Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51597 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2019, 02:56:42 am »

Lead our Housecarls on an assualt of the fortress!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2019, 05:04:57 am »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2019, 07:53:20 am »

"While the walls are being cleared from the archers and other remaining rebels, Tod the Berserker leads his housecarls inside the small keep. (6 vs 1) They meet Przemyslaw inside, whose Steppe elite mercenaries are immediately attacking the housecarls, but get absolutely slaughtered, with their carotid blood smeared across the inside of the building and their heads flying off into the walls.

(5 VS 1) Przemyslaw tries to saddle his horse at the backyard, then leave through the southern gate, but one of the housecarls throws an axe at him, which gets stuck in Przemyslaw's lower spine, causing him to fall while saddling the horse. He crawls towards you, saying in spite while coughing: "*cough* Bastard! You've won this one... *cough* May King Wieslaw rot in the Underworld for his tyrannical misdee--" The leader of the rebels loses his consciousness from the insane pain he's suffering through. By the command of Tod, his housecarls pick Przemyslaw up and haul off back inside the keep. Soon, the Loyalist commander storms into the room, triumphantly declaring victory over the rebels."

You should head back north to seek audience with the Polish King, presenting him Przemyslaw and thus collecting the reward.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2019, 11:14:13 am »

Indeed. Time to go collect our reward.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2019, 02:46:07 am »

Indeed. Time to go collect our reward.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2019, 11:16:27 am »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2019, 12:28:31 pm »

"The Loyalist commander separates his army from yours and bids you farewell. You march north, to the Eastern Prussia, ready to collect your reward from Wieslaw, the King of Poland. You arrive near his fortress-camp, and the guards open the gates to let you in. The army stays outside of the camp, since the guards have said that it would 'cramp and crowd up' the fortress-camp. Sigurd, Tod's navigator's the one who's been tasked to look after the army."

Inside the main tent, Tod and a couple of his housecarls present Przemyslaw to Wieslaw. The Polish King stands up from his throne and looks and grimaces spitefully at the defeated rebellion leader. "Your future is sealed, Przemyslaw; not only you have no loyalty or dignity, but you have no wit either. Your co-plotter, Chief Wladyslaw, once was a intelligence advisor of mine, and yet he didn't manage to discover the stash of gold I've kept for the darkest hour. Now, you'll spend the rest of your life in prison, and your disarrayed family will lose its holdings." The king finishes his speech and spits at the traitor, then commands his guards to 'throw him into holding cells', and so he's carried away. He then apologizes before Tod and demands his servants to bring the award chest.

(4+1) Tod opens the wooden chest to see that it even has a couple of gold bars, not only a load of ducats. King Wieslaw then says while sitting on his throne: "Even though I was skeptical of a northern raider like you, you've done an admirable job. You can tell your servants to pick it up and sail off home. I don't have any other tasks for you."

+2000 ducats.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2019, 12:49:09 pm »

Lets raise a rune stone to say what we did here and then head home.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2019, 12:55:57 pm »

This, I like this.

PTW.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2019, 04:54:53 pm »

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2019, 01:42:05 am »

+1
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2019, 12:49:09 pm »

"(5) Before leaving, Tod and his men rise a runestone of masterful quality. The runestone showcases the victories of Tod the Berserker over Polish rebels that he and his warriors have achieved. Tod leave the land of Poland in the morning, sailing to the region of Southern Sweden, where they're welcomed heartily. Sigurd the navigator advises to spend the money on either food or mercenaries, and not only money, but also the prisoners for the priests to sacrifice."

-24 food

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2019, 09:32:04 pm »

Let us sacrifice the prisoners first, and see what we get, before we commit to spending the money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2019, 04:27:57 am »

Let us sacrifice the prisoners first, and see what we get, before we commit to spending the money.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2019, 01:01:32 pm »

"(1+1) The priests have found the prisoners Tod brought unremarkable, so they gave him a coin purse instead of troops. When Tod returns to his army, Sigurd the navigator tells him, "We have enough money for both food and mercenaries, so I'm waiting for judgement." "

All prisoners have been sacrificed, +10 ducats.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38