Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36838 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #510 on: November 09, 2018, 04:52:54 pm »

The watch stalks are edible, there just aren't enough of them.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 09, 2018, 04:55:16 pm »

In that case, Channel a bit of our power into the stalks, accelerating their growth and hopefully awakening the spirit.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 09, 2018, 08:02:20 pm »

In that case, Channel a bit of our power into the stalks, accelerating their growth and hopefully awakening the spirit.

Not just one eyeball, but whole strings of eyeballs. Plant domestication FTW!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 10, 2018, 02:13:41 am »

Meh, one spirit will not be angry that we are making an ecosystem.

I would prefer meat trees made from slaves or prisoners with fruit that can be torn off regularly like an apple or banana, but of course it hurts the still aware victim.

That is a longer term solution, short term we need to find a tribe to raid.

Edit: maybe once we make a few we can create a ritual for our shamans to do.  "Fertility" rituals for the shamans!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 10, 2018, 04:06:01 am »

Not just one eyeball, but whole strings of eyeballs. Plant domestication FTW!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2018, 09:53:38 pm »

I will write an update in a few hours, so place your last minute votes now!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2018, 01:12:36 pm »

Food is a simple matter to solve, as you stalk forth out into the fields, spreading your power into them, demanding more from the plants. The fields spread, stalks bending over and dropping their eyeballs, new watchstalks popping up around them, and soon the Bastion is surrounded in a thick, dense ring of the stalks, some with far larger eyeballs than others. Your followers walk among them, grabbing off the eyes and biting into them, red juice running down their chins as the stalks shriek in agony.

It is a beautiful sight, but on the horizon you see an even more beautiful one. Banner is returning, with a large creature with a hide that appears to be made of solid stone, scored in several places, following behind him. And following behind them are nearly twice the number of men you set out with him, all seeming willing and eager, carrying blades of copper or carven stone.

As Banner reaches you, he kneels, and the men behind him, the new ones, gape before quickly dropping in a mix of awe, worship, and terror. Banner tells his story, how he found a group of scattered tribesmen and told them of your glory and showed them the gifts he granted to his loyal followers. Some agreed to travel with you, others feared you would offend the spirits, especially when he announced the tribute he had been sent to find.

He had found that ancient beast, a mighty thing which eats stone and whose hide turns away copper and flint and bronze, and broke its will. And now it follows him, and therefore you.

He also mentions rumors he heard, of an empire to the north of crystal blades, and an empire to the south of mighty spirits. He wonders if you know of the truth of these rumors.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:22:22 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2018, 01:32:01 pm »

We have heard of the crystal ones, but not the spirit-keepers.

But first, we need more stone beasts. Maybe not exactly like this one, but now that we know it possible - even having an example to draw from - it should be trivial to grant this power to our other experiments.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2018, 01:56:08 pm »

Accept the new followers. Take the two Most intelligent followers of Banner and Twist Thema to ne telepathically linked to banner

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:27 pm »

Slightly worried we'd be making Banner a bit too powerful. He is the one who will actively go crazy if we don't give him anyone to fight.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 11, 2018, 02:41:28 pm »

Slightly worried we'd be making Banner a bit too powerful. He is the one who will actively go crazy if we don't give him anyone to fight.
Thats okay though.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 11, 2018, 03:57:30 pm »

I don't think he really has a chance of beating our guy, but if Banner goes batshit insane and turns on us it would be such a waste of a minion. Also it would look bad to everyone else.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 11, 2018, 07:24:01 pm »

I don't think he really has a chance of beating our guy, but if Banner goes batshit insane and turns on us it would be such a waste of a minion. Also it would look bad to everyone else.
Banner would likely cause Chaos on the way
Also wenn should start creating more powerful minions like Banner. How about that Colosseum Idea. We could use a Gladiator Hero.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:26:39 pm by Detoxicated »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 11, 2018, 07:29:06 pm »

Send him ranging to the south to scout out the spirit empire. The ultimate goal here should be to precipitate a conflict between the crystal empire and the spirit empire, and grow powerful in the chaos and destruction of a large scale war.

Make arrangements to keep the rock beast fed and cared for. There are all kinds of things it could be useful for.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 11, 2018, 08:27:25 pm »

We have heard of the crystal ones, but not the spirit-keepers.

But first, we need more stone beasts. Maybe not exactly like this one, but now that we know it possible - even having an example to draw from - it should be trivial to grant this power to our other experiments.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38