Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100386 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1913 A.C. Hot Season (Revision Phase)
« Reply #675 on: September 01, 2018, 02:35:58 pm »

Quote from: Voting Time
Revisions (3 Credits)
Senapang Pattern Rifle (Sniper Variant) (4): Twinwolf, Taricus, NUKE9.13, Baffler
Retracting Roofs (4): Twinwolf, Taricus, Madman, NUKE9.13, Baffler
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):
Pembawa Troop Carrier (0):
ArC-13c "Kerata" Armored Car (2): Taricus, Baffler
HFG-13 (3): Madman, NUKE9.13, Twinwolf
M3 Fragmentation Grenade (2): Baffler, Madman

Espionage
Peek (-1 to us, -3 to Abbera) (4): Maximum Spin, Taricus, Madman, NUKE9.13
Light Observation (-1 to Abbera) (0):
Moderate Observation (+1 to us) (3): Twinwolf, Rockeater, Baffler

I'd like to fix the Kerata, but if we forget to do this we're going to suffer for it as we advance into Harren Island.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1913 A.C. Hot Season (Revision Phase)
« Reply #676 on: September 01, 2018, 02:40:36 pm »

Revisions (3 Credits)
Senapang Pattern Rifle (Sniper Variant) (4): Twinwolf, Taricus, NUKE9.13, Baffler
Retracting Roofs (3): Twinwolf, Madman, NUKE9.13, Baffler
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):
M3 Fragmentation Grenade (3): Baffler, Madman, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 01, 2018, 02:41:47 pm »

Revisions (3 Credits)
Retracting Roofs (4): Twinwolf, Madman, NUKE9.13, Baffler
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):

Noticed a minor votebox problem---counter was wrong on the Retracting Roofs.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 01, 2018, 02:43:27 pm »

I actually dropped the counter but forgot to take my name off on the roof.

Revisions (3 Credits)
Retracting Roofs (3): Twinwolf, Madman, NUKE9.13
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):

Edit: man I am not on it today.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 01, 2018, 07:30:16 pm »

I mostly just want to break the tie and I think a new grenade is more within revision range than turning a stationary defensive cannon into a mobile field gun.

Revisions (3 Credits)
Retracting Roofs (3): Twinwolf, Madman, NUKE9.13
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):
HFG-13 (2): Madman, NUKE9.13,
M3 Fragmentation Grenade (4): Baffler, Madman, Taricus, Twinwolf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2018, 07:38:44 pm »

Heh :facepalm:

I'll call this one as lost and try again next time. Even though the sniper scope could conceivably be labelled harder than the HFG (if MoP is feeling particularly vengeful), given that we already have a mobile artillery gun but don't have any real basis in optics to work off of.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2018, 07:57:27 pm »

I mean, I'd likely support designing a field gun or doing such a revision another turn (barring higher-priority designs). You did bring up some points about the use of field guns even in a city that I did agree with, it's just I don't think this is the way to do it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2018, 08:28:43 pm »

Yes, well, I will reiterate one of the points I made in Discord, since we're considering a sniper scope revision:
By and large in normal warfare, a "sniper" is not a better-trained rifleman with a superior weapon and optics system, but rather an enterprising regular old soldier who has climbed into or onto some convenient location from which to shoot the enemy. The optics do not make the marksmen, nor do they give any particular benefit in close quarters when any old soldier can just do the above anyway.

The other point is that in WWI and WWII everyone started figuring out that you can't use armored cars for street fighting or anything except extremely careful scouting. They're too soft, even the ones with reasonable armor. They get killed by MG fire, rifle fire, grenades, and everything else.

So, coming up on street fighting: Scopes that aren't necessary in CQB, a car that isn't helpful in city streets, or a gun that can help us breach the fortifications (it IS still a fortified island city, yes?) and seize the crossings with less trouble?

Oh hey I guess I didn't quite give this one up quite so fast. Ah well, guess I really am just stubborn and argumentative to the last :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2018, 08:35:15 pm »

I mean, you've lost this revision phase but there's still one more round of them before we get to Harren  :P
Sigtext!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2018, 09:17:58 pm »

All the more reason to deploy a long-ranged field gun, even if we are guaranteed to win the early stages anyway.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 02, 2018, 03:11:33 pm »

Right. Don't get me wrong, I want the HFG... I don't want it enough to stall out this phase however. Might chuck a vote at it if it somehow pulls ahead enough so as to cause a tie. But given how things are going I don't feel that it will.
EDIT: Taricus, you chopped off the Espionage vote...

Revisions (3 Credits)
Senapang Pattern Rifle (Sniper Variant) (5): Twinwolf, Taricus, NUKE9.13, Baffler, Jilladilla
Retracting Roofs (4): Twinwolf, Madman, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):
HFG-13 (2): Madman, NUKE9.13,

Espionage
Peek (-1 to us, -3 to Abbera) (5): Maximum Spin, Taricus, Madman, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:25:19 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 03, 2018, 02:43:15 am »

Really, only two others think we should fix the wreck that is the Kerata?

Anyways, I came back and find ya'll got me lifting engines to play with!

Aero Troopers will be fitted with scaled down lifting engines, worn like a backpack, and given a weapon and a few grenades, to fly over enemy lines in the night and launch raids upon supplies and artillery.

Revisions (3 Credits)
Senapang Pattern Rifle (Sniper Variant) (5): Twinwolf, Taricus, NUKE9.13, Baffler, Jilladilla
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):
ArC-13c "Kerata" Armored Car (3): Taricus, Baffler, Yami
HFG-13 (3): Madman, NUKE9.13, Yami
Aero Troopers (1): Yami

Espionage
Peek (-1 to us, -3 to Abbera) (6): Maximum Spin, Taricus, Madman, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Yami

~Yami, Mad Genius Scientist.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:45:16 am by Yami »
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 03, 2018, 03:03:08 am »

Sounds like a design, but would be interested.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 03, 2018, 04:14:15 am »

Really, only two others think we should fix the wreck that is the Kerata?
It's not that we think it's perfect as is, it's that we think it's too broken to fix with revisions- better to scrap it, start over with a new design.

Revisions (3 Credits)
ArC-13c 'Turtle' (0):
ArC-13c "Kerata" Armored Car (3): Taricus, Baffler, Yami
HFG-13 (2): Madman, Yami
M3 Fragmentation Grenade (5): Baffler, Madman, Taricus, Twinwolf, NUKE9.13
Aero Troopers (1): Yami

Espionage
Peek (-1 to us, -3 to Abbera) (6): Maximum Spin, Taricus, Madman, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Yami
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:06:29 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 03, 2018, 08:20:53 am »

Yeah, it's basically what Nuke said. Would I like a working vehicle? Yeah. Do I think the Kerata has any hope of being salvaged into something useful? Not really. Maybe we can give it a shot later (Taricus made a point in the discord that even if we can't make them combat ready, a revised Kerata could be good for towing the caelium sleds carrying artillery) but there are other priorities just now.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 88