Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Operand [Quest]  (Read 4922 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Operand [Quest]
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 02:50:31 pm »

"I was gonna drive to the city to shop stock for the new growbeds," you say.

"Nice. Just don't forget your PDA again."

"Oh! Yes. Thanks."

Crap, where did you leave it? Tenjelen hums as you go into the living room to check. The furniture is designed for humanoids but is comfy enough in most any shape. You were lounging here last night, looking at some data and watching the news. Ah, there it is! Sitting right on the end table. A little rectangular box,
[] With a simple black case
[] With a simple white case
[] With an exciting, colorful design on the case (write in)
[] other

Yeah... it'd have been a pain to have forgotten it again. Not least because of how annoyed Tenjelen would be. You slip the PDA into your skirt pocket (see, they're practical too!) and head out the side door. Ah, that morning air! As you step towards the garage, you notice some brineflutes1 sprouting around the base of the power unit. Hopefully that doesn't mean a leak...

Well, worry about that later. You go into the garage where the car sits, plugged in and (hopefully) fully charged. It's... hmm... what would you call it? A truck, you suppose. Four wheels, four seats in the front compartment, a flat bed on back for cargo, or courageous passengers.
[] You like it just fine.
[] You wish you had something smaller and flashier.

1. A native species, so named for its shape. They grow bushels of stiffened tubes up from the ground, dotted with small holes up the length to filter things from the air and tipped with hollow bulbs. The salty hotsprings all around these plains lend particular qualities to the soil which these organisms thrive on.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:26:01 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 02:55:54 pm »

Ah, our PDA is adorned with a colorful, stylized design of creteroot flowers.
(Which is, of course, a plant that grows a root hard and evenly-shaped enough to be used as building material.
Also if you cut a hole in it and remove the softer inside parts, it makes a pretty good mug.
Also also the flowers are pretty.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 03:12:48 am »

(Which is, of course, a plant that grows a root hard and evenly-shaped enough to be used as building material.
Also if you cut a hole in it and remove the softer inside parts, it makes a pretty good mug.
+1

[X] You like it just fine.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 04:04:49 am »

+1

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 10:32:36 am »

+1

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 02:43:32 pm »

You're alright with this car. Plenty of room, durable (and therefore protective), powerful. The body is unpainted grey metal, but it's got a finish that keeps it shiny and doesn't seem to scratch much.
[] Open to the free air, like a jeep
[] Closed off and comfy, like an SUV
[] Convertible, with articulated sliding panels to close off the cabin.
You climb up in the right front seat where the steering is, placing your colorful floral-patterned PDA in a slot on the console. The display comes to life, showing 100% charge on the engine, and you engage the steering. "Garage, open front."

That was a bit of DIY from Tenjelen. Your PDAs have a security key (similar to the one that lets them start the car) linked to the door control, allowing you to open it with voice commands. Acknowledging, the segmented steel door on the side facing out from the compound rolls up, and you roll out.

Ahh, Operand in the morning. Everything's still sleepy out, the sun still low in the sky. You live on the edge of town, where the plots are a bit more spread-out, but even towards the center it's only ever as dense as a suburb. Population: around 14,000, last time you checked. It's basically shaped like a teardrop divided up into a grid, except it's more like a bunch of smaller grids set at different angles to each other, the irregular spaces between filled with parks, flood control, and so on. You pull off the front drive onto the main outer loop, which will curve all the way to the point of the teardrop and from there onto the freeway. Now, getting on the road...
[] You turn on a news feed to listen to as you drive.
[] You turn on a local music feed to liven things up.
[] You enjoy the quiet stillness of the morning as you drive.
[] You put on some of your favorite music from your PDA library
[] write in

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 05:32:27 pm »

B2
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2018, 05:44:24 pm »

Open, quiet.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:22:59 pm by Egan_BW »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 11:05:43 pm »

Open, news
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 12:44:34 am »

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 02:58:00 am »

[X] Open to the free air, like a jeep.
[X] You use this as an opportunity to play some music a friend sent to your PDA.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 02:23:05 pm »

[X] Open to the free air, like a jeep.
[X] You use this as an opportunity to play some music a friend sent to your PDA.
+1

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2018, 01:26:31 pm »

(Apologies for delays, I've lost the update twice now due to the computer losing power and I've gotta find the motivation to type it all out again)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2018, 12:24:38 am »

(Apologies for delays, I've lost the update twice now due to the computer losing power and I've gotta find the motivation to type it all out again)

Type it in Google Docs so it will autosave your progress
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5