"I guess I got to go to the barracks."
Go to the barracks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
go to the barracks! and buy the insurance.
"I am Blake Johnson, mildly useful security guard."
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Buy me a pair of robofeet for 200 (As stated in this post.), 3 generic security rifle magazines for 90, and a fire ax for 150.

Test out my robo feet by running full bore to the barracks, in the most threatening and hazardous manner possible.

(Rezel gets 550 Omni)
(Some guy whose name I can only imagine is "Sheet" due to the spoiler and lack of name within, gets his insurance)
(Kerberos gets his robofeet and various other items. His robofeet function a lot like normal feet, but more metally and he doesn't need shoes)

Back in the barracks a pair of familiar faces await. Well actually they're only familiar to...Jon, Rezel and Kerberos, to the rest of the people there these odd figures are completely new.  The first is Reginald, the silver furred Orangutan like ape in a mechanical exoskeleton that a certain cowardly security man shot some time ago. His fur is somewhat patchy from having to cut out goo and surgically remove bullets.  The second is the more -at first glance-normal looking orangutan which was lovingly dubbed the "Anime Ape". It is currently striking a very difficult to describe pose that looks like something you might see if you took a picture of someone mid ballet dance, all twisted and bent backwards with its arms artfully splayed.

Well hello my friends!

Reginald says, albeit through the use of his brain helmet's synthesized voice as opposed to his actual one

I can't say our first meeting went well, but I can forgive it. Times were tense of course and I'm sure no harm was meant. However, I do think it is wise that we impliment a few changes in how situations like that are handled in the future, just for the good of the department, you understand. That is why I and Mr...

He looks at the Anime Ape and gestures for him to speak.

あなたの言いたいことがわかりません

...Yes, well. Why myself and my college here have been made your direct supervisors.

白猿は話しすぎます。

From now on we're going to have complete control over this security unit, including its supplies, missions, housing, and policies. And we have big changes in mind, jolly big changes. You need not worry about your futures any longer! Ha ha! I've taken the liberty of getting several more vending machines installed down the hall and even hired a questionable fellow who says he'll pay for unused items and what he called "collectables". I don't know what he means but he seems the class of man that you working types would get along with.

Ah but before I forget, I have a card here from the higher ups. They say that...
He carefully reads a small piece of paper The one named Spuds has been promoted to Senior Security, and the one called...Pathos? What names you lot have, ha ha. Well this Pathos fellow has been promoted to Senior Technitian. Both come with a 100 Omni per mission raise! Very nice indeed. You should tell them, if you see them.

Follow a few of the others to the Flesh Bar, to, as they say, "hang out".

Clem taps Pathos on the shoulder and makes a quizzical murmur, indicating the unknown worm organism.

Inspect the "worm thing" that Pathos apparently found. What is it, and is it usable?

[3]
Clem believes that this worm is a symbiote. How to use it or what that means is utterly beyond the lump of paranoid pasti-flesh on robolegs.

I don't appear in the list of payments.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Fate to d8 and guns to d6.

Spoiler: Stuff Steve did (click to show/hide)
650 OMNI.

"Good luck to them." Pathos murmured as he dismissed the notification about HR looking for him.

"Bill! Already here, I see. You sure are a quick bastard."
Pathos went up to Bill and took a seat next to him.
"You can thank my pal Jon for sniffing out this place. Janitors sure know how to find gems in deep dark corners. And he's one of the best. He's got that mix of 'bare minimum' work ethic combined with selfishness and misanthropy. Plus a love for burning things and capturing interesting creatures. A man after my own heart."
Pathos waved to Jon as he went away.
"We even have a betting pool going on. Betting on number of deaths, how things will be screwed up, that sort of thing. I can deal you in, if you're interested." he added before turning to the bartender to order a drink.
"I'll have what he's having."

Order a drink. See if Bill would be interested in the betting pool.
((I have more I want to say, but I think it's best I take it one post at a time.))

"Oh an interesting offer to be sure, but one I will decline. I bet on death often, but in a different way, if you understand." He giggles a bit.

The bartender hands Pathos a duplicate of Bill's drink and Bill motions for her to put it on his tab. She nods and returns to polishing a glass. Pathos takes a sip and the drink tastes of artificial raspberry, sugar, citrus, and absurdly strong alcohol.

Go to the infirmary and see if someone there can help me with identifying the implant.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
You'll have to remind me what it looks like and where you got it.
Level to dex and mechanics.

Go shopping.  Sell off a 3-pack of stims.  Look for some fancy loads for the generic rifle as well.

Spoiler: shopping list (click to show/hide)

[2]
Sell? To who? The vending machine? Gonna shove it in the slot and hope it spits out money?  Ye madman.

As per fancy loads, I ain't got none made up yet so...go suggest some on the document so I can get them made.

Go sell the bobblehead if it's worth any money, but two new magazines for 60 to replace the one use magazine and the partially empty one, then go see about having the artificial arm examined before seeing how much it would cost to have it replace my current arm.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Again, selling to a vending machine?

You can have implants implanted for free.

Bought.

Bounce around a bit looking for any other shops, stores, traders, or black market locations. After that, head to barracks and ready-up.
Oh, also! See if I can trade my fireaxe for a claymore!

[8]
You wander off near the barracks and find several vending machines in a small room nearby. Looks like Weapons, Ammo, Implants, and Items, all in one convenient place! It even comes complete with a strange man wrapped in garbage and medical biohazard bags who leers out of the air vent in the roof and whispers to you that he wants your items.

Yay, drinking on the job!

How much for a spare goop thrower tank?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

Leveling Fate and Guns. Can't find price for generic security rifle, where that?
Not listed currently, 300 for the rifle 30 for the ammo.

The discription of the janitor's incinerator backpack mentions that: "Can also be set to spray flame, though doing so is technically against regulations and highly dangerous." Do I know what exactly makes it dangerous? If not, try and figure it out. I want to try and come up with a modification that turns this danger down to acceptable levels and turn it into an usable weapon.

The reason it is dangerous is because you're basically forcing the mechanism to function in reverse which can result in the reactor overheating  and melting down in a rather explosive way if its overused.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Monkey Business
« Reply #908 on: June 19, 2019, 04:58:33 pm »

So now MOST items on the arsenal can be bought from the vending machines. Not all, but most. Easier to just assume its there unless you try to buy it and it isn't. Only stuff for sure not there is the stuff that is marked undiscovered or ???.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #909 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:52 pm »

Go to the medbay and request installation of my Symbiote and a Voice Manipulator while they're at it. If they say they don't sell the Voice Manipulator, then go down to the vending machines and buy one from the Implant Vending Machine, walk back to the medbay and have it installed. Oh and buy a Shrieking Skull.

Also check if the Necromantic Instigator is currently available.

Also also check if ceiling guy wants to buy a shattered H.E.L.L. orb.

Also also also ask ceiling guy about collectables.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:13:27 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 19, 2019, 05:19:03 pm »

Buy a Waifu bot, because nobody can tell me I can’t. Throw in the extra 12 Omni to make the bot an extra Thicc ninja catgirl. Name her KitKat. Have her follow me on the mission.
If I can get a full refund for my fireaxe, sell it and buy a claymore. Sell my FoF market to creepy guy.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:21:10 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #911 on: June 19, 2019, 05:43:49 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Go to sell the wedding rings, two calculator watches, the keycards and the cigarettes.

Also buy OMNITECH Reactive Personal Shield generator (d8 protection but has d4 use die. Recharges between missions)
Price: 500 OMNI, OMNITECH Ear Plugs (Provides protection against loud noises and certain auditory effects)
Price: 5 OMNI

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #912 on: June 19, 2019, 05:50:27 pm »

"I understand. I suppose it's more fun when you can see the deaths for yourself. And influence the results." he added with a smug smile.

Pathos took an experimental sip from the strange drink, gagged and coughed a bit.
"Wow! This is horrible. I love it!" he commented before taking another sip, now a bit more prepared for its taste.

"Anyway. I heard HR's been looking for me. Would you happen to know anything about that? Could the perhaps have finally realised my superior skills and given me the promotion I deserve?"

"Or are they just going to complain about me not following some stupid rule or some other nonsense like that? Because I'm in no mood to argue with idiots. Both incidents had a problem standing right next to the door it came through. Shoving it through that door was the smartest and most efficient choice to protect our assigned facilities."

"I assume an experienced man such as yourself would know of ways to avoid such wastes of time, yes?"

Ask Bill if he has any idea about why HR is looking for me, something good or something bad. Also ask if he knows of any ways to avoid or reduce the ire of HR should they be displeased with me.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2019, 08:57:25 pm »

That shady guy looks shady, but probably has money.  Hopefully.  Sell 3 stims to shady guy.  Offer black keycard, see if it's worth money.

Ask shady guy if he knows a contact for a ticket back home, this place is getting weird.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:40:06 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 19, 2019, 08:59:42 pm »

Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)
Use the hazard detector and walk around to different rooms to find something. If what I find is hostile, run back to barracks and tell people what I find. If hazard is disease related find cleaning materials
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 334