Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: No threads about France?  (Read 8191 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: No threads about France?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2018, 01:21:47 pm »

I'll be honest being explained by a foreigner how we do live our lives is a strange out of body experience but hey, we only live once so might aswell try, lol

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2018, 01:22:02 pm »

Oh. My bad !
To the ignore list he goes. Sorry, I didn't knew better. Thanks chairman.

Technically any change of chairman is a revolution
How many classical marxists do you need to screw in a lightbulb?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2018, 01:24:45 pm »

How many anarchist to screw a lightbulb ?

How many feminists to screw a lightbulb ?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2018, 01:25:49 pm »

I'll be honest being explained by a foreigner how we do live our lives is a strange out of body experience but hey, we only live once so might aswell try, lol

My French girlfriend who is studying in my country was telling me about the poor people who live in the same town as her parents.
She seems to be aware of the problem in your country and she is only 23.

Again maybe try going outside, she is never on the tv or computer, her parents raised her without them.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2018, 01:32:15 pm »

Please tell me all about your french friends so I know for a fact you are not racist

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »

This thread has motivated me to learn how the ignore list works, and I'm not even involved.

It was literally just reading it. I never even thought about looking for it before. Bravo.

Please tell me all about your french friends so I know for a fact you are not racist

Yeah this sums it all up actually.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2018, 01:36:06 pm »

How many anarchist to screw a lightbulb ?

How many feminists to screw a lightbulb ?

How many Norwegians does it take to screw a lightbulb?
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2018, 01:47:27 pm »

La nuit, tous les chats sont gris. Unless they're wearing retroreflective yellow, I suppose.

From here on the sidelines, it looks more like the 2011 London riots (a single point of contention boiled over, sparking up othe edge issues that caused it to be taken up a bit by a few alternate causes but ultimately dominated by "I like rioting, I do!" copycats) than even the 1990 Poll Tax Riots (closest thing to a revolution). Cannot even be compared to the 2000-2007 fuel protests (ideologically closest to the French situation, at the start) which arguably contributed to the momentum that led to the handover to the ConDems in 2010, but wasn't really revolutionary.

Not that I think my comment will help this thread, but I'm hoping it'll keep the average quality up. And be ignored.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2018, 01:49:29 pm »

He totally has several girlfriends that love to sleep with him thanks to his steroid abuse. He told us in life advice, didn't you know?  :P

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:58:21 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2018, 01:50:40 pm »

La nuit, tous les chats sont gris. Unless they're wearing retroreflective yellow, I suppose.

From here on the sidelines, it looks more like the 2011 London riots (a single point of contention boiled over, sparking up othe edge issues that caused it to be taken up a bit by a few alternate causes but ultimately dominated by "I like rioting, I do!" copycats) than even the 1990 Poll Tax Riots (closest thing to a revolution). Cannot even be compared to the 2000-2007 fuel protests (ideologically closest to the French situation, at the start) which arguably contributed to the momentum that led to the handover to the ConDems in 2010, but wasn't really revolutionary.

Not that I think my comment will help this thread, but I'm hoping it'll keep the average quality up. And be ignored.

Info on the 1990 Poll Tax?

As far as I can see:

1981 – Rodιo (riot), riots that consisted of stealing cars, driving them in tight circles, and ultimately burning them
1991 – Violence broke out in Sartrouville after the fatal shooting of an Arab teenager by a supermarket security guard.[1]
1991 – Rioting occurred in Mantes-la-Jolie after a policewoman and an Algerian man were killed.[2]
1997 – Rioting occurred in Dammarie-lθs-Lys after 16-year-old Abdelkadher Bouziane was shot and killed by police and his 19-year-old friend wounded.[3]
1998 – Two days of riots occurred in suburban Toulouse after 17-year-old Habib Muhammed was shot by police during a car theft.[4]

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2018, 01:56:25 pm »

La nuit, tous les chats sont gris.
No but you're right. That discussion on terms was like the movement ; acephalous. The movement is caused by a protest against the ecotax, but has been joined by a lot of people from different political background, some (in the suburbs notably) having their own problems due to Paris-specific wealth inequality (which is a long standing problem caused by a rather anarchic city politics, not going into details but because people in different quarters have extreme wealth just next to extreme poverty, shit blows up at intervals).

You add to that a situation, after three consecutive bad management, where the majority government reigns supreme because it crushed the polls during the last elections, and minority politics are unable to do anything democratically, and see their chance in the riots.

Fast forward first december, a group of national flag carrying thugs attack the arc de triomphe and take the mobile gendarmerie by surprise, and people freak out. Groups like agricultors and road worker announce they will join the movement and we were on our toes for a week, because if you would add them to the protest, the balance *could* have shifted.

And now... well. Wet firework. Nothing happened. Everyone is home now. Government is opening consultations for the upcoming months.

This is pretty much the informations I could gather

He totally has several girlfriends that love to sleep with him thanks to his steroid abuse. He told us in life advice, didn't you know?  :P

OMG I always wanted to meet a nigerian prince, I hope he's not a clone
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:01:51 pm by Cathar »

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2018, 01:57:53 pm »

No but you're right. That discussion on terms was like the movement ; acephalous. The movement is caused by a protest against the ecotax, but has been joined by a lot of people from different political background, some (in the suburbs notably) having their own problems due to Paris-specific wealth inequality (which is a long standing problem caused by a rather anarchic city politics, not going into details but because people in different quarters have extreme wealth just next to extreme poverty, shit blows up at intervals).

You add to that a situation, after three consecutive bad management, where the majority government reigns supreme because it crushed the polls during the last elections, and minority politics are unable to do anything democratically, and see their chance in the riots.

Fast forward first december, a group of national flag carrying thugs attack the arc de triomphe and take the mobile gendarmerie by surprise, and people freak out. Groups like agricultors and road worker announce they will join the movement and we were on our toes for a week, because if you would add them to the protest, the balance *could* have shifted.

And now... well. Wet firework. Nothing happened. Everyone is home now. Government is opening consultations for the upcoming months.

This is pretty much the informations I could gather

Macron is sitting at an approval rate under 20%

There is no other nation in the world where the leader of the country has such a low approval rate.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2018, 01:58:56 pm »

I choked on my water laughing at this are you trying to injure me sir with your jokesmithing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2018, 02:01:25 pm »

Enjoy him while he lasts. I think that he's due to end up in the forum roll of honor after this daring raid. See, I think he was largely enduring because he kept to the lower boards.... I mean, the lower ...lower boards...  and getting more visibility in GD didnt really help his cause :p

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2018, 02:09:03 pm »

Enjoy him while he lasts. I think that he's due to end up in the forum roll of honor after this daring raid. See, I think he was largely enduring because he kept to the lower boards.... I mean, the lower ...lower boards...  and getting more visibility in GD didnt really help his cause :p

Can you keep on topic in this thread or don't post in it anymore.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8