Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45094 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2018, 11:01:06 am »

Or just make a big noise and they will charge outside the cabe probably, the pistol blast will probably scare half and aggro the rest of the critters anyway
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2018, 12:10:37 pm »

Right. What would this "job" be?
Ahhh! I knew I had a smart employee when I saw one! Right. The job is quite easy, I sassure you, a... test of skill, shall we say. There's a nearby cave here that's been overrun with some vermin, you see.
What kind? The kind that shoots back?
No no! I assure you that you will be the only one with a bullet around. A few geckos, some radroaches... A real ecosystem in there, you know?
Right. And what do you care that there's a cave with some more ratshit than usual?
They've been getting a tendency to crawl out of there, especially when they smell my wasteland jerky. Worth gold, that stuff, but those damned animals wouldn't tell a sirloin from feces
Or just make a big noise and they will charge outside the cabe probably, the pistol blast will probably scare half and aggro the rest of the critters anyway
you have a point buuut he asked us to exterminate them not scare them off. They had been eating his wasteland jerky’s remember?. [you might say basil it didn’t actually say that you have to exterminate it well if we scare half of them off we would only be doing half of a job the pests would still come back and repopulate the cave]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:16:29 pm by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2018, 10:31:17 am »

No no no, in the scare part I was thinking that they will go deeper in the cave

we will have to hunt them probably in separated groups later
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2018, 12:15:15 pm »

No no no, in the scare part I was thinking that they will go deeper in the cave

we will have to hunt them probably in separated groups later
ahh now i see but we do not know how big this cave is.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:47:16 pm by Basil ii »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2018, 02:25:58 pm »

Time to get clever, I'm guessing.
You dig through your pack and select the only thing you've got left that you could reasonably call food. A piece of radroach meat that looks appetising, provided you can't tell shit from food. Considering what the trader said, you're willing to take the risk. With a decent throw, the piece of meat falls right at the edge of your vision, and you and the kid both take cover. After a few seconds, you hear the first customer of the day coming closer, guessing from the odd squeaking it's a gecko. Taking careful aim, you aim for the bulbous head of the mutated critter with your .357. You consider waiting for some more geckos, but the one near the meat is already grabbing it with its webbed fingers to eat. Well, either you get one or you get none, so you fire. You twitch, compensating for the recoil before it actually happens, but the shot was already aimed enough to strike true. You remove the top of the creature's skull, exposing the brain to fresh air. Unfortunately, death comes too quickly for it to appreciate the sensation.
The muzzle flash illuminates the cave for a split second, revealing rocks and two other geckos. A hiss follows, and the geckos charge forward in their unique open mouth and flailing legs sort of run. Clicking the hammer back, you fire off your revolver in the centre mass of the closest one, striking true again. You hear the kid popping off a shot, but she misses by quite a lot, striking a rock in the back and little else. You cock the hammer back just as the gecko rushes into to take a deep bite of your flesh, but you pointblank the creature through the chin, blasting out brain matter and painting the nearby rocks in blood and goo.
Huh... You sigh, as you try to ignore the massive amount of blood currently on you. A bit close for comfort, there. Things are alright, at least. Well, that's the first bit of the cave. Guess we gotta go inside if we want the rest, those gunshots will have spooked most of the crit... Kid. Behind you.

A different sort of hiss comes from behind the kid, and you don't have a clear shot. Fortunately, it's just a radroach. The kid jumps back, yelling in fear and surprise as the cockroach hisses and squirms. It... doesn't seem agressive, although it is raising its wings at the both of you. It's kind of unusual the dumb mutant isn't attacking you, but they are known for being more territorial than outright aggressive, at times. Well...
Well... I'm not wasting a bullet. Fire away, kid.
After a short moment where Blitz realizes what you actually just said, she aims her gun and fires. Unfortunately, she was trying to be fancy, and was aiming for the tiny head of the radroach instead of the centre mass. The bullet lands right next to it, a hair's breadth from actually hitting it, but a miss is a miss. The roach, startled by the loud noise, hisses again and rushes towards the two of you. You sigh as you step forward and Roll: d20+str=23 pick the creature up and start crushing it with both hands, causing it to squirm and chirp. You put it in one hand, and perform an upwards overhead throw, sending the creature soaring through the air. You say one thing before you take a small running start and kick the radroach just before it hits the ground, sending the creature flying forward at a blinding speed and splattering it over the rocks.
Don't fuck with THIS gunslinger!
The stadium cheers, the crowd goes wild! It's out of the park, ladies and gentlemen!

Whoah.
...Alright. Centre mass, next time?
Can you do that again?
Probably not. I just got inspired.
...What now?
Deeper into the cave, I'm guessing. There's got to be more than just three little geckos. Come on!

You head deeper into the cave, letting your eyes get used to the darkness. It doesn't take long before you spot the trouble, a ladder! Geckos are clever little animals, and you know that they can actually climb a ladder like this. They've got some damned quick limbs, and they like to bite the rungs to stay up. Well, looks like you're climbing down...
But it really is awfully dark. Maybe you should do something about that? There were some trees outside, and you know a trick with a few bullets to get a fire going... But you'd need some way to stop the fire from eating the branch before you're done. Maybe you'd better just risk it in the darkness, and try to get your eyes used to it.
Worst comes to worst, you can shank your targets. Hard to miss with that, even in the dark.

Statistics and inventory

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Addiction status: You are feeling a tingle in your fingers.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 75/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Gecko: 10XP) (Spectacular finish!: 5XP) (Radroach: 5XP) (Finished combat: 5XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 04:26:35 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2018, 02:36:34 pm »

we should light a Fire from the dead trees and branches all on the outside of the cave and smoke them out the cave. [the smoke may as a plus kill of the roaches.]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:42:41 pm by Basil ii »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2018, 02:41:54 pm »

Tell the kid to fire a shot off into the darkness, and use the muzzle flash to see if there's anything down there. If there isn't anything flammable, try to set a fire and make a rudimentary torch.

Avanti!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2018, 02:55:14 pm »

If there isn't anything flammable.
dead, gnarled trees don't add to the atmosphere.
here is something flammable.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2018, 03:16:23 pm »

If there isn't anything flammable in the cave.

Avanti!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2018, 03:49:32 pm »

If there isn't anything flammable in the cave.
ahh now I get it but shouldn’t there be some gnarled roots From the dead trees above?.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2018, 12:48:00 am »

Tell the kid to fire a shot off into the darkness, and use the muzzle flash to see if there's anything down there. If there isn't anything flammable, try to set a fire and make a rudimentary torch.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2018, 12:57:00 pm »

Alright. Remember how we got a flash from the pistol? We should get the reflection from the gecko eyes if you fire.
The kid just nods, and aims the gun at the darkness. You... briefly wonder what she's aiming at, but decide not to ask question as you tell her to fire. The flash reveals a few creatures, but you can't quite figure out where. You mostly go off the hissing, to be honest, but you caught around two more geckos. Sadly, though, you also spot that the cave continues for quite a distance. Well, more specifically, there's a corner. Well... You hear the geckos clambering up the rungs, and you don't even bother to waste your own bullets.
Pop them, would you?
You look at the kid with some expectation, and she catches on fast enough. The glints in the gecko's eyes are clear enough and there is absolutely nothing around to make it difficult for her to hit the shots. Still, considering how new she is, you stick around to watch. After a short pause and a minor help in aiming (meaning you grab her wrist and point it down the narrow hatch)
*Pak pak pak pak pak pak*
The head of the gecko's properly ventilated, you laugh a little at the vague sight. You didn't see it perfectly, but you got enough of a look at it. The muzzle flashes sure are bloody bright, isn't that just kind of odd? Oh well, you don't fire a lot of guns in the dark. You're more of a desert type guy. Either way, you quickly get to work outside on gathering up some firewood.

Rrrright, kid. So. Do YOU have anything that burns a long time? A rag of some sorts?
She nods her head. No, of course not.
In that case we're going to have to move fast and work off multiple branches as we move. Sadly, the cave is likely too large to allow us to smoke them out.
How do you know that?
Somebody bothered to put a ladder there. Meaning it's a smuggler's nest. If it wasn't big before, somebody made it so. Probably had a couple of breathing holes, too. So! We are going to go down there to shoot things.
With branches in one hand?
You don't even bother to answer the question as you snap off a few solid branches from the dead tree. The wood didn't get moldy, even if the trees themselves are never going to become green again. Your hands start to tingle like mad as you work, though, and when you reach the final portion of the fire-making part, you note to your dismay that the shakes are starting.
Fuck me...
It's still manageable at this point in time, but it will only get worse. You succeed in getting some sparks to fly off the bullet with your shank, and the gunpowder you removed from the other bullets. That took you around six bullets from the 9mm, so you're down a magazine and a bit. 40 bullets left on that one.

Still, you have a solid collection of branches, and the wood doesn't burn TOO fast. Still, better hurry!

What's the plan for deeper into the cave?

Statistics and inventory

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 5.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 90/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Gecko: 10XP) (Spectacular finish!: 5XP) (Radroach: 5XP) (Finished combat: 5XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2018, 02:56:14 pm »

We should make a torch from the tree branch both for us and the kid. While the light may make us a target I think we should be fine.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:04:18 pm by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2018, 05:11:56 pm »

Every bunch (I don't know) of meter maybe we should just make another noise or throw the beef  to make them come into us (and reduce the chance they are going to flank us through the holes, a thing that WILL happen if we don't take care
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2018, 04:29:47 am »

We should also start using the shotgun, cause I don't think we'll be hitting anything with the magnum any more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42