Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 421

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 522867 times)

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1245 on: January 01, 2020, 04:41:19 pm »

Items made with rock salt will degrade when exposed to water.

That's not a terrible suggestion however.
it is if you're building on a coast. and there's a lot of rock salt. or if you're trying to store beverages in rock salt pots.

[edit] actually you're right. lemme fix that all rocks now have a randomized water safe tag, and will deteriorate even if not mined or if built into something. a wall might be able to hold out magma regardless, but should it be exposed to water for an amount of time...
No material is both magma- and water-safe, and several are degraded by both.  Additionally, saltwater corrodes steel, and all water corrodes iron.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 01, 2020, 05:57:08 pm »

Dwarves should have to be near magma to sleep and get bad sleep if this requierement is not met.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 01, 2020, 07:47:14 pm »

More realistic baby mechanics.  Any injury to a baby, however minor, induces enormous stress in its parents.  The babies, for their part, not only lack self-preservation instincts, but will instantly gravitate toward any and all sources of danger the moment they hit the ground, crawling across minecart tracks, off cliffs, into lava pools, or through the front lines of an incoming siege.
So basically they become human babies. How evil of you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 01, 2020, 08:29:11 pm »

Dwarves should have to be near magma to sleep and get bad sleep if this requierement is not met.
They also sleep-walk.
More realistic baby mechanics.  Any injury to a baby, however minor, induces enormous stress in its parents.  The babies, for their part, not only lack self-preservation instincts, but will instantly gravitate toward any and all sources of danger the moment they hit the ground, crawling across minecart tracks, off cliffs, into lava pools, or through the front lines of an incoming siege.
So basically they become human babies. How evil of you.
8)
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 04, 2020, 04:08:54 am »

Metalsmith's Forges and every furnace now all have chimneys that can be whatever z-level tall, as long as they end up outside, at the surface. Thought making the pump stacks for the magma was tedious? Now you need to make sure the chimneys have their way to the surface! Oh, and that extends both to the ordinary and magma-powered variants! As an additional bonus, each z-level uses 1 stone/block in the construction.

Also, something something choking in the greenhouse gases something something.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 04, 2020, 07:15:13 am »

Model atmospheric makeup in worldgen. If you get a high-oxygen world, there will be lots of big plants, fires will catch and spread more easily, and most vertebrates including dwarves are replaced with giant insects.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 04, 2020, 12:21:44 pm »

How is that terrible? I want that!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 04, 2020, 12:25:44 pm »

I want it too

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 04, 2020, 01:48:48 pm »

Those two last are actually good.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 05, 2020, 04:11:36 am »

What if we replace elves with a civilization made up of Godzillas?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 05, 2020, 04:59:48 am »

Magma crabs, but they're the pubic type, and spread through dwarves socializing.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 05, 2020, 12:04:17 pm »

An update towards my chimney idea: The chimneys that are located in the evil biomes can and will create smog men, who will in turn go back through the chimney and start killing your beloved Legendary Metalsmith dorfs.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 05, 2020, 01:29:00 pm »

Smoke from fires can harm creatures and plants.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 05, 2020, 05:40:16 pm »

The game will automatically detect any similarities between your playstyle and real world historical fascist regimes and point them out to you.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 05, 2020, 06:26:11 pm »

It will then send you increasingly judgmental reminders about it every 5 minutes until you alter your playstyle (more likely just to get the game to shut up than out of any real moral epiphany).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 421