Current schedule is fine...
- 2 (25%)
Obligatory Dark One's weird joke
- 2 (25%)
Actual weird joke!
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Undead Hunt 2: And all may be lost  (Read 14710 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
ret
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2018, 07:38:37 pm »

Return to the battle, I must Identify to source of this dark army so that it can be purged from this world!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt 2: And all may be lost [8/8]
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2018, 03:37:08 pm »

Turn 5 - Subturn 1

Solomon Blackguard

[2] The demiurge attempted to leave the alley and run towards fortifications, but suddenly three city guards arrived and stopped him! The man still lying on the ground after Solomon's punch panicked, hastily got up then yelled: "We're not done yet!" and tried to run away.

[5] They immediately gave chase after the escaping acolyte. "You'll hang for treason!" one of guards shouted. After just a few moments they caught him and brought to Solomon. "This demon-loving scum won't bother you anymore!" said the guard holding him in place. After that they left, keeping their weapons at bay.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:39:30 pm by Dark One »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2018, 03:40:58 pm »

Now, resume my travels to the fortifications.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2018, 04:29:17 pm »

Turn 6

Jack Frost

[2] Jack moved towards the spot that the priest told him about, and when he was on the verge of speaking with the bishop, a malicious force teleported him out of the church! Jack ended up in a dirty alley teeming with rats, somewhere in the middle of Churchbury slums.

[2] "Do not try to infuriate me puny one! Play along well and I will loosen the leash on your neck!" Storno yelled, his voice seemed more metallic and loaded with power than earlier. "Head back to fortifications!"

Arthur Stanford

[4] The bishop was ready to banish any curse that burdened the poor traveller but he suddenly vanished into thin air! Arthur's focused prayer was used to give blessings to worshippers working on fortifying the church instead.

Sandford

[3] Completely surprised, the wanderer stared at his crossbow and noticed that it's faintly gleaming with blue light.

[Sandford: 4, Smoke Hunter: 5] He then aimed his weapon at one of the demons leading the assault, but it turned into smoke mere seconds before the bolt hit him!

Nmngubgu Sugnta

"N zntvpvna? Znlor fbzrbar jub cenpgvprf Nepnar Zntvp? V jbaqre vs guvf zrrgvat jvyy tvir zr zber vasezngvba ertneqvat gur rkvfgrapr bs gubfr sbervta Nepnar perngherf... Fb, guvf crefba jnagf gb rkpunatr xabjyrqtr? Whfg jung V jnf ybbxvat sbe jura V pnzr gb guvf cynpr! Cyrnfr thvqr zr gb guvf zntvpvna! V qba'g guvax V pbhyq uver lbh rira vs V jnagrq, gubhtu.  V qvqa'g gnxr nalguvat inyhnoyr jvgu zr, bgure guna zl bja xabjyrqtr. Naq fbzr gevaxrgf V sbhaq ba gur jnl urer, ohg gurl cebonoyl nera'g inyhnoyr rabhtu rvgure." Nmngubgu yelled for a while, all the patrons of the tavern looked at him with increased suspicion.

[5] "V jvyy gnxr gur cebzvfrq cnlzrag sebz gur pbagenpgbe. Yrg hf tb orsber gurl jvyy sbepr hf bhg." the mercenary said and they left the tavern. He led Nmngubgu to the northern gate. "Gur zntvpvna yvirf va n frpyhqrq pbggntr hcba gur uvyyf. Vg'f n eryngviryl fnsr gerx."

Reynald Law-Keeper and Iolani

[5] Reynald rushed into battle, looking for the source of underworld invasion. He found crystal pylons generating energy and forming a portal. They must be destroyed to prevent any dark ones from coming and to cut the army from supplies!

[6] Bonelords guarding the pylons spotted Reynald! They prepared their weapons and closed the portal, but stayed on their positions!

[6] Iolani followed Reynald, though stayed at range. She tried assess the situation and predict the enemy movement but the sheer size of the army overwhelmed her! She was only able to intercept that three brutemasses and a so called "Cryptlord" are either going to strike the gates soon, or attack Reynald!

Solomon Blackguard

[6] The demiurge continued his journey to the fortifications. He moved through several streets and alleys, but he kept coming to the same places all the time. The city seemed to span like an endlessly growing maze. Solomon knew that he was entrapped, yet no hostile force revealed itself!

Enemies:

Bonelord: [128/128]

Brutemass: ?

Cryptlord: ?

Players:

Arthur Stanford: Followers receive a +2 roll bonus
Sandford: Minor enchantment on crossbow [unidentified]
Solomon Blackguard: Maze Curse [?]

GM Notes

Triple 6 by the end, the demons must be happy. And where's crazyabe?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:37:24 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2018, 04:37:17 pm »

No. You stepped in to claim credit for luck’s hand, and deserve nothing. If you want credit, earn it.

Back to the bishop.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2018, 05:15:14 pm »

”Ok, state your name and your business bugging me. I have places to go and people to see.”

Identify the workings of this spell, point of origin, duration, if the maze has any special qualities, that kind if stuff.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2018, 06:22:20 pm »

Arror Stops standing around and stumbles off looking for things he can probably survive fighting against
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2018, 11:30:34 am »

Keep fighting.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2018, 08:39:41 pm »

Ready my bow, and nock an arrow. try to sneak a shot past them at the crystal to see what can damage it. Retreat after doing so, and try to find some salvagable weaponry or armor that i might be able to take off one of the many enemy footmen.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2018, 12:32:02 am »

Ready my bow, and nock an arrow. try to sneak a shot past them at the crystal to see what can damage it. Retreat after doing so, and try to find some salvagable weaponry or armor that i might be able to take off one of the many enemy footmen.
Iolani mentioned the leadership threat and planned to take them out after this guy retreats--she plans using her overall Tactics skill to bring the two of them closer to the cryptlord threat. They probably couldn't fight it alone, but they could burn the countryside to deter quite a lot of the army.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2018, 02:23:48 am »

Go back on the bell tower and see the advancement of the demons
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2018, 09:10:18 am »

Iolani mentioned the leadership threat and planned to take them out after this guy retreats--she plans using her overall Tactics skill to bring the two of them closer to the cryptlord threat. They probably couldn't fight it alone, but they could burn the countryside to deter quite a lot of the army.
the reason I am avoiding a frontal confrontation is that each of those nasties are at least 3x stronger than our characters at this time. That is on top of there being SIX of them. also, demons are mingled wih the undead army, and neither group are particularly vulnerable or afraid of fire.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2018, 07:09:35 pm »

the reason I am avoiding a frontal confrontation is that each of those nasties are at least 3x stronger than our characters at this time. That is on top of there being SIX of them. also, demons are mingled wih the undead army, and neither group are particularly vulnerable or afraid of fire.
We can cause area denial then ._. Grab me some of those items please!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2018, 07:52:43 pm »

"Gura jung ner jr jnvgvat sbe? V qba'g guvax lbh xabj, ohg jnfgvat gvzr vf ernyyl sebjarq hcba va E'ylru, nf vf oernxvat cebzvfrf! Jr qba'g jnag gb ercrng gur zvfgnxrf bs bhe naprfgbef, qb jr? Ab? Gura jr'yy qrcneg abj."

Nmngubgu starts leaving through the gate.

Spoiler: (Translation) (click to show/hide)

Wasted time, we just wasted time! Now we have to go twice as fast to catch up! Follow the path to the magician's cottage!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2019, 04:10:56 pm »

Turn 7

Jack Frost

"No. You stepped in to claim credit for luck’s hand, and deserve nothing. If you want credit, earn it." Jack replied, determined to return to the bishop.

[2] Several shadows appeared out of the blue and surrounded the wanderer! "Fool! You won't even take a single step without me saying so!" Storno roared in anger!

Solomon Blackguard

[2] ”Ok, state your name and your business bugging me. I have places to go and people to see.” Solomon asked, but no one replied.

[5] He focused for a short while and everything became clear! He sensed that a magical trinket is the source of his entrapment, a charm powered by a low ranking magician. Solomon connected with the item and following the stream of energy, cut into the magician's focus and took control of his mind!

Arror Blazzup

[6] Arror stopped standing around and stumbled off looking for things he can probably survive fighting against. He didn't had to look for long, an enormous, muscular undead weilding a great hammer ran into him! It was the Cryptlord himself!

[5] The undead lord recognised the armor Arror was clad in, bowed and set off!

Sandford

[Sandford: 5, Horker: 1] The wanderer reloaded his crossbow and peaked out from behind fortifications and shot hastily. His lucky attack hit an incoming horker in its eye, dealing severe pain!

Reynald Law-Leeper & Iolani

[1] Before Reynald could even prepare his bow, a brutemass burst from the ground right in front of him!

[Brutemass: 1, Reynald: 3] The swollen mass of stitched corpses charged, trying to knock the watchman on the ground, but Reynald managed to jump away and retaliate! He pierced through the undead with his longsword and moved clockwise to cut the monstrosity in half! The brutemass tried to push Reynald away by swinging its limbs wildly, to no effect. In a few fast moves the undead was cut into two pieces!

[1] Reynald couldn't retreat, as another of those abominations arrived!

[Brutemass: 5, Reynald: 3] The watchman tried to block an incoming punch, but it was so powerful that it knocked him onto the ground! The undead then started to punch him!

[1] Iolani was attacked by the third brutemass!

[Brutemass: 5, Iolani: 1] She had no time to react! The undead grabbed her and thrown towards the crystal guarded by bonelords. In a split second, Iolani found herself in the Underworld, surrounded by undead guarding the gateway!

Arthur Stanford

[6] Arthur moved towards the bell tower to see the advancements of demons, but upon opening the doors to staircase a shadow rose in front of him!

[2] "A man will come to seek a cure to a curse. Should you aid him, we will drag your pitiful church into the Underworld with you and all your worshippers!" the shadow muttered and vanished.

Nmngubgu Sugnta

"Gura jung ner jr jnvgvat sbe? V qba'g guvax lbh xabj, ohg jnfgvat gvzr vf ernyyl sebjarq hcba va E'ylru, nf vf oernxvat cebzvfrf! Jr qba'g jnag gb ercrng gur zvfgnxrf bs bhe naprfgbef, qb jr? Ab? Gura jr'yy qrcneg abj." Nmngubgu yelled out and left through the gate.

[6] A squad of undead knights ambushed them as soon as they left the city - four steel clad warmongers on their skeletal steeds!

Enemies:

Storno's Shade: [32/32]

Brutemass: ability to move lost, -64 HP [32/96]
Brutemass: [96/96]
Brutemass: [96/96]

Undead Knight: [128/128]
Undead Knight [128/128]
Undead Knight: [128/128]
Undead Knight [128/128]

Players:

Solomon Blackguard: In control of magician's mind!
Reynald Law-Keeper: -24 HP [14/40]
Iolani: In the Underworld!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12