Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51594 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2019, 04:16:55 pm »

I'm assuming we are trying to build our base in a defensible position, so we should be in a good spot. Let us hold our ground, pelt the foe with ranged attacks, and make them come to us.
+1
+1 but if this turns bad we should get back on the boats.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2019, 10:01:10 am »

"(2+1 for overwhelming force vs 2) The swords' clanging is heard across the fields of Northwest Crimea: The fighting between the Norse and the Byzantines is small scale and of low intensity, but the squad of the mercenary German axemen flanks the Byzantines and give an edge to the Norse, for the time being. The Byzantines have suffered some losses, but aren't ready to retreat yet. The archers of both sides are in the position and ready to unleash iron rain onto each other."

-2 heavy axemen, -4 axe throwers. No bonuses or penalties for any sides, since the secret roll I've made is (2).

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2019, 12:47:32 pm »

Wait for the archers on both sides to fire their first volley, and then lead a charge of Housecarls and Elite infantry into the enemy ranks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2019, 02:47:15 pm »

Wait for the archers on both sides to fire their first volley, and then lead a charge of Housecarls and Elite infantry into the enemy ranks.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2019, 03:30:16 pm »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2019, 12:57:41 pm »

"(2 VS 1) Both combatants have missed a lot, albeit Byzantines didn't hit the Norse archers at all. (5+1 for overwhelming numbers vs 1) Meanwhile, in the close combat, the Norse push the Byzantines into a retreat, with very few of them remaining alive. Seeing this, archers withdraw back into the Byzantine territory on their own. "We've won this one, but they'll be back; should we try to make our camp in somewhat further away, in the steppes?" Asked navigator Sigurd his leader, Tod the Berserker."

You've won this one, but the heavier reinforcements will come soon enough if you decide to stay.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2019, 06:53:28 pm »

"No, this gold where does it come from? from the south in Egypt."
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2019, 04:23:27 am »

+1 Lets go to Egypt and kick the pharaoh in the nuts.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2019, 10:55:10 pm »

+1 Lets go to Egypt and kick the pharaoh in the nuts.
Now that's a goal!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2019, 01:16:07 pm »

Sorry for the delay, guys: I got distracted with the Minimalism & Milk 3 game, then the gateway error happened today. I'll update the game tomorrow.

Oh, and Egypt's controlled by Abbasid Caliphate, so you're kinda livin' dangerously right there.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2019, 03:38:28 pm »

This is pre-reconquista, right? If we want to fuck with the Muslims, we should do so in Iberia. We will be closer to home if we want to flee, and there might be a few small Christian states who might be willing to sponsor marauding vikings against their oppressors, depending on the exact timeframe.

Regardless, we should give chase to the retreating enemy. If we can kill them to the last man, we should have more time to raid before reinforcements arrive.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2019, 03:39:52 pm »

Do the Norse in this world know of Iceland, Greenland, or America?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2019, 03:28:07 am »

This is pre-reconquista, right? If we want to fuck with the Muslims, we should do so in Iberia. We will be closer to home if we want to flee, and there might be a few small Christian states who might be willing to sponsor marauding vikings against their oppressors, depending on the exact timeframe.

Regardless, we should give chase to the retreating enemy. If we can kill them to the last man, we should have more time to raid before reinforcements arrive.

It's an alt history heavily inspired by my first Norse game of Crusader Kings 2: The First Crusade was very much not against the Muslims, but against Germanic Pagans, who started to expand into Western Europe after a religious reformation.

As for the Iberian peninsula, Umayyads have crushed the Christian states, but are suffering from religious unrest rn, so the troops are kinda busy maintaining order and law.

Do the Norse in this world know of Iceland, Greenland, or America?

Only Iceland, which Jarl is a vassal (both de-jure and de-facto) of Scandinavian Fylkirdom.

I'll go with Weirdsound's action.

"(4 VS 2-1) Norse skirmishers and archers are quick enough to dispose of the fleeting Byzantines with their axes and arrows. The steppe wind blows from the north to the Crimea as the crows gather for the feast."

The reinforcements will arrive in 2 turns!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2019, 06:43:27 am »

Fortify our position using logs and other stuff for when the reinforcements arrive.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2019, 06:14:19 pm »

Fortify our position using logs and other stuff for when the reinforcements arrive.
Make sure that the camps wall is strong, Gather up stones to throw, and plant Trou de loup (hidden pits with spikes in them.)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38