Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92703 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #720 on: October 03, 2018, 02:01:05 pm »

Now with the (communal, now used up for the day but not the whole game) extension out of the way...

How about an auction!

Spoiler: Auction Rules Day 2 (click to show/hide)
~~~
Also,,, I guess my extension vote was sealed as well?
No voting for you. (insert smirking cat here)
~~~
Quote from: Sheldon
'Lose'? Implying 'had in the first place'?!

...You seem to be a bit blind too, though I admit, I'm wondering who bid for this one.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 03, 2018, 02:23:33 pm »

...wait, there were two.  Okay, I rescind my previous statement.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 03, 2018, 02:25:40 pm »

No one bid for the thing, yet Caz got it somehow. Why?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 03, 2018, 02:37:26 pm »

No one bid for the thing, yet Caz got it somehow. Why?
Wow. You are one thick bastard. Fallacy said it, explicitly, that you can (and HAVE) bid anonimously via PM for this round. It's like everyone is playing poker, while you are holding Pokemon TCG cards and acting like we're all playing that instead.

I was gonna do another posts pointing out how DA is still coasting by, but they've actually started posting real content. Amazing. Still scummy as hell to me, but I'm willing to give it a chance, beacuse...

IcyTea: Would you mind, pretty please, explain to me why you think Caz oughta be the lynch and why you keep switching your vote around with the tide instead of commiting?

(tho thx Teneb, you're a sweetpea)
I don't like peas, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 03, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »

you must announce that you made a bid in thread

Fallacy, what rule changed,

Teneb, pretty sure you were supposed to announce you were bidding, then send the amount in PM. That is what the rule says.

Useless post done with, I still wonder why Caz has it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55:15 pm »

you must announce that you made a bid in thread

Fallacy, what rule changed,

Teneb, pretty sure you were supposed to announce you were bidding, then send the amount in PM. That is what the rule says.

Useless post done with, I still wonder why Caz has it.

I just skimmed Caz's post history and I don't see a public bid for the "Vindicate Me" item.  Either an ability allowed a total stealth bid or Fallacy done goofed.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 03, 2018, 02:58:59 pm »

I just skimmed Caz's post history and I don't see a public bid for the "Vindicate Me" item.  Either an ability allowed a total stealth bid or Fallacy done goofed.
That might actually have been a mistake on my part. Whoops. For the moment assume he didn't get it while I check his posts.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 03, 2018, 03:01:14 pm »

Given I didn't see anyone bid on it.. Wonder if someone did and I missed it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 03, 2018, 03:46:51 pm »

...TricMagic, are you fucking blind?
... You are bring a prick, TBF. Stop fucking doing that.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 03, 2018, 04:15:54 pm »

Can we get a votecount too, Fallacy?

I've also pretty much given up on TricMagic. If they are town, they are a hassle and a waste of time. If they are scum, taking them out will actually benefit scum because can you imagine that behaviour on the scumchat?

I'll do another post to follow this one, otherwise I'll just sit on this one forever.
This is basically my thinking here as well. I still don't trust you, but then I didn't really before you stole the vote.

My read on Caz is neutral. My read is that Caz is tired, pissed off, pretty much given up on the game, but not scum. And I won't vote for someone I don't think is scum.
That's basically my read here as well, although I feel that that could be true of either scum Caz or town Caz.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 03, 2018, 04:18:02 pm »

Can we get a votecount too, Fallacy?

I've also pretty much given up on TricMagic. If they are town, they are a hassle and a waste of time. If they are scum, taking them out will actually benefit scum because can you imagine that behaviour on the scumchat?

I'll do another post to follow this one, otherwise I'll just sit on this one forever.
This is basically my thinking here as well. I still don't trust you, but then I didn't really before you stole the vote.

My read on Caz is neutral. My read is that Caz is tired, pissed off, pretty much given up on the game, but not scum. And I won't vote for someone I don't think is scum.
That's basically my read here as well, although I feel that that could be true of either scum Caz or town Caz.

Hua... Of course this is a thing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 03, 2018, 04:41:19 pm »

Right. As far as I can tell Caz didn't place his bid notification in thread. So he didn't get it, and for that matter, nobody did.

Votecount in just a moment.

Votecount:

*(0) - heydude6:
*(0) - Shakerag:
*(0) - TricMagic:
*(2) - IcyTea31: Caz, Deus Asmoth
*(0) - TheBiggerFish:
*(3) - Caz: piratejoe, heydude6, IcyTea31
*(0) - Persus13:
*(2) - Deus Asmoth: TheBiggerFish, Shakerag
*(0) - Piratejoe:
*(0) - Sheldon:
*(0) - webadict:
*(1) - Teneb: Persus13

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: web, adict, Teneb
~~~
You people really can't make up your mind can you. Well the day ends in 3 hours minus one minute so get to it. The community extension has been used up for the day. Please tell me if any part of this count is wrong.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:23:06 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 03, 2018, 05:17:46 pm »

Alright then. Caz Caz.

I'm not liking his play recently, and apparently, most the people that are likely Town are voting for him, so... I guess call it a bandwagon vote, but I'm not even sure what's what anymore.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 03, 2018, 05:27:23 pm »

As far as I can tell Caz didn't place his bid notification in thread. So he didn't get it, and for that matter, nobody did.

Uggggh. It was probably in one of the rant drafts I deleted. I think my laptop almost burst into flames at some point in the last days. Really puts a damper on my "fuck you guys i'm out" post.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #734 on: October 03, 2018, 05:55:38 pm »

The case is partly the first. My reads were badly out of date due to my absence over the weekend, so I placed an extension vote to give me time to read the backlog of posts and get up to date, and a tiebreaker vote in case the extension didn't go through, based on previous play and reads. The read list you quoted was something I put together after this and is more up to date.
I realise that you put the reads together after. The fact that you did it after a post where you seemed to be gunning for Caz but still unvoted Caz was what made it seem so strange to me. If you were thinking of voting for someone other than Caz I would have expected to see some interrogation of other players, but that didn't happen.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59