Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 525360 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3300 on: June 19, 2021, 09:58:50 am »

I could actually see some worlds having wizards/spellcasters as a distinct "race" post-Mythgen (similar to Tolkien's Maiar, which are what Gandalf and Saruman both were). Wouldn't want it as a universal rule, but every so often it might be interesting.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: June 21, 2021, 01:50:50 pm »

Any time a dwarf has to make a decision that could affect others, an angel and a demon will spawn on top of their shoulders.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 21, 2021, 04:35:06 pm »

Any time a dwarf has to make a decision that could affect others, an angel and a demon will spawn on top of their shoulders

More seriously, ethics are an interesting subject, and individuals might have to balance their personal goals, beliefs and facets with the ethical values of their civilization.

For exemple, someone with high values for POWER might betray his own country.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: June 21, 2021, 05:56:11 pm »

Any time a dwarf has to make a decision that could affect others, an angel and a demon will spawn on top of their shoulders.

Or to make the suggestion just that much more terrible, what the dwarf actually does is summon a random angel and demon to a tile near them (and to be clear, we're talking the gigantic, procedurally-generated death forces that guard vaults and lord over goblins respectively) which will immediately go on a rampage slaughtering and incinerating everything in their path. And yes, this happens every time a dwarf has to make a moral decision.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 22, 2021, 12:23:47 am »

Get rid of the random number generator.

Every time that a random result is required, the game spawns a new instance of DF for each possible result.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3305 on: June 22, 2021, 04:38:04 am »

A figurine or toy made as a result of possessed mood will teleport around the fortress until it is alone with a religious leader, at which point it locks the door and drives the dwarf insane or kills it.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: June 22, 2021, 04:46:36 am »

Or to make the suggestion just that much more terrible, what the dwarf actually does is summon a random angel and demon to a tile near them (and to be clear, we're talking the gigantic, procedurally-generated death forces that guard vaults and lord over goblins respectively) which will immediately go on a rampage slaughtering and incinerating everything in their path. And yes, this happens every time a dwarf has to make a moral decision.

This is pretty much exactly what I meant (except they are summoned onto the shoulders, not other tiles).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: June 22, 2021, 06:34:49 am »

On the plus side, your dwarves can use the angels and demons to block attacks, like they do with babies.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 22, 2021, 01:10:09 pm »

Remove [MUNDANE] from humans because it's unexplained why we are the only sapient beings on our planet.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: June 22, 2021, 01:16:50 pm »

Instead of using custom game engine Dwarf Fortress should had been made in Scratch because of how Toady is skilled at making video games.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: June 22, 2021, 01:17:11 pm »

Dwarf Fortress for Nintendo Switch!

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 22, 2021, 01:18:37 pm »

Since cats are predatory creatures they should hunt [INTELLIGENT] creatures that are smaller than them like dwarf babies.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 22, 2021, 01:19:55 pm »

Dwarf Fortress wiki should remove all of it's unethical features as it is against Toady's nature.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 22, 2021, 01:23:52 pm »

The game should support an official preset Kaizo advanced world generation template just like "large island" and so on.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: June 22, 2021, 01:25:54 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 423