Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45081 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2018, 04:28:02 pm »

You go back to the merchant, after looking over your options for just a little while longer. Eventually, you come to the decision that you'd better back the man that found a way to end up fat in this day and age. His hair is awful though, the man needs to find a way to style that sucker. Greasy hair, for gods sake... Disgusting, is what it is! You sit down in front of the booth again, take a deep breath, and then say
Right. What would this "job" be?
Ahhh! I knew I had a smart employee when I saw one! Right. The job is quite easy, I sassure you, a... test of skill, shall we say. There's a nearby cave here that's been overrun with some vermin, you see.
What kind? The kind that shoots back?
No no! I assure you that you will be the only one with a bullet around. A few geckos, some radroaches... A real ecosystem in there, you know?
Right. And what do you care that there's a cave with some more ratshit than usual?
They've been getting a tendency to crawl out of there, especially when they smell my wasteland jerky. Worth gold, that stuff, but those damned animals wouldn't tell a sirloin from feces!
Right. I have to bring my own damned weapons, I assume?
Ahh! But that's where you get the advantage of dealing with good ol' Bartholomew! I provide the ammo for the job, and all you need is to apply your own leverage, no?
...What bullets are we talking?
What weapons do you carry?
A dinky nine mil, a .357 revolver and a sawed-off shotty. 12-gauge.
Hmm. Well, I'm a generous employer, but I'm not silly. Choose one of the three to work with, and then you can go towards that cave.
Can I come? Your little ex-slave says, enthousiastic.
Hm. I don't see why not. You're free to bring along some help, if you wish, though you'll have to split payment yourself.

You blink a few times, confused. After a short, awkward pause, you finally remind the merchant that this girl can't be older than ten.
I'm twelve!
Do you even know what that number means?
She clams up, looking embarrassed. Yeah, you figured that if she can't read, her slaver probably didn't teach her how to count, either.
Well, as long as she doesn't die, what's the harm? Besides, your daughter could use some early fighting experience. He laughs heartily, from the belly. You can see it jiggling, too, so he's really getting into it. Or he just can't move without resembling jello pudding.
She is not my daughter. You say. Deadpan, a little annoyed.
Oh? Hmmm, then what IS the relation between the two of you?
She needed somebody to look after her, and I haven't wised up enough to tell her to fuck off... So I've a soft spot for kids, shoot me for it, I don't care.
It's your turn to blush a little, looking somewhat angry. The merchant's face is relentlessly smug, and you eventually smash your fist on the stall.
You going to tell me where that fucking cave is, or what!?
Oh ho ho! Don't you worry, my friend. It's just north of here, just follow that alley for a time, and then go straight forward. You can't miss it, big outcropping of rock, with plenty of broc flowers at the entrance. Now, what bullets would you like?

Well, what would you like some more of? And will you be leaving immediately?

Shotgun shells
You get twenty shells of valuable buckshot, more than enough for clearing out pesky vermin.

.357 bullets
Only twelve bullets for that, I'm afraid. There just isn't a whole lot of the stuff around, for some reason, and the guards lay claim on a lot of the stock.

9mm bullets
Bulk order! 50 beautiful rounds of nine mil, ready for firing! If you feel uncertain about your pistol, you are also free to use my workbench over yonder!

Statistics and inventory

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Addiction status: No shakes yet. But it won't be long now.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 25/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP)

I modified the stat and inventory part to take up less space. Do you prefer this over the old version or not?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:18:03 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2018, 04:40:28 pm »

Lets think about the advantages of each gun, the shotgun is powerful and doesn't need THAT much aiming- which with our upcoming shakes is definitely a good thing, but its loud and definately got kickback, Next we've got "OUR" gun, Powerful, Reliable, But we won't have enough ammo for it, and with the shakes coming along aiming is definitely gonna hurt. Finally we have the 9' pistol, Probably unreliable, Fairly weak, and filled with who knows how much shit- but we'd have 50 bullets for the damn thing, AND the chance to fix it up before we head out.

I Vote for the 9mm bullets, Taking a bit of time to work on our "Newest" Gun, and THEN heading out to the cave.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2018, 04:44:53 pm »

It looks nice.

Let's take the shotgun ammunition. I don't want the jitters to sneak up on us, and noise doesn't really matter when you're facing off against a bunch of mutant animals.

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2018, 02:22:51 pm »

Fix the gun (by the way, how much damage it does?)

Ask for what will be the payment for us to plan in advance

ask how much he would pay for some steady, and how much he think we can make when we sell the rests of our "problem"
(I'm pretty sure someone will pay for gecko meat at least)

we can be smarter guys, see if the police guys has some wanted posters, this way we can see if we have chance to find some possible random encounters on the way, go to the bar and ask the cooker if he is interested in a hunter to grab some meat for him (and possible get paid twice)

We can be less smarter also but more brave, and see what that gangster would want, I am not going to suggest being a double agent again, I am also not certain about it
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2018, 08:52:40 pm »

I Vote for the 9mm bullets, Taking a bit of time to work on our "Newest" Gun, and THEN heading out to the cave.
Also ask around to see if any one is wanting to buy gecko meat.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2018, 12:48:06 pm »

Just how much are you paying me, anyhow?
Come now, boy. Don't you trust me? Wouldn't you prefer it to be a surprise?
No.
Alright then. It's 100 caps, and you get to keep your bullets. Naturally.
Deal. Was that so hard? Let's go. I'll be using your bench.
Go ahead. Take your time.
...Wait. You feel your hands tingle a little already. You're not proud of it, but you have to ask.Do you have any Steady?
Hm? That's rare stuff, you know. But, yes. I have some. Fifty caps for a can.
Great... Could I get an advance?
No deal, my friend. I don't know you enough to trust you on that. Surely you understand.
Nothing's for free, I guess. Fuck. Fine, I'll get to work.

With a workbench (and the assorted tools) you can actually get this piece of shit pistol working again. Your forethought in getting those bits and bobs really paid off, as the thing was missing a few screws. You end up straightening the barrel with some strategic ticks from a hammer, oil it up a little, all manner of things you can think of. When you're done, a good hour has passed, but this pistol has officially left the realm of garbage and into that of "kind of okay". Huh. You wish you had a few test rounds, to test the recoil, but this thing shouldn't do anything too unexpected. Nine millimeters isn't a popular gun, but they're fairly sturdy and have common ammo. Perfect for vermin hunting. Roll: d100+30(repair)=74
Speaking of...
When you enter the bar, you see that your hunch was correct. Big posters on the wall state that they pay for gecko meat, and they even have a diagram of where to cut for the best parts. Nothing you didn't already know, though. They also state that they'll pay for most meats "if propparly kut". Well, they're trying to write correctly, sort of. They don't indicate how to cut the other kinds of animals, but the pricing is rather reasonable. Around ten caps per steak, leg or arm. As great as that sounds, though, you won't be able to take everything along. It's rather a lot to carry even one entire gecko. Might be best to just get the steak parts, if you consider weight...

Before leaving, you also make a quick visit to the "police". It's actually just the guard barracks, and there are a few posters around stating names and recognizable attributes.
"O' Malley. Hatless, wears duster. Stole casserole. Wanted dead or alive" is the closest one.
There's a lot of options, and none of them seem easy to recognize. Maybe you'll just take stuff that's recognizable if you really do meet some kind of strange bandit. You doubt even the guards know just who they're expected to shoot. Oh well.
You're just about ready, you'd say. Time to get walking

The walk there is nothing special, you figure. What could possibly happen in half an hour's walk? As it turns out, some thing CAN happen. Fortunately, your keen eye manages to spot the problem before it turns into one. A ghoul is hidden under the sand, floundering slightly as it gibbers something resembling talk. Well, damn. Must have gone feral only recently or something. Well, regardless, you have the perfect shot...
Watch this, kid...

Shoot the ghoul? Maybe this is a learning opportunity for the kid, too...

Statistics and inventory

Addiction status: No shakes yet. But I'm starting to feel some tingling.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 25/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP)

edit: forgot to add the damned ammo. It is too damn hot here...
Edit 2: Ok, I know for a FACT that I updated the 9mm before. I guess something got lost, somewhere? I don't get that one. Either way, it's been updated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:56:28 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2018, 12:53:26 pm »

Shoot it with the .357 in the head. Best to keep it from troubling anybody else. Once it's dead, use the 9mm and walk Blitz through the process of taking a shot with the dead ghoul as a dummy.

Avanti!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2018, 01:01:06 pm »

Shoot it with the .357 in the head. Best to keep it from troubling anybody else. Once it's dead, use the 9mm and walk Blitz through the process of taking a shot with the dead ghoul as a dummy.
well what about the radiation from the ghoul would it not be dangerous for the kid?. We know the ash is full of rads so why not be careful.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:09:57 pm by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2018, 01:47:04 pm »

teach the kid to aim with the 9mm let her shoot only when WE aimed. so if she miss we put it down

we left without ammo?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2018, 05:46:32 am »

+1

It looks like the nine millimeter's description didn't get updated and the ammo didn't get added.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2018, 07:43:02 am »

teach the kid to aim with the 9mm let her shoot only when WE aimed. so if she miss we put it down

we left without ammo?
1+

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2018, 04:36:06 am »

You pull out your .357 revolver, and keeping your lack of steady in mind, you take the time to line up the shot perfectly. With your target static and close-by, this shot is a cinch to make. One trigger-pull, and there's one less stinking zombie in the world, except...
Shit. Let's make this a learning experience. Kid?
You pull out the 9mm, and hand it to the kid. She looks at with reverance, and you slowly walk her through holding a pistol.
Right. Rule number one, don't aim at anything you don't want dead. NEVER look down the barrel, alright? I've seen two retards kill themselves like that. Don't make it three. Second, stop looking at it like it's God itself. It's just a thing that goes bang and sends fuckers to hell.
It's heavy!
Shush! That ghoul's just sleeping, right? Don't wake it up. Alright, your nine mil's got twelve bullets in it. If it doesn't die straight up, hit it again. I'm also here, so i'll pop it in the head if shit goes wrong. You know how to aim a gun?
The kid just nods, listening very closely. Hell, you've rarely ever gotten an audience like this. You've never really taught anything to anybody before, but you feel like you're doing a good job (CHR roll: D20+7=20)
Right, so this one's not perfect, but easy enough. You see this little triangle at the end of the gun, here? Line it up between the two squares in the back, and that's where the bullet will go. So, now... Take aim.
The kid, a little confused about how fast it's going, aims her pistol with one hand. She can hardly lift it like that, and her arm trembles a little from the weight. It's a light pistol, but she is tiny and malnourished. Oh well.
Both hands, kiddo. Put your hand under the grip, here... Like a teacup!
What's a teacup?
A cup to put boiling leaf juice in. I don't get it either. Either way, like this.
You take her hands, and put them into a more stable position. She's still shaking a little, but far less. She should be about ready.
Right, I'll take aim as well. Aim for the thing's head, there, in the ashes. If shit goes bad, I'll just shoot him down. Ready?
Uhhh... I-I've never killed anybody before.
Ghouls ain't people, kid. Take a deep breath, and breathe out as you fire, it'll steady your aim.
You hear her sucking up a deep breath, holding it.
Breathe out, kid. You'll turn purple.
You hear her blowing out the air again, through the mouth and a little forceful, but she fires the gun at long last! The gunshot echoes through the plains, and the ghoul's head straight up EXPLODES! The creature's brains go flying, and a piece of skull manages to land in front of the both of you!

Damn! Hah! You must have hit something special! Well, that's a conservative use of a bullet. Good shot!
The kid is standing there, trembling a bit. Her mouth is open and she's still aiming at the corpse of the ghoul. Just as you're about to get worried, you hear her whisper Whoah... She is in awe of that gun, apparently. That's just adorable.
It... It really threw itself back.
What? The gun? Yeah, you gotta account for the kick a little... Come to think of it, that remind me. This time you had the time to aim. If you have to work quick, always go for centre of mass. That's a fancy term for "shoot the biggest part". So if one of those rotting motherfuckers go rushing at you, shoot them in the chest. Of course, some real hotshots like shooting limbs to disarm or slow down their creatures, but honestly? It's an unneeded risk.
...Can I shoot when we get to the cave?
Eh, maybe. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
...Awesome.
Now, press that button to unload the gun. Now, watch it, there's still a bullet in the chamber when you do that.
She lets the magazine fall into the ashes, and you are quick to pick it up. You load a fresh bullet in there, and then show her how to properly reload.
Oh yeah, because of the chambered bullet, you've got one additional round before you're out. Keep that in mind.

THe rest of the journey doen't have anything of note. The cave is where the merchant said it'd be, covered in all manner of broc flowers. If you had some xander root, you could make healing powder, ever. But you didn't spot anything like that on the way here, and you need a mortar and pestle of you want to make it. You'll check if you've got room for it when you're out of the cave, probably. The place looks pretty dark, and the dead, gnarled trees don't add to the atmosphere. You hear some hissing from geckos on the inside...
How are we going to play this?

Statistics and inventory

Addiction status: No shakes yet.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 30/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)
Neat stuff I do:

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2018, 07:02:23 am »

Try get a good shooting position then throw out some of the cook meat as bait if they take it shoot them
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:02:03 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2018, 08:56:43 am »

Try get a good shooting position then throw out some of the cook meat as bait if they take it then shoot them
Also keep the 12 gauge ready in case we need it.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2018, 09:06:04 am »

Try get a good shooting position then throw out some of the cook meat as bait if they take it then shoot them
Also keep the 12 gauge ready in case we need it.
1+ Good idea
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42