Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93069 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #480 on: September 28, 2018, 02:33:11 pm »

Why is focusing on a major aspect of the game not desirable?

You know that misconstruing statements is scummy right?

It does not help when I've been trying to get a simple vote going on Persus.. Caz too. And MaxSpin was acting a bit strange, too outlandish.

Hehe, TricMagic thinks other characters act strange.

Tbh the surprise of today is the number of defenders TricMagic seems to have. You'd think scum would go for it easily. Even if they acted anti-town all game you would still want to get rid of them due to their abilities. Though this day1(redux) has stretched 8 pages it mostly seems to be going in well-tread circles.

Possibility of a cult is an interesting idea.

Lynch TricMagic guys, I believe in you

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #481 on: September 28, 2018, 02:42:04 pm »

Tric:
I'm pretty sure I actually did.
You didn't, FYI. It was pretty easy to check, as well. Or did you mean you did something that you feel should constitute an answer?

Heydude:
Hey, dude; 6!:
I have no idea if we are allowed to post during twilight, but Fallacy hasn't yet come in and criticized this fight
If I can be attacked, then I can also defend. So I will share my reasoning, for causing MaxSpin's end.

To begin, you must know. there was a gap of 16 minutes until I decided to go.

2:45 - 2:29 = 0:16

When I made my first post, I was extremely worried.
The day would end early, if no one unvoted and hurried.

I saw some interesting voting habits, when I did my count
There were some users who acted suspicious, a fair amount
Would you like to expand on this?
Sure. As I explained in the following paragraph of that post you quoted (though you mysteriously left it out), I was mainly talking about TricMagic.
I left it out because you were only talking about Tric. The only other players you mentioned were Spin himself and Webadict (who you haven't indicated being suspicious of). "Some" typically means "more than one", hence why I wanted more detail after you only mentioning one player.

My original plan was to post my vote analysis after at least one person unvoted maximum spin,
but as you know, I changed my mind and made a reckless move that I thought would help us win.

The analysis was going to present a detailed list of arguments for and against the other players (with an emphasis on vote habits), and people would be able to compare and contrast the information on it and be encouraged to pressure certain players more before making any final decisions. My biggest fear was that I would say "Hey, we're one post away from hammering Maximum Spin", and then someone else would say "Ok, great! I vote Maximum spin because he's obviously scum." and while that was happening, someone roleblocks his revive.  In practice though, the majority of that list ended up involving TricMagic and Maximum Spin since they had the most material on them due to their bad play and notoriety, while the other players had basically no dirt on them (or at least I'm terrible at finding it). Maxspin is dead now so there wasn't any need to post information involving him, and I just wrote everything I knew about Tricmagic.

Before I continue, I need to address this:

Ok, so, cool, you murdered a lot of words to tell us you're not sure if TricMagic is scum or not.
I was originally more confident about my case against TricMagic, but when I started writing the analysis I was going to post for Deus, I discovered context. Cause even though Caz is right about this:
TricMagic – scummy. doesn’t scumhunt, just wants to lynch whoever looks worst in the moment. Gives no reasoning for their votes either. Still hasn’t answered my question.
It still doesn't mean he's scum unfortunately. Which was not something I realized when I first made that last D1 post. Still, because I already alluded to Tric's guilt in my D1 post I felt obligated to follow through and write about it even though I realized it wasn't substantial anymore.

Anyway, back to you Deus. I also had a small amount of information about TBF, but it was rather weak (it was mostly based on his early rolefishing) and webadict made his argument's about why he didn't think BiggerFish was scum anymore, which was rather convincing so I didn't bother. So to answer your question in a nutshell, the "some" in my quote refereed to Maximum Spin, TricMagic, and The Bigger Fish; while "a fair amount" was just something I added to make it rhyme. I hope that answers your question.

So who are your top two picks for scumminess right now?
Persus13 and Iceytea, and I'm keeping an eye out on Caz.

Persus13 because he was particularly hostile to Tric when he joined Teneb's pressure vote against him, even though BiggerFish and Webadict ended up joining the bandwagon as well (Though Web framed his vote as a joke). It seemed like he wanted to deflect attention away from himself by shifting the blame onto someone who isn't very good at defending themselves.

IceyTea because I don't remember him making a strong defense of himself. Sure he claimed some powers, but if remember right, he was rolefishing alongside BiggerFish and he may have just been using that to persuade others to claim. We only really stopped questioning him because more suspicious people came up.

and finally Caz because no one should be given a free pass. Although he seems to have posted while I was writing this post so I'm glad to have him back.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 28, 2018, 02:51:34 pm »

Caz:

Of course.  But I don't believe I misconstrued your statement.  And you didn't answer my question either.  You know dodging questions is scummy, right?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #483 on: September 28, 2018, 02:56:25 pm »

Persus, a better vote than anything else in info gained.

Fish, you may want to actually push, not just wait..
Just voting me isn't actually pushing dude. You're just bandwagoning. And for that you get a vote TricMagic, because I can't recall a single way you've contributed to this game. Which is what lurking really means.

This is the quote I'm talking about for my persus13 suspicions btw. Feel free to criticize it if you want.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 28, 2018, 02:58:13 pm »

Hehe, TricMagic thinks other characters act strange.

Tbh the surprise of today is the number of defenders TricMagic seems to have. You'd think scum would go for it easily. Even if they acted anti-town all game you would still want to get rid of them due to their abilities. Though this day1(redux) has stretched 8 pages it mostly seems to be going in well-tread circles.

Possibility of a cult is an interesting idea.

Lynch TricMagic guys, I believe in you
Remember how a post before this I said I'd rather not elevate you to number 3 or 2 when you are town because you where taking a nap? Well, congratulations, you are elevated to number 2, but not because of napping and being fairly quiet and instead what you said. You have not even made an argument out side of trying to hint that he is scum because the vote is split between him and TBF, and guess what? Considering how many scum there are, you could just be flipping a coin and hoping that you pick the right side that has the scum on board because you distrust Tric, or more likely, you are scum and are trying to sow the seeds of suspicion on the half of people voting for TBF and not Tric...On top of that, you haven't been as active as Tric, so, really, all of this makes me trust him more than you...But please, structure a long and proper defense of yourself and argument for why we should lynch Tric...or don't, I don't care. Either way it gives me a reason to do trust or distrust you more.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 28, 2018, 03:23:06 pm »

Caz:

Of course.  But I don't believe I misconstrued your statement.  And you didn't answer my question either.  You know dodging questions is scummy, right?

Given that I never said that in the first place, I'd think that you did. Not sure why I should answer such a leading question. Actually this line of questioning is so small and random that it's like you couldn't find anything better but just wanted to ask me something. I guess as long as it looks like you're trying to scumhunt, it doesn't matter about the content, right?

Same goes for most of this day really. With no new info any argument is going to result in diminished returns until everyone throws so much fluff that it doesn't help reads at all. Other than with Shakerag it's taken that sort of detour, but really only because they were catching up from being absent day1. Everyone should've just reread day1 and voted who they thought to be scum until we could shorten/hammer/w/e this setup uses. Other than that it just seems like a massive waste of time.

But please, structure a long and proper defense of yourself and argument for why we should lynch Tric...or don't, I don't care. Either way it gives me a reason to do trust or distrust you more.

He's more scummy than TBF and has been anti-town and active lurking all game. One of the scummiest players day 1 which was agreed by practically everyone. Now everyone is backtracking when it actually comes down to it, lol. Everything since then has been  a loop. Not enough has changed to make everyone think "oh we're wrong about TricMagic" whatever words they want to convince you with. If what happened "n1" actually mattered then we would be lynching Persus or Teneb, but everyone seems keen to ignore it for now.

How come you don't vote for anyone btw, piratejoe? You said I jumped to 2nd on your list and you're still not voting me, or indeed your 'first' either.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 28, 2018, 03:34:14 pm »

Caz.. That's the same argument I make about not retreading what others have already said. I assume you will just keep your vote on me regardless of what else happens today..

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 28, 2018, 03:46:27 pm »

He's more scummy than TBF and has been anti-town and active lurking all game. One of the scummiest players day 1 which was agreed by practically everyone. Now everyone is backtracking when it actually comes down to it, lol. Everything since then has been  a loop. Not enough has changed to make everyone think "oh we're wrong about TricMagic" whatever words they want to convince you with. If what happened "n1" actually mattered then we would be lynching Persus or Teneb, but everyone seems keen to ignore it for now.
He hasn't been active lurking all game, if he has though, you must admit to the same sin as well which I'm sure you wont actually do. As for forgetting day 1, no, I haven't, No.2 use to be Teneb due to the whole Spin Sheldon debacle, but due to spin being spin while I felt it was a strong case, I wasn't completely certain, and he is now No.3 thanks to you. As for why everyone is backtracking, its less back tracking and more him being much more active and reasonable, much more then you might I add.

How come you don't vote for anyone btw, piratejoe? You said I jumped to 2nd on your list and you're still not voting me, or indeed your 'first' either.
This right here, this is proof you haven't been paying attention... At least you are proving to me I might not have been hasty in my decision to elevate you to No.2. For proof that he hasn't been paying attention...
Thats fair enough, it did seem like you trusted tea to an extent but thanks for clearing that up, I'll believe you in that at the very least. I will say however that you aren't the second place on my list so I'm not going to pick you for lynching, at least not yet, in fact I'm waiting till the day is coming to a close to make my vote as I want to be able to make a decision at a better time...That and I don't want to vote for someone, forget it or think I changed my vote, and accidentally get someone I wanted alive killed. Personally, I do agree with you on the Sheldon and bandwagoning thing as I don't actually think Tricmagic is scum...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 28, 2018, 04:05:57 pm »

I'm waiting till the day is coming to a close to make my vote as I want to be able to make a decision at a better time...That and I don't want to vote for someone, forget it or think I changed my vote, and accidentally get someone I wanted alive killed.

You know you can change your vote any time before day end, right? Why would you think it's better for you to have no vote on anyone? Your vote is your power and you don't even want to use it. There's an easy way to avoid killing people you want alive. You don't vote for them. You vote for the people you want dead. C'mon, dude. Either you have no confidence in your own reads or you just don't want to make a decision that others will hold against you by choosing to hammer at a late stage in the voting. Neither of those is any good.

This right here, this is proof you haven't been paying attention... At least you are proving to me I might not have been hasty in my decision to elevate you to No.2.

So not paying attention is scummy again now. Unless you're TricMagic I guess. They can ignore questions and post literal gibberish all day and it's all good man.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 28, 2018, 04:08:30 pm »

I really wish the lurkertracker still worked.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 28, 2018, 04:09:32 pm »

I'm waiting till the day is coming to a close to make my vote as I want to be able to make a decision at a better time...That and I don't want to vote for someone, forget it or think I changed my vote, and accidentally get someone I wanted alive killed.

You know you can change your vote any time before day end, right? Why would you think it's better for you to have no vote on anyone? Your vote is your power and you don't even want to use it. There's an easy way to avoid killing people you want alive. You don't vote for them. You vote for the people you want dead. C'mon, dude. Either you have no confidence in your own reads or you just don't want to make a decision that others will hold against you by choosing to hammer at a late stage in the voting. Neither of those is any good.

This right here, this is proof you haven't been paying attention... At least you are proving to me I might not have been hasty in my decision to elevate you to No.2.

So not paying attention is scummy again now. Unless you're TricMagic I guess. They can ignore questions and post literal gibberish all day and it's all good man.
Or he could be, y'know, learning how to play the game on the fly.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 28, 2018, 04:11:45 pm »

Caz:
Given that I never said that in the first place, I'd think that you did. Not sure why I should answer such a leading question. Actually this line of questioning is so small and random that it's like you couldn't find anything better but just wanted to ask me something. I guess as long as it looks like you're trying to scumhunt, it doesn't matter about the content, right?
Fine, fine, perhaps the fault is on me for asking a poorly worded sentence.  Let me try differently:  In what way or ways do you feel that IcyTea is too focused on the money aspect of the game?

I guess as long as it looks like you're trying to scumhunt, it doesn't matter about the content, right?
This is rich, coming from you.  Are you genuinely calling me out on a lack of scumhunting?

piratejoe:
I have to agree with Caz on this one.  Putting a vote on someone is important, and seeing how people react to being voted (especially multiple times) is an important tool as well.  To take your words and offer the opposite case, what if you forgot to vote at the end of the day and the person you wanted to get lynched didn't?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 28, 2018, 04:12:51 pm »

Caz.. That's the same argument I make about not retreading what others have already said. I assume you will just keep your vote on me regardless of what else happens today..

Meh I'm even losing enthusiasm for that at this point.

What's everyone's consensus on the whole Persus/Teneb thing? If sheldon can spy on their chat, does that mean that ghost!Spin now can too? Mixed alignment or masons? I'm convinced at least one of them has to be town. Or at least non-mafia.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 28, 2018, 04:14:58 pm »

Okay then, fine. I'll vote, and since I know that one of the big players is going to defend my no.1 suspect, for the time being until TBF inevitably does something sus today, I'll vote for you Caz, happy now?

Tricmagic has responded to questions asked to him today, he also has been...you know...actually being more active then you.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 28, 2018, 04:18:38 pm »

I have to agree with Caz on this one.  Putting a vote on someone is important, and seeing how people react to being voted (especially multiple times) is an important tool as well.  To take your words and offer the opposite case, what if you forgot to vote at the end of the day and the person you wanted to get lynched didn't?
Just voted so, thats not an issue. My reasoning for Caz at the moment is he is my second highest suspect and right now I'd rather wait for TBF to once again dig a grave for himself then deal with the one who apparently was the old king of this game defending him.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59