Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: No threads about France?  (Read 8218 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No threads about France?
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2018, 12:46:49 pm »

No. Military coups are not revolutions.
Remember kids:
If it's from within a government (military still counts as government): it's a coup.
If it's from without a government: it's a revolution.

The definition of revolution disagrees with you.

Remember kiddies if you don't understand definitions, no one will ever take you seriously.

rev·o·lu·tion
/ˌrevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
a forcible overthrow of a government or social order in favor of a new system.
synonyms:   rebellion, revolt, insurrection, mutiny, uprising, riot, rioting, insurgence, seizure of power, coup (d'état)
"the French aristocracy was ill-prepared to quell a revolution"
an instance of revolving.
"one revolution a second"
synonyms:   turn, single turn, rotation, circle, spin; More
I am basing my definition on those of political scientists. Not on a random dictionary. But hey, thump that book if it makes you feel better.

Ah yes lets keep changing definitions of words going forward into the future.

Such as "Racism" Which is now something only people in positions of power can do.
And
Revolution, which now has a new meaning too!

Cause keeping the same meaning of words for hundreds of years is stupid clearly, and we should constantly be changing definitions in order to avoid hurting feelings and to further push a globalism agenda.

The Soviet Russians (Communists) loved to change the definitions of words. It brings great power when you are able to decide what a word means especially when it has had the same meaning for hundreds of years.

Ah and you gotta respond to "contest" the dictionary definition of a word to let the public know the truth!

Yep classic communist logic there.

Try opening a dictionary.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 12:49:41 pm »

Tho I'll be honest Teneb, according to what I see this is pointless anyway. Protestors are going home and no big fight has occured in Paris today. The movement should die slowly from now on.

What has been freaking people out was that big skirmish in the Arc-de-Triomphe, but now we have them behind bars they will start to talk and we can go after their leaders... and when it will appear that they will be Camelot du Roy, E&R or affiliated as they often, are, I'll just smirk and we'll all learn from the experience.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2018, 12:51:27 pm »

Tho I'll be honest Teneb, according to what I see this is pointless anyway. Protestors are going home and no big fight has occured in Paris today. The movement should die slowly from now on.

What has been freaking people out was that big skirmish in the Arc-de-Triomphe, but now we have them behind bars they will start to talk and we can go after their leaders... and when it will appear that they will be Camelot du Roy, E&R or affiliated as they often, are, I'll just smirk and we'll all learn from the experience.

Btw since you don't understand English, here is French for you.

https://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais/r%C3%A9volution/69167

Daily reminder you are stupid and don't know what Revolution means.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2018, 12:53:03 pm »

I ain't saying it is a revolution. I'm just trying to make it clear that a coup is not a revolution. And this wave of protests isn't either.

Also I have learned the bliss that is the ignore list.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2018, 12:54:52 pm »

I ain't saying it is a revolution. I'm just trying to make it clear that a coup is not a revolution. And this wave of protests isn't either.

Also I have learned the bliss that is the ignore list.

Why do stupid people have no self reflection?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2018, 01:00:56 pm »

Oh yes, that thing changed my forum experience for the better. I try not to use it too much, but in this case this is parfait :D
Also don't worry, I got you. Public disorder != revolution != coup.

In France we even have a specific term for that kind of violent movement without head, tho ; we call it a "jacquerie" to describe acephaleous movements against the power... So we're used to that. It's just a wee bit bigger than usual, but now it's losing steam, nothing big should happen.
Macron will probably use it to establish himself as the bringer of order and it will consolidate his power for the european elections.

Stuff like that sure can excite foreigners that want to see a manifestation of their politic of choice, but really this is the political equivalent of a bowel movement.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2018, 01:01:30 pm »

Oh. My bad !
To the ignore list he goes. Sorry, I didn't knew better. Thanks chairman.

Technically any change of chairman is a revolution
Love, scriver~

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2018, 01:03:55 pm »

Oh yes, that thing changed my forum experience for the better. I try not to use it too much, but in this case this is parfait :D
Also don't worry, I got you. Public disorder != revolution != coup.

In France we even have a specific term for that kind of violent movement without head, tho ; we call it a "jacquerie" to describe acephaleous movements against the power... So we're used to that. It's just a wee bit bigger than usual, but now it's losing steam, nothing big should happen.
Macron will probably use it to establish himself as the bringer of order and it will consolidate his power for the european elections.

Stuff like that sure can excite foreigners that want to see a manifestation of their politic of choice, but really this is the political equivalent of a bowel movement.

Calling it a jacquerie is the same as calling all the people in the streets rioting low class peasants.

If that's how you see your fellow countrymen, well it explains a lot, lets leave it at that.

BTW the real Jacquerie had a leader which the event is named after.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:05:44 pm by DFNewb »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 01:06:28 pm »

Cathar is a hoity toity bourgeois pig, but that don't make him wrong about the difference between riots, revolutions, and coups.
Love, scriver~

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 01:08:57 pm »

Cathar is a hoity toity bourgeois pig, but that don't make him wrong about the difference between riots, revolutions, and coups.

Ofc he is, a person who has to actually work (physical labor) and gets paid less than needed to pay for food and rent is out on the streets.

The Frenchmen like Cathar are the ones that love the system and probably sit in comfy desk jobs.

Also the ones that want to deny a revolution no matter what cause it will only lower his position in society.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 01:10:48 pm »

I decided to accept the label of a bourgeois pig even tho it hurts me a bit :(

Maybe...maybe that's how it changes my opinions to acquire wealth

I'm sorry I take an extreme displeasure of seing my countrymen getting riled up and wasting their lives on a stupid story of carbon tax, but as I've been working a lot to get out of the working class, I understand my preoccupation has been removed from theirs.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 01:12:06 pm »

I decided to accept the label of a bourgeois pig even tho it hurts me a bit :(

Maybe...maybe that's how it changes my opinions to acquire wealth

I'm sorry I take an extreme displeasure of seing my countrymen getting riled up and wasting their lives on a stupid story of carbon tax, but as I've been working a lot to get out of the working class, I understand my preoccupation has been removed from theirs.

Yea you fail to understand those people have to choose between food and shelter while your government hands out money to "refugees".

You are completely disconnected from the average Frenchmen yet have the nerve to call yourself one.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 01:16:27 pm »

This was of course a joke. But I agree with you, we're giving too much of our ressources to foreign junkies ;)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:46 pm »

This was of course a joke. But I agree with you, we're giving too much of our ressources to foreign junkies ;)

But you don't agree that the people don't have income for the basic necessities for life?

Maybe you should try going outside and talking to lower class workers who work physical labor jobs... Maybe they are not smart enough to work a desk job, does that make their work less valuable? They for sure should be put above "refugees" which your government spends more than the average Frenchmen's salary a year per refugee to give them shelter, food, French language training, etc.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:53 pm »

Oh. My bad !
To the ignore list he goes. Sorry, I didn't knew better. Thanks chairman.
Tbh what surprises me is WHY he isn't on mine. I was wondering about that when I saw this thread

Best guess is that he's one of the most active life advice posters and I didnt want to risk missing a potential goldmine of hilarity
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8