Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45125 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2018, 01:34:26 pm »

....why not?

OPEN IT
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2018, 05:33:00 am »

Look around and see if we can find our gun and then open the mystery box, and then I guess we should start going to the town again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2018, 05:59:06 am »

Look around and see if we can find our gun and then open the mystery box, and then I guess we should start going to the town again.
....why not?

OPEN IT
good ideas +1 there is virtually no chance of it being a trap or a bomb right guys?.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:15:15 am by Basil ii »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2018, 07:18:06 pm »

....why not?

OPEN IT
good ideas +1 there is virtually no chance of it being a trap or a bomb right guys?.
+1 to those Ideas, Cuz I doubt she needs a trap to kill us.

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2018, 03:39:46 pm »

...I can't just ignore that, can I?
I don't know... Where's your gun?
Well, the way I see it, if she wanted us dead, she wouldn't have used a box. Did you SEE what she just pulled?
I don't know.
I am... coming down too hard to have seen shit like that. Ffffuck... Just open the damned box so we can move. Please? I... I feel really bad.
You decide to put her down for a moment, causing her to fall on her knees and vomit some more. At this point it's nothing but mucus, her stomach completely and utterly empty. Gas fumes aren't exactly agreeable with your insides. Of course, you've got a mystery box to open. You reach down and shake the box a little, listening to hear some kind of ticking or... whatever. Finally, you resign yourself to your curiosity and decide top open the box. The hinge creaks as the wooden box opens to reveal its contents.

Holy shit.
The Vault-Tec symbol is a damned rare sight out in the wastes, as most of their tech is kept entirely to the vaults. "Their" personal computers and other gizmos (Rob-co made all of it, of course, but Vault-Tec had quite the deal with them) are just about gone out in the wastes. Not to mention, the few things that WERE made to last tend to be uncrackable. So, when you see the Vault-Tec symbol right below the words Pip-Boy 2000, you figure you might have just come across the fucking jackpot.
A wrist-mounted, blocky piece of kit, with some ash and dust on it. But it's a personal computer all the same! Looking at the screen, you also see that the lock is down! Holy shit. And you got that for FREE? You greedily pick up the piece of kit, and just barely stop before you put it on. There is a small booklet in the box, and considering you didn't get to the ripe old age (relatively) of "in your twenties?" on sheer luck, you decide to read it, first.
It does a lot of sucking its own dick, though, telling you what it's all capable of, but the meat of the matter is here: Once somebody puts it on, it isn't coming off unless you get Rob-Co tech support on the line for a personalized unlock code or if the user died. Limb removal will brick the software, but was deemed an acceptable glitch. So, yeah. Better make sure you're ready to never tan that part of your body, considering you have a mild suspicion Rob-Co tech support is put out to lunch permanently. 200 years of growing dust isn't exactly going to convince those skeletons to do their job.
Still, the functions on this baby are quite something else! For one thing, it has a map system, allowing you to keep track of where you are. Automatically keeps a check on all your vital signs, allows for personalized messages and reminders, and even has a function called VATS. "Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System". It allows for a very accurate and specific shot, through assistance from the personal computer, although it comes at the cost of battery life. The robust little computer charges through a combination of kinetic energy and suncatchers, meaning just waiting around will charge it up again.

And that's just what you caught from the booklet, there could be more (INT:4). Man oh man. It's certainly worth giving up that revolver if that's what you got from it. Besides you still have...
As you touched around your belt, you found your revolver, safe and sound where you usually leave it. How the hell did that... leaf-lady do that!? Whatever, best keep moving.
You'll think about putting it on when you arrive at town, though. Right now, you're burning daylight and have a person who's leaking pretty bad. You happily put the Pip-Boy in your pack, and lift the woman back on your shoulders. The wonderful find turned your bad day into a damned good one, and you find yourself with a little spring on your step. SO much, even, that you're still smiling when you arrive at your destination. The town is a welcome sight after the long trip, and despite that wonderful little spring in your step, you're still really glad to have arrived. Now, of course, the main course of action would be to find a doctor. But you might have to pay up-front, so perhaps you should get your caps from the gecko stuff. Or, the trader. You cleared out the cave, after all.

What to do in what order? Selling Gecko meat (and hide), getting your job paid, or getting your injured person to a doctor.
Also, will you be putting on the Pip-Boy 2000?

Statistics and inventory

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 10.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 230/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Gecko: 10XP) (Golden Gecko: 20XP) (Spectacular finish!: 5XP) (Radroach: 5XP) (Finished combat: 5XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2018, 03:42:53 pm »

Changed my vote.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:18:40 am by Basil ii »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2018, 03:49:21 pm »

Put on the Pipboy, Sell the meat, drop our druggy off at a doctor, THEN collect our pay.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2018, 07:29:48 pm »

Put on the Pipboy, Sell the meat, drop our druggy off at a doctor, THEN collect our pay.
+1
Slavers exist, but not many slavers are magicians capable of teleportation. Lady probably could mind control us or something if she wanted to.

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2018, 08:04:15 pm »

+1
Slavers exist, but not many slavers are magicians capable of teleportation. Lady probably could mind control us or something if she wanted to.

We had a crit in the encounter, that pipe boy is the gift for criting, not going to waste this chance
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2018, 10:28:20 pm »

+1

We had a crit in the encounter, that pipe boy is the gift for criting, not going to waste this chance
+1, this thing will make us vastly more powerful and versatile, thats not to mention all the old world tech we can now use cuz of it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2018, 06:39:32 am »

+1

+1, this thing will make us vastly more powerful and versatile, thats not to mention all the old world tech we can now use cuz of it.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2018, 07:09:37 am »

this thing will make us vastly more powerful and versatile, thats not to mention all the old world tech we can now use cuz of it.
1+
1+ Fine next time we meet her ask her to teach us her disappearing trick it would be handy if we have to run
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:32:30 am by Basil ii »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2018, 02:21:01 pm »

Ps to spleens is it possible to gain unique perks from encounters?
Yes. As a matter of fact, the fact that you have weird wasteland means you'll have more of those. However, this comes at a cost that will become clear at a later time. For reference, without Weird Wasteland, you wouldn't have come across a trader, you would have found a dead vault dweller. Some bones, to be precise. I hope you are all willing to accept this larger breach from reality that Weird Wasteland would usually bring.

Before you do anything else, you decide to apply one of the most valuable pieces of tech around to your wrist. The straps are a little rough, probably because it's an older model, but once it's on properly the pip-boy's screen begins to glow. Apparently, it needs to get a scan going, alongside some other things. The Vault Boy inside the little screen is holding out its finger to indicate that you should wait, and the screen also has a "deleting..." prompt below. So it'll be some time before you know everything that thing does. OF course, that does imply this belonged to somebody else, and you do wonder who, exactly. You doubt that... woman would just give away that kind of tech for free if she was using it. Besides, who knows what else she was hiding in those sleeves. It just doesn't seem trustworthy. Well, anyway, considering you only get to play with that thing later, you get to part two of your master plan. People don't even look at you as you carry the junkie, presumable assuming that you're just carrying her off after a bit too much of a high. And the blood? Oh, who notices that in this day and age? You drop her on the ground at the entrance of the bar, and you head inside. The man that takes the meat was already at the counter. When you pace the slabs of meat on the counter, he looks the meat over for a few moments, and then gives you your money. Sixty caps in total, which should be able to pay the costs of the outing already. Although that will depend on the doctor, you suppose. However, you still have your gecko skin to show. Sadly, the bar owner does not take in skins, only the meat, but he was happy to send you towards the merchant to sell that skin. Selling something to your employer always seems a little awkward to you, but if he's the only general goods store around, that's just how it is.
You'll just take it as a bonus when you get your money, right now you need to take care of this junkie before she stops groaning and starts stinking, instead.

It doesn't take long to find the doctor, considering this town puts all its important places at the same clearing. The clinic even has a working neon sign, though the fact that they managed to get one that spells "medical" wrong probably doesn't imply good things. Entering the "nedikal" building shows that it does look half-way decent, at least. There are two beds here, and only one of them has signs of rats eating them. It's practically luxury. The doctor looks like an elderly man, with a balding head that reaches all the way back. He still has curly graying hair on the far back, and he has the decency not to turn it into comb-over. His outfit looks rather filthy, covered in all sorts of differently colored chemicals, though the most common one is red, by far. All in all, what you'd expect from a doctor in post-apocalyptic America. Or it would be if the good doctor wasn't finishing off a line of cocaine off the clean bed when you enter. Your disappointment is immeasurable, but at least he's quick on the draw when you enter. He speaks with a nervous tone of voice, and stutters.
Alright, I can tell that blood is hers. Put her on the gurney... T-the one with the holes in it, this one's for, uh...
He sniffs a bit, rubbing his nose. He manages to wipe away some of the powder that didn't quite reach his nostrils. You cough, trying to ignore it.
Medical purposes that aren't hers. Anyway, I'm doctor Ned, uh, what happened.
You carry her over to the dinky bed and throw her on it before answering. She groans as she lands, but the soft bedding makes her change her tune pretty fast. She turns that groan into a satisfied sigh  as she relaxes, taking care not to lean on her bad shoulder.
She got bit by a golden gecko, over her shoulder. She's got some gunk in her shoulder, too.
Yeah? Y-yeah. I'll, uh... I'll check that right out. The doctor takes out a pair of glasses from the desk, one lens of which is cracked. The one surprising thing that people found out in the apocalypse is that finding proper glasses isn't an issue. Maybe they just figured out how to make glasses for every type of vision problem, or maybe it's just an easy gameplay convention that doesn't require asking questions.

Uhhh, I see the, uh, gunk. C-can you hand me the, uhh. Uuuuhhhhhhh.. The... The pinchy thing?
You hand him the pinchy thing, and watch the nose candy enthousiast work his magic. It seems that, despite his previous actions, he's still a very steady hand. He pulls out the green glowing goop in mere seconds, and then takes a closer look at the rest of the wound. He even pulls out a looking glass to get a really close look, and you and the kid just keep your distance as he works.
Uhhh, Miss? D-do you... uh, feel dizzy? Perhaps? Maybe nauseous ?
The junkie's answer is to retch a bit on the floor. That's a good way to non-verbally communicate. The doctor doesn't even comment on the glob of spit and slime that she leaves.
Yup. That's a rad problem. Uhhh, alright. I'm gonna just... uh, clean the wound with some antiseptic, first. G-good job k-k-keeping it clean. That'll stop a lot. N-now, this w-will sting...
The good doctor pulls out a small vial. You can't see any labels on it, but it's probably medicine... stuff. The clear fluid seems to hiss as it enters the junkie's wounds, but she doesn't even groan as it goes. You've had enough adventures with anti-septic to know it hurts like a motherfucker, so it's pretty impressive.
You know.
For a fumehead.

Y-yeah, alright. Uh, I'll just stitch this stuff up, a-and then, i'll, uh... Wait, shit. D-did you guys pay already?
No. We didn't.
You resist the urge to slap Blitz for saying that.
Uhh, bossman says I can't do freebies anymore. Y-you got caps on you? It's, uh, thirty caps for the stitch and... uh... 15 for a dose of radaway.
45 caps in total, then?
Uhh, p-probably? I don't... I'm not good with math when I take my hits, friend.
The doctor then proceeds to pull out a needle and wire, to which the junkie proceeds to pull out her biting stick. Seriously, who carries that around?
She DOES groan in pain here, of course. There's a limit to how much you can take, and needles are kind of a weak spot for many people. Still, she takes it fairly well, and doesn't need to be held down as the doctor gets to work. Of course, she had to take off her shirt, and Blitz decides to look away at that. You don't get why. It's just a nipple, you saw tons of nipples in your last job. People seem to think you're not a raider unless you look ready for a BDSM party. You still resent Humongous The Original for setting that trend across America. Still, not many people can set up a raiding band that lasted 39 years and managed to reach the entirety of America...
Cars still worked back then, that doesn't happen any-more.
With at least one exception, you muse. You'll find the bastards that took your stuff. And killed your companions or whatever, but that's secondary.

Considering this will take a while, you decide to go get your payment from the merchant. You leave Blitz here, to make sure there's no shenanigans going on, and also so the doctor will let you leave without calling the guards for dashing before paying. You've got payment to get, and more importantly, steady.
The slimebag was napping when you came closer, though he seemed to wake up instantly when you sat yourself down in front of his crummy stall. His chins jiggled for a moment as he gets his bearings, but then he clears up. Good god, did he get fatter when you were gone or was he always that ugly?
Ahhhh! MY valued employee! How did it go?
Geckos are dead, and a single radroach. I didn't find anything else, apart from a junkie.
Yes, of course... There might have been a bit of a miscommunication. When I said the vermin needs to be gone, I meant all of it. Is that... junkie still in the cave?
...No. But I thought you said specifically that there wouldn't be humans.
I said nothing that can shoot back. She can't shoot back, can she? She only has her machetes.
Too specific. He knew ahead of time.
Just how do you know her?
Why, Tenderloin? That troublemaker is the main reason I wanted that damned cave clear. She's been after my caravans ever since she misunderstood my contract.
...What was the mistake?
It said, the agreed upon amount. I never agreed to it, I merely acknowledged that she made the offer. When she turned aggressive, I had her taken away for re-education. Clearly, it didn't stick... Ahh, but that's in the past, now. Speaking of agreed upon amounts, here's your cut for clearing that cave. 100 caps. Now, I have some steady available for 65 caps, a special offer for a valued customer. And, of course, another job that might actually challenge you. That one will pay out double caps than this one.
And what would that job be, exactly?
Good you should ask. You see, now that this cave has been cleaned out, I have a client that would be interested in a few chems. The money is over and done, but somebody needs to bring that collection of chems to the cave. I need somebody to guide the brahmin, and I can't use my usual boys.
Why not?
Well, these chems may just be just the tiniest bit less than fully legal. This town... it taxes the life out of honest businessmen. Why, I'm practically starving without these little additional jobs!
The man looks like he's a cube of fat that's losing the fight against gravity. You doubt that he's in actual trouble.
Let me think about it. I've got something to do, first.

Statistics and inventory
Pip-boy loading...

Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 10.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 0/400

Level Up!
You have 14 skill points.
Add them to the skills of choice!
Skills

Perks are only awarded at even-numbered level-ups.
For now.

EDIT: Reshuffled the inventory a bit, making it easier to read.
The Pip-boy is doing its magic already...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:13:32 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2018, 02:28:53 pm »

equip that pip boy and accept the job from the fat merchant man also if we can clean our raider rag and sell that golden gecko hide trust in our luck to find a merchant that would give a good price on it and I have no opinion on the steady or the level up.

Ps to spleens thank you
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 02:44:07 pm by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2018, 04:00:58 pm »

We have a -15 on social skills because of the cold as ice stuff

Just calculating 100 caps +60 from gecko meat and 2 from before so we have 162 -45 from the doctor -65 from the steady

so we have 52 +golden gecko hide caps
-10 to use the water stuff?
I think we should:

+14 barter (or +7 barter +7 speech)

return to the doctor, and pay stuff, ask who is his boss

examine the pipe boy

Buy the steady, ask what was the original price but after say that maybe he will want to make it cheaper if he want to make his loyal employee, if the costs for him is higher say that he can show us the bills, and we can help him somehow to make steady cheaper for him and come in a steadier numbers (??)

Ask for the price of the golden hide, then barter for the gecko hide to make it worth more.

Say that if he wants to make sure that no problem with agreed upon prices happens he should write the agreed valor in some kind of paper in which us and him will have, of course it will be vague so no one will know that he is hiring raiders.

ask for details, where to drop the brahmins and how well his "competitors" might know about it and try to make a surprise visit

and what is the price of bullets, with thaaat special discount for friends or for effective employees

see if our pipeboy or the town has a map to the nearby towns and what it has written about surroundings. know a bit of the region is good to make sure we survive or know where to make a safe detour or not.

pay those 10 caps to use the pump and fill our bottles

mission go

I don't recommend trying to barter the steady right now, unless the discount is stupid because I don't want to fail hard on the roll and have to pay more
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42