Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wands Race II - Forenia  (Read 3308 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Wands Race II - Forenia
« on: November 25, 2018, 06:10:39 am »

Forenia

Forenians, welcome!

This is the thread for you discussing designs, actions and other stuff that should not be seen by those pesky Vaulters!

Your tech:
{link to be added}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race II - Forenia
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 11:31:28 am »

Yeah this is going to be interesting. : Curious to tech at start.:

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 03:29:06 pm »

Write now so I would notice for the eternity
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 03:37:08 pm »

Forenia forenver!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 04:55:07 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 09:52:50 pm »

Step one: Healing magic. Both sides neglected it and we really shouldn't have. Other than that we're just waiting for the tech posts, I guess.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:14:44 pm »

Step one: Healing magic. Both sides neglected it and we really shouldn't have. Other than that we're just waiting for the tech posts, I guess.

Agreed. If only to well keep important ranks alive and well and with time area of effect healing and even regen.

Also since we are not land lock natives fighting, ocean/sky power becomes a lot more important now.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:13:57 am »

Agreed. If only to well keep important ranks alive and well and with time area of effect healing and even regen.
if We work hard enough we can turn healing magic into a war crime by developing Healing aura weapons calibrated to "Cause magic cancer overhealing"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:24:15 am »

if We work hard enough we can turn healing magic into a war crime by developing Healing aura weapons calibrated to "Cause magic cancer overhealing"
Damnit, could work as an OOC quote, but yes, it's a possibility, but could we even do it better then them considering they have Biomodding?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 11:25:35 am »

We better start with those single action revolver wands I made. The obvious next step will be bolt action rifle wands.
Lightning bolt wands in a clip. Think about it.

Healing magics seem of variable effectiveness. Might be able to have clerics passing out Cure Wounds to the wounded, or we might need qualified surgeons with spells that just knit flesh and bone back together. Really depends on how much work the magic does for us. Best case, we get elite soldiers with runes painted on them that makes them immortal with healing factor. Worst case, we get 1 healing mage per 150 soldiers and they accidentally kill the patient 1/6th of the time when they cast a spell.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 11:27:08 am »

Eh. We can choose whichever "feel" for healing magic that we want, I expect. It's effectiveness will ultimately be determined by the roll anyway.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 11:29:22 am »

Well, if we want the version that works automatically, it's best for us to invoke religion. Gods heal better than science does.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 11:33:52 am »

Patently untrue in this universe.

We've inherited all the tech from both Moskurg and Arstotzka (or we should have anyway...) so we can use faith OR "science" (Arstotzkan mathemagic is not really science...) in our designs and it all works out.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 11:37:50 am »

I meant specifically on healing with biological magic in reference to causing cancer from overhealing, I don't know much on our other tech.
Edit: I would assume the more end game part of Arstotzka tech isn't in our hands
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:56:25 am by Rockeater »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 11:46:04 am »

I was referring to Egan, actually, Rockeater. We will absolutely not, however, be using magic to cause cancer. Instead we should use magic to directly sling balls full of our holy fire at the enemies, bathing them in flame.

Also, we totally need to make a magical version of our presently-mundane fire. A magical version that devours magic and burns literally anything it touches for some set period of time.

No I'm not suggesting we make goblinfire, why do you ask?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4