Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 485111 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory
« Reply #810 on: June 06, 2019, 02:40:55 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spud can stand by himself run to Benny and see if his dead or almost dead.
If almost dead open a medical kit and treat him.
If dead loot his corpse.

Steve runs over to Benny's body and looks him over. His head is basically only still attached by the spine and a quick check shows he has no heart beat. If Steve had some sort of brain saving device he might be able to crack Benny's egg and keep him alive that way but...as is he's already expired and by the time Steve could get him to the infirmary he'll probably be unrecoverable.  So...Steve decides to just loot the body.

Spoiler: Benny's Inventory (click to show/hide)

The money is on a card that is password locked though.

“If old Ben really bit it for good, I could use his ammo. I’m almost out.”
since no one else is doing it, finish off the monster gooped to the floor.
Point gun at door, if another diamond head pops up, shoot it.
Follow the others in pursuit of the diamond head. Shoot on sight. If I have any ammo left, have my rifle out, otherwise have the mini-cannon out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[1]
Lance expends his entire magazine on the trapped beast only to realize in the end that he's seriously damaged the floor and missed very shot.
(Magazine expended)

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

I'm so sorry! But I could swear that you've not told me to reduce my die like, ever. Is there a part of this I'm forgetting? I think I've just been insanely lucky with that.

Trust the care of Benny to someone who could manage it and advance to cover, keeping my gun up in case the thing makes another appearance (shoot it then)
((Each magazine the gun has, has a d6 use die. When you shoot with it, I roll that d6 and if I roll 1 or 2, the use die of the magazine reduces to d4. If I roll 1 or 2 on that die next time you fire, the magazine is out. So instead of 3d6 or whatever, you have something like

Shooty gun (d6) and magazine (d6)
2 Shooty Gun Magazines (d6)

and if I tell you to reduce the die it would look like

Shooty gun (d6) and magazine (d4)
2 Shooty Gun Magazines (d6)

And if it runs out and you reload

Shooty gun (d6) and magazine (d6)
1 Shooty Gun Magazine (d6)
1 empty shooty gun magazine. ))

"Need some help here.  Can I get a technician with me?

Pursue the diamondhead.  If a tech comes with me, prep the EMP grenade for use on the diamondhead, to use if the tech says it's safe to throw without releasing more monsters.  If not, prep my rifle, or prep for blocking melee attacks if there are 3 or more shooters with me.

If prepping the EMP nade requires a mechanics roll, then run over and prep it for him. Then, run for cover!

If I can't help with the nade, then run for cover! Once good cover is found, shoot a glob of sticky goop at the diamondhead if it shows it face again, or at the already downed monster if it doesn't.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Chase after the diamond head, ignite a flare and throw it at the monster, then shoot it in the face.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Find cover and be ready to fire on that new monster if it appears or the first one if it starts moving again.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

Lance, Jengo, Spuds, Yagyu, Heather, and Jack all head into lab three in a big cluster, sweeping their guns and eyes about as they slowly advance.  Past the initial entry room where Yagyu got assaulted earlier, there is a wide open lab area. Its three tiered, with the bottom tier in the center and successive higher tiers to the left and right. There are 12 of the containment pods seen earlier; two are broken while the rest are intact; though the contents of each tube varies between whole body and single organ or collection of thinly sliced tissues The lab spaces themselves are similar to what they saw in lab 1, but a bit more nightmarish. There are whole human bodies here, surgically cut open and partially spliced with infernal tissue,  muscles and nerves and organs exposed and carefully separated like images from anatomical text books.  The far wall has another blast door, though this one is apparently stuck because it keeps closing part of the way, grinding in a spray of sparks, and then opening again. Somewhere nearby there's the sound of bone talons clicking against metal and a gurgling giggle. It seems to come from multiple places at once, but its difficult to say exactly where.

There are a few corpses of lab techs and scientists here, but surprisingly few. There's a lot of blood though, and marks as though bodies might have been moved.

[4] Jack tells Spuds that using an EMP shouldn't effect containment, as the containment systems,especially in this lab, should be shielded.

Look for anything that could be used to cause a phase change event while staying behind what remains of the wall of security.

[4]
Clem knows that if there are HELL creatures here then it is extremely likely there's a phase interface machine somewhere nearby. Rarely are HELL materials procured externally and transported, they tend to be captured using phase interfaces in the labs where they are to be used. If the phase interface is activated, hopefully with the coordinates tuned to someplace other than HELL, then the resulting phase space distortion should wipe out the pseudo creatures. If Clem had to guess where the phase interface would be, then Clem would guess its behind that final blast door back there.

Blake peeks at the detector. Then, he follows anyone who will go deeper into the lab. But first, help stabilise Benny.
"Wait, what's cordite?"
Name: Blake Hawthorne
According to the detector, Cordite is a generic -though actually misused- moniker for a variety of smokeless propellant used in explosive driven projectile weapons.

Blake follows the rest of the group in, though a bit behind as he stops to check on Benny first.

((I'm totally cool with the Murder Pot running the bets as an RP thing. I'll keep the bets in my character sheet))

"What d'ya think, Pathos? It sounds like a win-win deal to me. She gets a new avenue of entertainment and income, and we get access to an audience ofr our buffoonery and suffering, for money and alcohol!"

Negotiate terms with the Bowtied Bartendress. As in, how much of a cut, how big, colorful, and sparkly the free drinks might be, and if we might be able to get some kind of souvenir with the bar's name on it to put on the Murder Pot for free advertising.

Spoiler: Things Jon did (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
((Thats fine then.))
[1]
The bartendress does not seem to take to Jon's salesmanship and interuption very well and seems to ignore him in favor of focusing on Pathos.

Check how much I know about Hell Particulates, if any
Without your character sheet I'm not really sure.  But we'll roll 1d4 anyways.

[3]
HELL Particulate matter is a blanket name given to any particles unique to the H.E.L.L. phase space/dimension.  They tend to be found in areas where phase interfaces or materials from hell are present. Greater concentration means greater connction and in high enough concentrations the spontaneous generation of HELL pseudo creatures and other phenomena is possible.

"Sure. Sounds good to me. I'll let you work out the details."

Ask around for anyone that might want to get rid of explosives and/or a small vehicle (e.g. motorcycle) in exchange for OMNI.

If nothing is found, buy Firebomb crafting materials from the bar and attempt to create a few. Or buy some ready-made if they're selling.

[6] One of the guys in the bar offers to sell Pathos Hellfire bombs for 30 OMNI each. He asks what they are and he says they're a sphere of napalm around a white phosphorus incendiary grenade.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 06, 2019, 02:55:50 pm »

Stay behind the people who actually have armor. Use scanner to determine where exactly the monster is, either by using the microphone to determine the source of the sound or by looking for the direction of the highest concentration of HELL particles. Or maybe try thermal scanner? If I can find the beast's location, point it out to my teammates.

As always, goop whatever baddies come into view.

EDIT: if ziizo/Steve doesn't want that riot suit, I wouldn't mind taking it, a little bit of armor would be nice.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:02:55 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 06, 2019, 02:57:12 pm »

(I’ve been doing my ammo wrong. Just dropping when told to reduce instead of reducing to 1d4. Could I have one magazine back to correct the error oh benevolent bone lord? Or get the 2 1d4 magazines and just say I switched out the partially empty ones?)
If no, then go loot a few magazines off Benny. Then go back and proceed with the shooting things that don’t look friendly.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:09:31 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #813 on: June 06, 2019, 03:34:18 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Leave behind the riot suit, the electrical behavior modification implant and the half-eaten OMNI-SNACK bar.
Give Lance Bradley three of Benny security rifle magazines.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 06, 2019, 04:21:48 pm »

Here is my character sheet. Is a reroll possible?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #815 on: June 06, 2019, 04:46:45 pm »

Scan for the diamond head using cameyes. If I detect it and it's not in the room past the blast door, dash forwards, slide under the door while it's partly open, and look for the phase interface. If I can't detect the diamond head, stay behind the security and hope we move forwards. If I can detect it but it's in the way, point it out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #816 on: June 06, 2019, 05:09:25 pm »

"This incendiary device is indiscriminate, irresponsible and immoral! In other words, exactly what I'm looking for. I'll take 4."

Buy 4 Hellfire bombs for 120 OMNI and a good drink for 5 OMNI.

And now that I'm properly armed with a weapon I can actually use, start making my way to the lab.

"By the time I get there they'll either all be dead or they'll have taken care of those monsters. But on the off chance they are still fighting, I'll be able to use my new toy to make sure I win my bet."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #817 on: June 06, 2019, 08:46:34 pm »

Purchase another Incinerator (the drink), drink it, and follow Pathos back to the labs. Incinerate Benny and the goo'ed Hell creature.

((forgot that would be a speech roll trying to negotiate with the bartender. Good thing I didn't try to flirt with her.))

"Hey Pathos, that bartender sure is cute. Think I got a shot with her?"

Spoiler: Things Jon did (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 06, 2019, 10:08:28 pm »

Blake watches as Lance completely fails to shoot the trapped monster. He takes a shot at it, and then joins the rest of the team, pointing the gun at all the creepy sounds.
"okay, I'm gonna have nightmares for ever and ever now."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #819 on: June 07, 2019, 06:56:40 am »

"Hm. She appears tough, probably with some fighting experience from dealing with unruly customers. Taking her on head on would be inadvisable, especially in her workspace where her guard is bound to be up. Your chances would be far better if you chose an indirect assault or better yet to ambush her, to take her by surprise with an ingenious plan. There are various chemical concoctions I could manufacture to aid you in that endeavour, if you are interested. I suggest going with olfactory or visual stimulation, given that she's probably developed a resistance to and/or ways to avoid ingested substances due to her workplace."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 07, 2019, 07:38:57 am »

"Think she has something against those goop guns? I bet if we just goo'ed her down good, I could make some nice smells and sights for her. How do we find out where she lives though?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #821 on: June 07, 2019, 08:10:38 am »

"That could work, though you shouldn't assume she is into bondage play merely due to her profession. It's better to clarify such things beforehand to avoid misunderstandings. Or so I've read."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 07, 2019, 08:17:35 am »

((Knew I should have stayed away from the lab.))

Spawn me in the barracks please.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 07, 2019, 08:33:31 am »

Check how much I know about Hell Particulates, if any
Without your character sheet I'm not really sure.  But we'll roll 1d4 anyways.

[3]
HELL Particulate matter is a blanket name given to any particles unique to the H.E.L.L. phase space/dimension.  They tend to be found in areas where phase interfaces or materials from hell are present. Greater concentration means greater connction and in high enough concentrations the spontaneous generation of HELL pseudo creatures and other phenomena is possible.

Knowledge d10

Can there be a reroll for last turn, since now there is the sheet?

Find HELL particles and concentrate them to see if I create a creature and hopefully learn more about the particles

Hotfire90

« Reply #824 on: June 07, 2019, 01:13:48 pm »

Stay behind the armored security guards. Ignite a flare and throw it at the diamond head if we discover it, also allow Spuds to take a flare.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 12:24:40 pm by Hotfire90 »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 334